4.7

1. MichaelaN.
    Mar 7, 2004
    hahha excellent i like the bit with the atomic hot ball with kangeroo jack he is so funny.
  2. Meat
    Aug 25, 2003
    You have to realize what you're getting here... Its a kids movie and thats the deal. Not as bad as all the critics say and my son laughed a lot. Jerry O. was amusing and there were some funny spots. However, you could tear this to pieces if you'd like cuz there's a tons of dumb, wasted space. But, hey, its a kids movie and we'll leave it at that...
  3. MarcM.
    Jan 10, 2005
    Awsome movie! Funny. Must see it!
  4. PatrickD.
    Aug 23, 2005
    Good, but not great. Good enought not to be on the worst 200 movies. There are worse movies out there.
  5. 6A
    Aug 8, 2007
    Okay, I know it wasn't as good as lord of the rings but, It's a funny little movie to see with your kids.
  6. MacaulayC.
    Mar 20, 2004
    Ebert called this the quintessential kangaroo CGI film, and I wholeheartedly concur.
  7. KM
    Mar 19, 2009
    I'm not going to say anything about plot, but I liked this movie and it is also one of the first movies that introduced me to the comedic talent of Anthony Anderson.
  8. DaveT.
    Mar 5, 2008
    This is the single greatest stoner movie of all time. Just after it came out i was a major stoner, and me and my mate would watch this movie every weekend. We loved it. god bless you kangaroo jack, i might have kicked the habit, but the memories will last a life time.
  9. GaladiM.
    Jul 5, 2003
    Very Bad and worse movie.
  10. Layne
    Dec 6, 2003
    This film is pure garbage. Not only is the CGI kangaroo the worst Hollywood creation of the year, but this film is right up there with it. A revolting film well deserving of the low Meta-score it recieved.
  11. JC
    Apr 9, 2003
    Is this movie for real? what utter trash from an equally trashy cast and crew.
  12. SummerOfGilbertM.
    Jul 12, 2003
    No, no, no, no, no, no, no. NO. NO, NO, NO. N. O. NO.
  13. ClarkW
    Aug 10, 2008
    I can't understand what is with all these critics. This movie, while a little over the top, is hilarious. It's a classic buddy-buddy action comedy. It's funny and fun and will appeal to both adult and child audiances.
  14. LaurenS
    Feb 10, 2009
    Even for a children's movie, it is an extreme flop. I was a kid when it came out, and i saw it with my parents, they were absolutely disgusted and i was too! We left the theater, and as a teen, i've had enough of the losers saying it's the greatest movie in the world. For me, everyone has an opinion, but please, seriously, don't watch it. It's such a redneck movie.
  15. EvanH
    Jun 9, 2009
    I watched this movie when I was about 8 years old and I wasn't remotely amused by this.
  16. Apr 16, 2011
    This is a SEVERELY underated film. The acting is great, the plot is pretty decent and the jokes are belly-achingly funny. I don't care what the god-damn critics say, WATCH THIS FILM or else you will regret it.
  17. MelissaW.
    Apr 1, 2003
    HEY i was an extra on this movie and i had a fantastic time so i can only imagine the fun jerry and anthony had making the movie themselves. overall I thought it was a reallly fun adventurous movie aimed at kids... no wonder the adults didnt like it. Try it on your kids maybe?
  18. BonehoC.
    Jun 11, 2004
    I didn't laugh once this whole movie! It's so freaking bad! I have heard the jokes before, and those who haven't won't find them funny. Some of the content should not be in a PG movie. Like Charlie, (or whatever his name was), grabbing the women's breast. Or the extreme use of achohol. I decided to watch this movie to see how bad it was. I guess it was worth it so I didn't laugh once this whole movie! It's so freaking bad! I have heard the jokes before, and those who haven't won't find them funny. Some of the content should not be in a PG movie. Like Charlie, (or whatever his name was), grabbing the women's breast. Or the extreme use of achohol. I decided to watch this movie to see how bad it was. I guess it was worth it so now I can make fun of it. That's something. I guess I'll give it a one because of that. Expand
  19. GodD.
    Jun 21, 2004
    Whats so bad about this movie its hilarious!!
  20. ZachL
    Apr 3, 2005
    I give this movie a one because I laughed once... at how pathetic this movie truly was. This movie isn't suited for really young kids, which is the only audience who would have found this movie funny. All of the "10" reviews were fake, right? RIGHT?!
  21. JackM
    Apr 28, 2007
    This is just Weekend at Burnie's with a kangaroo, mate.
  22. GregtheGreat
    Feb 28, 2003
    I thought it was okay. I mean it was kinda funny and wasn't really that bad. I would pick it up if I found it for cheap.
  23. E.Rooz
    Jun 11, 2003
    So there I was in 1998 (!!) listening to a ozzy telling a story about a supposedly dead kangaroo hit by a car and a few guys putting a shirt on to make a photo.... This story must have evovled like an urban legend into a film. Can't be very original...
  24. BradD.
    Jul 14, 2003
    How can such a god-awful piece of crap come from such a renowned producer as Jerry Bruckheimer? He must be very, very ashamed of his work.
  25. 8Ball
    Jul 17, 2003
    Yo, a rapping kangaroo! Dag! I give it an 8 cuz I'm 8 Ball!
  26. Katherine
    Jul 28, 2006
    Terrible. Today all I am seeing is terrible movies. Hollywood is running out of ideas! What happend to those creative, great, original movies. It is also a bad influence on kids.
  27. briann
    Aug 14, 2007
    anthony anderson should be forever banned from movies and take jerry o'connell with him. as a punishment, no film studio should be allowed to use the song 'down under' or make a movie set in australia ever again. also, they should make a DVD sequel solely for the purposes of torturing that horrid rapping kangaroo.
  28. PatC.
    Dec 12, 2003
    Hey, I thought it was cute. Crocodile Dundee meets Roger Rabbit, with a dash of Home Alone - it's a non-animated cartoon. As for all the negative criticism, it's true too. This movie is crap, but unique, clever and unpretentious crap. So give your brain the night off, grab some beer and pizza and indulge in some non-evaluatory cackles. This is common denominator Cable TV filler, Hey, I thought it was cute. Crocodile Dundee meets Roger Rabbit, with a dash of Home Alone - it's a non-animated cartoon. As for all the negative criticism, it's true too. This movie is crap, but unique, clever and unpretentious crap. So give your brain the night off, grab some beer and pizza and indulge in some non-evaluatory cackles. This is common denominator Cable TV filler, so don't expect it to go away. If you must have profundity and social commentary in your movies, consider this one a cautionary examination of Australian male machismo, a provocative commentary on our tolerance for modern mythology. Are we not filled with admiration and envy for rugged blokes who crawl out from down under barstools simply because they come from down under? Expand
    Dec 15, 2003
    What a horribly offensive movie, I'm not sure what's worse, the acting, impossile plot line, or animal cruelty, even though it was only CG. This movie should never have been made, the only thing that should have come from this is a well-done CGI kangaroo, floating around on KaZaA.
  30. matt
    Dec 17, 2007
    The kangaroo talks? Huh. I didn't catch that because I was too busy sleeping through the whole movie.
  31. ShaheemE.
    Dec 13, 2008
    The story is thin and the acting in hammy, but the movie was a lot of fun!
  32. May 29, 2012
    Some jokes work and some don't. Kangaroo Jack has hit or miss humor but the real star is that annoyingly interesting kangaroo. That kangaroo saved the movie with its performance.
  33. Aug 24, 2014
    What Kangaroo Jack is attempting to accomplish is far beyond me. Sure, O'Connell and Anderson have compatibility... but that certainly doesn't make them funny.
  34. Aug 2, 2012
    this is my favorite movie of all time. sure it is silly, and the premise is silly, but thats the point of the movie. i found it entertaining as a 9 year old, and now as an 18 year old. its a good fun movie.
  35. Oct 26, 2013
    My memory does fade from time to time, but I do remember being unable to apprehend the convoluted storyline and hammy acting and stereotyped subplots. And the artificial computerized Kangaroo Jack is shockingly painful to look at when at a movie theater. Jerry O'Connell was downhill from 'Stand By Me', and Anthony Anderson, I don't when he acts decent, not even in 'The Departed'. I giveMy memory does fade from time to time, but I do remember being unable to apprehend the convoluted storyline and hammy acting and stereotyped subplots. And the artificial computerized Kangaroo Jack is shockingly painful to look at when at a movie theater. Jerry O'Connell was downhill from 'Stand By Me', and Anthony Anderson, I don't when he acts decent, not even in 'The Departed'. I give it a four because I got a few laughs, a few. Otherwise, this would be a one from me. Expand
  36. Oct 1, 2014
    This movie is so un-Australian that it would make Crocodile Dundee and Steve Irwin renounce their citizenship and move to Fiji to evade any ridicule caused by that "movie".

Quick Ozzie joke aside, that movie is unbelievably stupid, pointless, and lacking ANY kind of sense. Want proof? The titular characters barely as ANY screen time. Instead, we follow the idiotic adventures of Dumb and Dumber wannabes Chris "ugly playboy" O'Donnell and Anthony "i'm just going to be the black sidekick for the rest of my uninspiring career" Anderson who team up with Estella "bombshell that has swapped her personality and talent for a big rack" Warren to get some money from some guy... I don't know... honestly, this movie is not worth mentioning. Well, maybe aside of the fact that it shows off Australia as a land where people cannot communicate in English and are still bearing the personality traits of the couple criminals that were shipped down under.

Oh, and Michael Shannon has clearly had time to prepare for his screen chewing performance as Zod. Oh yeah, he will find the inspiration.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 25 Critics

Straight from the fiery, churning bowels of high-concept hell comes Kangaroo Jack, Bruckheimer's idea of kid-friendly fare, and some of the longest 90 minutes ever committed to film.
    The 'roo doesn't talk, except in a dream sequence…I'm dying here.
  3. What better to do with such a quiet, majestic landscape than to liven it up with the noise and vulgarity of lowest-common-denominator American pop culture?