7.2

1. LTR
    Aug 16, 2013
    This movie is AMAZING!The story is great,the characters are funny and in some points very serious.If you want to have a movie that has ll in one package,watch this movie.
  2. Aug 16, 2013
    This movie was spectacular. I had adrenaline pumping through me from the fights. The story itself was great too, this is without a doubt one of the best movies I have every seen. Its way better than its predecessor.
  3. Aug 16, 2013
    If you enjoyed the first film then don't hesitate to see this one. It is filled with the same profanity and hyper violence as the original. The humor is still there even if it's even darker than the original and there are a few scenes that can be seen to be in bad taste if you take the movie too seriously. Overall it's a worthy sequel that has fantastic performances from the majority of actors with Jim Carrey and Christopher Mintz-Plasse standing out in particular. If you liked the first film then there is no reason why you wouldn't enjoy this one to so give it a try! Expand
  4. Aug 16, 2013
    Guys, this is one of those movies with which you have to see it yourself to see why the critics are just being stupid. It happened with man of steel earlier in the year. The user scores where far better than the critic scores. This is because we seem to know more what to look for in a movie these days. My faith in critics has died. I only ever judge a movie after I see it for myself. And kick ass 2 is fantastic. Of course, it was never quite gunna be the movie the original kick ass was, but it left me with the same grin on my face and uplifted feeling in my gut. Go see this movie. It is better than you think. I guarantee it. Expand
  5. Aug 16, 2013
    I looked up my review of the original and was more disappointed that I remembered. This sequel amplifies the serious side to the detriment of surprise and warped comedy. The titular character (nerdy cute and super cut Aaron Taylor-Johnson) is back as a human "superhero," who's in a moral dilemna with his purple-haired partner (Chloë Grace Moretz). Should they give up their vigilante crime fighting or amp it up? The drama takes even more prominence to the detriment of the action. There's almost none of the original's fun and the fights are flashy, but cruelly violent. This film isn't sure what it wants to be, so it's a leaden dud. NOTE: Stay thru the credits for one more bad gag. Expand
  6. Aug 16, 2013
    Kick-ass 2 is it good? yes it absolutely is one of the movies that i have been waiting for since the beginning of 2013 and if you are a fan of kick-ass 1 then you are going to enjoy this movie. The movie still keeps the cursing and bloody gore from the first one which is great and the story is equal level to being good as kick ass 1, i saw some earlier reviews from critics and i just didn't read them because i know they were wrong and i was correct the movie is great and if you are not planning to see it this summer then you are missing out. anyway do not listen to what the critics are saying my faith and trust in critics died when the hobbit got a low meta score rate and so did man of steel so 42 meta score at the moment is not right it does not deserve that in my opinion it deserves at least 61 meta score in all honesty and i would give it 9/10 i am taking off the 1 more point to make it 10/10 because i didn't like how they changed it from the novel but that is just me the movie was great and if you haven't seen it i advise paying your £7.50 and going to see a movie of the summer that is not one to miss, do not listen to what the critics are saying. so my final point if you like action and superheroes and blood and more action and a kick ass story then kick ass 2 is the movie for you. Expand
  7. Aug 16, 2013
    his film is a have to see. The critics are being utter retards. Watch it and decide for yourself. It definitely recaptures the feel of the first film and just is the perfect sequel.
  8. Aug 17, 2013
    Probably the year's second worst film other than GI Joe. The movie is filled with a stupid plot and even stupider dialogue, with every line trying to be a cheesy one liner. Cliche action scenes that are thrown in for no reason whatsoever make this a great movie for geeks with low attention spans. Obviously the audience will like this movie, as the audience never has any idea what the hell they are talking about. They want a movie that has no regard for realism, a movie where they can shut there brains off and zone out like a drunk 5 year old, and don't care about any sort of consistency. Bottom line, do yourself a favor and do not see this movie, and if you do see it, don't even trick yourself into liking it. You risk insulting your intelligence. Expand
  9. Aug 16, 2013
    I honestly have no idea what the critics are talking about. This movie was my favorite film of the year. I will never trust a critic again. All through the movie I was laughing and enjoying it. Aside from a few forced scenes, it was flawless and I liked it just as much as the first one. If you liked the first movie, SEE THIS. It was on par with the first if not better. SEE IT!
  10. Aug 16, 2013
    "this is one of those movies with which you have to see it yourself to see why the critics are just being stupid."-adrenilinmatt

an he have all the reason of the world, this movie is the best movie of heroes but no the best of "super heroes" because here don't exist :D
  11. Aug 16, 2013
    Overall, Kick-Ass 2 is a “good” but not “great” followup to Vaughn’s surprisingly smart, stylish and witty original. The sequel will be more enjoyable for those fans wanting to revisit the world and characters for another romp through a twisted version of the DC and Marvel comic book universes but beyond that, all you’re getting is a standard action film with a B-movie feel. If it wasn’t Kick-Ass or Hit-Girl headlining, there would likely be little excitement and even less payoff from the Kick-Ass 2 experience. Expand
  12. Aug 16, 2013
    Don't listen to the critics! The movie is very entertaining and all around just AWESOME! It had the whole theater laughing and every character is great in the story...... Oh and the fight scenes. THEY ARE KICK ASS
  13. Aug 20, 2013
    Worst, non-superhero EVER!!! Movie about annoying teenagers doing bad,bad tricks, and trying to act like adults, the girls is pretty hot tought (I´m 15 lol), still it´s dreadful movie
  14. Aug 16, 2013
    Kick-Ass 2 was definitely a film for the fans, if you aren't familiar with the Kick-Ass series then this movie wouldn't be for you. Having said that I am a fan of the comics and this movie was awesome. The fight scenes were crazy and Hit-Girl always runs the show. I hate that the critic scores are low but I honestly kind of figured they would be and I see why they made it so low, to a film's core this film wouldn't be looked at as a masterpiece, and they couldn't exactly retain the same shock factor the first one had because Hit-Girl was only 11 or 12 years old in it. But all things aside this was a pretty entertaining film and I think most people would really enjoy it. Expand
  15. Aug 19, 2013
    Jeff Wadlow decided to take a different approach than the first Kick-Ass, and he made a terrible mistake. The dialog in this movie an absolute disaster, plot is stupid, action & acting is alright. There are couple of funny joke, which isn't enough. Also unnecessary violance all over the place. So, it's a huge disappointment
  16. Aug 17, 2013
    Kick Ass 2 is wonderful, the characters are fun and even the villains are fun The story is beautiful and very edible, and the battles are very fabulous and enjoy more than 100% and the final battle 100% recommended
  17. Aug 16, 2013
    I enjoyed this movie, but I was also disappointed in it. It was good, acting was great, effects good, story okay, but it just didn't meet the magic of the first one. Where the first one was a completely unexpected anti-hero story, this actually turned out to be mostly cliche and lacking in originality. It felt like what the first Kick Ass would have been had a producer gotten hold of the script before it went to production. Unfortunately, I think that is what happened here.

An enjoyable movie and one worth seeing in the theater, but nowhere near as good as the original.
  18. Aug 17, 2013
    A darker, more serious story than that of the original but that is definately a good thing. While still retaining the comedic writing within the characters like the original, this film has brutal action scenes and shows a more mature kick-ass and hit girl. The acting is fantastic all around, even Jim Carrey actually acts in a unique role from anything he has done before! This movie is a work of art and after seeing reviews before I saw it at the premier showing, I was worried. Definately see this movie, it is a perfect follow up to the first one! Expand
  19. Aug 20, 2013
    Kick Ass 2 is riddled with problems. The core of these problems is director Jeff Wadlow, who clearly does not know how to shoot an action sequence. All the action in this movie looks bad and is filmed with shaky cam, compared to the smooth originals of the first. Overall just an utter disappointment.
  20. Aug 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. (This review has very minor spoilers, and will notify you when such moments occur.) Please, do NOT listen to these snobby condescending critics, thinking they're hot s**t for ripping apart a fim that others loved. I know it's their opinions, but Jesus are they over criticising aspects of the movie. And don't say "they're criticising the film because they're critics." I'm not talking about in general, I'm talking about aspects. Some critics say that "You should do ANYTHING apart from seeing this film." Are you kidding me? I can see why some people might not like this film, but why the f**k would doing a puzzle beat watching this film? Are you seriously that brain dead? Anyway, onto what was good in this film. Every character worked superbly in Kick Ass 2. The big name actors Jim Carrey, Christopher Mintz Plasse, Aaron Taylor- Johnson and Chloë Grace Moretz.) do an AMAZING job playing their characters, the score is as awesome as it was with the first one, the action is thrilling, and all scenes stand out as a significant, and memorable moment. Some things that have changed, are such as: the much more hilarious sections, the graphic and somewhat disturbing take on it's comic book counter part and the range of superheroes. (SPOILER WARNING AHEAD) Some things that I didn't like, were the: faceless emotions when a character was killed off, and the sad excuse of relationship endings, just so Dave could have dirty (maybe unprotected) sex with night Probably my biggest hatred with the film was the climax with Mindy's conflict between the popular high school girls. This scene was very stupid, but it only lasted a few seconds, but man was it just flat out STUPID.
    (SPOILER WARNING OVER). All in all, if you liked the first one, see this film, if you like superheroes, see this film, if you like the kill count high, and the blood levels even higher, see this film. Thanks for reading, and I hope this has helped you make your mind up.
  21. Aug 17, 2013
    Ok, it's not Shakespeare. But who are we kidding? Did you see the first one? Did you like it? If yes, watch this movie, you'll like it too. No? Then don't watch it, because it has pretty much the same vibe as the first. If you liked the first and not this one, I'd be fairly surprised.
  22. Aug 17, 2013
    Kick-Ass 2, even though not as good as the original was still a thoroughly enjoyable experience. I was worried that perhaps without Mathew Vaughn in the directing chair it wouldn't feel like a Kick-Ass movie. I'm glad to say I was wrong, Jeff Waldow did a very good job in creating this highly anticipated sequel. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the delicate side to Hit-Girl and her going through the vulnerable side at being a teenager. Moretz gives another fantastic performance, in this series just as she gives a great performance in all her movies. Aaron Taylor-Johnson slips back into his role easily as does Christopher Mintz-Plasse who is hilarious in this film as well. Carrey is almost unrecognizable in this production which is good because I feel he was no longer playing yet another version of himself as he has been doing lately but I real character who you actually feel for. All in all this was a great follow up to Kick-Ass, I wouldn't mind if they made enough, but then I'd be satisfied with this ending. Expand
  23. Aug 17, 2013
    It is always painful and disappointing inside to see something potent and original dissolve away into the Hollywood formula. Clearly there is that pressure on Kick-Ass in the sequel. The question is, how has the ‘something more’ in the original fared? Something more than entertainment through the standard sugar high. Remember how touching was big daddy’s love for little kick girl when he would say “Child, your inventiveness is so wonderful.” Remember that hilarious beginning scene with the superhero we thought was our protagonist turning out to be just someone else who was mentally ill? The sequel is starting to dissolve around the edges. Gory fight scenes are less and less realistic and actually begin to get boring (except for kick girl’s!). What is doing well in the sequel is the comedic quality of the dialogue, the funny lines, and most of all the mystique of kick girl. What is it with her costume anyway? It is such a perfect vision. Kick girl is such a wonderful vision of a classic archetype. She represents anima in an early developmental but extremely potent state. Given this, it is no wonder she has propelled to such stardom especially with boys and even men. But even as a child, she is not FOR children. It is unfortunate in a way that her potency is rooted so entirely in violence. Theoretically it could have been based on many things. In it’s current incarnation it defines the Kick-Ass brand however, and isolates away this potency into an unrealistic basis which only Kick Girl can really own. Quite a brilliant form of ‘copyright’ actually. Expand
  24. Aug 17, 2013
    For anyone who loved the first one, this a great follow up, filled with action, suspense, and drama. Kick ass is kicks even more ass than the first one, and even has friends to help out. This movie is amazing, the finale was incredible. It was the most fun I've has at a movie in quite some time. FULL PRICE!
  25. Aug 18, 2013
    Do you think it's funny if a guy is a silly costume who is about to start a gang rape of a woman can't get his dick hard, so they just beat the living out of her instead? Then you might enjoy this movie. The director doesn't have what it takes to put the violence into proper context or to deliver it with a point. No, this is like a 13-year-old who has just discovered swear words and is now telling people on Xbox Live how he will rape them for headshotting him in Call of Duty. Expand
  26. Aug 17, 2013
    This is a movie where I truly disagree with the critics. This movies is fun and exciting, it's not great but it's still a fun movie. Overall, it you're a fan of the first Kick-A** movie, then for sure you'll love this one. Be sure to check out my YouTube channel "TheMovieManLife" for all things movies.
  27. Aug 18, 2013
    Most movie goers are leery of sequels, and with good reason. Hollywood tries to take the easy route when a movie becomes a hit especially these comic book hero types, and while it attempts to recreate the freshness and wit of the original, Kick Ass 2 just doesn't get it done.
    The film's strong suit is Chloe Moretz, the adorable actress who plays Mindy McCready aka Hit Girl.
    There are a few scenes of more normal teen age behavior where she can pull at your heart strings, especially at the hands of a particulary vicious popular girl.
    I predict good things for Moretz in the future. The rest however is a mixed bag that has a very irritating super villain who calls himself which is more pointless than offensive. His lisp, whether intentional or not is very annoying.
    Jim Carrey has a relatively small role as a former mob hit man who finds Jesus and trains the good guy bunch led by Kick Ass. Even his presence is downplayed, and he doesn't have a huge role.
    While I didn't miss the message of superheroes being just regular brave folk doing what's right, Kick Ass falls on its ass due to cliche after cliche and gratuitous violence meant to give it an edge, but in this case is used to try to give the film some extra oomph if you will. Sorry. This is another clunker in a summer season full of unusually disappointing movies.
  28. Aug 16, 2013
    the night before i went to see kickass 2 I was seriously getting concerned looking at the reviews being so low, so naturally i walked in a little sceptical. walking out though i realised critic reviews aren't as reliable as they may seem...

I'll start with what's good. The humour in the first was one of the best bits, and I really never expected it to get better, but if there's ones
    thing kickass 2 excels at, its making you laugh. Christopher Mintz-Plasse especially is brilliant throughout, I don't think a scene went by with him that wasn't complete gold.
    Mindy's going through high school I initially didn't like the idea of after seeing the trailers, but you'll be surprised how well it works. It doesn't deteriorate into a crappy high school teen drama, and you still get your fair share of hit girl being a complete badass whilst getting some really good character development that she lacked in the first.
    the fight scenes are mostly good (MOSTLY) and they don't make the mistake of over choreographing to the point it feels like its trying to be an actual super hero film (AGAIN, MOSTLY).
    Aaron once again gives a good performance as kickass, and the edition of Jim Carey (although i'm still a little surprised at his change of support) was a much welcomed replacement for big daddy.

Now for the bad. The biggest problem i had with this sequel that just wouldn't stop bugging me was it walked the line of parody and actual super hero movie. there's times it just takes itself WAY too seriously, to the point where I thought I might as well be watching spider man, and it takes away a lot of the charm of the original kickass.
    i mentioned the fight scenes were mostly good. MOSTLY. There's been some shaky camera use added to fight scenes that only makes it look like cloverfield, and there's also this one particular scene from the trailer where Mindy is fighting on top of a van. This is that one particular scene that definitely went too far with the choreography that just failed to work.
    finally, although a minor point, i felt like kickass 2 had too many characters. you get completely flooded with heroes to the point hey become generic, when they could have just used the colonel, night battle guy and doctor gravity as supporting cast, with the rest turning up for the final fight. in contrast the only really memorable supporting villian is mother Russia, so whilst the main cast is great, supporting cast wasn't well executed.

overall though, i liked kickass 2. It lost some of its charm along the way, and occasionally borders a typical hero movie, but it compensates with exceptional humour, fight scenes and a decent story to boot. I'd definitely hope to see a sequel, and that, despite the critic reviews, the fan support will allow it to be made.
  29. Aug 22, 2013
    Kick-Ass 2...Sucked Ass. Kick-Ass 2 has a whole new creative team from the first film! And you can tell...The film tries to emulate what made the first movie so good but fails in almost every aspect. I can't say that I down right hate the movie. Of course there many things about the movie that I liked but a lot more that I hated. The thing that bothered me the most was the whole "mean girls" story arch with Hit-Girl, it just didn't work and didn't fit in. It's almost like the creative team glanced at the first movie and said that was Kick-Ass. From what I saw they just don't understand what made the first movie so good. But I will be optimistic and hope that they boot Jeff Wadlow from the directors chair and get somebody who can actually make a movie for Kick-Ass 3. Jeff Wadlow is a hack-fraud... Expand
  30. Aug 18, 2013
    I loved the first one, it was way better than I ever would've imagined. This one however lived up to how crummy I thought the first one would be. I'm not much for reviews and long winded opinions so I'll simply say that it was a poorly written and uninspired movie that failed to carry any of the genuine humanity established in the first episode. Disappointing.
  31. Aug 18, 2013
    It's a waste of time for making this sequel way too far. Kick-Ass only deserves a good superhero movie with the good purpose is that the protagonist must face his issues of being a superhero. In this bad purpose of Kick-Ass 2, the protagonist is coming back as a bad superhero with bad attitude, no heart, still fighting with bad guys, acting a like sick jerk, cheating with your true love, and being selfish. It must be so hard that the creators didn't know how they didn't make a strong point of what purpose did Kick-Ass ended. Do they forgotten? Expand
  32. Aug 17, 2013
    I love the first Kick Ass, and even though this sequel wasn't as good, Kick Ass 2 was still a very entertaining movie. I would say the biggest downfall was that the director completely missed the heart of the original. However, the action was great, and the humor just as good. I really liked all the new characters in this film, because each was unique and brought a different perspective on vigilante super heroism. Of course, Hit Girl was the best part, but I would disagree with many that she was the only good part. If you are a fan of the first, I guarantee that you'll like this one. Expand
  33. Aug 17, 2013
    Do not listen to critics! Competitors studios are clearly paying critics to attack the Kick-Ass franchise.
    Do not make the mistake of not watching Kick-Ass 2 in theaters like you did for the first one. Kick-Ass became a financial success thanks to word of mouth when released on DVD/Blu-Ray because few people worldwide went watching it in theaters.
    Kick-Ass 2 is an almost excellent movie.
    Compared to the first one it has some little issues BUT it still is a 8/10 movie at least where the first one was a 9/10 or more. So I am voting 9/10 here for good reasons to support it as much as possible despite the glitches.
    Critics are getting paid to make you believe that the movie is bad in the 3/10 league. DO NOT TRUST THE CRITICS They are liars!
    Kick-Ass 2 is worth watching in theaters just like the first movie was. Go and watch it! Support the franchise to make the 3rd and last movie happen with no budget cuts!
  34. Aug 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. KICK ASS 2 Review. (spoilers) by megafish
    “try to have fun otherwise what’s the point. wise word that fit with this movie,
    Im rating each character
    Music reused from previous movie but some new songs like I hate myself for lovin you! ,when the saints go marching,
    Characters :same actors but have gotten older so they feel different but I still like them ,
    Team Justice forever:
    Kick ass felt like he was saying lines directly from the comic, HE IS RIPPED!! ***
    Jim carry great character deranged yeah there’s a dog on your balls! “try to have fun otherwise what’s the point.”****
    Eisenhower the dog on your balls. I honestly wouldn’t have minded if they had of killed the dog but maybe it would have changed everything, I love when mofo says “im not that evil!” when some one asks him if he wants to kill the dog. !!***
    Hit girl very important and more deeper still great acting I saw worried about her character being a victim but it was cool I love how they had the moter bike scene from the prequel comic of hit girl when she and Marcus race each other to the house !!*****
    Insect man no mask open homosexual reminded me of the blue power ranger because he was ridiculed for being gay but insect man gets acceptance ***
    Action guy he was a nice edition and played out the same as in the comic ****
    Night I like how she had a fling with kick ass and that made more sense for mofo to kill her she looks better in the movie, *****
    Other:
    Katie protected from being attacked. But instantly breaks up with dave because of hitgirl ,**
    Marcus was interesting considering mindy’s mother was dead in the movie. ***
    Daves dad also exactly taken from the comic
    Villains: toxic mega *****
    Mother**er great new costume some funny lines way darker occasional voice change that reminds me of Eddie killbane prior from saints row 3 I was dreading when he attacks night (not Katie- like in the comic but thankfully it was softer, ****
    Mother Russia I was hoping they’d cut her head off, she looked cooler in the movie, ***
    Scenes: hit girl on the van, expanded ,
    The last battle felt a little messy and was premature in the comic kick ass and hit girl go to the lair and fight goons and later the big battle in the centre of the city blowing up comic shops ,
    The comic more violent and sexual ***
    The movie still violent not sexually violent ****
    Note: atomic commix wasn’t init ,
    they put posters from comics made by the writer of the comic mark Millar like American Jesus and superior ,
    It wasn’t as fresh as the original but I liked it ****stars!!!!
  35. Sep 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love Kick-Ass it was vulgar, violent, and original with a good director in Matthew Vaughn. Unfortunately this is a bad sequel that is terribly paced with to much shaky cam and some really awful scenes involving vomit and the potential raping of a woman. A big disappointment. D+ Expand
  36. Aug 19, 2013
    This is a great movie, I like it so much, you people have to see this one. Is nothing wrong with this movie, is no the best movie of the year but is excting.
  37. Aug 18, 2013
    A very entertaining movie, that holds up well after the first one. It delivers all of the same things we love about the first one and a few new things as well. Very good movie.
  38. Aug 17, 2013
    This movie was better then expected. I expected this movie to have more bad words in it but in the movie they tried to stop saying those words in the movie The transitions we're like comic transitions. The only bad part about this movie would have to be the violence. There was a lot more violence then the first movie.
  39. Aug 20, 2013
    After the movie, i went home and watched the first part for the 10-th time, so, it's a great sequel of a great film. Can't wait for Kick-Ass 3, hope to see it soon
  40. Aug 21, 2013
    This movie was amazing best movie ive seen all year what are these critics thinking saying that its one of the worst movies this movie was amazing Just as amazing as the first one
  41. Aug 22, 2013
    This Movie is not Overrated its Underrated.. I mean how many movies do you get which have a perfect blend f humor, action, murder, superhero I think you Get it.

Some people here and not only here in every country go crazy over this movie (IN a negative way) even professional critics seem by crazy opinion. Take my word for it, THE MOVIE ROCKS
  42. Sep 28, 2013
    As a fan of the first Kick Ass movie I have to say I was a bit disappointed with Kick Ass 2. It seemed more of a "Teen Drama" then the real superhero movie the first one was. Instead of most of the movie being spent on action it's spent dealing with Hit Girl trying to fit into High School. Its just not the sequel I hoped for, and a huge let down for me.
  43. Sep 28, 2013
    I absolutely loved the first Kick-Ass, but this sequel fell so flat for me. The wonderful color grading, style, and edgy material are gone this time around, and replaced with bad pacing, a horrible script, and over the top acting. I'm not saying the first one had Academy award winning performances or anything like that, but it seemed so more cliche and superhero like this time around, and I wasn't really feeling it. Jim Carry shines every time he is on the screen, and makes an amazing follow up to Nicolas Cages best performance in decades, but he probably only has 30 minutes of screen-time total. Which is a shame. And while I love Chloe Grace in almost everything she has been in, this was her weakest performance, partly due to the horrible sub plot with a bunch of air-head blonde cheerleaders. To be honest, I don't want to see this ever again. Expand
  44. Aug 18, 2013
    Not a perfect movie by any means, but it was still good. Pros: Kickass and Hit Girl were both just as good, if not better than the first movie; action was good, Christopher Mintz-Plasse was great as MF. Cons: iffy script issues (like Taylor suddenly knows who Kickass is and is then suiting up only "main villain" to get any real screen time was Mother Russia (the other villains got next to no screen time, let alone any lines). Despite the cons, the movie turned out much better than I feared. If you like the first Kickass, there is no doubt you will enjoy this one. Expand
  45. Sep 17, 2013
    I was disappointed in this movie. Maybe I had it coming, I let down my guard and thought that this might be one of the rare instances a sequel does a film good. This film shouldn't be called Kick-Ass 2, it should be called Hit Girl. The entire movie revolves around her and maybe that's not such a bad thing.

I'll admit the movie was entertaining, but the first film was more than that. In
    a weird, satirical way, it was inspiring. This movie lacked that because the main theme was overacting and over-editing. It missed the genius realism that Kick Ass held and instead gave us characters that felt cartoonish, unrealistic, and overpowered. The scene that got to me most was that of Hit Girl fighting Mother Russia, it just reminded me over and over of Kung Fu Hustle, which was a great film, but it was BUILT to be funny violence. So watch it if you can get it on DVD, or free... But it's not worth paying for. Expand
  46. Aug 16, 2013
    I really liked the first one. It was fresh and great seeing an R rated superhero film. But this time around it feels almost derivative. It's still fun watching everyone kick the crap out of each other, but the pacing and forced plot points take a lot away. Still enjoyable, just nowhere near as good as the first time around.
  47. Aug 18, 2013
    One of the worst sequels of the past decade.Absolutely atrocious. Jeff Wadlow doesn't do anything even half as well as Matthew Vaughn. Anyone who actually enjoyed this "film" doesn't know anything about quality cinema.
  48. Sep 8, 2013
    Kick-Ass 2 may be disappointing to some, but it was never going to be as good as the first movie. Never at any point was I bored and even if some scenes were cheesy (and one disgusting) it's still a very good film. Mainly because of the brilliant cast especially Christopher Mintz Plasse as The Mother F*cker.
  49. GFC
    Aug 21, 2013
    This movie was fantastic! I was a huge fan of the first Kick-Ass movie and when I first heard the rumors of Kick-Ass 2 Balls To the Wall I was excited. The acting was great especially from The Kick-Ass himself seems like a better hero than he ever was before and Hit Girl is still a bad ass. Jim Carreys performance was great but he wasn't in the movie enough. I'd say he had twenty minutes of screen time which was a big disappointment. A big problem with this movie is that they entered so many new characters but they never had any character progression. But even with that you don't even notice it.

Just a quick message I would like to see the final Kick-Ass movie come out so please support the movie by buying it instead of pirating it online.
  50. Aug 27, 2013
    The attack of the hollywood sequel strikes again. Not sure if it was blind luck the first time around but I have watched the original a dozen times. One of my favorite movies. Kick Ass 2 is an absolute failure from beginning to end. How they could sully the spirit of the first film with such a pathetic follow up is beyond me. The person who wrote this movie should never get work again. Not sure what all these glowing reviews are about. Starting to wonder if these are paid shill reviews. Noone could have possibly liked the movie that much. Expand
  51. Aug 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie was pretty good, but it showed unnecessary violence. A Russian she-male lawnmows a guys head off. That's pretty violent. Lots of cussing. It's not that funny, either. Expand
  52. Sep 2, 2013
    While it was hard to ignore some of the cheesy lines, this movie managed to capture my attention the whole way. What a great cast. It was an all-round hilarious movie.
  53. Aug 18, 2013
    I give it a 7.5 out of 10. If you are into mindless action and witty humor, this is just the right movie for you. But, if you grew up watching "Schindler's List" and often tend to look too much into details, then leave.
  54. Aug 18, 2013
    There are often times where a critics review can prove invaluable and times where the review bears no relation to the movie, the latter is very much the case with Kick Ass 2.
    Kick Ass 2 follows directly on from where the last one left off, both in tone and style, and delivers magnificently, the journey for kick ass to find his path in the world is both humorous and painful, and as in the
    original, there are many sacrifices to be made which gives the film a serious undertone and contrives to dispel the image that a superheroes life is one of glamour and giving the bad guy an easy whooping.
    Again, kick ass shows that despite his much improved physique, he is still very much out of his league when it comes to taking on bad guys, but this is the charm of these movies, that the good guy is faced with the ridiculous situation of what to do when faced with criminals, he still has fear, he still takes a beating, but despite this, still believes he can change the world he lives in for the better, this sentiment is glaringly missed by critics who have completely overlooked the films whole take on the superhero genre.
    At the end of the day, if you found the first film to be outstanding, then this movie will take you right back there, it will put you back in kick ass' shoes.
    If of course you want to know what happen to Hit Girl, then you will not be disappointed, she has a greater role to play in kick ass' development as a character, while riding a very emotional roller coaster and having to make a choice of what world a 15 year old belongs in, but fear not, her skills have been finely honed and she is much more dangerous, but much more impressive teen, she makes Buffy the vampire slayer look like a complete novice, Chloe Moretz's character provides a lot of the over hyped violence seen in the movie with several spectacular set pieces in true Hit Girl style.
    I almost took notice of the critics nonsense and stayed away, I am so happy I ignored the drivel they wrote and chose to believe that sequel befitting the original kick ass would be in the offing, I can only assume that many of the magazines/ web sites top critics had taken the day off, leaving the rabble and those keen to make a name for themselves were left in the office on review day, because I can find no fault with this movie on any level.
    Lastly, special mention to Jim Carrey, despite his stance on the violence (he had his reasons which many can sympathise), his character was an integral part to kick ass' character arc, flipping the situation that kick ass arrived at and looking it at from a bad guy turned goods perspective, but still showing that no matter what your background, there is a price to pay in standing up and fighting for what's right.
    I enjoyed this movie thoroughly, the right blend of comedy and serious undertone right throughout the movie makes kick ass 2 a resoundingly pleasing sequel.
  55. Aug 19, 2013
    There are so many things I'd like to say about this movie that I'm finding it difficult to choose what to begin this review with. Let's start saying that Kick-Ass is my favourite movie ever. A precious jewel of wit and originality, like no other movies. So I was truly worried, I feared that this sequel would disappoint me.
  56. Aug 21, 2013
    No where near as original as the first. This movie suffered from not knowing what it wanted to be. A mindless fun action movie? Or a meaningful movie with a cast that people cared about. It failed at the latter.
    But in saying that I am not denying that I did enjoy seeing this movie. It was good as a mindless action movie.
  57. Aug 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Kick-Ass 2 might be worth the 9 bucks to see. It's an occasionally enjoyable ~2 hours. This being said, it falls so flat as anything other than a slightly more "adult" run-of-the-mill superhero film. I know that comparing a movie to written source material is unfair, but what is lost in the transition from comic to screen is astounding. Gone is the gruesome, horrifying critic of superhero worship and the glorification of violence. This movie, rather, is a checklist of hero movie cliches, poorly filmed action sequences "bad-ass" one liners, and the complete lack of emotional depth from any source save perhaps Chloe Moretz's performance as Hit Girl/Mindy. What little lethality is on display is completely lost in the final scene, wherein a clash between two masked armies in a warehouse comes off more as a West Side Story dance fight than the logical conclusion of 90 minutes of gunfights, stabbings, and brutal beatings.

I digress, though. The worst part of this movie is not that it's generic. The worst part of this movie is the absolute ham handed way that the more adult themes are handled. Violence is made to be applauded and glorified while being so cartoon-ish that it's almost distracting. Women characters, with the notable exception of Hit-Girl, are used as romantic props and tiresome cliches rather than characters of actual depth. The home invasion, attempted rape, and subsequent beating of one female character is played for comedic effect.

Kick-Ass was meant to be a heart-wrenching commentary on the sacrifice of heroism, the cold reality of violence, and the immaturity of superhero worship. It's also a story of good triumphing over evil, despite all. Somewhere along in production, the former was lost in favor of bolstering the latter. Whether it was a conscious decision on the part of those who funded the movie or a failure on the part of those who created it, I'm not sure, but you, the audience, have been robbed.
  58. Aug 28, 2013
    I think that they could have left out some of the parts dealing with Hit-Girl and trying to be normal but other than that, it was an excellent film. I absolutely loved it and I will probably watch it a million times more when it comes out on DVD/Blu Ray. I went and say it with a bunch of my friend and we all loved it.
  59. Sep 8, 2013
    ACTION: 8/10 Unsurprisingly violent and well filmed
    STORY: 6/10 Pretty much the same as the comics, which isn't great
    JOKES: 7/10 Most are decent but having CGI vomit and isn't funny, neither is rape
    ACTING: 7/10 Apart from the main leads a lot of the cast don't seem to into it.
    OVERALL: The movie is OK, but don't expect it to be nearly as good as the first.
  60. Jan 5, 2014
    La primera entrega de Kick-Ass fue muy entretenida, uno de esos proyectos que se quedan contigo y te sientes identificado por su alta gama de personajes cómicos y además es muy divertida. A todas esas personas que han sentido lo mismo que yo les digo: Ni se les ocurra ver esta segunda parte porque quedarán muy decepcionados. Está bien; lo grotesco, la violencia intensa, los personajes graciosos, los diálogos que daban risa, directamente, todo a la basura, ésta vez Kick-Ass no pudo justificar su contenido, estoy consiente que, ni siquiera Hit Girl podría salvar esta película de su atroz destino. Una decepción Expand
  61. Sep 1, 2013
    Every aspect of the film is a bit more extreme than you expect it to be, but that's exactly what it's going for. I simply don't think it's much better than the first film, which didn't particularly thrill me.
  62. Aug 21, 2013
    Fun popcorn film. Not necessarily as good as the first Kick Ass, but that was a hella-good movie and hard to equal.

Well worth the ticket price and a good time.

Wish they would have shown that photo of Nick Cage a few more times.
  63. Jul 31, 2014
    Like many sequels in the movie world this is just missing that special something that made the first so excellent. What I liked so much about the first movie is that it was a teenager trying to be a superhero in the real world. This sequel takes the first movie's real world and males it feel more like a comic book world. Due to that I feel it loses something.

Don't get me wrong the
    movie is still awesome and fans of the first like myself are going to have a blast. The characters are just as likable as ever, even if the new ones aren't as memorable. There's plenty of humor to go with the violent and now more over-the-top action. So without a doubt if you're a fan of the first than check this one out. If you haven't seen the first I recommend you do before checking this out, so that way everything will make more sense. My total score for the film is a 7.8/10-Good. Expand
  64. Apr 22, 2014
    I’d not heard great things about Kick-Ass 2 prior to watching but for me it delivered pretty much what you’d expect from a sequel, namely much of the same thing. Of course that means it doesn't have the originality of the first movie, and overall it is not as entertaining or funny, but it provided a decent hour and a half of entertainment.
  65. Aug 21, 2013
    I'll start by saying I enjoyed this one more than the first and I was a big fan of the first. The story isn't as strong as the first, but it's also not bad. The action and humor is even better which wasn't to be expected. Kickass 2 is pure entertainment. If you enjoyed the first then you will love this one. Give it a shot, you won't be disappointed, the critics are wrong on this one (like usual) so don't pay any attention to them. 7.5/10 Expand
  66. Sep 10, 2013
    Kick Ass was a risque superhero movie that pushed boundaries and created controversy. Kick Ass 2 tones it down and by doing so loses some of the flair that made the original as great as it was. When Dave Lisewski (Aaron Taylor Johnson) returns to his alter ego Kick Ass, he joins a new league of heroes including Colonel Stars and Stripes (Jim Carrey) and Night (Liddy Booth). Meanwhile Hit Girl (Chloe Grace Moretz) tries to fit in during high school while fighting her desire to suit back up. Kick Ass 2 is a very different monster with a similar filming approach to the first one but the characters are different, the writing isn't as sharp and Hit Girl isn't quite as impressive as she was 4 years ago. The new characters pale in comparison as Carrey's Stars and Stripes is more of a cameo than a supporting role and Night while amusing plays almost exactly the same role as Lyndsy Fonseca's from the first film (she does return for a blink and you will miss it cameo but its not the same). While not dire, Director Jeff Wadlow's idea of this world is Kick Ass Lite with toned down violence as to appear sanitized, insults that sound rude but cannot compare to the controversial and ballsy ones of the first. It's all half measures as to be safe enough to sell the film to a younger audience who probably shouldn't be seeing it. Ultimately its story is good and the film does take a few risks that really shock but its all a little late as the heart and soul of Kick Ass has been ripped out thanks to the directors odd decision. Expand
  67. Aug 19, 2013
    If you were a fan of the comicbook series, be aware of the fact that the violence is not as prevalent in the film translation, also there's a mildly awkward love story between two characters.

If you were a fan of the first film SEE THIS ONE. I wasn't a fan of the first one, and all the issues I had with the first one were pretty much fixed in the second. My friends that liked the first
    one left being happy with the film. Expand
  68. Aug 21, 2013
    no reason why critics should be bashing it this hard. just another man of steel. critics are seriously just stupid and bitter these days, you cant trust them anymore. just watch it for yourself so you can see what these idiots are talking about.

the movie is great, not as good as the first one but still great, jim carrey outshines everyone when he's in a scene. when its bad, its really
    really bad (sickstick) but when its good, its awesome. Expand
  69. Aug 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Kick-Ass 2 is an action film of 2013 directed by Jeff Wadlow (Never Back Down) with Chloe Grace Moretz, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Christopher Mintz-Plasse and Jim Carrey.
    After defeating Frank D'amico, Mindy and Dave try to live like normal people in high school but Priam can not be comfortable and prefers to remain vigilant on the streets in the guise of Hit-Girl and the other, tired of monotony of their lives as normal teenager, initially decides to join the team with Mindy but after the latter retires, Kick-Ass decides to become a part of the Justice Forever commanded by Colonel Stars and Stripes (Jim Carrey). Meanwhile, Chris D'Amico, in revenge for the death of his father, he decides to become the first super villain of the story with the name of and to enlist the criminals in his gang.
    In comparison to other sequel, Kick-Ass 2 does not disappoint and is proving an excellent film. Wadlow's direction is not the same level of Vaughn but it can boast of being able to do the choreography really spectacular (especially when fighting Hit-Girl) and manage well the crowd scenes (the final battle). The main focus of this film is Chloe Moretz and the psychological relationship Mindy Hit-Girl. Also excellent in the role that improves Johnson of Kick-Ass, Mintz-Plasse who with his manages to entertain a lot and Jim Carrey who always manages to leave a mark. Also note the great fidelity to the original comic although the most violent scenes have been removed.
  70. Aug 20, 2013
    Kick-Ass 2 is a very good movie but it fails to capture the essence of the first film. The first movie was successful for two main reasons. For one, the brutality and in-your-face factor was incredibly high and created a certain "shock and awe" that left a lasting impression on the audience. The second was the film's refreshing take on the superhero concept. Both of these elements were either lost or severely diminished in this sequel. To cover the shock and awe, it just didn't have it. There were nowhere near as many scenes that made your peel away and get engaged at the same time. I think a big reason for this was the diminished role of Hit Girl. That's not to say that Chloe Grace Moretz' character, Mindy Macready, doesn't get appropriate screen time. If anything, the opposite is true. At times it almost felt as though she was the main character and the driving force of the film. The problem is that Mindy Macready, though Moretz is a fantastic young actress, is not refreshing or profane enough to deliver the effect Hit Girl does. As for the superhero perspective, while the first film felt refreshing, this film almost felt "spoofy" at times. In both cases, I think the directorial and screenplay change from the first film are at fault. Jeff Wadlow clearly had a different vision than many fans, including myself. One last negative, I hated the break in continuity from the movies by changing two characters, albeit they are fairly minor. Detective Marcus Williams (the black cop and friend of Big Daddy who becomes Mindy's care-taker at the end of the first film) and Todd (the less-important friend of Dave) are both played by different actors and neither feels right. Overall though, I hope it doesn't sound like I didn't enjoy this film. Moretz was amazing and Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Christopher Mintz-Plasse both do adequate jobs in the more tradition protagonist and antagonist roles, respectively. The action was really cool and the plot had tons of potential and largely lived up to it with the exception of the aforementioned flaws, in my opinion. If you loved the first film, you'll still probably enjoy this one quite a bit. If you found the first movie offensive, that feeling will not change here. Expand
  71. Sep 9, 2013
    Not sure why the critics bash this movie so much. Of course it lacked the awesome surprise element of the first movie, but it was a consequential evolution of the story line, hit girl was still awesome, and I was greatly entertained!
  72. Sep 2, 2013
    Half-ass 2 should be the name of this horrible sequel. A huge fan of Kick-Ass I went in with the lowest expectations possible off the crappy trailer. The only thing worth seeing this for is Jim Carey. His very limited screen time was the only thing that kept my interest. Steer clear of this one.
  73. Oct 6, 2013
    A highly solid sequel that tops the original in every way and form. The action is satisfying, the humour is timed well, the plot flows well and the violence hit the sweet spot between strong and sadistic. High recommended even if you didn't really have a thing for the first movie. Brilliant.
  74. Aug 26, 2013
    I was expecting more of a comedy (based on previews) and what I got was actually a really violent movie with a pretty weak story. Obviously they try to be "stupid" with the story as if it supposed to be part of the comedy act but it really isn't funny at all... I did laugh a few times but overall was weak. The characters are decent enough but the movie falls flat. I say pass until it's done with theaters. Expand
  75. Mar 8, 2014
    It's not quite as good as the first, but it still offers us plenty of crude humor and violent action. The thing is they don't really combine the two elements together as well as its predecessor.
  76. Sep 18, 2013
    In a continued exploration of ultra violence and cartoon emotion, Kick Ass 2 leaps into action without a full sense of self awareness. Never fear, though. It manages to find itself in the second half. There's not much in the way of surprise, but you if the first film did it for you, this one has the same elements in spades.
  77. Aug 21, 2013
    I thought the first Kick ass film was good.

Kick ass 2 is much better, its funny, heartbreaking, serious, violent and has lots of new characters. I cant remember the last time i enjoyed a film as much as this.

I was humming with laughter for the first half then had tears in my eyes for the second half which is more serious. This film is great entertainment, it thrilled me, it excited
    me, it made me laugh and it made me cry with laughter and in genuine heartfelt grief.

Note: i watched it on a 15 certificate in the UK, this film should be an 18.
  78. Aug 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This was a good squeal, not as good or hard hitting then the first one, and im kinda pissed about the ending of the movie with Mindy and Dave kissing, really didn't seem necessary because i believed that the relationship between Mindy and Dave seemed more like a brother sister thing, in fact that is what i kinda wanted it to be, also i didn't like the fact that they kept the Dog Decapitation out of the film for i believe that moment in the comic book was hard hitting, overall Kick Ass 2 is a great squeal not as good as the first yet still accomplices and has the same feel as the original movie. Expand
  79. Sep 14, 2013
    The movie is pretty average in the first half, all of that predictable stuff about teenage life, promises, giving up and so on. But later it becomes better and better. Overall not as good as the first one though. There are some new cool characters like Mother Russia or Colonel Stars and Straps. Don't know what else to say, just slightly worse than the original.
  80. Aug 27, 2013
    I've noticed that in most cases, critics give poor scores to movies/games deserving good scores and they give good scores to movies/games deserving poor scores. Basically, whatever the critics say, expect the opposite. Kickass 2 was a brilliant successor to Kickass. It was the "good" wanna-be's vs the "bad" wanna-be's which is exactly what I was hoping it would be. The only thing that threw me off was the disappearance of Kickass' girlfriend. She was never really mentioned in this film. Expand
  81. Aug 20, 2013
    the movie is funny as hell, I never see so people laughing every second, me and my friends laughed all the movie, the movie isn't an improvement from the first one in story sure. but the so many funny part,
    the great characters and the action parts making this movie very good. so suck the critics go and see this movies, ohhhhhhh and yes you got dog on your bolas. lol you will understand
    it when you will see the movie Expand
  82. Jan 3, 2014
    Tanta expectativa em volta desse filme que fiquei decepcionado com o resultado, o primeiro foi interessante esse aqui uma humilhação para obra original.
  83. Aug 31, 2013
    For a movie called kick ass, it is pretty average. The reason why it is average is because very large sections of the movie are taken up by trivial teenage/family/friend issues and it is kind of slow and boring. In addition, this kind of leads to a lack of action scenes and it does not necessarily help define the villains in the film either. What I liked about the movie were the scenes involving the justice forever team and Jim Carrey added a lot to that as well. In conclusion, there are things to like about this movie, but there are too many unnecessary slow parts (no action) and it is why it is difficult to say that this movie is kick ass. Expand
  84. Aug 18, 2013
    It never quite reaches the level of emotional weight that its predecessor did, but "Kick-Ass 2" is still a worthy addition to a lovably irreverent franchise filled with perpetually characters.
  85. Sep 10, 2013
    While the violence that made the first movie so memorable is there, the charm is clearly lacking. Big Daddy is replaced with another engaging character, Colonel Stars and Stripes, who is underutilized. Hit-Girl is grown up and looks good. Kick-Ass himself has worked out and it shows. But the positives end here. The main villain is sort of funny but is not very compelling. The plot goes nowhere. The fight scenes are good but not up to the level of the first movie. The movie lacked direction. There was no overarching story that bound all the pieces together. It was a mess. Expand
  86. Aug 28, 2013
    I'm a big fan of the first Kick-Ass and to say that this was an improvement on that one is quite big! More Action, more characters and more entertaining; everything was improved and the end result was one very impressive sequel! The young talents of both Aaron & Chloë are amazing and they lead this film, but its also the characters that make the film what it is. It's also still quite violent for a film that seems aimed at teenagers. Overall highly impressive and well worth checking out! Expand
  87. Apr 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The first one was awesome and funny while still acting seriously, it was really unique in terms of its premise, script and soundtrack and the fact that some of the stuff managed to shock so many people, it had great acting and really awesome action scenes, even if it had a low budget it rarely showed it. You go from that to Kick Ass 2 where it borrows from everything other movie, there is not as much gore, the acting of almost everyone was laughable - talking to you Christopher Mintz Plasse, the soundtrack was pretty lame compared to the first movie, the action sequences were average at best (mostly just boring full shots of everyone with a lot of camera shake added for "intensity"), the fact that the writing is so stupid and all over the place, any new characters added seemed to turn into stereotypes (Brooke and co' turn into the typical Queen Bees to the point of ridiculousness), and the characters from the first movie get completely changed (for the worst) Dave goes from a typical comic book nerd to a knobjock douchebag, Mindy has completely softened in terms of viciousness (say goodbye to the sadistic little girl from the 1st movie), Katie, the really nice supporting girlfriend suddenly does a face heel turn and turns into a psychotic **** and Todd (who was recast) goes from the quiet kind of dumb guy to an extremely stupid, perverted creep. And I would like to add that with the exact same budget of the first movie, the second one felt like B grade direct to dvd flick all the way through. Lazy, lazy, LAZY film making.
    Why does this happen? I really hope they tell Jeff Wadlow to get the **** out of the Director's chair for the next one (if there is one).
  88. Sep 2, 2013
    Amazing,brutal humor,one moment i was laughing on floor and oder i was almost crying, awsome script, perfect villians (esspecialy mother russia) i hope there will be kick-ass 3
  89. Aug 29, 2013
    The original Kick-Ass was new, funny and original. Kick-Ass 2 is the same old stuff from the first one. Boring and to be honest, not that funny. It seems as if the writers ran out of material and just decided to kill everyone. It's predictable and a waste of time.
  90. Dec 20, 2013
    Consensus: Kick-Ass 2 will never overcome its predecessor, but still entertaining, bloody, violent, funny, and full of action! MY RATING: 68/100 B- FRESH

REVIEW: Starring Aaron Taylor Johnson, Chloe Grace Moretz and Directed by Jeff Wadlow Kick-Ass 2 was definitely one of the movies that more wait in the whole year, but then I let myself down by its low score on several websites like
    Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic which brought down my expectations. So after a couple of months after the movie came out in theaters I decided to see it online, and I like it so much, I found it very regularly, scattered, about 10 or 15 big laughs, lots of action, gore and the end was great, because it is possible that may be a sequel. The plot is very well performed as well as the comedy, is very similar to the first film, simply just by looking at the first 5 minutes of Kick-Ass 2 to say this. So I can not say that Kick-Ass 2 is original, because it is basically still the same combination of Comedy and Action that used the first film. The performances are excellent, and funny, obviously nobody will win an Oscar but each actor gives 100%; Fits to highlight here Chloe Grace-Moretz, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, the stunningly funny Olga Kurkulina, and of course Jim Carrey that was one of the new characters that liking me more, and i have to admit that i enjoy all the that he said. Kick-Ass 2 is dutiful is a decent sequel, of course could be much better but its low budget prevented it. Has much CGI and this affects many of the action scenes and it looks a bit crappy, it's very entertaining, and at times keeps the tension and action that characterizes it. In conclusion Kick-Ass 2 never cut through the first movie, but still entertaining, bloody, action-packed and has new hilarious characters.

NICE: All the new characters, action, bloody scenes and big laughs. It's not a masterpiece, but it's very enjoyable.

FAIL: Unoriginal, and imitates a lot the first film, has very bad special effects and shortages a lot of the cast of the first film.

WATCH THIS MOVIE IF... obviously you liked the first part and if you like black humor, profanity, action and the comedy which is shown in these kinds of movies.

DON'T WATCH THIS MOVIE IS... you're very critical, boring, even if you do not like this kind of movies joke after joke, action, etc.

Twitter: @MemoBosque Facebook: Guillermo Bosque Mendoza
    FULL REVIEW AT MY BLOG: www.MemoBosque.Blogspot.mx
  91. Jul 1, 2014
    I absolutely loved the original Kick-Ass. It was witty, brutal, humorous, and the best movies of that year. When I heard Kick-Ass 2 was going to be released, I was jumping with joy, and my expectations were high. Unfortunately, they were far from met. The second movie was filled to the brim with annoying crude humour, awful dialogue, mediocre action scenes, and cliche scenarios. Now I admit I was somewhat entertained throughout the movie, and as far as mindless action movies go, this is far from the worst. Just don't expect anything better than a mindless action movie, and certainly don't expect a movie even close to it's brilliant predecessor. Expand
  92. Aug 25, 2013
    A film in the category "Unnecessary continuations".
    The actors carry the lousy film on her slender shoulders and have to resist the bad script and the story grottigen. But they lose the fight and try to save even one of the worst films of the year.
    Mission failed.
  93. Aug 26, 2013
    After watching "Kick-Ass 2", you begin to realize how much this franchise is making it's own rules, deviating from source material isn't necessary uncommon traits in superhero flicks, but for as silly as this franchise gets I'm still having a very fun time.

One of the biggest so on so charms, coming back to this series, is to see how these actors careers have flourished extraordinary
    well in such a short 3 years and how much that shows no one else really could play these characters. With the addition of Jim Carrey perfectly casted, all these heavy hitters really come back and hit hard in their own kooky style.

Serious themes of revenge came across wonderfully cartoonish, the violence really pushed the 15 rating to its limit, to an extent where I would say beware who "should" see this, but thankfully it never gets to the level of violence in its comic counterpart.

All in all I really enjoyed it, it's hard to go to such serious depth with these kinds of movies, and I really wish not to write a list trying to justify violence, or what makes this a superior sequel, something ultimately just works.

Final Verdict: It's not high art, It's not utter garbage, It's just very self aware comic fun, and that isn't exactly a bad thing, If that's what you're after your in for a treat 8/10.
  94. Oct 18, 2013
    This is as real as a superhero movie can get, this is freaking awesome and I can't wait to see hit-girl and kick ass in part 3. It's time to end the series on a high note.
  95. Aug 19, 2013
    The first Kick-Ass told the story of what will happen if you choose to put on a costume and fight crime, it was a realistic version of a superhero story and those were the reasons why I loved the first Kick-Ass. So I was really excited for the sequel, the movie was really good but don't expect it to be better than it's predecessor. The shows that Kick-Ass and Hit-Girl have started a revolution, there were a lot of superheroes popping out and some of those heroes, are joining the team that was formed by Jim Carrey's character. Kick-Ass joins his team and they started to clean the streets but unfortunately Christopher-Mintz-Plasse is still pissed at Kick-ass for what he did to his dad and decides to create his own army. Aaron Johnson is still good at playing his character and he was also good with the dramatic scenes. Jim Carrey was good as well even though he didn't like this movie but he should be proud of himself for playing an awesome character. Christoper-Mintz-Plasse was also good on playing the villain, but the one that always steals the show like with the first movie is Chloe Moretz. She was really good on the dramatic and action sequences and she always steals the show in every scene that she's in. The action scenes were good but some overused shakey cam and I still don't know why they used that thing. The movie was a bit rushed and that's why some dramatic scenes didn't work for me. Kick-Ass 2 was still a good movie but not better than the first one, I am going to give Kick-Ass 2 a 9/10. Expand
  96. Dec 13, 2013
    Although it doesn't quite match up to the original Kick Ass, this sequel still keeps an excellent mix of action, bloody violence, and humour. What needs to be realised is that Kick Ass 2 is meant to be a fun movie more than a drama, although some of the lines are quite inexcusable...
  97. Dec 3, 2013
    I really dug the first film and was excited for this one. Despite hearing some bad talk about it and seeing Jim Carrey disown the film due to his own morals and ethics, I have to say I thought this movie was just as slick, cool and entertaining as the first one. It was nice to see new faces added to the world of “Kick-Ass” and it was nice seeing Aaron Taylor-Johnson get to be a bigger presence in the story (let’s face it, Hit-Girl stole the first movie). I also really dug the evolution of the characters of Kick-Ass and Hit-Girl and the hyper-violent fight and action scenes are just expected from this franchise but just as entertaining as they were the last time around. While the story got a lot darker than it did in the last movie (of course, the comic gets even darker), I still thought “Kick-Ass 2” was a great sequel to an already cool movie. Expand
  98. Jan 15, 2014
    Kick-Ass 2 is an insane, fun ride, even if it doesn't compare to the original, this one lacking shock value. The performances are decent, the stand-out being Chloe Grace Moretz who is one of the best young actresses working in the industry today, and the story is fun. It's easy to have a great time at Kick-Ass 2.
  99. Mar 12, 2014
    unoriginal sad redo of the same tricks of a already over done concept . Super fans ya'll need to learn to be objective just because you like it doesn't mean it's a good movie . My favorite movies are Godzilla movies and they are not filmed or acted good .
  100. Sep 22, 2013
    Despite some brutal action scenes, this film is generally barren of the ironic twists that made the first film successful, and relies on more gag humor this time around, and a rehashed script that's been pulled off more effectively in the past.

1. Reviewed by: Ali Arikan
    Aug 16, 2013
    One of the year's worst films.
  2. Reviewed by: Richard Roeper
    Aug 15, 2013
    Kick-Ass 2 is an uninspired retread. All too often it plays like a Comic-Con gone insane, with costumed do-gooders taking on costumed criminals in gratuitously vicious battles.
  3. Reviewed by: Chris Nashawaty
    Aug 15, 2013
    Moretz, who is 16 now, can't manufacture the same that's-so-wrong jolt she managed the first time around. Back then, it was hilariously taboo to see a little girl spout arias of profanity. Now, she's just another teenager swearing. Like the rest of the film, what was once shocking now just elicits a shrug.