Kick-Ass 2

7.1

1. Aug 22, 2015
    "Kick Ass 2" is a watered-down version of its original film, as the quality of both the script and choreography seems to have stepped down a notch; but for some reason it still manages to be a enjoyable action-comedy film to watch.
  2. Sep 28, 2013
    I absolutely loved the first Kick-Ass, but this sequel fell so flat for me. The wonderful color grading, style, and edgy material are gone this time around, and replaced with bad pacing, a horrible script, and over the top acting. I'm not saying the first one had Academy award winning performances or anything like that, but it seemed so more cliche and superhero like this time around, andI absolutely loved the first Kick-Ass, but this sequel fell so flat for me. The wonderful color grading, style, and edgy material are gone this time around, and replaced with bad pacing, a horrible script, and over the top acting. I'm not saying the first one had Academy award winning performances or anything like that, but it seemed so more cliche and superhero like this time around, and I wasn't really feeling it. Jim Carry shines every time he is on the screen, and makes an amazing follow up to Nicolas Cages best performance in decades, but he probably only has 30 minutes of screen-time total. Which is a shame. And while I love Chloe Grace in almost everything she has been in, this was her weakest performance, partly due to the horrible sub plot with a bunch of air-head blonde cheerleaders. To be honest, I don't want to see this ever again. Expand
  3. Sep 17, 2013
    I was disappointed in this movie. Maybe I had it coming, I let down my guard and thought that this might be one of the rare instances a sequel does a film good. This film shouldn't be called Kick-Ass 2, it should be called Hit Girl. The entire movie revolves around her and maybe that's not such a bad thing.

I'll admit the movie was entertaining, but the first film was more than that. In a weird, satirical way, it was inspiring. This movie lacked that because the main theme was overacting and over-editing. It missed the genius realism that Kick Ass held and instead gave us characters that felt cartoonish, unrealistic, and overpowered. The scene that got to me most was that of Hit Girl fighting Mother Russia, it just reminded me over and over of Kung Fu Hustle, which was a great film, but it was BUILT to be funny violence. So watch it if you can get it on DVD, or free... But it's not worth paying for.
  4. Aug 20, 2013
    Kick Ass 2 is riddled with problems. The core of these problems is director Jeff Wadlow, who clearly does not know how to shoot an action sequence. All the action in this movie looks bad and is filmed with shaky cam, compared to the smooth originals of the first. Overall just an utter disappointment.
  5. Aug 19, 2013
    Jeff Wadlow decided to take a different approach than the first Kick-Ass, and he made a terrible mistake. The dialog in this movie an absolute disaster, plot is stupid, action & acting is alright. There are couple of funny joke, which isn't enough. Also unnecessary violance all over the place. So, it's a huge disappointment
  6. Aug 22, 2013
    Kick-Ass 2...Sucked Ass. Kick-Ass 2 has a whole new creative team from the first film! And you can tell...The film tries to emulate what made the first movie so good but fails in almost every aspect. I can't say that I down right hate the movie. Of course there many things about the movie that I liked but a lot more that I hated. The thing that bothered me the most was the whole "meanKick-Ass 2...Sucked Ass. Kick-Ass 2 has a whole new creative team from the first film! And you can tell...The film tries to emulate what made the first movie so good but fails in almost every aspect. I can't say that I down right hate the movie. Of course there many things about the movie that I liked but a lot more that I hated. The thing that bothered me the most was the whole "mean girls" story arch with Hit-Girl, it just didn't work and didn't fit in. It's almost like the creative team glanced at the first movie and said that was Kick-Ass. From what I saw they just don't understand what made the first movie so good. But I will be optimistic and hope that they boot Jeff Wadlow from the directors chair and get somebody who can actually make a movie for Kick-Ass 3. Jeff Wadlow is a hack-fraud... Expand
  7. Sep 28, 2013
    As a fan of the first Kick Ass movie I have to say I was a bit disappointed with Kick Ass 2. It seemed more of a "Teen Drama" then the real superhero movie the first one was. Instead of most of the movie being spent on action it's spent dealing with Hit Girl trying to fit into High School. Its just not the sequel I hoped for, and a huge let down for me.
  8. Aug 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie was pretty good, but it showed unnecessary violence. A Russian she-male lawnmows a guys head off. That's pretty violent. Lots of cussing. It's not that funny, either. Expand
  9. Aug 21, 2013
    No where near as original as the first. This movie suffered from not knowing what it wanted to be. A mindless fun action movie? Or a meaningful movie with a cast that people cared about. It failed at the latter.
    But in saying that I am not denying that I did enjoy seeing this movie. It was good as a mindless action movie.
  10. Jan 5, 2014
    La primera entrega de Kick-Ass fue muy entretenida, uno de esos proyectos que se quedan contigo y te sientes identificado por su alta gama de personajes cómicos y además es muy divertida. A todas esas personas que han sentido lo mismo que yo les digo: Ni se les ocurra ver esta segunda parte porque quedarán muy decepcionados. Está bien; lo grotesco, la violencia intensa, los personajesLa primera entrega de Kick-Ass fue muy entretenida, uno de esos proyectos que se quedan contigo y te sientes identificado por su alta gama de personajes cómicos y además es muy divertida. A todas esas personas que han sentido lo mismo que yo les digo: Ni se les ocurra ver esta segunda parte porque quedarán muy decepcionados. Está bien; lo grotesco, la violencia intensa, los personajes graciosos, los diálogos que daban risa, directamente, todo a la basura, ésta vez Kick-Ass no pudo justificar su contenido, estoy consiente que, ni siquiera Hit Girl podría salvar esta película de su atroz destino. Una decepción Expand
  11. Aug 17, 2013
    It is always painful and disappointing inside to see something potent and original dissolve away into the Hollywood formula. Clearly there is that pressure on Kick-Ass in the sequel. The question is, how has the ‘something more’ in the original fared? Something more than entertainment through the standard sugar high. Remember how touching was big daddy’s love for little kick girl when heIt is always painful and disappointing inside to see something potent and original dissolve away into the Hollywood formula. Clearly there is that pressure on Kick-Ass in the sequel. The question is, how has the ‘something more’ in the original fared? Something more than entertainment through the standard sugar high. Remember how touching was big daddy’s love for little kick girl when he would say “Child, your inventiveness is so wonderful.” Remember that hilarious beginning scene with the superhero we thought was our protagonist turning out to be just someone else who was mentally ill? The sequel is starting to dissolve around the edges. Gory fight scenes are less and less realistic and actually begin to get boring (except for kick girl’s!). What is doing well in the sequel is the comedic quality of the dialogue, the funny lines, and most of all the mystique of kick girl. What is it with her costume anyway? It is such a perfect vision. Kick girl is such a wonderful vision of a classic archetype. She represents anima in an early developmental but extremely potent state. Given this, it is no wonder she has propelled to such stardom especially with boys and even men. But even as a child, she is not FOR children. It is unfortunate in a way that her potency is rooted so entirely in violence. Theoretically it could have been based on many things. In it’s current incarnation it defines the Kick-Ass brand however, and isolates away this potency into an unrealistic basis which only Kick Girl can really own. Quite a brilliant form of ‘copyright’ actually. Expand
  12. Aug 18, 2013
    I loved the first one, it was way better than I ever would've imagined. This one however lived up to how crummy I thought the first one would be. I'm not much for reviews and long winded opinions so I'll simply say that it was a poorly written and uninspired movie that failed to carry any of the genuine humanity established in the first episode. Disappointing.
  13. Aug 16, 2013
    I looked up my review of the original and was more disappointed that I remembered. This sequel amplifies the serious side to the detriment of surprise and warped comedy. The titular character (nerdy cute and super cut Aaron Taylor-Johnson) is back as a human "superhero," who's in a moral dilemna with his purple-haired partner (Chloë Grace Moretz). Should they give up their vigilante crimeI looked up my review of the original and was more disappointed that I remembered. This sequel amplifies the serious side to the detriment of surprise and warped comedy. The titular character (nerdy cute and super cut Aaron Taylor-Johnson) is back as a human "superhero," who's in a moral dilemna with his purple-haired partner (Chloë Grace Moretz). Should they give up their vigilante crime fighting or amp it up? The drama takes even more prominence to the detriment of the action. There's almost none of the original's fun and the fights are flashy, but cruelly violent. This film isn't sure what it wants to be, so it's a leaden dud. NOTE: Stay thru the credits for one more bad gag. Expand
  14. Aug 16, 2013
    I really liked the first one. It was fresh and great seeing an R rated superhero film. But this time around it feels almost derivative. It's still fun watching everyone kick the crap out of each other, but the pacing and forced plot points take a lot away. Still enjoyable, just nowhere near as good as the first time around.
  15. Mar 20, 2016
    About midway through Kick-Ass 2, the sequel to 2010’s normal-guy-becomes-a-crime-fighter fantasy, a budding archrival corners the new girlfriend of his costumed nemesis. “You’re done banging superheroes, baby,” he sneers at the terrified teen. “It’s time to see what evil dick tastes like.” That line, pulled verbatim from Mark Millar’s Kick-Ass comic-book series, tells the uninitiatedAbout midway through Kick-Ass 2, the sequel to 2010’s normal-guy-becomes-a-crime-fighter fantasy, a budding archrival corners the new girlfriend of his costumed nemesis. “You’re done banging superheroes, baby,” he sneers at the terrified teen. “It’s time to see what evil dick tastes like.” That line, pulled verbatim from Mark Millar’s Kick-Ass comic-book series, tells the uninitiated everything they need to know about the franchise’s controversy-courting mastermind. A savvy huckster provocateur, blessed with Jerry Bruckheimer’s blockbuster instincts and Bret Easton Ellis’ gift for pissing people off, Millar has conquered the cape-and-cowl industry by putting "edgy," attention-grabbing spins on superhero mythos. This second adaptation of his flagship title pulls back a little on the showy repugnance of its source material; the unsavory scene described above, for example, ends with a performance-anxiety joke instead of a rape. Yet even with its edges sanded down, Kick-Ass 2 is unmistakably Millaresque—a juvenile comedy of excess, in which skewering adolescent power fantasies looks an awful lot like indulging in them.

As before, the diamond in the rough is Chloë Grace Moretz, reprising the role of foul-mouthed, adolescent vigilante Hit Girl. Determined to honor her father’s dying wishes, the orphaned avenger hangs up her mask and blades, turning to face the equally daunting obstacles of high-school. (Her rivalry with the mean girls culminates in a quintessentially Millar money shot.) Left to clean up the streets alone, the titular everyhero (Aaron Taylor-Johnson, bland as ever) falls in with a motley crew of fellow costumed civilians, led by a born-again bruiser (Jim Carrey, on movie-star duty in Nicolas Cage’s absence.) On the other end of the good-to-evil divide is Christopher Mintz-Plasse, still hurt about the way Kick-Ass blew his mobster father up with a bazooka. Slipping into black-leather bondage gear, he reinvents himself as the world’s first supervillain **** and begins assembling an army of thugs. The film can’t seem to decide if his character is a joke or a genuine threat, and that’s a pity because there are hints of actual menace in Mintz-Plasse’s volcanic hissy fits.

Like most second chapters in comic-book series, Kick-Ass 2 is better than its predecessor, though there was really no place to go but up. New writer-director Jeff Wadlow (Never Back Down) handles the jarring shifts from vulgar banter to Peter Parkerish hand-wringing to blood-spurting carnage no better than Matthew Vaughn did. The tonal schizophrenia extends to the film’s world, which is meant to be realistic—note the references to Twitter and viral videos, as well as a focus on the medical consequences of playing hero—but often feels as cartoonishly outsize as Joel Schumacher’s Gotham. Building to a deeply underwhelming battle royale, Kick-Ass 2 stumbles every once in a while, as if by accident, into a poignant moment. There’s something oddly endearing, for instance, about the scene in which every member of the amateur Justice League runs through his or her traumatic backstory. And then there’s Moretz, whose character is suddenly afflicted with the inconvenient emergence of hormonal desire. The actress once again makes the most of her part—though not even Hit Girl could overcome the awfulness of Millar-approved mouthfuls like “I’m gonna go Saudi Arabia on your ass.”
  16. Sep 1, 2013
    Every aspect of the film is a bit more extreme than you expect it to be, but that's exactly what it's going for. I simply don't think it's much better than the first film, which didn't particularly thrill me.
  17. Sep 10, 2013
    Kick Ass was a risque superhero movie that pushed boundaries and created controversy. Kick Ass 2 tones it down and by doing so loses some of the flair that made the original as great as it was. When Dave Lisewski (Aaron Taylor Johnson) returns to his alter ego Kick Ass, he joins a new league of heroes including Colonel Stars and Stripes (Jim Carrey) and Night (Liddy Booth). Meanwhile HitKick Ass was a risque superhero movie that pushed boundaries and created controversy. Kick Ass 2 tones it down and by doing so loses some of the flair that made the original as great as it was. When Dave Lisewski (Aaron Taylor Johnson) returns to his alter ego Kick Ass, he joins a new league of heroes including Colonel Stars and Stripes (Jim Carrey) and Night (Liddy Booth). Meanwhile Hit Girl (Chloe Grace Moretz) tries to fit in during high school while fighting her desire to suit back up. Kick Ass 2 is a very different monster with a similar filming approach to the first one but the characters are different, the writing isn't as sharp and Hit Girl isn't quite as impressive as she was 4 years ago. The new characters pale in comparison as Carrey's Stars and Stripes is more of a cameo than a supporting role and Night while amusing plays almost exactly the same role as Lyndsy Fonseca's from the first film (she does return for a blink and you will miss it cameo but its not the same). While not dire, Director Jeff Wadlow's idea of this world is Kick Ass Lite with toned down violence as to appear sanitized, insults that sound rude but cannot compare to the controversial and ballsy ones of the first. It's all half measures as to be safe enough to sell the film to a younger audience who probably shouldn't be seeing it. Ultimately its story is good and the film does take a few risks that really shock but its all a little late as the heart and soul of Kick Ass has been ripped out thanks to the directors odd decision. Expand
  18. Aug 26, 2013
    I was expecting more of a comedy (based on previews) and what I got was actually a really violent movie with a pretty weak story. Obviously they try to be "stupid" with the story as if it supposed to be part of the comedy act but it really isn't funny at all... I did laugh a few times but overall was weak. The characters are decent enough but the movie falls flat. I say pass until it'sI was expecting more of a comedy (based on previews) and what I got was actually a really violent movie with a pretty weak story. Obviously they try to be "stupid" with the story as if it supposed to be part of the comedy act but it really isn't funny at all... I did laugh a few times but overall was weak. The characters are decent enough but the movie falls flat. I say pass until it's done with theaters. Expand
  19. Mar 8, 2014
    It's not quite as good as the first, but it still offers us plenty of crude humor and violent action. The thing is they don't really combine the two elements together as well as its predecessor.
  20. Aug 31, 2013
    For a movie called kick ass, it is pretty average. The reason why it is average is because very large sections of the movie are taken up by trivial teenage/family/friend issues and it is kind of slow and boring. In addition, this kind of leads to a lack of action scenes and it does not necessarily help define the villains in the film either. What I liked about the movie were the scenesFor a movie called kick ass, it is pretty average. The reason why it is average is because very large sections of the movie are taken up by trivial teenage/family/friend issues and it is kind of slow and boring. In addition, this kind of leads to a lack of action scenes and it does not necessarily help define the villains in the film either. What I liked about the movie were the scenes involving the justice forever team and Jim Carrey added a lot to that as well. In conclusion, there are things to like about this movie, but there are too many unnecessary slow parts (no action) and it is why it is difficult to say that this movie is kick ass. Expand
  21. Sep 10, 2013
    While the violence that made the first movie so memorable is there, the charm is clearly lacking. Big Daddy is replaced with another engaging character, Colonel Stars and Stripes, who is underutilized. Hit-Girl is grown up and looks good. Kick-Ass himself has worked out and it shows. But the positives end here. The main villain is sort of funny but is not very compelling. The plot goesWhile the violence that made the first movie so memorable is there, the charm is clearly lacking. Big Daddy is replaced with another engaging character, Colonel Stars and Stripes, who is underutilized. Hit-Girl is grown up and looks good. Kick-Ass himself has worked out and it shows. But the positives end here. The main villain is sort of funny but is not very compelling. The plot goes nowhere. The fight scenes are good but not up to the level of the first movie. The movie lacked direction. There was no overarching story that bound all the pieces together. It was a mess. Expand
  22. Jul 1, 2014
    I absolutely loved the original Kick-Ass. It was witty, brutal, humorous, and the best movies of that year. When I heard Kick-Ass 2 was going to be released, I was jumping with joy, and my expectations were high. Unfortunately, they were far from met. The second movie was filled to the brim with annoying crude humour, awful dialogue, mediocre action scenes, and cliche scenarios. Now II absolutely loved the original Kick-Ass. It was witty, brutal, humorous, and the best movies of that year. When I heard Kick-Ass 2 was going to be released, I was jumping with joy, and my expectations were high. Unfortunately, they were far from met. The second movie was filled to the brim with annoying crude humour, awful dialogue, mediocre action scenes, and cliche scenarios. Now I admit I was somewhat entertained throughout the movie, and as far as mindless action movies go, this is far from the worst. Just don't expect anything better than a mindless action movie, and certainly don't expect a movie even close to it's brilliant predecessor. Expand
  23. Sep 22, 2013
    Despite some brutal action scenes, this film is generally barren of the ironic twists that made the first film successful, and relies on more gag humor this time around, and a rehashed script that's been pulled off more effectively in the past.
  24. Sep 5, 2013
    The first film is far superior to this one. On this one they dropped the ball big time.
    Poorly plotted and written. Far too many lengthy speeches from heroes declaring their ideals about being heroes. Sounded like a hero recruitment ad. It very loosely follows the graphic novel, but shifts to a completely different ending.
    Also the humor was the typical teen aged brain dead sort which
    Also the humor was the typical teen aged brain dead sort which you can see coming a mile away.
    Stick to the first film which was of high cult status.
  25. Sep 1, 2013
    The sequel was never going to be as good as the original, but I didn't expected to be this flimsy and quite frankly embarrassing at times. Far too many inspirational speeches etc. and not enough genuinely cool moments, the kind that covered Kick-Ass 1 like a very welcome rash. A poor return to the series that has its moments, more bad than good, unfortunately.
  26. Sep 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Awash in a summer of sequels and comic book movies comes Kick-Ass 2, sequel to the well received cult classic of three years ago. But where Man of Steel or The Wolverine take themselves seriously Kick-Ass offers something of a deconstruction of the superhero genre, whilst fulfilling every comic book fan's fantasy of donning a costume and taking to the streets.

The vast majority of the cast return, Aaron Taylor-Johnson topping the bill as Kick-Ass himself, though looking a little too old to play a high school senior. Though he ostensibly holds the title role, Kick-Ass takes a back seat to the continuing development of breakout character Hit Girl (Chloë Grace Moretz), who after vowing to hang up the cape after her father's death, must now become plain old Mindy MacReady and deal with the trials and tribulations of puberty and fitting in at high school.

Christopher Mintz-Plasse, returns as Chris D'Amico, who is pushed over the edge fairly quickly, first by the death of his mother, who meets her demise in a manner more befitting a Final Destination film than a supposedly light-hearted superhero flick. But that's not really what Kick-Ass is. It's lewd, crude, and graphically violent, and the worst is still ahead. There's something disturbing about a teenager dressing up in his deceased mother's bondage gear, especially considering the moniker he swiftly adopts. It's all played for laughs, of course, but perhaps it highlights just how unhinged and lost the character has become.

The next ultimatum is delivered by D'Amico's Uncle Ralph, who has become the new head of the crime family. Still in prison, he steals his only scene with all the ruthlessness of The Sopranos' Richie Aprile. In retaliation, D'Amico ups his game, using his financial status to hire a motley crew of mercenaries: MMA fighters, Triads, and ex-KGB. D'Amico gives new monikers to his villainous team: a series of racist stereotypes which he defends as "archetypes".

The protagonists are likable, and you are concerned for their survival, but the butchering of otherwise despicable goons is grim enough to stay the unconditional rooting for the good guys. The brutal massacre of ten New York police officers by a six foot Russian cannibal was particularly unpleasant. I'm not sure anyone in the cinema was laughing along with the comically fast paced Russian national anthem that played throughout. This is not an abject condemnation of violence in film. Tarantino's great, it's easy to sit through Django Unchained or Pulp Fiction, and many a plot has been moved forward when the death of a character ups the ante. There was just something about this film's attitude that did not resonate.

This is all true to the source material, and the comics go much further in the sadistic displays committed by some characters. The comic is sold on the back of sickening violence and crude language, and that's just the way the fans like it. They've even complained that the original story's integrity has been diminished by these omissions.

The narrative is split between the three leads, and Kick-Ass, looking to get back on the streets, joins a league of superheroes calling themselves "Justice Forever". They are led by Colonel Stars & Stripes, in a fantastic turn by Jim Carrey. Unfortunately, the film suffers from a character dump at this point in the form of the bland members of "Justice Forever", all of whom are utterly eclipsed by Carrey.

Hit Girl spends most of her arc locked in a generic high school movie. Treading the water at a saccharine slumber party, popular queen Brooke at first takes Mindy under her wing; exposing her to the heady delights of British pop music. The tide swiftly turns when a nervous Mindy uses her Hit Girl skills to unintentionally upstage Brooke at a dance try out, resulting in a disproportionate retribution of soul destroying (for a teenage girl) proportions. Brooke is treated to a crude comeuppance that seems weirdly out of place. Yet this high school coming of age story, whilst reasonably well crafted on its own, seems like small potatoes compared to the extremity of the other challenges faced, and is diminished as a result.

I'm not a huge follower of comic books in general, but I enjoy the aesthetic, and in this, Kick-Ass holds true, with its bright colours, fast paced action, and satisfyingly euphoric soundtrack. Scene changes are greeted with comic book style panel inserts ("Later that day…") and a scene involving a Chinese prostitution ring is cleverly subtitled using speech bubbles.

Perhaps I misunderstand the appeal of Kick-Ass. Maybe I do, and it's just not for me. The original, violent and thoroughly enjoyable film stirred none of these sentiments. You can't expect two films called Kill Bill to end without someone called Bill biting the bullet, and you can't expect to watch a film called Kick-Ass (or even Kick-Ass 2) without some asses getting kicked.
  27. Oct 10, 2013
    I'm so torn about this. I loved the first one. But Kick Ass 2 wasn't as good as its predecessor. What annoyed me so much about Kick Ass 2 was the incredibly blatant and cringey product placement of that annoying Union J boy band. Ugh!
  28. Dec 2, 2013
    This film is decent and entertaining. The main flaw is the message that these characters are real heroes and not in a comic book and yet the action, dialogue and characters seem right out of a cartoon.
  29. Dec 12, 2013
    Kicks nearly as much ass as it's predecessor, but isn't quite as original. What makes it worth the watch is what made the first one good, great fight scenes and dark humor.
  30. Jan 21, 2014
    This movie, while certainly not bad, is nowhere near as good as the comic or the original.
    Very samey feeling aesthetic and cinematography. But hey, **** it; Jim Carrey is in it, so what the hell
  31. Jun 17, 2014
    A light-hearted comedic romp into the pseudo-super-hero genre that quickly descends into torture-porn at an alarming rate. Anybody who is this desensitised to violence to find this funny should take a serious look at their life and make changes.
  32. chw
    Jul 17, 2014
    Kick-Ass 2 was an alright film, although it was so incredibly bizarre for a superhero film. I'd say it was just a parody, if there wasn't a comic it was based on.
  33. Jun 24, 2014
    Not as good as the first one but still a bit entertaining. Some good action and violent scenes, but not nearly as many as in the first movie. Could have been way funnier than it was. It had Jim Carrey in it who is really funny so they could have added many more jokes and it would have made the movie great.
  34. Jan 12, 2015
    Summary: Kick-Ass 2 is not as genuine as its predecessor, but it's still entertaining, violent and funny. 61/100 [C+]

Kick-Ass 2 is a comedy/action film directed by Jeff Wadlow. It was one of my most anticipated films of 2013. I'm a huge fan of the first one. This sequel is not as epic as its predecessor but I enjoyed it for the most part, it was entertaining and hilarious. The laughs are constant and the action sequences are thrilling enough. It delivers a satisfying balance between black humor and action. The cast is good as always, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Chloe Grace-Moretz and Christopher Mintz-Plasse did an amazing job. Olga Kurkulina was awesome too, she's an Israeli actress and her character "Mother Russia" is one of my favorites. It also boasts an impressive ending, wide open for a sequel.

Jim Carrey was outstanding too, his performance was quite enjoyable, although it would have been awesome if he were a main character in the film. On the downside, it has way too much CGI on its action sequences, some effects are kinda laughable and crappy; also, there's a huge lack of the cast of the first installment. So, in conclusion Kick-Ass 2 is not as good as its predecessor but it's still entertaining, bloody and the new characters are likable. It is a decent sequel, but it could be so much better. I recommend it if you liked the tone of the first film, this second one delivers more large amounts of black humor, violence and profanity. It's just a pop corn flick, do not expect a masterpiece. [C+]
  35. Aug 7, 2015
    Kick-Ass 2 es decepcionante, aburrida y un mal chiste. Todo el humor negro, todo lo bizarro, todo lo violento y todos los personajes son arruinados en esta segunda parte, se siente como si fueran 2 películas en una, primero esta Kick-Ass (una trama aburrida y absurda) y después esta Hit Girl (intenta ser una chica normal, y las situaciones son ridículas) las escenas de acción son masKick-Ass 2 es decepcionante, aburrida y un mal chiste. Todo el humor negro, todo lo bizarro, todo lo violento y todos los personajes son arruinados en esta segunda parte, se siente como si fueran 2 películas en una, primero esta Kick-Ass (una trama aburrida y absurda) y después esta Hit Girl (intenta ser una chica normal, y las situaciones son ridículas) las escenas de acción son mas violentas pero la coreografía y la edición son un desastre. Kick Ass 2 me decepciono, tiene uno que otro momento interesante (Como la escena del coche) pero solo eso, una película que prometía mucho y solo nos dejo decepción y mal sabor de boca. Expand
  36. Nov 13, 2014
    "Kick-Ass 2" 10 Scale Rating: 4.0 (Bad) ...

The Good: The general idea is still there and that's a good thing. Chloe Grace Moretz once again stole the show while donning her Hit Girl gear. Jim Carey was awesome with the little screen time he had. The Bad: Not even close to the standard that the original film set. Gravity-defying violence in a film dedicated to super-hero "realism"
    "Kick-Ass 2" 10 Scale Rating: 4.0 (Bad) ...

The Bad: Not even close to the standard that the original film set. Gravity-defying violence in a film dedicated to super-hero "realism" leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Hit Girl and Jim Carey's Stars and Stripes both have precious little actual screen time. The first film mixed violence and humor well, but this one crams the violence down your throat ... albeit in Wyle E. Coyote fashion. Just a misguided and poorly directed mess.
  37. Feb 10, 2015
    I have mixed feelings about "Kick-Ass 2". The film doesn't hold up as well as its predecessor, for example. The action is OK I guess, but the plot is just really weird. Maybe the story isn't the problem: the execution is. The humor is again, really weird: you don't know whether to laugh or look away in disgrace. The cast is pretty fine, but some of the many, many new characters are justI have mixed feelings about "Kick-Ass 2". The film doesn't hold up as well as its predecessor, for example. The action is OK I guess, but the plot is just really weird. Maybe the story isn't the problem: the execution is. The humor is again, really weird: you don't know whether to laugh or look away in disgrace. The cast is pretty fine, but some of the many, many new characters are just unnecessary and/or boring. Or stupider. "Kick-Ass 2" is not the kind of movie you hate, more like the movie you just don't watch. Expand
  38. Feb 22, 2016
    Ok.. because the first Kick-Ass was great enough, we didn't need a sequel to this. It's just a rehash from the first movie blending in camouflage so you wouldn't even notice it every single second.

1. Reviewed by: Ali Arikan
    Aug 16, 2013
    One of the year's worst films.
  2. Reviewed by: Richard Roeper
    Aug 15, 2013
    Kick-Ass 2 is an uninspired retread. All too often it plays like a Comic-Con gone insane, with costumed do-gooders taking on costumed criminals in gratuitously vicious battles.
  3. Reviewed by: Chris Nashawaty
    Aug 15, 2013
    Moretz, who is 16 now, can't manufacture the same that's-so-wrong jolt she managed the first time around. Back then, it was hilariously taboo to see a little girl spout arias of profanity. Now, she's just another teenager swearing. Like the rest of the film, what was once shocking now just elicits a shrug.