Sony Pictures Classics | Release Date: May 26, 2000
8.5
Universal acclaim based on 23 Ratings
WATCH NOW
JamesMDec 11, 2005
Takeshi Kitano, one of the worlds greatest direcotrs, made this amazing film to almost no critical attention. How this is possible I have no idea. This was a magnificent, funny, moving, incredible film that is perfect for when you're Takeshi Kitano, one of the worlds greatest direcotrs, made this amazing film to almost no critical attention. How this is possible I have no idea. This was a magnificent, funny, moving, incredible film that is perfect for when you're feeling down. 10/10 Expand
0 of 0 users found this helpful
ultramanJul 14, 2011
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What kind of critics reviewed this film...It's absolutely amazing, with a charming flow and a completely incredible soundtrack by the master Joe Hisaishi.
The critics reviewed with a 44...this is not American Pie...believe me it's one of the best films I've ever seen...completely hilarious and dramatic fifty-fifty.
The best of Kitano...he returned to childhood and amazed their fans!
hardkor33Jul 23, 2013
Warm and funny, and even sad at parts, Kikujiro is just a simple, lighthearted movie with absolutley beautiful music. And honestly wouldn't be near as good without it.
zakbeAug 19, 2013
If you are finding something hilarious, with some point of Japanese-flavour nonsenses, and at the same time you don´t mind emotional chapters, this is a very good choice