Kangaroo Jack

4.7

1. Meat
    Aug 25, 2003
    You have to realize what you're getting here... Its a kids movie and thats the deal. Not as bad as all the critics say and my son laughed a lot. Jerry O. was amusing and there were some funny spots. However, you could tear this to pieces if you'd like cuz there's a tons of dumb, wasted space. But, hey, its a kids movie and we'll leave it at that...
  2. PatrickD.
    Aug 23, 2005
    Good, but not great. Good enought not to be on the worst 200 movies. There are worse movies out there.
  3. 6A
    Aug 8, 2007
    Okay, I know it wasn't as good as lord of the rings but, It's a funny little movie to see with your kids.
  4. GregtheGreat
    Feb 28, 2003
    I thought it was okay. I mean it was kinda funny and wasn't really that bad. I would pick it up if I found it for cheap.
  5. PatC.
    Dec 12, 2003
    Hey, I thought it was cute. Crocodile Dundee meets Roger Rabbit, with a dash of Home Alone - it's a non-animated cartoon. As for all the negative criticism, it's true too. This movie is crap, but unique, clever and unpretentious crap. So give your brain the night off, grab some beer and pizza and indulge in some non-evaluatory cackles. This is common denominator Cable TV filler, Hey, I thought it was cute. Crocodile Dundee meets Roger Rabbit, with a dash of Home Alone - it's a non-animated cartoon. As for all the negative criticism, it's true too. This movie is crap, but unique, clever and unpretentious crap. So give your brain the night off, grab some beer and pizza and indulge in some non-evaluatory cackles. This is common denominator Cable TV filler, so don't expect it to go away. If you must have profundity and social commentary in your movies, consider this one a cautionary examination of Australian male machismo, a provocative commentary on our tolerance for modern mythology. Are we not filled with admiration and envy for rugged blokes who crawl out from down under barstools simply because they come from down under? Expand
  6. ShaheemE.
    Dec 13, 2008
    The story is thin and the acting in hammy, but the movie was a lot of fun!
  7. May 29, 2012
    Some jokes work and some don't. Kangaroo Jack has hit or miss humor but the real star is that annoyingly interesting kangaroo. That kangaroo saved the movie with its performance.
  8. Oct 26, 2013
    My memory does fade from time to time, but I do remember being unable to apprehend the convoluted storyline and hammy acting and stereotyped subplots. And the artificial computerized Kangaroo Jack is shockingly painful to look at when at a movie theater. Jerry O'Connell was downhill from 'Stand By Me', and Anthony Anderson, I don't when he acts decent, not even in 'The Departed'. I giveMy memory does fade from time to time, but I do remember being unable to apprehend the convoluted storyline and hammy acting and stereotyped subplots. And the artificial computerized Kangaroo Jack is shockingly painful to look at when at a movie theater. Jerry O'Connell was downhill from 'Stand By Me', and Anthony Anderson, I don't when he acts decent, not even in 'The Departed'. I give it a four because I got a few laughs, a few. Otherwise, this would be a one from me. Expand

Overwhelming dislike - based on 25 Critics

Straight from the fiery, churning bowels of high-concept hell comes Kangaroo Jack, Bruckheimer's idea of kid-friendly fare, and some of the longest 90 minutes ever committed to film.
    The 'roo doesn't talk, except in a dream sequence…I'm dying here.
  3. What better to do with such a quiet, majestic landscape than to liven it up with the noise and vulgarity of lowest-common-denominator American pop culture?