Warner Bros. Pictures | Release Date: January 17, 2003
4.8
Mixed or average reviews based on 68 Ratings
Watch Now
PatrickD.Aug 23, 2005
Good, but not great. Good enought not to be on the worst 200 movies. There are worse movies out there.
6AAug 8, 2007
Okay, I know it wasn't as good as lord of the rings but, It's a funny little movie to see with your kids.
KMMar 19, 2009
I'm not going to say anything about plot, but I liked this movie and it is also one of the first movies that introduced me to the comedic talent of Anthony Anderson.
DaveT.Mar 5, 2008
This is the single greatest stoner movie of all time. Just after it came out i was a major stoner, and me and my mate would watch this movie every weekend. We loved it. god bless you kangaroo jack, i might have kicked the habit, but the This is the single greatest stoner movie of all time. Just after it came out i was a major stoner, and me and my mate would watch this movie every weekend. We loved it. god bless you kangaroo jack, i might have kicked the habit, but the memories will last a life time. Expand
3 of 4 users found this helpful
ClarkWAug 10, 2008
I can't understand what is with all these critics. This movie, while a little over the top, is hilarious. It's a classic buddy-buddy action comedy. It's funny and fun and will appeal to both adult and child audiances.
LaurenSFeb 10, 2009
Even for a children's movie, it is an extreme flop. I was a kid when it came out, and i saw it with my parents, they were absolutely disgusted and i was too! We left the theater, and as a teen, i've had enough of the losers saying Even for a children's movie, it is an extreme flop. I was a kid when it came out, and i saw it with my parents, they were absolutely disgusted and i was too! We left the theater, and as a teen, i've had enough of the losers saying it's the greatest movie in the world. For me, everyone has an opinion, but please, seriously, don't watch it. It's such a redneck movie. Expand
EvanHJun 9, 2009
I watched this movie when I was about 8 years old and I wasn't remotely amused by this.
PevMasterApr 16, 2011
This is a SEVERELY underated film. The acting is great, the plot is pretty decent and the jokes are belly-achingly funny. I don't care what the god-damn critics say, WATCH THIS FILM or else you will regret it.
JackMApr 28, 2007
This is just Weekend at Burnie's with a kangaroo, mate.
KatherineJul 28, 2006
Terrible. Today all I am seeing is terrible movies. Hollywood is running out of ideas! What happend to those creative, great, original movies. It is also a bad influence on kids.
briannAug 14, 2007
anthony anderson should be forever banned from movies and take jerry o'connell with him. as a punishment, no film studio should be allowed to use the song 'down under' or make a movie set in australia ever again. also, they anthony anderson should be forever banned from movies and take jerry o'connell with him. as a punishment, no film studio should be allowed to use the song 'down under' or make a movie set in australia ever again. also, they should make a DVD sequel solely for the purposes of torturing that horrid rapping kangaroo. Expand
mattDec 17, 2007
The kangaroo talks? Huh. I didn't catch that because I was too busy sleeping through the whole movie.
ShaheemE.Dec 13, 2008
The story is thin and the acting in hammy, but the movie was a lot of fun!
ZilcellMay 29, 2012
Some jokes work and some don't. Kangaroo Jack has hit or miss humor but the real star is that annoyingly interesting kangaroo. That kangaroo saved the movie with its performance.
beingryanjudeAug 24, 2014
What Kangaroo Jack is attempting to accomplish is far beyond me. Sure, O'Connell and Anderson have compatibility... but that certainly doesn't make them funny.
wolfbangAug 2, 2012
this is my favorite movie of all time. sure it is silly, and the premise is silly, but thats the point of the movie. i found it entertaining as a 9 year old, and now as an 18 year old. its a good fun movie.
FranzHcriticOct 26, 2013
My memory does fade from time to time, but I do remember being unable to apprehend the convoluted storyline and hammy acting and stereotyped subplots. And the artificial computerized Kangaroo Jack is shockingly painful to look at when at aMy memory does fade from time to time, but I do remember being unable to apprehend the convoluted storyline and hammy acting and stereotyped subplots. And the artificial computerized Kangaroo Jack is shockingly painful to look at when at a movie theater. Jerry O'Connell was downhill from 'Stand By Me', and Anthony Anderson, I don't when he acts decent, not even in 'The Departed'. I give it a four because I got a few laughs, a few. Otherwise, this would be a one from me. Expand
FreedomFightersOct 31, 2016
I'm shocked that a 4 out of 10 is "mixed," because "Kangaroo Jack" is bad. Just your typical poorly written, unfunny, poorly-acted live-action CGI hybrid film that might not even be good enough for kids, considering the jokes told in theI'm shocked that a 4 out of 10 is "mixed," because "Kangaroo Jack" is bad. Just your typical poorly written, unfunny, poorly-acted live-action CGI hybrid film that might not even be good enough for kids, considering the jokes told in the movie. If you're having a "Bad Movie Night," "Kangaroo Jack" could be a little bit of fun (it's not a complete abomination to cinema), but otherwise, you're better exploring other options, regardless of whether or not you're a kid or an adult. Expand
bfoore90Sep 14, 2017
Just like "The Room", "Gigli" and "Battlefield Earth" this movie is a cult classic that should be ranked among the all time greats like The Godfather and Empire Strikes Back
RockMetalDudeOct 1, 2014
This movie is so un-Australian that it would make Crocodile Dundee and Steve Irwin renounce their citizenship and move to Fiji to evade any ridicule caused by that "movie".

Quick Ozzie joke aside, that movie is unbelievably stupid,

Quick Ozzie joke aside, that movie is unbelievably stupid, pointless, and lacking ANY kind of sense. Want proof? The titular characters barely as ANY screen time. Instead, we follow the idiotic adventures of Dumb and Dumber wannabes Chris "ugly playboy" O'Donnell and Anthony "i'm just going to be the black sidekick for the rest of my uninspiring career" Anderson who team up with Estella "bombshell that has swapped her personality and talent for a big rack" Warren to get some money from some guy... I don't know... honestly, this movie is not worth mentioning. Well, maybe aside of the fact that it shows off Australia as a land where people cannot communicate in English and are still bearing the personality traits of the couple criminals that were shipped down under.

Oh, and Michael Shannon has clearly had time to prepare for his screen chewing performance as Zod. Oh yeah, he will find the inspiration.
russiangamerFeb 12, 2017
Юмор прямиком из заднего прохода, тупые персонажи, шаблонные ситуации, сомнительного качества графика.
Плохая комедия, не смешная, не интересная. Не смотрите.
Плохая комедия, не смешная, не интересная. Не смотрите.