Kick-Ass

8.6

1. m0trenurt
    Apr 30, 2010
    The critics obviously need a lesson in whats good about a movie. No one cares about your moral outrage or your political correctness. Im just glad you lot werent in the focus greoup for this film. This film is fun and thats one of the most important things about main stream media. If this movie offends you, you need to take along hard look at what your life has become.
  2. KennyM.
    Apr 16, 2010
    Original, funny and violent - this is a superb film. Watch out for the fabulous use of the songs.
  3. RichardK
    Apr 16, 2010
    Switch off your brain for a while and just enjoy what is a great film.
  4. Chris
    Apr 17, 2010
    Any of the critic´s who gave this a score lower then 60 doesn't know what a good movie is when they watch it! This movie is ultra-violent, it got amazing stunts, and is very very funny! This movie is defiantly on the number 1 spot on Movie Of The Year!
  5. BrianM.
    Apr 18, 2010
    A movie which defies catagorization. Is it violent? -- excessively. Is it vulgar? -- extremely. Is it obscene? -- undoubtably. But what seperates it from other low-brow movies is its surprising and ironic sense of charm and warmth. Satirizing the whole superhero concept, "Kick-Ass" delivers some interesting characters (however morally ambigous) as well as some gripping action sequences. A movie which defies catagorization. Is it violent? -- excessively. Is it vulgar? -- extremely. Is it obscene? -- undoubtably. But what seperates it from other low-brow movies is its surprising and ironic sense of charm and warmth. Satirizing the whole superhero concept, "Kick-Ass" delivers some interesting characters (however morally ambigous) as well as some gripping action sequences. The movie intends to shock -- but not for the purpose of offending, but rather to celebrate and laugh at the absurd (ala Camus). All and all, "Kick-Ass" builds a gradual momentum of excitment culminating in some of the best action scenes since "The Dark Knight" -- a thoroughly entertaining experience. Expand
  6. DanielC
    Apr 20, 2010
    Seriously, average review of 66? This film was funny, had some of the best action sequences I've ever seen, and was presented very well, some amazing song choices for the soundtrack. Its hard hitting in places too. I was genuinely surprised to see the fairly average score of 66 on here.
  7. AndrewW.
    Apr 20, 2010
    This movie was a blast! Nicolas Cage was THE man and even though the main character was just ok (seeing how he is just a normal dude), it made the parts with big daddy and hit girl all that much more awesome. Definitely worth seeing if your a fan of over the top, self-aware, thrill rides.
  8. Ders
    Apr 22, 2010
    Aaron Johnson shows some serious promise in his role as the awkward, identity-seeking Lizewski, but it's Chloe Moretz and Nicholas Cage who really steal the show. Cage's overly dry portrayal of a sociopathic father is on par with his performance in Bad Lieutenant, and Chloe Moretz demands attention as the psychopathic Hit Girl, ripping through bad guys like a hot knife through Aaron Johnson shows some serious promise in his role as the awkward, identity-seeking Lizewski, but it's Chloe Moretz and Nicholas Cage who really steal the show. Cage's overly dry portrayal of a sociopathic father is on par with his performance in Bad Lieutenant, and Chloe Moretz demands attention as the psychopathic Hit Girl, ripping through bad guys like a hot knife through butter. Ultra violent, humorous, and just enough dramatic emotional moments make this comedy-meets-Dark Knight super hero flick a real keeper. On top of competent work of the actors, the film has some seriously awesome cinematography; perfect use of wide-angle and diminished shots make the film look and feel like a comic book from the very opening scene. Add a great soundtrack, well-paced editing, and a decent script and what you get is an all around well-made film. Vaughn really makes up for Stardust while on the helms Kick-Ass, and I look forward to seeing his future films. ***I have not read the comics (I will now!) so I cannot comment on how true this movie sticks to its source material. But if the movie is half as good as the comic series, then I'm in store for a pleasant surprise. Expand
  9. RyanS
    Apr 23, 2010
    Kick-Ass kicked ass. Real life superheroes - what a concept! Nicolas Cage and the little girl were the best crime-fighting duo I have ever seen. Nicolas Cage got to act crazy and over the top and it was a joy to watch. Seriously one of the best movies so far this year. Bring on the Blu-ray!
  10. SteelR.
    Apr 30, 2010
    Don't go in expecting to see a serious superheroes movie along the lines of Ironman. This is a very tongue in cheek/ hard hitting film that rocks.
  11. Ryan
    May 2, 2010
    Such a good movie. The acting, story, and style of the movie could not be beat.
  12. KeriN
    May 6, 2010
    Fantastic movie. If you can't stand gore and cursing, don't watch it. If a child cussing and blowing out someone's brains would make your stomach turn, don't watch it. If you have the bits to watch a little girl in a messed up situation being genuinely awesome while remaining lovable, instead of a sweet and innocent little victim, watch it. If you like comic books. Fantastic movie. If you can't stand gore and cursing, don't watch it. If a child cussing and blowing out someone's brains would make your stomach turn, don't watch it. If you have the bits to watch a little girl in a messed up situation being genuinely awesome while remaining lovable, instead of a sweet and innocent little victim, watch it. If you like comic books. Watch it. And darnit, if you like a good movie, WATCH IT! Ten stars! Expand
  13. DesmondM.
    Apr 16, 2010
    This movie is an all-out riot, you will have a great time watching it. Hit girl is the coolest and most badass little person I have ever seen. A definite must see! and has awesome soundtrack.
  14. DougE
    Apr 16, 2010
    This is a Disney movie where kids have adult roles and are powerful, and a Tarantino ultraviolent movie. I loved hearing the Banana Splits song. again One of the best action movies of all time.
  15. GregF.
    Apr 16, 2010
    Saw it at South by Southwest, and loved it even more the second time. Just an awesome movie. Mertz is an amazing little actress.
  16. JordanS
    Hit girl freaking owns!
  17. BrianN.
    Apr 17, 2010
    It was as violent and funny as I expected it to be. While they disappointed me a little by the alteration from the comic, I know why it was done. Just as I had hoped, Hit-Girl stole the show. Moretz played one mean, cute, little girl. She definitely brought Kill Bill to my mind on more than one occasion. A must-see, especially if you haven't already read the comics.
  18. GeorgeN
    Apr 17, 2010
    Entertaining and violent as can be. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time! Not for kids under 17.
  19. ShawnL
    Apr 18, 2010
    Went in looking for an entertaining action movie. Left the theater with that and more. A pleasant surprise to say the least. Ignore the "pro"-critics. What do they know anyway?
  20. RyanK.
    Apr 18, 2010
    The first half of this movie is great. It's very faithful to the comic, and sets everything up really well. The second half of the movie is an abomination. It completely ruins the point of the comic. It's supposed to be about what would happen if people dressed up as super heroes in the real world. Apparently the director got bored with this theme and decided he wanted to make The first half of this movie is great. It's very faithful to the comic, and sets everything up really well. The second half of the movie is an abomination. It completely ruins the point of the comic. It's supposed to be about what would happen if people dressed up as super heroes in the real world. Apparently the director got bored with this theme and decided he wanted to make an actual super hero movie, complete with magical jet packs with shoulder mounted chain-guns. If you've read the comic, stay far far away. If you haven't read the comic, you might enjoy this movie a little more. I suggest reading the comic instead though. It's much better. Expand
  21. Ver
    Apr 18, 2010
    Greatly entertaining movie. Definitely check it out!
  22. Snoopyblue
    Apr 18, 2010
    This movie was bad-ass so entertaining and fun to watch. Go see this movie you haven't yet. It is def worth watching.
  23. MichaelB.
    Apr 19, 2010
    This movie is f***ing awesome. there are parts where it drags but they usally throw a joke to even it out. but hitgirl and big daddy really steal the show. whenever they are one screen there is only one word "EPIC". their sub-plot although designed as a plot device for the main plots execution probably could have been its own movie had they wanted to develop it fully.
  24. ChadS.
    Apr 19, 2010
    The Atari 2600 hit the marketplace in 1977. Two years later, Barbara Ann Spencer, a schoolgirl, opened fire on a group of elementary-aged children as if they were space invaders. Shortly after the killing spree, Spencer was quoted as saying, "I did it for the fun of it. I don't like..." In "Kick-Ass", the first-person shooting game is co-opted into film language, as Mindy(Chloe Grace The Atari 2600 hit the marketplace in 1977. Two years later, Barbara Ann Spencer, a schoolgirl, opened fire on a group of elementary-aged children as if they were space invaders. Shortly after the killing spree, Spencer was quoted as saying, "I did it for the fun of it. I don't like..." In "Kick-Ass", the first-person shooting game is co-opted into film language, as Mindy(Chloe Grace Moretz in a bravura performance) uses night-vision goggles(like Buffalo Bill in Jonathan Demme's "The Silence of the Lambs") to pick off her targets. Donning her Hit Girl getup, Mindy is practically a cipher: an Xbox, X chromosome avatar who for the most part shows no remorse toward her victims. Despite being bad guys, the young girl's emotional detchment throughout each bloody ordeal makes Mindy seem more like a psychopath than a superhero. Spencer, who was the inspiration for The Boomtown Rats' new wave classic "I Don't Like Mondays", is inadvertently evoked through Hit Girl's purple wig, in which purple, the color most associated with Prince, brings us back to Monday. (Prince wrote "Manic Monday" for The Bangles.) With Mindy's violent upbringing, the "enfant terrible" shouldn't be anywhere near school perimeters, but "Kick-Ass" is a comic book movie(albeit a superior one) and doesn't factor in such realities of child development. Since the anti-social girl has little regard for the sanctity of human life, there's always the possibility of Mindy summoning up her alter-ego to protect the weak from a mean cheerleader or surly jock with cataclysmic results. In the classic new wave song, Geldof, who could be describing Big Daddy(Nicolas Cage) as he takes aim at his daughter, writes: "And school's out early and soon we'll be learning/And the lesson today is how to die." Dave(Aaron Johnson) is not a licensed psychotherapist; he can't teach Mindy how to live. As for the profanity, Moretz has nothing on Natalie Portman, who in Ted Demme's "Beautiful Girls", says, "So you're the alcoholic high school buddy s*** for brains," to a chagrined Michael Rappaport. Expand
  25. WillieR.
    Apr 19, 2010
    Chloe Moretz is deserving of a Oscar nomination for sure. This movie if nothing else teaches there are always repercussions for our actions. Great action, good story and the fall-out from Kick-ass
  26. PeterN
    Apr 21, 2010
    I wasn't a fan of the fighting/violence but the interesting characters kept the movie fun for me
  27. JoshF
    Apr 20, 2010
    What was Matthew Vaughn thinking???? Movie of the moment, which will be mocked and laughed about in the future.
  28. mikec
    Apr 22, 2010
    I wanted to like this film much more than I actually did. The whole thing just seemed a little awkward and never really hit full stride.
  29. ReaganR
    Apr 22, 2010
    I must confess that I agree this film is extremely entertaining...a well made, well choreographed, fresh spin on the super hero genre. Moreover, I like the sly satirical spin of the film, taking two takes on what the "reality" of a superhero would look like, a wannabe who ultimately gets his ass kicked or psychotic vigilantes who are as messed up as the "villains" they kill. Having said I must confess that I agree this film is extremely entertaining...a well made, well choreographed, fresh spin on the super hero genre. Moreover, I like the sly satirical spin of the film, taking two takes on what the "reality" of a superhero would look like, a wannabe who ultimately gets his ass kicked or psychotic vigilantes who are as messed up as the "villains" they kill. Having said all that -- and I know I'm in the minority here -- but I just had this nauseated feeling after the film was over; that is, I don't care about the graphic violence but having an 11 year old _be_ an adult with all that entails in the film was just a boundary that I personally can't cross. Why oh why couldn't they have at least made her a teenager! One other small grip: Too many penultimate final moments, e.g., too many last minute saves! Expand
  30. NateH.
    Apr 20, 2010
    Anyone who doesn't feel something when Kick-ass saves that guy from being beaten and explains his motives is dead inside. Stop being uptight and enjoy the movie.
  31. HarryN
    Apr 24, 2010
    When I first saw the commercials It didn't even come close to catching my attention but after all the adds shoving it down my throat it seemed watchable. It worked and I'm glad I saw it. Truly Amazing don't listen to the critics on this one. Must see in theatres.
  32. ZiezK.
    Apr 20, 2010
    This film was fantastic and everything I hoped it would be. I had never read the comic but this film was amazing. The acting was great, the visuals, fight scenes, and gore were top of the line.
  33. AfdhalH
    Apr 30, 2010
    I was overwhelmed when the movie's first week score to be 86%, higher than Avatar! So, I decided to bust my curiosity by going to the local cinema myself. How impressed am I on the movie as I barely sat down my bottom on the sear. I was hooked up with the movie. There were elements of HILARIOUSNESS, GROSS, SADNESS, ADRENALINE RUSH, and SUSPENSE..all in ONE movie. Great movie!! I was overwhelmed when the movie's first week score to be 86%, higher than Avatar! So, I decided to bust my curiosity by going to the local cinema myself. How impressed am I on the movie as I barely sat down my bottom on the sear. I was hooked up with the movie. There were elements of HILARIOUSNESS, GROSS, SADNESS, ADRENALINE RUSH, and SUSPENSE..all in ONE movie. Great movie!! Contender for the movie of the year and cant wait for the release of the BluRay. Expand
  34. trevorh.
    May 1, 2010
    Maintains a tight balance between awkward teen comedy and brutal violence. and i mean brutal. not since Kill Bill has a movie been so over-the-top gory. if you think, as i do and i'm sure many others as well, that superhero movies have begun taking themselves too seriously (after the Dark Knight), then do yourself a favor and see this movie. it's an adrenaline rush from start to finish.
  35. TomW.
    May 21, 2010
    This movie is beyond awesome i read the comic first and even if there was made some changes to the movie it still Kick-Ass ,and Chloë Moretz is amazing as Hit-Girl.
  36. GavinP.
    May 23, 2010
    Highly entertaining, well worth watching.
  37. MartinJ.
    May 24, 2010
    What can I say, well this is one pretty awesome film, especially when Dave try's to become a super hero and in doing so actually gets a sort of super power! Messed up nerves meaning he can take a beating like no other. With some loveable characters and although they're far fetched they don't feel completely out of this world, hit girl is just class absolutely class and big What can I say, well this is one pretty awesome film, especially when Dave try's to become a super hero and in doing so actually gets a sort of super power! Messed up nerves meaning he can take a beating like no other. With some loveable characters and although they're far fetched they don't feel completely out of this world, hit girl is just class absolutely class and big daddy is good psycho. Watch it and enjoy. Expand
  38. BarrettB
    May 28, 2010
    Great movie... serious, funny, great dialogue in parts. The story was a new spin on the superhero theme not to mention great action. Well done.
  39. LeoS
    May 6, 2010
    A wonderful violent but very funny film, too! interesting characters und a very very nice story! just perfect!
  40. alano.
    Jun 17, 2010
    Reading the comic made me think about the idea of being a superhero like Dave did in the movie too. The adaption just made my ideas expand to see that it could be possible.
  41. DarrenM>
    Apr 16, 2010
    Fantastically fun movie... but one that is for a specific audience. The action scenes are great, but the real gem is how the main character and his arch-nemesis are the sorriest excuses for costumed heroes/villains ever seen on screen. The movie is a parody of the genre, but one that is done with care and respect.
  42. EddieM
    Apr 16, 2010
    Amazing movie, the best ive seen since the dark knight! I feel that watching this movie made me realize you dont need anything to be a superhero. The acting was flawless, and I had to say, Hit Girl stole the show, but Aaron Johnson as Kick Ass was my favorite person, and for one reason, at the end which im not going to give away. But my favorite 5 films of all time. Definitely going to Amazing movie, the best ive seen since the dark knight! I feel that watching this movie made me realize you dont need anything to be a superhero. The acting was flawless, and I had to say, Hit Girl stole the show, but Aaron Johnson as Kick Ass was my favorite person, and for one reason, at the end which im not going to give away. But my favorite 5 films of all time. Definitely going to buy the soundtrack! Expand
  43. TedF
    Apr 16, 2010
    Kick ass is my favorite movie of all time I loved the fighting comedy and action actors were great mertz was amazing.
  44. HishamI.
    Apr 16, 2010
    This movie is fantastic. It blends comedy, violence and emotion and delivers it in a nice package. Each actor did a solid job in capturing the essence of the characters. All I got to say is you must watch this movie, because it will show you a good time.
  45. AbhinavR.
    Apr 16, 2010
    A blend of shockingly awesome violence and a semi-interesting premise, Kick-Ass is great fun.
  46. GD
    Apr 17, 2010
    Amazing movie. Ultra violent. This is not Superbad mixed with spider-man. Its Pulp Fiction mixed with Sin City. Funny, deeply disturbing but an amazing experience the whole way through.
  47. BW.
    Apr 17, 2010
    Very disappointing film. I went in really hyped up to see it, the comic was ok, Vaugn is a very talented director and i'd heard good things unfortunately I came out feeling it was just a bit well...average. The action is top notch mind you, although it does jar with the 'realism' of a superhero I still found myself being carried along for the ride. A lot of people put the Very disappointing film. I went in really hyped up to see it, the comic was ok, Vaugn is a very talented director and i'd heard good things unfortunately I came out feeling it was just a bit well...average. The action is top notch mind you, although it does jar with the 'realism' of a superhero I still found myself being carried along for the ride. A lot of people put the violence as a particular high point but it was just violent, sometimes a bit too cartoonish, sometimes too realistic, it almost felt like the director wasn't sure what he wanted. The acting was all decent and the girl was very good, but here it felt like they where trying to be shocking by making her swear and kill people which didn't really work for me. Overall it was a good watch once and mildly entertain but not particularly better than your average superhero movie (which it slowly degenerated into. Expand
  48. James
    Apr 17, 2010
    A shockingly entertaining movie! Don't listen to those negative reviews, in fact most of those sounded like they were looking for something else entirely. The movie has laughs and some great action scenes and with characters you can't believe you are rooting for.
  49. DanW
    Apr 17, 2010
    This movie is not good. It first suggests that a *real* person can become a *real* superhero, then plays absolutely against that with over the top cartoon violence. It doesn't make any sense, and the fact that it involves children is morally questionable at best.
  50. MattW.
    Apr 17, 2010
    About half way though i realized this movie was incredible. Being now, my new favorite movie of all time, i think its up there with dark knight as being one of the greatest movies of our generation.
  51. BrianF.
    Apr 17, 2010
    The Big Daddy warehouse shootout was epic.
  52. Kyle
    Apr 17, 2010
    Bad. Ass. One of the best movies to come out in this otherwise dry period. Excellent in every sense, worth watching, and my new personal favorite.
  53. Kim
    Apr 17, 2010
    I honestly thought this movie was hilarious. The movie also wasn't pointless. It had a storyline, had protagonists and antagonists. There was that tiny bit of drama, which mixed in with the comedy that was equalled out with some of the suspense. the movie wasn't cheaply made either. 10/10 no doubt.
  54. NachoC.
    Apr 18, 2010
    Too violent for kids, too dull and undeveloped for adults. This movie was intended for kids to sneak into, not for adults to see. Only redeeming value is its short action and subtle humor. Also it has Nicolas Cage, who is... for lack of a better term, Nicolas Cage.
  55. BaltazarH.
    Apr 18, 2010
    Very enjoyable and original.
  56. GlennM.
    Apr 18, 2010
    Was expecting to see a five and got a ten instead. Took my teenage Son thoroughly expecting to be bored, but was delightfully surprised when the movie turned out to be good. Real good! Would like to see this movie again when it comes out on DVD.
  57. NickK.
    Apr 18, 2010
    Wish it could have had a more interesting plot and back story, but everything else was great and over the top as a comic movie should be!
  58. TomasC.
    Apr 18, 2010
    Wow, this movie really does not deliver on story or violence. I counted just a few minutes of action the rest was boring dialog. I don't know why this movie is rated so high, they seem to be scared of showing the violence. Every scene they cut the blood and limb's shown within a fraction of a second. Its like they want to be violent but don't at the same time. This movie is Wow, this movie really does not deliver on story or violence. I counted just a few minutes of action the rest was boring dialog. I don't know why this movie is rated so high, they seem to be scared of showing the violence. Every scene they cut the blood and limb's shown within a fraction of a second. Its like they want to be violent but don't at the same time. This movie is a terrible comic conversion and not only does it not make any sense it's attempts at being senseless come off as derivative and ultimately this movie is complete garbage. Expand
  59. ChristianM.
    Apr 18, 2010
    Fantastic movie, lived up the comic book's legacy.
  60. MarkL.
    Apr 18, 2010
    Very entertaining and very funny! Highly recommended.
  61. JaredM.
    Apr 19, 2010
    The movie gets dull when focused on Dave, but the action of Hit-Girl and Big-Daddy make this movie awesome.
  62. ScottV
    Apr 19, 2010
    Is this a film about actual superheroes, like Batman and Daredevil, or ordinary mortals pretending to be superheroes? It's based on a Marvel Comic but it doesn't take place in the "Marvel Universe" where costumed superheroes are commonplace. No, it takes place in the actual world. That confusion aside, the worst part of this film (and what made it so unbelievable and tasteless) Is this a film about actual superheroes, like Batman and Daredevil, or ordinary mortals pretending to be superheroes? It's based on a Marvel Comic but it doesn't take place in the "Marvel Universe" where costumed superheroes are commonplace. No, it takes place in the actual world. That confusion aside, the worst part of this film (and what made it so unbelievable and tasteless) is that the most violent scenes are initiated by a foul-mouthed little girl. There's a scene where she enters an apartment full of drug dealers whom she impales with a sword, while dodging their advances with acrobatic stunts. Even worse than that, the audience learns that her father of all people trained her to do this. Towards the end of the film the little girl takes down dozens of armed men single-handedly, and you realize that it would be physically impossible for a little girl (let alone an adult) to do that. So do her impossible stunts prove that this is a superhero film, like Batman and Daredevil? If so, then it Expand
  63. TimK.
    Apr 19, 2010
    While Dave isn't the most engaging character Hit-Girl and Big-Daddy really steal the show. The plot suffices for a comic book movie. Considering that its a comic book movie, it's a pretty good one. Plenty of action and simple dialogue that makes for a fun movie. The action scenes are awesome. Honestly they are some of the most entertaining action scenes I've ever seen. The While Dave isn't the most engaging character Hit-Girl and Big-Daddy really steal the show. The plot suffices for a comic book movie. Considering that its a comic book movie, it's a pretty good one. Plenty of action and simple dialogue that makes for a fun movie. The action scenes are awesome. Honestly they are some of the most entertaining action scenes I've ever seen. The bits of slow-motion thrown in was interesting. I appreciated the style. I'll leave the morally reprehensible stuff to the people who still think that children have innocence. Expand
  64. ThinkingMan
    Apr 21, 2010
    How on EARTH can anyone read Anthony Lane's review in the New Yorker and score it as a 50 out of 100 ? Read it again. It's a zero: he equates Kick Ass with pornography and pedophilia. Someone at metacritic is letting more than a little of their own bias into the scoring. I saw the same thing on wikipedia: the article says the film was well reviewed and goes on to list dozens of How on EARTH can anyone read Anthony Lane's review in the New Yorker and score it as a 50 out of 100 ? Read it again. It's a zero: he equates Kick Ass with pornography and pedophilia. Someone at metacritic is letting more than a little of their own bias into the scoring. I saw the same thing on wikipedia: the article says the film was well reviewed and goes on to list dozens of sharply negative reviews. There is a gap between internet buzz and the true critical response on this film, but that gap is being plastered over by the writers of online review aggregation sites -- who naturally tilt toward a younger person's perspective. I saw the film tonight and although it briefly flirts with cogent satire, ultimately the film-makers do not know what they want to say and settle for exploitation. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt there. Expand
  65. SnowdonGoat
    Apr 20, 2010
    Don't believe the hype. The only things you haven't seen here before are a pretty funny Adam West impression from Cage, and the sight of an eleven year old girl killing henchmen (if that does it for you). The first hour is some pretty lame high-school American-Pie/Superbad-ish comedy that segues into some pretty ill-natured and nasty-edged violence (that is rarely justified). Don't believe the hype. The only things you haven't seen here before are a pretty funny Adam West impression from Cage, and the sight of an eleven year old girl killing henchmen (if that does it for you). The first hour is some pretty lame high-school American-Pie/Superbad-ish comedy that segues into some pretty ill-natured and nasty-edged violence (that is rarely justified). The film never really has the satirical bite it promises and it ends up becoming a pretty standard action movie heavily reliant on guns (I thought this was supposed to be a super-hero movie?!). It also quickly rejects its "real world Expand
  66. PJ
    Apr 22, 2010
    I am appalled this movie received a 66. This was the worst movie I have seen of all time. It's cheesy, boring, and hardly funny at all. Don't waste your money.
  67. johnN.
    Apr 20, 2010
    Loved it. The love reviews are comical. It was fun. Period.
  68. JakeA.
    Apr 23, 2010
    I went into this movie thinking it would be a comedy, but oh was I wrong. The movie keeps you on the edge of your seat with with violent action scenes and when the movie does slow down they hit you with a joke. I suggest going to see this movie while you still can.
  69. AtticusM.
    Apr 24, 2010
    What is not to like about this movie? Brutal violence, great performances, a kick-ass soundtrack and overall one of the best film experiences to come along in a very long time. You will not be disappointed.
  70. ReyneR
    Apr 25, 2010
    I thought Kick-Ass was far better than what I had expected from seeing the previews. I enjoyed the action packed, edge of your seat suspense. Great ending too!
  71. Phil
    Apr 25, 2010
    Hands down the most fun I've ever had in a cinema! (aside from teenage philandering of course).
  72. TilmanB.
    Apr 25, 2010
    Great Movie that realy kicks some ass ;) Nicolas Cage is back in some way...Hit Girl is just outstanding and steals the show, still Kick Ass (Hero) is great.
  73. JustinB
    Apr 27, 2010
    Excellent movie. Was laughing throughout. Definitely recommended.
  74. Cmiles
    Apr 30, 2010
    This film is brilliant even if it does contain Nicolas Cage. and it really did surprise me with just how bloody and brutal it was, while at the same time remaining a really funny film. it is so original and entertaining. I highly recommend getting down to the cinema to watch this one.
  75. DarylL
    Apr 30, 2010
    Watching this movie is a thrill ride!!! The comedy and violence fits perfectly together to make this a highly entertaining film. Hit Girl is half Jedi Knight and half Navy Seal.
  76. JohnK
    Apr 30, 2010
    Seriously one of the best movies of all time. People forget to realize that a movie is purely there to entertain. Seeing some of the more negative reviews seriously disgusts me. The fact that some of these people are paid huge amounts of money just to blabber that since a movie has an 11-year old girl dropping the "c word therefore it sucks and is in poor taste" is just beyond stupid. Seriously one of the best movies of all time. People forget to realize that a movie is purely there to entertain. Seeing some of the more negative reviews seriously disgusts me. The fact that some of these people are paid huge amounts of money just to blabber that since a movie has an 11-year old girl dropping the "c word therefore it sucks and is in poor taste" is just beyond stupid. Yes, this movie is not for everyone, however most audiences that can get past the fact will enjoy it. On top of that, some of the reviews stating that some of the characters show no-emotion is purely absurd. The movie is incredible, ignore the ridiculously negative reviews. I truly hope a sequel is produced (in terms of the comic a trilogy is already planned however for the movie, a sequel is just being talked about at this point). Expand
  77. TylerG
    May 1, 2010
    I don't write reviews, but today I had to come out of my shell to let anyone reading this, know that Kick Ass is probably the best 2 hours you will spend in a movie theater this year.
  78. AntwianF.
    May 17, 2010
    A grown folks comic hero type of movie. i saw the defendor with woody harrelson which is also in the same realm but kick ass does it better!!
  79. Sandman
    May 19, 2010
    It's satire. Brilliantly done. Ignore the norks to whom this cynical pastiche of the superhero genre drew only petted lips and spiteful reviews. Entertaining, casually uproarious, with a couple of LOL moments that you can't help but relate to others with cackling glee. Petulant film students who seek Bergman in every Farrelly will of course peer down their idle noses. Let them It's satire. Brilliantly done. Ignore the norks to whom this cynical pastiche of the superhero genre drew only petted lips and spiteful reviews. Entertaining, casually uproarious, with a couple of LOL moments that you can't help but relate to others with cackling glee. Petulant film students who seek Bergman in every Farrelly will of course peer down their idle noses. Let them bump their gums in fruitless, pointless critique. This is a refreshing gem and well worth the watch. Expand
  80. TylerD
    May 19, 2010
    This is by far the best movie Ive ever seen.
  81. JonW.
    May 22, 2010
    Interesting how everyone is just loving this movie - which is so violent. I was quite disturbed by it, especially as its supposed to be a young girl delivering mayhem. A sign of the times.
  82. BaldurK.
    May 25, 2010
    It was funny as hell! Deserves better than a meta of 66! Really, hell of a better score it should have!
  83. AlanG.
    May 29, 2010
    This movie was FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!!!!! Nuff' Said.
  84. Raf
    May 3, 2010
    Actually saw this movie by accident. Loved every minute of it. If you liked Kill Bill, you'll probably like this. Definitely not for everyone.
  85. HughM.
    Jun 15, 2010
    Not a great movie, but certainly good. Nice acting, smoothly developed, enough thrills balanced with development. A genuinly good movie.
  86. JamesS.
    Jun 15, 2010
    I dont know what Jorge A. is on about, his comment isn't even coherent, this movie is far better than a 2. It was an entertaining take on the superhero genre, 9/10.
  87. Johnny
    Jun 17, 2010
    People who said that this movie was appalling didn't even bother to give it a chance. They say that it wasn't even bold or artistic, but that's because they were too busy complaining about the violence. It IS rated "R"! So don't go insulting it because you get light-headed at the sight of blood. They were bold with the character choices. They were artistic in their People who said that this movie was appalling didn't even bother to give it a chance. They say that it wasn't even bold or artistic, but that's because they were too busy complaining about the violence. It IS rated "R"! So don't go insulting it because you get light-headed at the sight of blood. They were bold with the character choices. They were artistic in their storytelling. And they were funny as hell with the dialogue! Expand
  88. joeblow
    Jun 3, 2010
    Id give it a 10 but nothing is perfect. Great film. Loved it. What else can i say? Go see it. Its awesome.
  89. berban
    Jun 3, 2010
    I couldn't believe the superb balance that this movie achieved between everything it set out to do. I think you'd be pretty hard-pressed to find a comedy with as much sweet action, or an action flick with as much of a character development and satisfying resolution.
  90. JoradT
    Apr 16, 2010
    I really dunno what some of the low scoring critics are smoking. This is a FANTASTIC movie. I very much enjoyed it. What I like about it is the fact that it can almost related to. I'm sure quite a lot of people have at some stage wanted to be a superhero and this demonstrates that really well. Apart from that it's hilarious and excessive. The film never really takes itself too I really dunno what some of the low scoring critics are smoking. This is a FANTASTIC movie. I very much enjoyed it. What I like about it is the fact that it can almost related to. I'm sure quite a lot of people have at some stage wanted to be a superhero and this demonstrates that really well. Apart from that it's hilarious and excessive. The film never really takes itself too seriously. If it does something, it does that to the MAX. Definitely a must see. I'll be waiting anxiously for the DVD. Collapse
  91. AlbertS.
    Apr 16, 2010
    Corney, funny, violent, great all around movie. The music track was perfect in setting the scene. Superb violence, yet not insanely over the top. A fun film to watch with friends.
  92. WilliamM.
    Apr 16, 2010
    This movie is a blast from beginning to end. If you want to go the the movies and watch something to have a good time, this is the movie to watch. Over the top violence, hugely entertaining moments, and of course it's funny. The only people that seemed to dislike this movie missed the point and took Hit-Girl too seriously. I doubt any little girl is going to replicate what happened This movie is a blast from beginning to end. If you want to go the the movies and watch something to have a good time, this is the movie to watch. Over the top violence, hugely entertaining moments, and of course it's funny. The only people that seemed to dislike this movie missed the point and took Hit-Girl too seriously. I doubt any little girl is going to replicate what happened in this movie, this comic-book movie. Expand
  93. FredD.
    Apr 16, 2010
    This is not the godfather, but it's hard not to thoroughly enjoy this movie which oozes fun and brilliant one liners. Had the audience laughing and clapping all the way through, brilliant fun
  94. BernieW.
    Apr 16, 2010
    Awesome film, I think the reviewers who had bad things to say are taking themselves way too seriously. Especially Ebert. I loved the action sequences and it was cool to hear some of the songs in this again. Loved it all around and will probably see it again in theaters.
  95. IanM
    Apr 16, 2010
    Seriously fun movie to watch. The violence was definitely over the top, and that made it even better. Would watch again.
  96. EvinC
    Apr 16, 2010
    Wasn't quite what i expected and it took itself way too seriously. But it was still a pretty awesome flick that one could own. Chloe Moretz is my new hero and Nic Cage has a great little comeback.
  97. WilliamJ.
    Apr 16, 2010
    Too many curse words. Not for kids, but is very funny.
  98. DillonM
    Apr 17, 2010
    Good superhero movies are hard to come by, but Kick Ass removes the super from hero, and destroys any and all doubts about this movie being dumb and bloody. Lines are reminiscent of Superbad, dripping wit. The characters are real enough to relate to, and crazy enough to cheer for. The action is perfectly set up. It can often reach a level of hilarity by being extremely absurd. The Good superhero movies are hard to come by, but Kick Ass removes the super from hero, and destroys any and all doubts about this movie being dumb and bloody. Lines are reminiscent of Superbad, dripping wit. The characters are real enough to relate to, and crazy enough to cheer for. The action is perfectly set up. It can often reach a level of hilarity by being extremely absurd. The "super"heroes Hit-Girl and Big Daddy steal the show, being a perfect father-daughter duo. Their life style is "questionable" to say the least, but this adds to the movie. Aaron Johnson captures the geekiness of Dave Lizewski perfectly. Every part of this movie is picture-perfect. Action, comedy, acting, absurdity. If you like movies, this is a must-see. Expand
  99. JoshE
    Apr 17, 2010
    Absolutely not for children. Not for adults who can't turn on their fantasy/not reality brain. For people who want to have fun watching an amazing little girl shoot, stab, slice, and wisecrack though a lot of bad guys. "Kick-Ass" is a very dark, very funny, look at what "real-life" super heroes might be like. Hit-Girl may not be the main character of the movie, but she's the Absolutely not for children. Not for adults who can't turn on their fantasy/not reality brain. For people who want to have fun watching an amazing little girl shoot, stab, slice, and wisecrack though a lot of bad guys. "Kick-Ass" is a very dark, very funny, look at what "real-life" super heroes might be like. Hit-Girl may not be the main character of the movie, but she's the main thing you'll be talking about when you leave. Add the rest of the characters to Hit Girl, the story, and the production quality, and you've got a movie like you've never seen. Awesome! Expand
  100. DavidP
    Apr 17, 2010
    Chloe Moretz delivers a wonderful performance, and all the buzz about a 12 year old actress engaging in the ultraviolence of her role is, I think, very overblown. But all this misses the point. In the end, when she and Nic Cage aren't on screen, the film is just a dull amalgam of superhero spoof and highschool comedy. And it's not very funny, either.

1. A clever movie premise based on an obscure comic book has been turned into, okay we’ll say it, a fanboy’s kick-ass wet dream of a movie that could be a surprise Spring smash.
    A ridiculously entertaining, perfectly paced, ultra-violent cinematic rush that kicks the places other movies struggle to reach.
  3. Its balancing act between innocence and gore perfectly matches the expectations of genre fans, who should embrace the movie.