8.4

1. Dec 30, 2011
    Kick- Ass offers an unforgettable performance from Chloe Moretz, gore, action and humor and the whole movie just bathes in profanity I give this movie 86%.
  2. Feb 15, 2012
    Kick-Ass is very funny and interesting movie ! I like it very much and I give to it 10 from 10 ! I am loking forward for second part!
  3. Aug 14, 2010
    Movie was awesome. A few great moments; Cage burning up for example. Hit Girl definitely stole the show though, she was too good. Her acting was solid.
  4. ZiezK.
    Apr 20, 2010
    This film was fantastic and everything I hoped it would be. I had never read the comic but this film was amazing. The acting was great, the visuals, fight scenes, and gore were top of the line.
  5. May 9, 2012
    Kick-Ass is without question the best of the recent trend of postmodern superhero films. It's not mercilessly bleak like Watchmen, not depraved like Super and it's certainly not for kids like Sky High. A lot of the film's quality hinges on a truly great cast. Aaron Johnson makes a great loveable loser Dave Lizewski who decides to become the titular, wet-suited hero, Mark Strong addsKick-Ass is without question the best of the recent trend of postmodern superhero films. It's not mercilessly bleak like Watchmen, not depraved like Super and it's certainly not for kids like Sky High. A lot of the film's quality hinges on a truly great cast. Aaron Johnson makes a great loveable loser Dave Lizewski who decides to become the titular, wet-suited hero, Mark Strong adds another great despicable villain, the powerful gangster Frank D'Amico to his repertoire and Christopher Mintz-Plasse is great as always playing Frank's lonely son and (disturbingly willing) heir to the D'Amico criminal empire, who masquerades as a new hero Red Mist to contact Kick-Ass under the pretence of friendship. The real highlights of the film are the dream pairing of a moustachioed Nicholas Cage doing his best Adam West impression and a hilariously filthy-mouthed Chloe Grace Moretz playing the vengeful father/daughter hero team of Big Daddy and Hit Girl. Let's be honest, Mr Cage has had some stinkers in his career, but when he gets it right, he really gets it right - he has the opportunity to show his undeniable talent for both comedy and pathos here, and the character arc of Damon and Mindy Macready is certainly the most rewarding and entertaining of the whole film. There are a few instances where the story runs out of steam, and Matthew Vaughn's Brit-dominated cast of villains do occasionally slip out of their American tough-guy accents, but a wealth of affectionate digs at comic book lore, Jane Goldman's delightfully sweary script, some gloriously violent action and Matthew Vaughn's accomplished direction more than make up for it. Kick-Ass is an immensely enjoyable viewing experience, that will please comic fans, comedy fans and fans of terrifying murderous tweens alike. I just hope the inevitable sequel doesn't lose any of its charm, inventiveness and especially its sense of fun. Expand
  6. BrianF.
    Apr 17, 2010
    The Big Daddy warehouse shootout was epic.
  7. johnN.
    Apr 20, 2010
    Loved it. The love reviews are comical. It was fun. Period.
  8. JakeA.
    Apr 23, 2010
    I went into this movie thinking it would be a comedy, but oh was I wrong. The movie keeps you on the edge of your seat with with violent action scenes and when the movie does slow down they hit you with a joke. I suggest going to see this movie while you still can.
  9. AtticusM.
    Apr 24, 2010
    What is not to like about this movie? Brutal violence, great performances, a kick-ass soundtrack and overall one of the best film experiences to come along in a very long time. You will not be disappointed.
  10. JustinB
    Apr 27, 2010
    Excellent movie. Was laughing throughout. Definitely recommended.
  11. Oct 11, 2011
    Holy **** **** does this movie rule. The first time, it felt a little of the edge and all over the place. But as I rewatched it, I absolutely acknowledged its awesomeness. I knew what I was getting myself into, but holy **** It's better than any action movie from last year. Or any comedy. It's breath-taking. captivating, stunning, hilarious, beautifully perverse and all around fantastic.Holy **** **** does this movie rule. The first time, it felt a little of the edge and all over the place. But as I rewatched it, I absolutely acknowledged its awesomeness. I knew what I was getting myself into, but holy **** It's better than any action movie from last year. Or any comedy. It's breath-taking. captivating, stunning, hilarious, beautifully perverse and all around fantastic. What Matthew Vaughn did to the superhero genre was take it, **** it and out plopped the greatest action movie of 2010. The acting is supreme - I'll never find a hitgirl beter than Chloe Grace Moretz -, the editing, jaw droppingly terrific, the directing and writing, pants-****tingly great. It's ****ing perfect. I can't really find any faults or problems with it. IT IS ****ING AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you Matthew Vaughn. In a non gay/platonic way. Expand
  12. Aug 28, 2011
    Kick-Ass, despite all its grandiose, action, pop songs, violence, swearing, humor, and commentary, ends up to a film that simply wants to be cool and doesn't know when to stop. Eventually, all this effort and need to be important kills any sense of wonder, and the final product comes up as rather tame. The violence never has any punch because it is so forced (without the creative wit ofKick-Ass, despite all its grandiose, action, pop songs, violence, swearing, humor, and commentary, ends up to a film that simply wants to be cool and doesn't know when to stop. Eventually, all this effort and need to be important kills any sense of wonder, and the final product comes up as rather tame. The violence never has any punch because it is so forced (without the creative wit of some like Quentin Tarantino, it comes across as shock), and the comedy is too wink-and-a-nod to entertain. Expand
  13. Dec 17, 2011
    I'm just going to write a short review as I'm watching it at the moment for the third time today. This film is realistic as in it could happen. It is so funny. Everytime I watch it I laugh louder. The soundtrack is the best ever in the film and I listen to whilst playing MW3 multiplayer. Nicholas Cage and Chloe Moretz should have got an oscar for this spectacular performance.
  14. Dec 16, 2011
    In my opinion this is the greatest movie ever made. The actors are so easy to fall in love with, and i think that is one of the most important aspects of this movie. The music in this is phenomenal and to me remains the greatest score ever. I would just like to thank Matthew Vaughn for the brilliant directing, Danny Elfmen, Henry Jackman, John Murphy, Marius De Vries and IIan Eshkeri forIn my opinion this is the greatest movie ever made. The actors are so easy to fall in love with, and i think that is one of the most important aspects of this movie. The music in this is phenomenal and to me remains the greatest score ever. I would just like to thank Matthew Vaughn for the brilliant directing, Danny Elfmen, Henry Jackman, John Murphy, Marius De Vries and IIan Eshkeri for the mindblowingly amazing music they created. And last but certainly not least i would like to thank Aaron Johnson, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Mark Strong, Nicolas Cage and Chloe Moretz, you did what knowone predicted and that's act like nothing before. Thankyou for making this dream a reality Expand
  15. Apr 15, 2012
    What can I say about this movies that was not already said ?

It is simply awesome. I saw it 3 or 4 times and each time I discover new details that make me think that I will need to watch it again. What an entertainment !
  16. Mar 18, 2013
    Kick Ass is awesome. Period. No questions asked. This film brings life to people that love superheroes in a cool way, I mean look at the action scenes! They are damn good! Kick Ass is a really well done movie and I really can't wait for the next part. Kick ass has those Hollywood elements that director Matthew Vaughn has put together, with cool weapons and jetpacks! The story or plot aboutKick Ass is awesome. Period. No questions asked. This film brings life to people that love superheroes in a cool way, I mean look at the action scenes! They are damn good! Kick Ass is a really well done movie and I really can't wait for the next part. Kick ass has those Hollywood elements that director Matthew Vaughn has put together, with cool weapons and jetpacks! The story or plot about Dave Liwinzki has been put together real good and the characters like Mindy and Big Daddy are the major elements for the movie to thrive. The film has emotions, action and lots of it, gore and man a lot of gore, and superheroes saving the city from ruthless drug crime lords. If you haven't seen or finished the movie, watch the climax. Expand
  17. Mar 16, 2013
    Kick Ass is not a superhero, but just a normal college kid hoping to become a bad ass hero! He thinks he's a pretty big deal after his video went viral, but then he meets Hit Girl and Big Daddy, the real superheroes. The movie is very well filmed, with even yet colorful detail and an interesting story.
  18. Oct 14, 2013
    Like all good action films kick-ass contains strong gory violence and outrageous comedy. Kick ass explodes to life with amazing special effects and hilarious scenes that will keep you entertained for the 117 mins of run time. Kick-ass kicks spiderman and superman in the ass. literally. You will have never scene a superhero film like this. This movie is definitely worth watching, and ifLike all good action films kick-ass contains strong gory violence and outrageous comedy. Kick ass explodes to life with amazing special effects and hilarious scenes that will keep you entertained for the 117 mins of run time. Kick-ass kicks spiderman and superman in the ass. literally. You will have never scene a superhero film like this. This movie is definitely worth watching, and if you like superheroes, action, strong violence and comedy moments that will surely make you laugh, It is about time you see a movie that kicks ass. Kick-ass is the film4u. Expand
  19. Dec 23, 2013
    Kick-Ass is my favorite movie of all time, tied with Donnie Darko. Kick-Ass is truly amazing, and I love every second of it. The idea is unique, and is executed beautifully. The movie is hilarious, serious, sad, action-packed, brilliant and mesmerizing. Kick-Ass truly kicked MY ass, and there's really nothing more to say. If you have not seen this movie, then you really f*cking need to. 10/10
  20. Sep 21, 2011
    Now, what "Kick Ass" presents to us is the new era of superheroes; it screws the old, classical heroes like "Batman", "Spiderman", and "Superman", and delivers addictive violence and superheroes that actually have a normal story with a normal goal. The movie is stunning and powerful. However, it is Chloe Moretz, the girl who was Hit Girl, that bloodied up the screen for the cravingNow, what "Kick Ass" presents to us is the new era of superheroes; it screws the old, classical heroes like "Batman", "Spiderman", and "Superman", and delivers addictive violence and superheroes that actually have a normal story with a normal goal. The movie is stunning and powerful. However, it is Chloe Moretz, the girl who was Hit Girl, that bloodied up the screen for the craving audience. This film certainly DOES kick ass! Expand
  21. Oct 9, 2010
    "Kick Ass , As far as Action films go , is amazing , stunning , and will keep you entertained for its 2hr run time , which sometimes maybe hard to do , Aaron Johnson leads a all star cast , with lots of action , fun and Excitement this is the one movie that lives up to its TITLE!." A
  22. Sep 8, 2010
    I'm not ashamed to admit this is one of my favorite movies of all time. The entire premise is ridiculous, but the movie takes itself so seriously that it feels like an actual attempt to make a super hero movie.
  23. DavidP
    Apr 17, 2010
    Chloe Moretz delivers a wonderful performance, and all the buzz about a 12 year old actress engaging in the ultraviolence of her role is, I think, very overblown. But all this misses the point. In the end, when she and Nic Cage aren't on screen, the film is just a dull amalgam of superhero spoof and highschool comedy. And it's not very funny, either.
  24. Aug 12, 2010
    Kick Ass is actually a great movie. Many will love it, since it might be "the goriest superhero movie" I can understand that the whole base of it, is stupid, but refreshingly entertaining
  25. Sep 8, 2010
    I reward it a "The Best Action Movie In 2010"
  26. Aug 28, 2010
    An imaginative reboot of the superhero story with some cool visuals. I hate superhero stories at this point but this ranks in the top four of all time on my list, behind The Dark Knight, Iron Man and Spiderman 2, although this may be better than S2. Chloe Moretz is a very cool young actress.
  27. Aug 18, 2010
    I can't quite agree with most of the tut-tutting critics. I admit that several things in the film made me raise an eyebrow, and it did make me think, because I've never seen stuff like an 11-year old girl swearing like a truck driver and killing people in brutally violent ways in a film. Ultimately I think the ones crying "for shame!" are over-reacting just a tad. The film does puts itsI can't quite agree with most of the tut-tutting critics. I admit that several things in the film made me raise an eyebrow, and it did make me think, because I've never seen stuff like an 11-year old girl swearing like a truck driver and killing people in brutally violent ways in a film. Ultimately I think the ones crying "for shame!" are over-reacting just a tad. The film does puts its toes to the line, but for me it doesn't quite cross it. And let's face it, it's a funny, clever idea, extremely well executed. It doesn't make the mistake of many such films by diving into the action immediately before we've gotten to know the characters. People are oblivious to the fact that it makes it more exciting if we care about what happens to them, if it's not just frenetic mindless action. Vaughn takes his time and his pacing is impeccable, just the right amount of build-up to the climactic scenes, and he deftly makes these scenes emotional as well as exciting. The cast is pretty much great, with the possible exception of Mark Strong, who is not quite loathesome enough to be the arch-villain. Every critic and every "user", however, has agreed on one thing: this film contains a star in the making. Chloe Grace Moretz is astoundingly assured and inspired at 11 years old. Never seen a child actor this compelling EVER, not Anna Paquin, not Natalie Portman, not Jodie Foster. She steals every scene she's in and steals the movie. See it just for her. Also, great music. Expand
  28. Sep 10, 2010
    Holy **** this movie is **** amazing. It starts out kinda ****ty and mediocre and then it just suddenly cranks the awesomeness to 11. An amazing story that comes up with a truly unique answer to the question, why aren't their any superheroes?
  29. DanielC
    Apr 20, 2010
    Seriously, average review of 66? This film was funny, had some of the best action sequences I've ever seen, and was presented very well, some amazing song choices for the soundtrack. Its hard hitting in places too. I was genuinely surprised to see the fairly average score of 66 on here.
  30. m0trenurt
    Apr 30, 2010
    The critics obviously need a lesson in whats good about a movie. No one cares about your moral outrage or your political correctness. Im just glad you lot werent in the focus greoup for this film. This film is fun and thats one of the most important things about main stream media. If this movie offends you, you need to take along hard look at what your life has become.

1. A clever movie premise based on an obscure comic book has been turned into, okay we’ll say it, a fanboy’s kick-ass wet dream of a movie that could be a surprise Spring smash.
    A ridiculously entertaining, perfectly paced, ultra-violent cinematic rush that kicks the places other movies struggle to reach.
  3. Reviewed by: John Defore
    Its balancing act between innocence and gore perfectly matches the expectations of genre fans, who should embrace the movie.