8.4

1. KennyM.
    Apr 16, 2010
    Original, funny and violent - this is a superb film. Watch out for the fabulous use of the songs.
  2. Chris
    Apr 17, 2010
    Any of the critic´s who gave this a score lower then 60 doesn't know what a good movie is when they watch it! This movie is ultra-violent, it got amazing stunts, and is very very funny! This movie is defiantly on the number 1 spot on Movie Of The Year!
  3. BrianM.
    Apr 18, 2010
    A movie which defies catagorization. Is it violent? -- excessively. Is it vulgar? -- extremely. Is it obscene? -- undoubtably. But what seperates it from other low-brow movies is its surprising and ironic sense of charm and warmth. Satirizing the whole superhero concept, "Kick-Ass" delivers some interesting characters (however morally ambigous) as well as some gripping action sequences. A movie which defies catagorization. Is it violent? -- excessively. Is it vulgar? -- extremely. Is it obscene? -- undoubtably. But what seperates it from other low-brow movies is its surprising and ironic sense of charm and warmth. Satirizing the whole superhero concept, "Kick-Ass" delivers some interesting characters (however morally ambigous) as well as some gripping action sequences. The movie intends to shock -- but not for the purpose of offending, but rather to celebrate and laugh at the absurd (ala Camus). All and all, "Kick-Ass" builds a gradual momentum of excitment culminating in some of the best action scenes since "The Dark Knight" -- a thoroughly entertaining experience. Expand
  4. SteelR.
    Apr 30, 2010
    Don't go in expecting to see a serious superheroes movie along the lines of Ironman. This is a very tongue in cheek/ hard hitting film that rocks.
  5. KeriN
    May 6, 2010
    Fantastic movie. If you can't stand gore and cursing, don't watch it. If a child cussing and blowing out someone's brains would make your stomach turn, don't watch it. If you have the bits to watch a little girl in a messed up situation being genuinely awesome while remaining lovable, instead of a sweet and innocent little victim, watch it. If you like comic books. Fantastic movie. If you can't stand gore and cursing, don't watch it. If a child cussing and blowing out someone's brains would make your stomach turn, don't watch it. If you have the bits to watch a little girl in a messed up situation being genuinely awesome while remaining lovable, instead of a sweet and innocent little victim, watch it. If you like comic books. Watch it. And darnit, if you like a good movie, WATCH IT! Ten stars! Expand
  6. DesmondM.
    Apr 16, 2010
    This movie is an all-out riot, you will have a great time watching it. Hit girl is the coolest and most badass little person I have ever seen. A definite must see! and has awesome soundtrack.
  7. DougE
    Apr 16, 2010
    This is a Disney movie where kids have adult roles and are powerful, and a Tarantino ultraviolent movie. I loved hearing the Banana Splits song. again One of the best action movies of all time.
  8. GeorgeN
    Apr 17, 2010
    Entertaining and violent as can be. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time! Not for kids under 17.
  9. ShawnL
    Apr 18, 2010
    Went in looking for an entertaining action movie. Left the theater with that and more. A pleasant surprise to say the least. Ignore the "pro"-critics. What do they know anyway?
  10. Ver
    Apr 18, 2010
    Greatly entertaining movie. Definitely check it out!
  11. Snoopyblue
    Apr 18, 2010
    This movie was bad-ass so entertaining and fun to watch. Go see this movie you haven't yet. It is def worth watching.
  12. MichaelB.
    Apr 19, 2010
    This movie is f***ing awesome. there are parts where it drags but they usally throw a joke to even it out. but hitgirl and big daddy really steal the show. whenever they are one screen there is only one word "EPIC". their sub-plot although designed as a plot device for the main plots execution probably could have been its own movie had they wanted to develop it fully.
  13. ChadS.
    Apr 19, 2010
    The Atari 2600 hit the marketplace in 1977. Two years later, Barbara Ann Spencer, a schoolgirl, opened fire on a group of elementary-aged children as if they were space invaders. Shortly after the killing spree, Spencer was quoted as saying, "I did it for the fun of it. I don't like..." In "Kick-Ass", the first-person shooting game is co-opted into film language, as Mindy(Chloe Grace The Atari 2600 hit the marketplace in 1977. Two years later, Barbara Ann Spencer, a schoolgirl, opened fire on a group of elementary-aged children as if they were space invaders. Shortly after the killing spree, Spencer was quoted as saying, "I did it for the fun of it. I don't like..." In "Kick-Ass", the first-person shooting game is co-opted into film language, as Mindy(Chloe Grace Moretz in a bravura performance) uses night-vision goggles(like Buffalo Bill in Jonathan Demme's "The Silence of the Lambs") to pick off her targets. Donning her Hit Girl getup, Mindy is practically a cipher: an Xbox, X chromosome avatar who for the most part shows no remorse toward her victims. Despite being bad guys, the young girl's emotional detchment throughout each bloody ordeal makes Mindy seem more like a psychopath than a superhero. Spencer, who was the inspiration for The Boomtown Rats' new wave classic "I Don't Like Mondays", is inadvertently evoked through Hit Girl's purple wig, in which purple, the color most associated with Prince, brings us back to Monday. (Prince wrote "Manic Monday" for The Bangles.) With Mindy's violent upbringing, the "enfant terrible" shouldn't be anywhere near school perimeters, but "Kick-Ass" is a comic book movie(albeit a superior one) and doesn't factor in such realities of child development. Since the anti-social girl has little regard for the sanctity of human life, there's always the possibility of Mindy summoning up her alter-ego to protect the weak from a mean cheerleader or surly jock with cataclysmic results. In the classic new wave song, Geldof, who could be describing Big Daddy(Nicolas Cage) as he takes aim at his daughter, writes: "And school's out early and soon we'll be learning/And the lesson today is how to die." Dave(Aaron Johnson) is not a licensed psychotherapist; he can't teach Mindy how to live. As for the profanity, Moretz has nothing on Natalie Portman, who in Ted Demme's "Beautiful Girls", says, "So you're the alcoholic high school buddy s*** for brains," to a chagrined Michael Rappaport. Expand
  14. WillieR.
    Apr 19, 2010
    Chloe Moretz is deserving of a Oscar nomination for sure. This movie if nothing else teaches there are always repercussions for our actions. Great action, good story and the fall-out from Kick-ass
  15. NateH.
    Apr 20, 2010
    Anyone who doesn't feel something when Kick-ass saves that guy from being beaten and explains his motives is dead inside. Stop being uptight and enjoy the movie.
  16. HarryN
    Apr 24, 2010
    When I first saw the commercials It didn't even come close to catching my attention but after all the adds shoving it down my throat it seemed watchable. It worked and I'm glad I saw it. Truly Amazing don't listen to the critics on this one. Must see in theatres.
  17. ZiezK.
    Apr 20, 2010
    This film was fantastic and everything I hoped it would be. I had never read the comic but this film was amazing. The acting was great, the visuals, fight scenes, and gore were top of the line.
  18. AfdhalH
    Apr 30, 2010
    I was overwhelmed when the movie's first week score to be 86%, higher than Avatar! So, I decided to bust my curiosity by going to the local cinema myself. How impressed am I on the movie as I barely sat down my bottom on the sear. I was hooked up with the movie. There were elements of HILARIOUSNESS, GROSS, SADNESS, ADRENALINE RUSH, and SUSPENSE..all in ONE movie. Great movie!! I was overwhelmed when the movie's first week score to be 86%, higher than Avatar! So, I decided to bust my curiosity by going to the local cinema myself. How impressed am I on the movie as I barely sat down my bottom on the sear. I was hooked up with the movie. There were elements of HILARIOUSNESS, GROSS, SADNESS, ADRENALINE RUSH, and SUSPENSE..all in ONE movie. Great movie!! Contender for the movie of the year and cant wait for the release of the BluRay. Expand
  19. trevorh.
    May 1, 2010
    Maintains a tight balance between awkward teen comedy and brutal violence. and i mean brutal. not since Kill Bill has a movie been so over-the-top gory. if you think, as i do and i'm sure many others as well, that superhero movies have begun taking themselves too seriously (after the Dark Knight), then do yourself a favor and see this movie. it's an adrenaline rush from start to finish.
  20. TomW.
    May 21, 2010
    This movie is beyond awesome i read the comic first and even if there was made some changes to the movie it still Kick-Ass ,and Chloë Moretz is amazing as Hit-Girl.
  21. GavinP.
    May 23, 2010
    Highly entertaining, well worth watching.
  22. LeoS
    May 6, 2010
    A wonderful violent but very funny film, too! interesting characters und a very very nice story! just perfect!
  23. EddieM
    Apr 16, 2010
    Amazing movie, the best ive seen since the dark knight! I feel that watching this movie made me realize you dont need anything to be a superhero. The acting was flawless, and I had to say, Hit Girl stole the show, but Aaron Johnson as Kick Ass was my favorite person, and for one reason, at the end which im not going to give away. But my favorite 5 films of all time. Definitely going to Amazing movie, the best ive seen since the dark knight! I feel that watching this movie made me realize you dont need anything to be a superhero. The acting was flawless, and I had to say, Hit Girl stole the show, but Aaron Johnson as Kick Ass was my favorite person, and for one reason, at the end which im not going to give away. But my favorite 5 films of all time. Definitely going to buy the soundtrack! Expand
  24. TedF
    Apr 16, 2010
    Kick ass is my favorite movie of all time I loved the fighting comedy and action actors were great mertz was amazing.
  25. HishamI.
    Apr 16, 2010
    This movie is fantastic. It blends comedy, violence and emotion and delivers it in a nice package. Each actor did a solid job in capturing the essence of the characters. All I got to say is you must watch this movie, because it will show you a good time.
  26. GD
    Apr 17, 2010
    Amazing movie. Ultra violent. This is not Superbad mixed with spider-man. Its Pulp Fiction mixed with Sin City. Funny, deeply disturbing but an amazing experience the whole way through.
  27. James
    Apr 17, 2010
    A shockingly entertaining movie! Don't listen to those negative reviews, in fact most of those sounded like they were looking for something else entirely. The movie has laughs and some great action scenes and with characters you can't believe you are rooting for.
  28. MattW.
    Apr 17, 2010
    About half way though i realized this movie was incredible. Being now, my new favorite movie of all time, i think its up there with dark knight as being one of the greatest movies of our generation.
  29. BrianF.
    Apr 17, 2010
    The Big Daddy warehouse shootout was epic.
  30. Kyle
    Apr 17, 2010
    Bad. Ass. One of the best movies to come out in this otherwise dry period. Excellent in every sense, worth watching, and my new personal favorite.
  31. Kim
    Apr 17, 2010
    I honestly thought this movie was hilarious. The movie also wasn't pointless. It had a storyline, had protagonists and antagonists. There was that tiny bit of drama, which mixed in with the comedy that was equalled out with some of the suspense. the movie wasn't cheaply made either. 10/10 no doubt.
  32. GlennM.
    Apr 18, 2010
    Was expecting to see a five and got a ten instead. Took my teenage Son thoroughly expecting to be bored, but was delightfully surprised when the movie turned out to be good. Real good! Would like to see this movie again when it comes out on DVD.
  33. ChristianM.
    Apr 18, 2010
    Fantastic movie, lived up the comic book's legacy.
  34. johnN.
    Apr 20, 2010
    Loved it. The love reviews are comical. It was fun. Period.
  35. JakeA.
    Apr 23, 2010
    I went into this movie thinking it would be a comedy, but oh was I wrong. The movie keeps you on the edge of your seat with with violent action scenes and when the movie does slow down they hit you with a joke. I suggest going to see this movie while you still can.
  36. AtticusM.
    Apr 24, 2010
    What is not to like about this movie? Brutal violence, great performances, a kick-ass soundtrack and overall one of the best film experiences to come along in a very long time. You will not be disappointed.
  37. Phil
    Apr 25, 2010
    Hands down the most fun I've ever had in a cinema! (aside from teenage philandering of course).
  38. TilmanB.
    Apr 25, 2010
    Great Movie that realy kicks some ass ;) Nicolas Cage is back in some way...Hit Girl is just outstanding and steals the show, still Kick Ass (Hero) is great.
  39. Cmiles
    Apr 30, 2010
    This film is brilliant even if it does contain Nicolas Cage. and it really did surprise me with just how bloody and brutal it was, while at the same time remaining a really funny film. it is so original and entertaining. I highly recommend getting down to the cinema to watch this one.
  40. DarylL
    Apr 30, 2010
    Watching this movie is a thrill ride!!! The comedy and violence fits perfectly together to make this a highly entertaining film. Hit Girl is half Jedi Knight and half Navy Seal.
  41. JohnK
    Apr 30, 2010
    Seriously one of the best movies of all time. People forget to realize that a movie is purely there to entertain. Seeing some of the more negative reviews seriously disgusts me. The fact that some of these people are paid huge amounts of money just to blabber that since a movie has an 11-year old girl dropping the "c word therefore it sucks and is in poor taste" is just beyond stupid. Seriously one of the best movies of all time. People forget to realize that a movie is purely there to entertain. Seeing some of the more negative reviews seriously disgusts me. The fact that some of these people are paid huge amounts of money just to blabber that since a movie has an 11-year old girl dropping the "c word therefore it sucks and is in poor taste" is just beyond stupid. Yes, this movie is not for everyone, however most audiences that can get past the fact will enjoy it. On top of that, some of the reviews stating that some of the characters show no-emotion is purely absurd. The movie is incredible, ignore the ridiculously negative reviews. I truly hope a sequel is produced (in terms of the comic a trilogy is already planned however for the movie, a sequel is just being talked about at this point). Expand
  42. TylerG
    May 1, 2010
    I don't write reviews, but today I had to come out of my shell to let anyone reading this, know that Kick Ass is probably the best 2 hours you will spend in a movie theater this year.
  43. TylerD
    May 19, 2010
    This is by far the best movie Ive ever seen.
  44. berban
    Jun 3, 2010
    I couldn't believe the superb balance that this movie achieved between everything it set out to do. I think you'd be pretty hard-pressed to find a comedy with as much sweet action, or an action flick with as much of a character development and satisfying resolution.
  45. WilliamM.
    Apr 16, 2010
    This movie is a blast from beginning to end. If you want to go the the movies and watch something to have a good time, this is the movie to watch. Over the top violence, hugely entertaining moments, and of course it's funny. The only people that seemed to dislike this movie missed the point and took Hit-Girl too seriously. I doubt any little girl is going to replicate what happened This movie is a blast from beginning to end. If you want to go the the movies and watch something to have a good time, this is the movie to watch. Over the top violence, hugely entertaining moments, and of course it's funny. The only people that seemed to dislike this movie missed the point and took Hit-Girl too seriously. I doubt any little girl is going to replicate what happened in this movie, this comic-book movie. Expand
  46. BernieW.
    Apr 16, 2010
    Awesome film, I think the reviewers who had bad things to say are taking themselves way too seriously. Especially Ebert. I loved the action sequences and it was cool to hear some of the songs in this again. Loved it all around and will probably see it again in theaters.
  47. WilliamJ.
    Apr 16, 2010
    Too many curse words. Not for kids, but is very funny.
  48. DillonM
    Apr 17, 2010
    Good superhero movies are hard to come by, but Kick Ass removes the super from hero, and destroys any and all doubts about this movie being dumb and bloody. Lines are reminiscent of Superbad, dripping wit. The characters are real enough to relate to, and crazy enough to cheer for. The action is perfectly set up. It can often reach a level of hilarity by being extremely absurd. The Good superhero movies are hard to come by, but Kick Ass removes the super from hero, and destroys any and all doubts about this movie being dumb and bloody. Lines are reminiscent of Superbad, dripping wit. The characters are real enough to relate to, and crazy enough to cheer for. The action is perfectly set up. It can often reach a level of hilarity by being extremely absurd. The "super"heroes Hit-Girl and Big Daddy steal the show, being a perfect father-daughter duo. Their life style is "questionable" to say the least, but this adds to the movie. Aaron Johnson captures the geekiness of Dave Lizewski perfectly. Every part of this movie is picture-perfect. Action, comedy, acting, absurdity. If you like movies, this is a must-see. Expand
  49. EdP
    Apr 17, 2010
    Damn good movie! Will probably want to read the comics now.
  50. AustinT
    Apr 17, 2010
    This movie is so careless with its humor that you can't help but join the ride of wild violence, gore, and toilet comedy and if you go with the flow you will have a great time with the movie.
  51. MariusJ.
    Apr 18, 2010
    This movie is freaking awesome. Deserves at least an 80/100. Perfectly paced, comical, sad, intense, action filled.
  52. JoeR.
    Apr 18, 2010
    Original. Funny. Extremely graphic and violent. It felt like an amazing gasp of fresh air. Simply a great piece of entertainment.
  53. MargoB
    Apr 22, 2010
    Outstanding. Smart as hell and gloriously beautiful filmmaking. The performances are uniformly great.
  54. KyleC
    Apr 23, 2010
    A great movie that never stops being fun. Chloe Moretz gave an incredible performance as "Hit-Girl," and Nicolas Cage was great in his zaniest off-the-wall role as "Big Daddy." It got my juices pumping. Go see.
  55. SamR.
    Apr 24, 2010
    I loved this movie great action great plot and it was funny, the language was colorful and all was good.
  56. TonyT
    Apr 24, 2010
    FABULOUSLY ENTERTAINING. great for those who read the comics, only six of them anyway, and great for those who just want to see because the name is censored by some companies lol.
  57. TylerG
    Apr 28, 2010
  58. DanielR.
    Apr 29, 2010
    The reason I rate the film a perfect ten is not because it's perfect; because it is not. I would generally give Kick-Ass a 9/10 or maybe even an 8/10, but the user score read 8.3, which Kick-Ass deserves better than. I honestly thought that the film was by far the most violent and purely entertaining movie I have ever seen. The acting seems to be fairly genuine, the plot a little The reason I rate the film a perfect ten is not because it's perfect; because it is not. I would generally give Kick-Ass a 9/10 or maybe even an 8/10, but the user score read 8.3, which Kick-Ass deserves better than. I honestly thought that the film was by far the most violent and purely entertaining movie I have ever seen. The acting seems to be fairly genuine, the plot a little ridiculous, but I would see it a hundred times over, as several others probably would. Expand
  59. SachinP
    May 17, 2010
    This is a brilliant film - I think the low critic's score shows just how out of touch and snooty critics are. They wouldn't know a good film if it hit them on the head.
  60. MichaelL.
    May 21, 2010
    This film does bring up topics the other films don't even mention. The first 30 minutes may seem like a generic comedy or "hero movie in reality", but after interesting characters and events are added, it delivers a totally different from just a comedy. Anyone interested in ti should watch it, unless you are a parent that complains on your son/ daughter cursing and playing too many This film does bring up topics the other films don't even mention. The first 30 minutes may seem like a generic comedy or "hero movie in reality", but after interesting characters and events are added, it delivers a totally different from just a comedy. Anyone interested in ti should watch it, unless you are a parent that complains on your son/ daughter cursing and playing too many violent video games because you'll be very disappointed by knowing how dark this world is. Expand
  61. Aug 11, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Kick-Ass The past decade has offered many successful comic adaptations, which not only nail the feel of the comic, but also entertain fans and audiences alike. In 2008 we were given The Dark Knight which is undoubtedly the most successful comic adaptation of all time, but the newest adaptation Kick-Ass could very well be held to The Dark Knightâ Expand
  62. Aug 28, 2010
    Kick-Ass is a beautifully well done superhero film of the year with lots of laughs and gushes with lots of blood. I love the cast,especially the new actor who played Kick-Ass character was very good and he could be the new star for the 2010's. I love Nicholas Cage playing bad ass superhero who crosses between Batman and Nightowl. The young girl who plays the Hit-Girl and I give this girlKick-Ass is a beautifully well done superhero film of the year with lots of laughs and gushes with lots of blood. I love the cast,especially the new actor who played Kick-Ass character was very good and he could be the new star for the 2010's. I love Nicholas Cage playing bad ass superhero who crosses between Batman and Nightowl. The young girl who plays the Hit-Girl and I give this girl for credit for doing some action scenes and beats the s*** all over those bad guys. It has lots of dark humor and seriously scenes between being a superhero it's a real thing or not? But I enjoy this movie and really love it for my best 2010 films on my list. Expand
  63. Jun 4, 2011
    Both the favorable and unfavorable reviews miss the moral question at the center of Vaughn's film: why are we bystanders? Kick-Ass' world is riotous, self-deprecating, and awesome; but it is the exact opposite of irresponsible. Rather, it unmasks an adult world in which police officers operate on both sides of crime, citizens are voyeurs into one another's suffering, and we all wonderBoth the favorable and unfavorable reviews miss the moral question at the center of Vaughn's film: why are we bystanders? Kick-Ass' world is riotous, self-deprecating, and awesome; but it is the exact opposite of irresponsible. Rather, it unmasks an adult world in which police officers operate on both sides of crime, citizens are voyeurs into one another's suffering, and we all wonder who is going to change it. By now, it is clear that neither adults nor teenagers are willing to risk their routines for their neighbors. At least teenagers still fantasize about doing something. So the obvious answer is a little girl who, with some sidekick mockery from Nic Cage, makes Batman look like a man dressed up like a bat. To echo other reviewers, Hitgirl is the new standard of awesome. But, until Kick-Ass' moment of transformation, she is also the last human willing to offer an embodied answer to injustice. That Vaughn hides this seriousness in such absolutely brilliant awesomeness might confuse some, but it should not be misinterpreted as a statement of "coolness" or teenage hormonal self-gratification. It's saying much more than that. Why hold the fact that it's also cool against it? Collapse
  64. Aug 27, 2010
    Love the film, imaginative, action-packed, and funny. Love Chloe Moretz acting as HIt-Girl, she was phenomenal. It's entertaining. Good soundtrack too.
  65. Sep 3, 2010
    Kick-Ass is possibly one of the best films so far this year. It's brilliant - funny, violent and just so damn cool. Matthew Vaughn took a risk making this film and I can guarantee it's paid off. The film is packed full of comic book references and homages to film like Batman, Kill Bill and Scarface. The title character is played Aaron Johnson, who justifies his place on the screen. IKick-Ass is possibly one of the best films so far this year. It's brilliant - funny, violent and just so damn cool. Matthew Vaughn took a risk making this film and I can guarantee it's paid off. The film is packed full of comic book references and homages to film like Batman, Kill Bill and Scarface. The title character is played Aaron Johnson, who justifies his place on the screen. I thought his American accent (he's British) was very natural and he brings this 'loser' character to life. But don't think he's the star, it's actually his smaller companion played by Chloe Grace Moretz - the merciless and skilled fighter Hit Girl. She was effective, outstanding and gives one of the best performances by a child actor that I've seen in a while. She'll be remembered for quite some time. Other standouts performances include Nicolas Cage's performance as Hit Girl's father Big Daddy who was reminiscent of Adam West's Batman and Mark Strong's drug lord mobster Frank D'Amico actually was pretty funny. Matthew Vaughn's third film is nothing short of a miracle because some superhero movies are pretty awful now, I definitely think this will be a cult film from now on. Expand
  66. Sep 8, 2010
    I reward it a "The Best Action Movie In 2010"
  67. Sep 8, 2010
    I'm not ashamed to admit this is one of my favorite movies of all time. The entire premise is ridiculous, but the movie takes itself so seriously that it feels like an actual attempt to make a super hero movie.
  68. Sep 10, 2010
    Holy **** this movie is **** amazing. It starts out kinda ****ty and mediocre and then it just suddenly cranks the awesomeness to 11. An amazing story that comes up with a truly unique answer to the question, why aren't their any superheroes?
  69. Sep 15, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I give this a 10, i have watched this movie so many times now and i believe it is one of my favorites, as a huge fan of Chloe Grace Moretz, ill defend her on her behalf, People are saying this is terrible kid is cussing and killing people and got beat up from an older man, what people need to realize is that this is only a movie and its not actually happening, There were many great moment like when Cage was burning and Hit-Girl had to save him, and much more please go watch it and buy it on Blu-Ray Expand
  70. Oct 9, 2010
    "Kick Ass , As far as Action films go , is amazing , stunning , and will keep you entertained for its 2hr run time , which sometimes maybe hard to do , Aaron Johnson leads a all star cast , with lots of action , fun and Excitement this is the one movie that lives up to its TITLE!." A
  71. Oct 11, 2011
    Holy **** **** does this movie rule. The first time, it felt a little of the edge and all over the place. But as I rewatched it, I absolutely acknowledged its awesomeness. I knew what I was getting myself into, but holy **** It's better than any action movie from last year. Or any comedy. It's breath-taking. captivating, stunning, hilarious, beautifully perverse and all around fantastic.Holy **** **** does this movie rule. The first time, it felt a little of the edge and all over the place. But as I rewatched it, I absolutely acknowledged its awesomeness. I knew what I was getting myself into, but holy **** It's better than any action movie from last year. Or any comedy. It's breath-taking. captivating, stunning, hilarious, beautifully perverse and all around fantastic. What Matthew Vaughn did to the superhero genre was take it, **** it and out plopped the greatest action movie of 2010. The acting is supreme - I'll never find a hitgirl beter than Chloe Grace Moretz -, the editing, jaw droppingly terrific, the directing and writing, pants-****tingly great. It's ****ing perfect. I can't really find any faults or problems with it. IT IS ****ING AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you Matthew Vaughn. In a non gay/platonic way. Expand
  72. Apr 9, 2011
    The most eye opening and attention demanding movie I've ever seen, it expertly combines Action, Comedy and even a bit of romance, a fantastic, fun movie
  73. Apr 16, 2011
    I found it utterly original and audacious. It left me feeling giddy and a little ashamed. Very funny and intelligent. And I liked it despite the inclusion of Nicolas Cage in the cast.
  74. Mar 22, 2011
    Just another example of how great violent superhero movies can be. Great action scenes, memorable characters, a truly unique world, all helps create an experience like no other.
  75. Aug 10, 2011
    It's a good movie. Just don't take it too seriously. Lots of hardcore violence that i didn't expect and some very memorable characters. Kids, don't take advice on girls from a guy that looks like a hobbit. Enjoy.
  76. May 15, 2011
    I LOVE THIS MOVIE SO MUCH IT WAS FUNNY AND VIOLENT. IT WILL ENTERTAIN YOU. IT KICKED ASS. 10 out of 10 it was a great action movie. it was kinda like the comic book
  77. Sep 12, 2011
    After watching this movie the second time, I can easily say that this is one of my favorite Superhero films, and then watching it the third time, I absolutely loved it even more! I found out how awesome the action scenes were and how the characters did a perfect job. I really didn't think this movie can be that dark and funny at the same time. Just can't see how some people would hate it.After watching this movie the second time, I can easily say that this is one of my favorite Superhero films, and then watching it the third time, I absolutely loved it even more! I found out how awesome the action scenes were and how the characters did a perfect job. I really didn't think this movie can be that dark and funny at the same time. Just can't see how some people would hate it. Well, I guess if you took your child to this movie thinking it will be for kids, but who would think of that with the title Kick-Ass. What Im really surprised about is how Nicholas cage did in this movie, playing Big Daddy. It wasn't one of his same old acting, but it was something most of us was waiting for. Of course, Hit Girl, played by Cloe Moretz, was my favorite character. She did the most awesome moves when fighting. Aaron Johnson might have been a new face to all of you, if you haven't seen Nowhere Boy, which you have to see. Aaron played the main character, Kick-Ass, who's got sick and tired of getting picked on. So he becomes a superhero, and becomes really famous. Then somehow everything turns out wrong, when a part of gang gets taken down by kick-Ass, Hit girl, and Big Daddy. The last two action scenes is so awesome and intense that I almost peed myself. Kick-Ass and Red Mist are probably the ones that make this movie have hilarious parts. I also discovered that this had songs from Danny Boyle's "28 days later" and "Sunshine" during the fight scenes that really made it's mark. I will definitely love this film, and the characters, and I think I just found a new favorite director, Mathew Vahn, who directed "Stardust" ( who would've guessed that), and produced "Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels". This movie is not the average superhero movie, but is definitely one of my favorites. Expand
  78. Jun 28, 2011
    first thing man up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    if it disturbes u that a kid kills dudes than dont watch an r movie ok the movie shows tat wether ur a sicopah or a regular dude y can make a diff
  79. Jan 21, 2012
    Its not for all kids, but the plot of Kick-Ass teaches people not to hesitate and stand up to bullies and criminals, makes a difference in fighting crime, teamwork is well-structured into the story than other superhero films, and delivers non-stop comic action and laughs.
  80. Dec 17, 2011
    I'm just going to write a short review as I'm watching it at the moment for the third time today. This film is realistic as in it could happen. It is so funny. Everytime I watch it I laugh louder. The soundtrack is the best ever in the film and I listen to whilst playing MW3 multiplayer. Nicholas Cage and Chloe Moretz should have got an oscar for this spectacular performance.
  81. Dec 16, 2011
    In my opinion this is the greatest movie ever made. The actors are so easy to fall in love with, and i think that is one of the most important aspects of this movie. The music in this is phenomenal and to me remains the greatest score ever. I would just like to thank Matthew Vaughn for the brilliant directing, Danny Elfmen, Henry Jackman, John Murphy, Marius De Vries and IIan Eshkeri forIn my opinion this is the greatest movie ever made. The actors are so easy to fall in love with, and i think that is one of the most important aspects of this movie. The music in this is phenomenal and to me remains the greatest score ever. I would just like to thank Matthew Vaughn for the brilliant directing, Danny Elfmen, Henry Jackman, John Murphy, Marius De Vries and IIan Eshkeri for the mindblowingly amazing music they created. And last but certainly not least i would like to thank Aaron Johnson, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Mark Strong, Nicolas Cage and Chloe Moretz, you did what knowone predicted and that's act like nothing before. Thankyou for making this dream a reality Expand
  82. Aug 3, 2013
    Una pelicula con superheroes e intentos de superheroes muy divertida, la traduccion al español es fenomenal (Mexico), me parecio muy comica y original, me hizo llorar de la risa, la musica muy acorde a los momentos cumbre de la pelicula, que mas se puede pedir el reparto de 10, saludos....
  83. Feb 15, 2012
    Kick-Ass is very funny and interesting movie ! I like it very much and I give to it 10 from 10 ! I am loking forward for second part!
  84. Apr 15, 2012
    What can I say about this movies that was not already said ?

It is simply awesome. I saw it 3 or 4 times and each time I discover new details that make me think that I will need to watch it again. What an entertainment !
  85. Aug 26, 2013
    This is a great movie, its fun entertaining and has a whole Lota violent's, Honestly the best superhero movie ive seen in a long time, it was just a great film, not the best movie of all time but still one bad-ass movie i definitely recommend siting down and watching it.
  86. Aug 13, 2013
    Kick Ass is genius! It has violence, humour, profanity, awesome music, exciting action and best of all everyone's favorite 11 year old Chloe Moretz. Who plays the vulgar and extremely deadly Hit Girl. This is definitely the best superhero movie I have ever seen and makes Iron Man look like Scooby Doo. You can count me in as a Kick Ass super nerd! I can't wait for the sequel (which comesKick Ass is genius! It has violence, humour, profanity, awesome music, exciting action and best of all everyone's favorite 11 year old Chloe Moretz. Who plays the vulgar and extremely deadly Hit Girl. This is definitely the best superhero movie I have ever seen and makes Iron Man look like Scooby Doo. You can count me in as a Kick Ass super nerd! I can't wait for the sequel (which comes out in 1 day). Expand
  87. Mar 18, 2013
    Kick Ass is awesome. Period. No questions asked. This film brings life to people that love superheroes in a cool way, I mean look at the action scenes! They are damn good! Kick Ass is a really well done movie and I really can't wait for the next part. Kick ass has those Hollywood elements that director Matthew Vaughn has put together, with cool weapons and jetpacks! The story or plot aboutKick Ass is awesome. Period. No questions asked. This film brings life to people that love superheroes in a cool way, I mean look at the action scenes! They are damn good! Kick Ass is a really well done movie and I really can't wait for the next part. Kick ass has those Hollywood elements that director Matthew Vaughn has put together, with cool weapons and jetpacks! The story or plot about Dave Liwinzki has been put together real good and the characters like Mindy and Big Daddy are the major elements for the movie to thrive. The film has emotions, action and lots of it, gore and man a lot of gore, and superheroes saving the city from ruthless drug crime lords. If you haven't seen or finished the movie, watch the climax. Expand
  88. Mar 16, 2013
    Kick Ass is not a superhero, but just a normal college kid hoping to become a bad ass hero! He thinks he's a pretty big deal after his video went viral, but then he meets Hit Girl and Big Daddy, the real superheroes. The movie is very well filmed, with even yet colorful detail and an interesting story.
  89. Aug 14, 2013
    Loved it! Aaron is so gorgeous. Chloe is such a cool kick ass kid. Even though i slightly dislike Cage, he was OK in this. Even had my favorite Peters:) Funny, fight pitched.
  90. Jul 29, 2013
    Succeeds at everything it attempts to do and gives their target audience exactly what they're looking for. Chloe Grace Moretz steals the show but the performances are all around good. A very fun film that will probably go down as a cult classic.
  91. Oct 14, 2013
    Like all good action films kick-ass contains strong gory violence and outrageous comedy. Kick ass explodes to life with amazing special effects and hilarious scenes that will keep you entertained for the 117 mins of run time. Kick-ass kicks spiderman and superman in the ass. literally. You will have never scene a superhero film like this. This movie is definitely worth watching, and ifLike all good action films kick-ass contains strong gory violence and outrageous comedy. Kick ass explodes to life with amazing special effects and hilarious scenes that will keep you entertained for the 117 mins of run time. Kick-ass kicks spiderman and superman in the ass. literally. You will have never scene a superhero film like this. This movie is definitely worth watching, and if you like superheroes, action, strong violence and comedy moments that will surely make you laugh, It is about time you see a movie that kicks ass. Kick-ass is the film4u. Expand
  92. Dec 23, 2013
    Kick-Ass is my favorite movie of all time, tied with Donnie Darko. Kick-Ass is truly amazing, and I love every second of it. The idea is unique, and is executed beautifully. The movie is hilarious, serious, sad, action-packed, brilliant and mesmerizing. Kick-Ass truly kicked MY ass, and there's really nothing more to say. If you have not seen this movie, then you really f*cking need to. 10/10
  93. Jan 13, 2014
    I'm from Brazil, and I loved the movie and the story was really cool, I believe the low scores in other reviews is because people can not differentiate reality from the movies, this is real life people understand unfortunately the Big Daddy had to die if not the film also does not make sense they always win. Understand something good does not always win and this film shows the real life,I'm from Brazil, and I loved the movie and the story was really cool, I believe the low scores in other reviews is because people can not differentiate reality from the movies, this is real life people understand unfortunately the Big Daddy had to die if not the film also does not make sense they always win. Understand something good does not always win and this film shows the real life, I'm sorry if there was an error in grammar, because I'm not from your country. Expand
  94. Dec 19, 2014
    I love this movie it feels like a love letter to Comic fans everywere. Aaron Taylor johnson is great as Kick-Ass, Nicholas Cage is in one of his best roles to date, Mark Strong and Christopher Mintz-Plasse are on top form as villains and why Chloë Grace Moretz wasn't up for best supporting actress for her iconic role as Hit Girl i'll never understand. couple with great action, plot andI love this movie it feels like a love letter to Comic fans everywere. Aaron Taylor johnson is great as Kick-Ass, Nicholas Cage is in one of his best roles to date, Mark Strong and Christopher Mintz-Plasse are on top form as villains and why Chloë Grace Moretz wasn't up for best supporting actress for her iconic role as Hit Girl i'll never understand. couple with great action, plot and characters and you have an awesome movie Expand
  95. m0trenurt
    Apr 30, 2010
    The critics obviously need a lesson in whats good about a movie. No one cares about your moral outrage or your political correctness. Im just glad you lot werent in the focus greoup for this film. This film is fun and thats one of the most important things about main stream media. If this movie offends you, you need to take along hard look at what your life has become.
  96. DanielC
    Apr 20, 2010
    Seriously, average review of 66? This film was funny, had some of the best action sequences I've ever seen, and was presented very well, some amazing song choices for the soundtrack. Its hard hitting in places too. I was genuinely surprised to see the fairly average score of 66 on here.
  97. AndrewW.
    Apr 20, 2010
    This movie was a blast! Nicolas Cage was THE man and even though the main character was just ok (seeing how he is just a normal dude), it made the parts with big daddy and hit girl all that much more awesome. Definitely worth seeing if your a fan of over the top, self-aware, thrill rides.
  98. RyanS
    Apr 23, 2010
    Kick-Ass kicked ass. Real life superheroes - what a concept! Nicolas Cage and the little girl were the best crime-fighting duo I have ever seen. Nicolas Cage got to act crazy and over the top and it was a joy to watch. Seriously one of the best movies so far this year. Bring on the Blu-ray!
  99. Ryan
    May 2, 2010
    Such a good movie. The acting, story, and style of the movie could not be beat.
  100. GregF.
    Apr 16, 2010
    Saw it at South by Southwest, and loved it even more the second time. Just an awesome movie. Mertz is an amazing little actress.

1. A clever movie premise based on an obscure comic book has been turned into, okay we’ll say it, a fanboy’s kick-ass wet dream of a movie that could be a surprise Spring smash.
    A ridiculously entertaining, perfectly paced, ultra-violent cinematic rush that kicks the places other movies struggle to reach.
  3. Reviewed by: John Defore
    Its balancing act between innocence and gore perfectly matches the expectations of genre fans, who should embrace the movie.