7.9

1. Sep 3, 2014
    "Kill Bill: Vol. 2" is even better than the first part! It's not as action-packed, but it covers more of why The Bride is so hell-bent on getting revenge which makes up for the slower parts of the film. Volume 2 is bigger, bolder, and better than Volume 1.
  2. Jan 6, 2014
    O filme simplesmente um máximo
  3. Dec 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When looking at Kill Bill: Volume 1, you look for a fun action movie, a stylistic revenge flick. You get that in Volume 2 as well, but the dramatic leanings of the film are much more evident. To take Volume 2 asa great movie is something that is easier to do than Volume 1, and it works. The highlight of the film, by a wide margin, was the finale scenes with Beatrix and Bill talking, their short battle, and coming to terms with Bill's death. David Carradine's acting was superb, and I fail to see how he was not nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor the year this film was released. A great movie, plain and simple. Expand
  4. Jun 26, 2013
    The Bride continues to seek her vengeance by searching the man responsible of the grace shot she received. It is the perfect combination of gore, action and Tarantino touch in a single movie. (Considering Kill Bill vol.1 and vol. 2 as one film) It should be recognized as a MUST see at anytime given.
  5. May 7, 2013
    It's bigger, deadlier and much much better than Volume 1, which in itself was a fantastic film, but Kill Bill Volume 2 delivers a sucker punch in dramatic storytelling with wonderful homages to martial arts films of yesteryear, and this was mastered without there being as much action as the first.
    Right off the mark, we need to remember that this is a continuation, that these two films were supposed to be one, so to recap, The Bride (Uma Thurman) is on a revenge mission to hunt out those who betrayed her, former colleagues of the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad, led by Bill (Dennis Carradine).
    This time around we meet Budd (Michael Madsen) who is now living in a trashed out trailer and getting by as a bouncer, until The Bride shows up. We are also reintroduced to Elle Driver, the one-eyed assassin from the previous instalment, with a much bigger part to play this time around.
    Volume 2 confidently ties up all the loose ends of the first outing, the story is broader in scope to allow more of a human touch to the colourful proceedings, but still using past films to capture the true nature of the story.
    While not as violent as the original, there is much more dialogue in Volume 2, the fact that the whole 'saga' is in fact one film shows true balance to the story, The Bride at first is full of hatred and revenge, but now realises she has almost reached the end of the road, and this makes for much more interesting and intriguing scenes with The Bride and of course, Bill.
    Quentin Tarantino has now proved his ability to tell a compelling story through various body movements and the art of filmmaking and creating the perfect scene to capture that one defining moment, and that is where the cinematography exceeds in every level in this film.
    Uma Thurman delivers another driven performance as The Bride, and yes, her real name is revealed in the film. Her continuing motivation to capture the essence of a character is what makes her a suitable lead, something which will always leave a lasting effect. Dennis Carradine is typically charming yet deadly as Bill, his references to comic books and how superheroes reflect human nature is genius, and shows the powerful dialogue that Tarantino can create.
    The action scenes still do exist, while not is colourful, they are certainly memorable and beautiful to watch.
    my advice is to sit and watch these two films as a whole, and to receive a true masterclass in filmmaking and how to put across a simple story for everyone else to be interested in.
  6. Apr 7, 2013
    This film is less of a sequel and more a continuation of the Bride's story. This one contains more philosophy and a sense of urgency leading to the final confrontation with Bill. Tarantino has succeeded in creating a masterful story and will go down as one of my favorite sets of films.
  7. Jun 12, 2012
    Kill Bill: Vol. 1 allowed Quentin Tarantino to show off his panache for crafting thrilling and stylish action. Vol. 2 allowed him to prove that he is also a master of character development and affecting drama. Uma Thurman once again impresses as The Bride, and this time her character is allowed to become a real human being driven by emotions beyond those connected to a desire for revenge.Kill Bill: Vol. 1 allowed Quentin Tarantino to show off his panache for crafting thrilling and stylish action. Vol. 2 allowed him to prove that he is also a master of character development and affecting drama. Uma Thurman once again impresses as The Bride, and this time her character is allowed to become a real human being driven by emotions beyond those connected to a desire for revenge. Michael Madsen also makes his mark as Budd, Bill's brother and another former assassin on The Bride's kill list, who is long past his best and quite understanding of her need to kill him and his former associates, proclaiming with a hint of remorse "That woman deserves her revenge, and we deserve to die". Fittingly, seeing as he's the titular character and primary antagonist of this two-part epic, the late David Carradine's Bill is utterly mesmerising. He completely embodies the enigma and contradictions of his character - a caring father and also a violent mercenary, a philosophical big-thinker but also heavily reliant on animalistic instinct, a stoic outward appearance but not above crude insults. He's a superb character creation of Tarantino's, and is easily one of the best, most terrifying, interesting and layered movie villains of all time. While the story is enthralling throughout, where the film reaches its true potential is with the final act. You'd be forgiven for expecting an extravagant final battle, blade-to-blade between The Bride and Bill, as that's what we've been lead to believe we've been building to. What Tarantino gives us instead is a taught, tense and sublimely written final conversation between the two characters. The result is a far more original, intelligent and satisfying conclusion to this incredible revenge saga. With the first volume of Kill Bill, Quentin Tarantino managed to make lowbrow filmmaking respectable; with Vol. 2, through accomplished direction, a brilliant cast and flawless craftsmanship, Tarantino elevates trash to high art. Expand
  8. Mar 31, 2012
    This movie took me by surprise because it was so different than the first one. However, that only made it better. This movie has such an impressive essence about it. Uma was very convincing and brilliant in this film. It is brutal and unsympathetic in its nature. Among one of the best films ever. A true masterpiece.
  9. Feb 23, 2012
    I like Tarantina's films! I like Uma Turman and this film is amazing! Love it ! It is me favourit film!
  10. Nov 16, 2011
    I recently just watched both movies for the first time i have to by it self this movie is not much to talk about, but seeing vol.2 the movie was extremely better as a whole. This one by itself was really good and i really liked the ending of it all. I recommend especially anyone who is a fan of the old kung fu movies
  11. Oct 7, 2011
    Amazing movie, director and actors. All the characters are interresting, the action scenes are awesome, and Taratino knows how to surprises the viewer. A reference.
  12. Sep 26, 2011
    Its rare that I give a film 10/10 or 5 stars but this film truly deserves it. It is the perfect culmination of the two films. The first film acted as a great origins film looking back on what brought The Bride to where she was when she started her quest for vengeance but it had its flaws (ultra violence only works in small quantities, just ask Total Recall). Kill Bill Vol 2 works with whatIts rare that I give a film 10/10 or 5 stars but this film truly deserves it. It is the perfect culmination of the two films. The first film acted as a great origins film looking back on what brought The Bride to where she was when she started her quest for vengeance but it had its flaws (ultra violence only works in small quantities, just ask Total Recall). Kill Bill Vol 2 works with what the 1st volume had already established but rounded out the remaining targets as well as The Bride herself. The emulation of classic Kung Fu films further accentuated the characters and there admiration for the art. In the 1st volume that was something only touched on briefly and most characters suffered because they were not properly build with O-Ren Ishii being nothing more than a mob boss. Volume 2 shows Bill to be both a complex character with multiple urges and desires but also a extremely childish character who is incredibly impulsive. Yet again Tarrantino's script is so nuanced and detailed that every conversation comes off as real in a film that even embraces the cheese of vintage Kung Fu movies (fast zoom and all). Despite the fact that the film had a problem with momentum there was never a moment when I wasn't completely encapsulated in what was happening on screen with the Pai Mei scenes being extremely riviting despite serving very little purpose. The main draw however was understanding these characters, what drives them, why they need what they need. Daryl Hannah's Elle is one such character whose seething hatred of The Bride would seem like petty jealousy if you had only seen the 1st film but there is so much more to it and this film succeeds in every aspect of character. If there is anything wrong with this film it would be Budd's section (not that there is anything wrong with Michael Madsen) because there were scenes that just served no purpose at all, not even a little and yet were shoehorned in to give Madsen something to do. The finale of the film is both riveting and deeply emotional with everything that had been set up by the final moments of Volume 1 culminating beautifully and the final scene with The Bride (whose name is revealed) on the bathroom floor just describes how detailed this film really is. A masterpiece in every sense of the word. Also, who knew making sandwiches could be so captivating. Expand
  13. Jul 22, 2011
    Kill Bill... is cool. Really, really cool. It's Quentin Tarantino. He's cool. Really, really cool.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Kill Bill isn't supposed to be believable. It's supposed to be... cool, brilliant, and tastefully ridiculous. And that's exactly what Quentin Tarantino does best.
  14. Feb 13, 2011
    There seems to be some confusion in evilD's post. So that you don't get the wrong idea, Kill Bill was not made into two movies to maximize profits. The length of the movie if combined was longer then anticipated. The "over the topness" of the movie is purposeful, creating a homage of old Hong Kong martial arts films, Japanese Chanbara films, exploitation films and spaghetti westerns.There seems to be some confusion in evilD's post. So that you don't get the wrong idea, Kill Bill was not made into two movies to maximize profits. The length of the movie if combined was longer then anticipated. The "over the topness" of the movie is purposeful, creating a homage of old Hong Kong martial arts films, Japanese Chanbara films, exploitation films and spaghetti westerns. Tarantino captures both visual and audial senses of the viewers with the amazing soundtrack to great camera work! Though some may say it had a shallow plot, it was the story of the bride that really held me down in my chair. I can proudly say Kill Bill Vol.1 and Kill Bill Vol.2 are my favourite movies. Expand
  15. Jan 5, 2011
    If, in 'Kill Bill Vol. 1', Quentin Tarantino made one of the best
    movies for people who love Japanese grindhouse, then in 'Vol. 2' he
    made one of the best movies for people who love movies. Tarantino has consistently been my favorite director and 'Kill Bill Vol. 2' is the greatest of all his films to date. This isn't a sequel to 'Vol. 1', as he didn't decide to split 'Kill Bill' up until
    If, in 'Kill Bill Vol. 1', Quentin Tarantino made one of the best
    movies for people who love Japanese grindhouse, then in 'Vol. 2' he
    made one of the best movies for people who love movies. Tarantino has
    consistently been my favorite director and 'Kill Bill Vol. 2' is the
    greatest of all his films to date. This isn't a sequel to 'Vol. 1', as
    he didn't decide to split 'Kill Bill' up until just after he finished
    shooting, it's simply the second half. 'Vol. 1' is an excellent,
    excellent film, but no where in the range of this one. I grin
    ear-to-ear all the way through this movie.

'Vol. 2' is Quentin's most visually beautiful movie yet (and the
    magnificent opening chapter, shot in gleaming black-and-white, is
    resplendent to a degree that is profound, as is the great sequence at
    Pai Mei's ancient abode, shot in gloriously seventies-style
    over-saturated greens and glaring whites), and it's where his flair for
    spaghetti-Westerns comes out the most. As in all of Tarantino's films,
    the dialogue is an unadulterated joy.

This is nearly his least violent (and actually also almost his least
    talkative) film yet, and I've read both the original script and David
    Carradine's 'The Kill Bill Diaries', about all he saw of the making of
    the movies, and it's clear that many of Quentin's best decisions had to
    do with diminishing or removing the action. In place of the more
    obvious strategy of showing us a detailed sequence of the Deadly Viper
    Assassination Squad gruesomely gunning down the people in the chapel,
    he decided no, pull back and let us just listen to a brief event from a
    distance, observing it in a kind of silhouette. And in place of Bill
    firing a warning shot at the Bride and holding her at gun-point while
    she walks towards a couch to seat herself, he decided Bill simply
    regards her casually, his pistol just visible at his waist, of which
    they are both aware. In the earlier idea, all suspense would have been
    spent with the warning shot. When Bill relates the tale of Pai Mei to
    the Bride, he decided it would be more effective to let us use our
    imaginations while listening to Bill's ponderous speech by the
    camp-fire in the dark than to play seventies Kung Fu footage of Pai Mei
    in action over the monologue.

The first time I saw the movie, the first big thing that struck me was
    Budd. His is a great and
    tragic character, and Michael Madsen is a great actor, and his
    performance begins in a singularly perfect scene with Carradine which
    shows us his indifference to, and acceptance of, his approaching
    probable demise. And for a long stretch the Bride is forgotten, and we
    simply follow Budd into the lonely strip club he tends bar at, getting
    a taste of what his existence has become, of his disappointment and
    withdrawal from life (the scene where he argues with his boss Larry and
    finally relinquishes both his hat and his pride is worthy of applause).
    Every time I watch the scene of the Bride's sneak-attack on him, I am
    more amazed by how exquisitely constructed the whole sequence is. A
    long, meticulous build-up ending in unexpected truncation is a
    trade-mark of Quentin's, in action as well as dialogue. What Budd does with the Bride is endlessly fascinating to me in its brilliant, primeval simplicity. This is the stuff of great myths. In the last chapter the tone of the film changes from the grandiose, Tarantinian adventure of the first four chapters and settles into an intimate dialogue between the story's two central characters (and one other, for a time), in which Quentin subtly and expertly simmers the tension and danger that exists between these two supremely deadly assassins. This section of the film is in keeping with an other trade-mark of Quentin's, that of inserting elements of simplest, uttermost reality into an over-the-top, epic story. With Quentin's help, David Carradine produced a magnificent performance in this film, as a man who is possibly even more laid-back than Carradine was himself (and who delivers three great monologues), but who can be deeply, genuinely menacing. 'Kill Bill Vol. 2' is the most joyful, the most exciting, the most glorious celebration of the cinema I've ever seen. It is Tarantino's deepest and most emotionally powerful film by far (and the often over-looked sequence of the Bride slowly preparing herself before leaving a bed-room to face Bill is one of the very best in the film). It has both the best and second- best uses of music I've heard in a movie (if not more). The climax of the Bride's raggedly magnificent confrontation with her wicked rival Elle evokes in me the emotion of sheer love. And the scene of the Bride's triumph over the designs of Budd has become my central image of the cinema. This is a movie that bursts with human life, and with its director's signature passion and love of the movies. I can't tell you how many times I've put the D.V.D. in to look at a specific part, and then ended up watching the whole damn thing again.
  16. Nov 17, 2010
    This along with the prequel to this are definitely the collab of the best movie ever made. I love to watch Vol. 1 and 2 as if it is just one big movie. I LOVE the fight scenes, the more unlocked tells of the other members of the squad and the story of the Bride before all things went south for her. LOVE THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!
  17. DavidS
    Apr 26, 2010
    THIS is the kind of movie I want to see more of. Flawed, unpolished, and borderline inaccessible to half the population, but incredibly unique, ambitious, and memorable. Tarantino ignores the flat standards set out by hollywood and its hack critics. This is not a "good" movie. This is not a polished movie. This is not a movie that recognizes, nor cares about, what fans of the first want THIS is the kind of movie I want to see more of. Flawed, unpolished, and borderline inaccessible to half the population, but incredibly unique, ambitious, and memorable. Tarantino ignores the flat standards set out by hollywood and its hack critics. This is not a "good" movie. This is not a polished movie. This is not a movie that recognizes, nor cares about, what fans of the first want to see. This is, purely and simply, a work of art in its rawest, most personal form. And it is incredible to behold. Expand
  18. KM
    Mar 19, 2009
    Though it wasn't blood splattering fun like the first, it is a great movie all its own and it ends up giving a great conclusion to the epic.
  19. alexb
    Aug 10, 2008
    Another beauty from a brilliant man. This movie is a psychological wonder. The ending was perfect because it mirrored the Bride and Bills warrior ability. This is why I love movies so much, and this is why I love Tarantino so much.
  20. DaveB.
    Mar 2, 2008
    Loved it! It does not surprise me that some people don't though. Quentin T is an acquired taste. Loved the first one too! This guy makes movies the way I would, if I only could. He pulls no punches. Oh, and both movies had some great tunes!!!
  21. MarkG.
    May 18, 2007
    What's not to love about this movie? Fair enough, its not your type of film, but why even bother attempting to critisize the very elements that make is fantastic?? Tarantino, a self confessed comic book geek throws a comic book story at us on the big screen. Sharp, trademark, witty dialogue and adrenaline fuelled action scenes make this film two and a half hours of simple Tarantino What's not to love about this movie? Fair enough, its not your type of film, but why even bother attempting to critisize the very elements that make is fantastic?? Tarantino, a self confessed comic book geek throws a comic book story at us on the big screen. Sharp, trademark, witty dialogue and adrenaline fuelled action scenes make this film two and a half hours of simple Tarantino fun. The Kill Bill franchise is one of a kind, and prehaps instead of 'know-all so-called film reviewers' condemning this film for its lack of realism and over-stuffed scenes, they should sit back and actually look at a piece of work that stands out brilliantly against the bleak and bland overly-used hollywood plot formulas. Great film. Great director. Expand
  22. JayF.
    Feb 19, 2006
    Like volume one, "A truly beautiful and violent piece of filmwork from Quentin Tarantino".
  23. joeym.
    Dec 25, 2005
    The best movie ever created.
  24. JamesM
    Dec 20, 2005
    Those ten minute scenes where nothing happens? When was this? Perhaps I was reaching for the popcorn or saying something to a friend when these ten minute scenes took place. Taranino is known for the energy in his films, and even though Kill Bill Vol. 2 (and also Jackie Brown) took on a more relaxed tone doesn't make them elegible for criticism such as yours evil D. And I quote: "I Those ten minute scenes where nothing happens? When was this? Perhaps I was reaching for the popcorn or saying something to a friend when these ten minute scenes took place. Taranino is known for the energy in his films, and even though Kill Bill Vol. 2 (and also Jackie Brown) took on a more relaxed tone doesn't make them elegible for criticism such as yours evil D. And I quote: "I gotta sit through 3 hours of paper-thin plot spread out over TWO films just to see a half-hour's worth of action? That sucks!" Perhaps you should go back to watching Commando. Expand
  25. KimY.
    Sep 17, 2005
    The first film was all action and very little to no character development or plot. All that comes in this part 2. And it's so much better! The action was very fast paced and over the top i the first one. Now we find out what it was all about and just who these people are. Tarantino has made a true epic when you put these 2 films together. And this part 2 shines far beyond the all The first film was all action and very little to no character development or plot. All that comes in this part 2. And it's so much better! The action was very fast paced and over the top i the first one. Now we find out what it was all about and just who these people are. Tarantino has made a true epic when you put these 2 films together. And this part 2 shines far beyond the all action part one section. Expand
  26. marshallm.
    Jul 30, 2005
    One of my favorite movies of all time..if not my number one favorite....i would recomend both vol. 1 and 2 to ppl who love tarantino....even to ppl who dont, this film is a masterpiece! well worth seeing !
  27. DanK
    May 26, 2005
    Excellent movie. Answers all the questions left from volume 1. And to all those who keep going on about how they would rather see one movie and that they are getting ripped off paying twice Quentin Tarantino had originally planned on making one movie but it would be nearly 4 hours long. I could and have watched them back to back but most people don't have the time to sit through a Excellent movie. Answers all the questions left from volume 1. And to all those who keep going on about how they would rather see one movie and that they are getting ripped off paying twice Quentin Tarantino had originally planned on making one movie but it would be nearly 4 hours long. I could and have watched them back to back but most people don't have the time to sit through a movie that long. Expand
  28. Paige
    Mar 22, 2005
    I loved Kill Bill Vol. 2. It provides closure to an otherwise unfinished story. I can only hope that Tarantino will expound on the story and create a Vol. 3.
  29. RogerS.
    Mar 3, 2005
    THE BEST!
  30. Mike
    Feb 14, 2005
    Kill Bill is on my top 10 list! Everything is so well thought and everything makes perfect sense. Characters have motives and the ending is a good one!
  31. davidg.
    Jan 9, 2005
    Hugely enjoyable film. i was beginning to think Tarrantino had lost his touch but this seems to be his best film to date. Top screenplay, top acting. Editing is superb, as if the soundtrack. I hope it's not too late for this film to gain a Oscar for best film, best editing, best screenplay and best a few other things besides.
  32. FarisC.
    Jan 2, 2005
    Tarentino has warped the meaning of film once again, with an exiting sequel to Vol. 1. In Vol. 2, we discover more about
  33. MichaelM.
    Oct 22, 2004
    "Kill Bill Volume 2" is just another reason why we adore Quentin Tarantino's filmmaking. The story in Volume 2 begins where Volume 1 left it. The Bride (Uma Thurman - in an Oscar nomination worthy role) continues her bloody revenge by going after Bill's brother Budd (Michael Madsen - who also deserves an Oscar nomination), Elle Driver (Daryl Hannah - good performance, but not "Kill Bill Volume 2" is just another reason why we adore Quentin Tarantino's filmmaking. The story in Volume 2 begins where Volume 1 left it. The Bride (Uma Thurman - in an Oscar nomination worthy role) continues her bloody revenge by going after Bill's brother Budd (Michael Madsen - who also deserves an Oscar nomination), Elle Driver (Daryl Hannah - good performance, but not quite Oscar worthy) and finally, Bill himself (David Carradine - in his VERY best role, and worthy of an Oscar). Volume 2 is an overall better film than Volume 1. It doesn't have nearly as much blood or action as Vol. 1, but it has a much more rich story line, and is an overall deeper movie. That's not to say Vol. 2 doesn't have some very awesome fight sequences (four come to mind), just that Vol. 2 makes more room for plot and background information. In the end, Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 would be better viewed and thought of as just one film, the KILL BILL epic. But, if I had to chose between Vol. 1 or Vol. 2, I'd say Vol. 1 is more entertaining, but Vol. 2 is a better film, and makes for a more full viewing experience. DON'T WAIT, SEE IN THEATERS!!! A MUST-SEE. Thumbs Way up! Expand
  34. EveningSun
    Sep 10, 2004
    A great conclusion to a brilliant movie phenomenon. Though not as fast-paced and adrenaline-pumping as Volume 1, the second part leaves a better aftertaste. Tarantino has not only shown that he's still the king of gritty crime movies, but also how effortlessly he can handle romantic and emotional aspects to a marvellous effect. When put together, Kill Bill will stand as one of the A great conclusion to a brilliant movie phenomenon. Though not as fast-paced and adrenaline-pumping as Volume 1, the second part leaves a better aftertaste. Tarantino has not only shown that he's still the king of gritty crime movies, but also how effortlessly he can handle romantic and emotional aspects to a marvellous effect. When put together, Kill Bill will stand as one of the greatest motion pictures of the new milennium. And after reading Johnny U.'s post - Do you honestly believe that just because you can't see a movie's good qualities that means there are none, and thus everyone rates that movie a 10 because the hype tells them so? Judging from your way of writing, it seems the only comment on the movie is "an absolute boreathon". Well, Johnny, maybe you should start judging a movie from its script, acting and direction too? Because these are the things that have made Tarantino's movies famous, and if you can't notice these things in a film, you shouldn't be commenting here at all. Expand
  35. WillP.
    Aug 28, 2004
    Once again, amazing director work and amazing acting. caradine is flawless.
  36. BrycceP
    Aug 22, 2004
    Mr. HOWELL who gave this movie a 0 appears to have some violent tendencies in hinself as well. He needs to first take a chill pill, and second review his classics. Some of the greatest pieces of literature of history have always had violent qualites. The Count of Monte Criste was written in 1800's, is required reading in most high schools, and is all about one mans quest for Mr. HOWELL who gave this movie a 0 appears to have some violent tendencies in hinself as well. He needs to first take a chill pill, and second review his classics. Some of the greatest pieces of literature of history have always had violent qualites. The Count of Monte Criste was written in 1800's, is required reading in most high schools, and is all about one mans quest for revenge...hmmm. And for anyone who tries to read Shakespeare, they would know that he has a talent at writting very bloody plays. Macbath has dozens of sword fights, severed heads, and gore. Romeo & Juliet, a romance, also happens to have almost everyone die in it one way or another. This is a tiny list of the violent literature that are considered classics. As to Kill Bill, i won't deny that its a highly stylized but simple story. The protagonist survives her attmepted murder and loses her family, and decideds to take revenge. Thats the story in a nutshell. But some of the best stories aren't complicated and often are more simply told. And one more thing, Kill Bill is a movie! A story, a tall tale. No way would this ever be realistic. From the 100 body count fights, to the fact that she regains her entire bodys strength in 13 hours, the story makes no sense in almost a thousand ways, like all movies. This is just an entertaining movie with no real important meaning behind it. Its just an entertaining film. A Thrilling, Creative, Romantic, Bloody, Insanely good film. Expand
  37. MollyS.
    Aug 17, 2004
    Best movie I've ever seen! Kill Bill volume 1 and volume 2 put together make a great combination, making them the two most brilliant films ever! Always my favorite!
  38. JamesG.
    Aug 15, 2004
    Kill Bill: Volume 2 is an amazing movie with plenty of action, laughs, and most importantly, plenty of gore. I was somewhat disappointed, as it wasn't quite as good as the first, but it's definately worth your time and money. It fills in blank spaces left by Kill Bill: Volume 1, which is very good. The acting was great, Uma Thurman is a beautiful lady, and was perfect for the Kill Bill: Volume 2 is an amazing movie with plenty of action, laughs, and most importantly, plenty of gore. I was somewhat disappointed, as it wasn't quite as good as the first, but it's definately worth your time and money. It fills in blank spaces left by Kill Bill: Volume 1, which is very good. The acting was great, Uma Thurman is a beautiful lady, and was perfect for the job. I suggest you get it as soon as possible. Go. Now! Expand
  39. BigC
    Aug 15, 2004
    Awesome answer to volume 1 by QT.
  40. LockneP.
    Aug 15, 2004
    Kill Bill, Volume 2 is an excellent follow up to Volume 1. While Kill Bill, Volume 1 is the question, Volume 2 is the answer. Quentin Tarantino's directing in this motion picture is outstanding. Tarantino succeeds in having the audience feeling emotional even when the Bride succeeds at eliminating her final target. The mix of dialogue, music, and style makes Kill Bill one of the best Kill Bill, Volume 2 is an excellent follow up to Volume 1. While Kill Bill, Volume 1 is the question, Volume 2 is the answer. Quentin Tarantino's directing in this motion picture is outstanding. Tarantino succeeds in having the audience feeling emotional even when the Bride succeeds at eliminating her final target. The mix of dialogue, music, and style makes Kill Bill one of the best movies of the 21st century. The performances given from Uma Thurman and David Carradine are spectacular, and Kill Bill shouldn't be missed by anyone. Expand
  41. MattM.
    Aug 11, 2004
    People are looking into this movie from an amazing director/screenwriter as if its supposed to be Pulp Fiction 2. It's simply Tarantino bringing his audience through the wild ride of homages to all the types of movies he respects. It's not meant to make you think, its more suppose to make you feel, feel as if you got your money's worth and were entertained. I defy anyone to People are looking into this movie from an amazing director/screenwriter as if its supposed to be Pulp Fiction 2. It's simply Tarantino bringing his audience through the wild ride of homages to all the types of movies he respects. It's not meant to make you think, its more suppose to make you feel, feel as if you got your money's worth and were entertained. I defy anyone to claim that they didn't crack a smile at the beautiful anime sequence of vol. 1 and didn't feel giddy from the faux-retro delivery of the training scenes in this movie. People aren't going to remember some of the less popular film genres of the past. This movie will immortalize these forgotten reels by putting all of them into a blender, pushing down puree, and pouring it into an easy to swallow tablet. Like Mary Poppins once said, a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down. And it is definitely in the most delightful way. This movie takes Tarantino's impeccable eye for a fun and joyous scene of carnage, runs it through his mad house of sharp dialogue and writing, and spreads it liberally with references to anything pop-culture. It really is progressive movie making. Taking classical compositions (old school movies), adding a modern twist, making it a blast to watch. If Tarantino wanted the make a movie for you to wrap your brain around he WOULD HAVE, made a Pulp Fiction 2, Reservoir Dogs 2, Jackie Brown 2. Instead he just wants his audience to revel in the same styles of film making that inspired him in the first place. If you weren't entertained by this, nothing can do it. Stop thinking so much, and start loving more. Expand
  42. RobM.
    Jul 14, 2004
    Uma Thurman is such a great actress.
  43. MarcD.
    Jul 12, 2004
    The most stylish movie that I've seen in years. It's a homage to so many movies, Roger Ebert couldn't even name them all. It has something for everyone.
  44. KyleA.
    Jul 9, 2004
    Excellent film with witty dialogue and exuberant fight scenes.
  45. ChadS.
    Jul 7, 2004
    It's hard to believe that Warren Beatty was Quentin Tarrantino's first choice to play Bill. If David Carradine passed, Iggy Pop might've been able to pull it off. As for The Bride, Uma Thurman is it. My favorite Uma moment is when Budd (Michael Madsen) gives her a choice between the flashlight, or the mace, and she motions for the former, before Tarrantino pays homage to It's hard to believe that Warren Beatty was Quentin Tarrantino's first choice to play Bill. If David Carradine passed, Iggy Pop might've been able to pull it off. As for The Bride, Uma Thurman is it. My favorite Uma moment is when Budd (Michael Madsen) gives her a choice between the flashlight, or the mace, and she motions for the former, before Tarrantino pays homage to "The Vanishing". She's going to be overlooked at Oscar-time again. What Thurman does with a pair of chopsticks is every bit as impressive as reciting a line of dialogue with conviction, such as "Old Lady Swanger says you need help, so here I am," or "Make me feel good." Her scenes with Pai Mei (Gordon Liu) must set some kind of record for fun. Are Pei Mei's eyebrows a quote? Morgan Freeman in "Dreamcatcher"? The domestic scenes that close this magnificent film is a little jarring, but that's because we're so sick of cute kids, which begets cute kid moments, and we don't necessarily want an apology for all the violence. Tarrantino wanted to give The Bride depth, but maybe he went at it with too heavy a hand. "Kill Bill Vol. 1" and "Vol. 2" needs to be restored to its original version. This is filmmaking so exhilirating, nobody would've minded being stuck in the theater for three-and-a-half hours. You can't deny Quentin Tarrantino is a major filmmaker, albeit shallow. Shallow masterpieces or near-masterpieces, are better than films with delusions of Oscar grandeur. Expand
  46. NinjaMafia
    Jun 29, 2004
    Kill Bill (both volume one and two combined) is possibly my favorite action movie of all time, if not my favorite overall movie of all time. However, both volume one and two raise up some pretty interesting facts. Before anything, let me say that I am fifteen years old. Let's start with Kill Bill volume one first. My favorite film of 2003 was taken in pretty well by critics. It Kill Bill (both volume one and two combined) is possibly my favorite action movie of all time, if not my favorite overall movie of all time. However, both volume one and two raise up some pretty interesting facts. Before anything, let me say that I am fifteen years old. Let's start with Kill Bill volume one first. My favorite film of 2003 was taken in pretty well by critics. It wasn't overwhelming praise from them but they still said it was pretty good. However, most of the public didn't care to go see it, and those that did were most likely over the age of twenty. What I then discovered was that the youth of today thought the commercials looked like the movie was stupid. Strange, the commercials, combined with Quinten Tarantino's interview on the Iron Monkey DVD, made me really want to see this movie. Kill Bill volume one then comes out on DVD and the entire youth loves it. However, they unfortunatley love it just because it was hyper violent. They failed to see all the homages it paid to old samurai flicks, thus making me believe they didn't get the whole picture. However, that's the new age generation for you, not wanting to see older flicks just because their won't be buckets of blood or expensive CG or explosions every two seconds. I however, was in love with old asian movies before I saw this movie, and when Sonny Chiba appeared on the screen I just got giddy with excitement. The gushing blood was also a homage to old samurai flicks, which I do like that Quinten added this little extra. Now comes Kill Bill volume two, getting amazing praise from critics and getting alot more youth seeing it than Kill Bill volume one. What's this though? The youth doesn't like it as much as volume one, and how come? Simple, it isn't ultra-violent. The movie takes its time to develope a storyline and three dimensional characters, which is obviously more than what most of todays youth can't grasp. Which also brings me to why the critics love this movie more than volume one. Volume two is more of a homage to westerns while volume one is a homage to old asian grindhouse flicks. I bet you that more critics have seen westerns than samurai movies and thus understand volume two a lot more. Which is also why the youth of today like volume one more than volume two. Take a survey of your local school and tell me how many students actually like westerns. What's this? Not alot you say? My point exactly. While I myself can't say that I am partial to westerns, I do try to keep an open mind when I walk into any movie. However, while I do like samurai and asian flicks better than westerns, I find myself liking Kill Bill Volume two more than one. Mainly because it builds upon an almost non-existent storyline from volume one. Thus making me care for the characters and their dilemmas. When The Bride and Bill finally do meet, their conversation opens up a whole new level of perspective for the movie. The consequences of revenge are revealed and questioned. Everything comes together and in a big bang of a finale, the whole story wraps up in an ending which may seem cliche and overdone, but works for this particular film. Kill Bill is a perfect revenge story played out with tons of homages to old films and told with a new age twist which in the end creates one of the coolest movies. This is the new age movie for people who like old movies. Expand
  47. DorianGrey
    Jun 22, 2004
    Finally I can name without a doubt the best movie in the world. It's Kill Bill (1&2).
  48. LukeS.
    Jun 21, 2004
    This is a film that everybody should see. Let me qualify that - if you are genuinely interested in movies, then Kill Bill 2 is for you. People who go to the movies for 'something to do' - people who relish in the familiar, the tried and true, the pre-packaged fun-for-all fruit of the Hollywood orchid - this may not be your cup of tea. It will disappoint those who measure a film This is a film that everybody should see. Let me qualify that - if you are genuinely interested in movies, then Kill Bill 2 is for you. People who go to the movies for 'something to do' - people who relish in the familiar, the tried and true, the pre-packaged fun-for-all fruit of the Hollywood orchid - this may not be your cup of tea. It will disappoint those who measure a film by it's action scenes: Mike P, Joey 16, Julian M and Shay seem to have been upset that the violence and mayhem - let to run loose in Kill Bill 1 - were restrained in Kill Bill 2 to allow for the plot and characters to develop. TrixRone seems to prefer scripted predicable film fare ? disappointed by the absence of a cool martial arts comeback finale ? s/he would apparently prefer that Tarrentino follow the book rather than write in it. Sigh...I guess some people would be happy enough if we took 5 good movies and kept cycling them round, changing character names and swapping their hats to make it all seem like something new. For other people, people who look for something new, refreshing, daring, different, and carefully (lovingly!) crafted ? see this film. Everything about it is stunning ? the razor sharp dialogue; the depth of each character (Bill himself was fascinating ? I could not work out whether I loved him or hated him!); the camera work ? each shot made to count; the escapism?mark my words, this one will be on the shelf for a long time to come. Expand
  49. AndrewW.
    Jun 6, 2004
    Movie reviewers take Kill Bill vol. 1&2 way too seriously. I mean it's obviously a comic book style action movie that acts as a very charming throwback to those old late night samurai shows. I think it's unfair to rate the film based on either of its halves. You're basically being asked to state which half of the movie you prefer over the other, that doesn't seem very Movie reviewers take Kill Bill vol. 1&2 way too seriously. I mean it's obviously a comic book style action movie that acts as a very charming throwback to those old late night samurai shows. I think it's unfair to rate the film based on either of its halves. You're basically being asked to state which half of the movie you prefer over the other, that doesn't seem very logical to me. Either you like it on a whole or not. Expand
  50. MichaelB.
    Jun 6, 2004
    Stop hatin on it you lil punk.
  51. BrianS.
    May 30, 2004
    Tarantino's fourth and a half film is definitely one of his best, of course it will never beat out Pulp Fiction, but what does? If Kill Bill 1 is spaggetti western action, than Kill Bill 2 is all dialogue in the comfortable Quentin style. Note, Uma Thurman really shines, a must see obviously if you watched and liked the first. Seems to be a set of films that only get better with time.
  52. AdrianW.
    May 26, 2004
    People like the Washington Post's Ann Hornaday and those dried husks from the two New York magazines must've died a little inside years ago to be so blind to movie that is so alive and filled with love. Love for its characters, even the villains, love of life and love of the art of cinema. This movie, for me encapsulates everything that's good about film and life in People like the Washington Post's Ann Hornaday and those dried husks from the two New York magazines must've died a little inside years ago to be so blind to movie that is so alive and filled with love. Love for its characters, even the villains, love of life and love of the art of cinema. This movie, for me encapsulates everything that's good about film and life in general. It's inspired and inspiring. Experience it - it'll do your heart good. Expand
  53. TonyB.
    May 12, 2004
    Quite possibly one of my favorite films of all time. Kill Bill 1 was an omage to the Kung Fu genre...Kill Bill 2 is a straight up Kung Fu movie. people who say it's boring are just those who don't appreciate wonderful dialogue. All the Quentin is praised for about his dialogue comes to its pinnacle in this movie. yes, it's a lot of talking...but it's to make up for the Quite possibly one of my favorite films of all time. Kill Bill 1 was an omage to the Kung Fu genre...Kill Bill 2 is a straight up Kung Fu movie. people who say it's boring are just those who don't appreciate wonderful dialogue. All the Quentin is praised for about his dialogue comes to its pinnacle in this movie. yes, it's a lot of talking...but it's to make up for the lack of character development in the first movie. Every character was perfect. Best casting I've seen in so long. Every character that appeared on the screen was that character. it was the actor playing the character... it WAS that character... awesome movie. I'll stop gushing. Expand
  54. MatthewB.
    May 12, 2004
    This movie is the real thing!!!! Blood, Samurai Swords, Guns, fighting and a hell lot of Action!!! When you see the first five minutes of the first movie you get attached to it, in this movie in the first few seconds your eyes are glued to the television, your watching every second, no blinking and no breathing!!!! Your purpose of your life is to see this Movie!!!!! If you have seen the This movie is the real thing!!!! Blood, Samurai Swords, Guns, fighting and a hell lot of Action!!! When you see the first five minutes of the first movie you get attached to it, in this movie in the first few seconds your eyes are glued to the television, your watching every second, no blinking and no breathing!!!! Your purpose of your life is to see this Movie!!!!! If you have seen the first movie then you will definatly want to watch this!!! You want to find out, does B*****x get her revenge and KILL BILL!!!!! This movie has to be the Best, most blood splattered and intense movie of all year!!!! You must see it NOW!!!!!! If not then you miss a load out of your life!!!! Go see it!!!! Thank You & I AM GONNA KILL BILL!!!!! Expand
  55. DenizD.
    May 11, 2004
    This is a master piece of Tarantino's a Great movie for all martial Arts fans but the movie is so great becose Yuen-yoo-ping is the action director.
  56. HenryS.
    May 10, 2004
    This movie is so good it makes me want 2 kill bill (munz that is).
  57. Jared
    May 9, 2004
    Great movie. Vol. 1 provides the action, Vol. 2 provides the story. Amazing.
  58. MaxwellS.
    May 8, 2004
    This was extremely satisfying. A fantastic ending to a great movie (That is Kill Bill, none of this Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 crap.). Excellent performances, even by Daryl Hannah, and Tarantino's always brilliant direction helped make this a fantastic conclusion.
  59. MikeO.
    May 6, 2004
    This movie can't get 10 because, like any movie, it just can't tie up every loose end. Apart from that minor comment, Kill Bill Vol. 2 is fantastic. The fight scenes are well crafted, and this time the plot and characterizations are improved. The power of this film is in how there is no good versus bad, none of your standard heroine meets hero and falls in love - this is just This movie can't get 10 because, like any movie, it just can't tie up every loose end. Apart from that minor comment, Kill Bill Vol. 2 is fantastic. The fight scenes are well crafted, and this time the plot and characterizations are improved. The power of this film is in how there is no good versus bad, none of your standard heroine meets hero and falls in love - this is just classic and original filmmaking. Great. Expand
  60. AlexT.
    Apr 27, 2004
    Simply excellent!
  61. SaskiaB.
    Apr 27, 2004
    Splendid Cinema: ironical, coltish, dark and lucid at the same time, full of allusions but still inventive and with unforgettable settings.
  62. LexLuthor
    Apr 22, 2004
    Wow, this movie is unbelievable. I definitely could not have come up with a better ending to such an origanal plot. I contemplated much about the ending and seeing how it turned out, twice as good as my best thought, i was awe struck. I must also note that this movie is far less violent and serves to be more of a philosophical tale.
  63. DaveS.
    Apr 21, 2004
    Splitting this movie in two is absolutely unforgivable. Both parts suffer when they are viewed separately!
  64. DanC.
    Apr 20, 2004
    A great film! Better than Vol. 1 which placed 9th on my top ten list last year.
  65. Notnice
    Apr 20, 2004
    His best movie. my favorite movie. i want to spend the rest of my life with it.
  66. DanH.
    Apr 19, 2004
    As a whole, better than reservoir dogs, not as good as pulp fiction. incredible movie. go see it, you won't be disappointed.
  67. David
    Apr 19, 2004
    Absolutely terrific. Couldn't have been happier with it.
  68. JB
    Apr 19, 2004
    I guess there's two types of people, the kind that liked the action of the first one, or the one's who prefer the languid pace of the second. I'm definitely the latter. As exciting as the first one was was, the blood turned me off eventually. After Vol. 1, how could Tarentino stage a final action scene to trump everything before. He doesn't, and gives us a surprisingly I guess there's two types of people, the kind that liked the action of the first one, or the one's who prefer the languid pace of the second. I'm definitely the latter. As exciting as the first one was was, the blood turned me off eventually. After Vol. 1, how could Tarentino stage a final action scene to trump everything before. He doesn't, and gives us a surprisingly touching ending. I expected a fun but shallow movie, but I unexpectedly got a lot of heart instead. Expand
  69. TomB.
    Apr 18, 2004
    Wow. That's pretty much what I was thinking as I walked out of the theater this afternoon. Now if you don't like to view scenes of violence in a film and if you've seen any of Quentin Tarantino's previous films (such as Reservoir Dogs or Pulp Fiction) and didn't like them then you probably wouldn't like either Vol.1 or 2 of Kill Bill. On the other hand, if Wow. That's pretty much what I was thinking as I walked out of the theater this afternoon. Now if you don't like to view scenes of violence in a film and if you've seen any of Quentin Tarantino's previous films (such as Reservoir Dogs or Pulp Fiction) and didn't like them then you probably wouldn't like either Vol.1 or 2 of Kill Bill. On the other hand, if you do enjoy the type of movies that Tarantino makes you'll love this one. Everyone in this film is perfectly cast and the action scenes leave you with your mouth gaping open. Vol. 2 answers many questions that one may have been asking (and several that would've never even occurred to you) after viewing Vol. 1 although I'd say that even if you haven't seen the first Kill Bill movie the second one will still stand on it's own as there are enough references to what transpired in the previous film that you won't feel lost. Of course since Kill Bill Vol. 1 is now out on DVD I'd suggest renting it prior to seeing the second installment (if you haven't seen it already) just to get the full effect. Just as Pulp Fiction did for John Travolta, Samuel Jackson and Bruce Willis, I could easily see this movie reviving a few careers. I have to admit that I had no idea that Daryl Hannah could really act (which she does in a BIG way in this film) nor did I think that David Carradine could ever project the kind of bigger-than-life presence that he did as the title character. I could easily rant about this movie all day but I won't. Instead I'll just give it two thumbs and and two big toes up as high as I can get 'em and add Kill Bill to my top ten list of favorite films of all time. I plan on seeing it at least once more while it's still in theaters and won't hesitate to purchase the DVD when it comes available. Expand
  70. Victoria
    Apr 18, 2004
    [***SPOILERS***] This movie was absolutely amazing. Although without Volume 1 would not be half as great as we all hold it. Speaking of Volume 1, Volume 2 makes 10 times better. Since everything is finally explained, this movie has absolute greatness. Although there was less action and more feeling in this one, it was still filled with the fights. Especially the showdown between The Bride[***SPOILERS***] This movie was absolutely amazing. Although without Volume 1 would not be half as great as we all hold it. Speaking of Volume 1, Volume 2 makes 10 times better. Since everything is finally explained, this movie has absolute greatness. Although there was less action and more feeling in this one, it was still filled with the fights. Especially the showdown between The Bride and Elle. One of the greatest parts of the movie was the part about snatching Elle's eye, and when Elle says "I killed your master". It was genius. Overall I give Kill Bill Volume 2 a 10 because I thought it was amazing. Expand
  71. Victoria
  72. SupaDipa
    Apr 18, 2004
    Vince H. says this is "one of the 10 best movies I've seen this year". I would say this is one of the 10 best movies (and top 5) I've seen in my entire life. And I've been watching movies from every single part of the world for my entire life... well, maybe I'm still under the whole Kill Bill effect, but how many movies have such a lasting effect on its viewers?!
  73. RonR.
    Apr 18, 2004
    9 Only because this movie should never have been split in two. Fantastic story of deep emotion and sweet revenge. Maybe because I'm fascinated by emotions and consequences, but that is what this movie is all about, and I'm all over that!
  74. RyanG.
    Apr 18, 2004
    Excellent movie. After seeing it, I think it was a great idea to release the two separately. There is not a single scene that was out of place, making for a very entertaining movie, as well as enthralling end to a perfect saga. The acting is top notch, especially Carradine, who gives a chilling performance.
  75. DerrickD.
    Apr 18, 2004
    Before anyone starts whining about the slow pace, the lack of action, and the fact that this movie "doesn't stand on it own", please consider the fact that the movie isn't meant to stand on its own at all. It, along with Vol.1 are meant to be viewed as a whole and if you're looking for some schlocky, bigger, gorier, more explosive sequel then you are setting yourself up for Before anyone starts whining about the slow pace, the lack of action, and the fact that this movie "doesn't stand on it own", please consider the fact that the movie isn't meant to stand on its own at all. It, along with Vol.1 are meant to be viewed as a whole and if you're looking for some schlocky, bigger, gorier, more explosive sequel then you are setting yourself up for disappointment. I actually enjoyed the fact that Tarantino took the time to slow down and flesh out the brilliant characters of the first movie. The [conclusion (spoiler ommitted)], while anticlimactic to some, is much more appropriate than a knockdown-dragout slugfest that would have done nothing but cheapen the experience all together. Even though I don't think of this movie as a true sequel, I still wish that more sequel could be made in such a matter, instead of the idiotic, money-motivated, big budget, bigger and "better" crap that is released. Expand
  76. VinceH.
    Apr 18, 2004
    Replacing the non-linear, action-packed and bloody soaked fighting of the first film, Tarantino has dedicated this film to character moments and the best dialogue in years. We learn a lot more about Bud, Bill, and the Bride (whose name is finally received). If you go into this film expecting another Vol. 1, you will be dissapointed. The best way to enjoy this is to view it as a part of a Replacing the non-linear, action-packed and bloody soaked fighting of the first film, Tarantino has dedicated this film to character moments and the best dialogue in years. We learn a lot more about Bud, Bill, and the Bride (whose name is finally received). If you go into this film expecting another Vol. 1, you will be dissapointed. The best way to enjoy this is to view it as a part of a whole. The dialogue alone is worth admission. Essentially the last hour of the film is just the Bride and Bill talking to each other...that's it. No action, nothing. The speech that Bill gives about the difference between Superman and Spiderman is arguably one of the finest pieces Tarantino has ever written and brilliant stuff. One of the 10 best movies I've seen this year. Expand
  77. BillC.
    Apr 17, 2004
    One of the best times I've ever had at the movies.
  78. EdK.
    Apr 17, 2004
    After a director delivers a masterpiece such as the Kill Bill saga, a War movie (one of Tarantino?s next plan) sounds totally boring. Actually, after watching Kill Bill Vol. 2 every other movie sounds boring. It almost feels like cinema is over. Nothing can be more entertaining, thrilling, breathtaking and full of adrenaline as KILL BILL.
  79. VincentV.
    Utterly Incredible.
  80. ScottK.
    Apr 17, 2004
    Quentin does not disappoint! David Carradine was great! The strip bar scene was mildly enjoyable, but I have to admit that it could've been cut, it didn't really reveal that much about Bud.
  81. Brian
    Apr 17, 2004
    Brilliant. Sure, it's not as action-packed as the first film, but by slowing down the action, Tarantino has created the perfect complement to Vol. 1. It makes the work as a whole much more substantial than the original, putting it on the same level as QT's best work.
  82. ThomY.
    Apr 17, 2004
    I have to wonder if the people that hated this movie so much have ever seen a Tarantino movie before. I didn't much care for the first movie but coupled together the two would have been a masterpiece. Vol 2., true to Tarantino in every way, is filled with memorable, cleverly overscripted dialogue and the acting is dry and cuting. Oh yeah, and the sound effects are unbelieveable.
  83. TheRealist
    Apr 17, 2004
    Well Kill Bill is finally complete or so we think. Reason I say that is I heard Tarantino is already talking about making a third installment 15 years down the road. It will be about Vivica's daughter seeking revenge on Beatrix Kiddo aka the bride. He wants to use the same little girl for the movie so that's why it wouldn't be for another 15-20 years. We'll know after Well Kill Bill is finally complete or so we think. Reason I say that is I heard Tarantino is already talking about making a third installment 15 years down the road. It will be about Vivica's daughter seeking revenge on Beatrix Kiddo aka the bride. He wants to use the same little girl for the movie so that's why it wouldn't be for another 15-20 years. We'll know after both volumes I'm just blown away by this masterpiece of film both vol.1 and vol.2 bring to the screen. Vol.2 is not nearly as action packed as the first volume, but you have to look at this as one movie people not a sequel. We have to learn more about the characters and their situations why they did this and that. There is action in the second volume and when there is action you feel it as if it were happening to you. Quentin is such a brilliant director and I will be very shocked if this movie does not win an oscar, actually I think it should sweep the oscars, and I will be in shock if it doesn't. Quentin is so underrated by some, they all think Speilberg, Howard, and way overrated George Lucas are the best out there, I don't think so. This movie alone would make him the best director out there. Plus having titles like Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction which are two classics, man he is a genius. This film would probably be the best movie since Scarface and that's saying a lot, especially when you have excellent films like Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction which are a couple more of my favorites. When you go see vol.2 make sure you're looking at this as one whole film cause there is a lot more dialogue in this film, not as much action as the beginning, but still be prepared to be blown away. It makes you want to watch all the old school martial arts flix. O and near the end of the movie if there are any wu-tang fans out there you'll hear the begining of the first song from the GZA cd liquid swords when the girl is telling the tale of the shogun assassain, which i thought was cool cause know i know what movie it came from. Alright enjoy the film and be prepared to be blown away and if you're not go watch films like the whole ten yards or some garbage like that. Expand
  84. JaredSS
    Apr 16, 2004
    Absolutely great! I now honestly believe that Quentin Tarantino is God! Once both volumes are combined to create the "Kill Bill Saga", it'll quite possibly be the coolest and most entertaining piece of filmmaking you'll ever see in your life. Ridiculously recommended!
  85. AnthonyC.
    Apr 16, 2004
    Amazing film, great dialogue, and great action. Reminds me of why I ever started watching movies in the first place. Anybody who would say otherwise or recommend "The Whole Ten Yards" over Kill Bill needs to consider not watching movies ever.
    Apr 16, 2004
    This movie is the best one I have seen all year.
  87. JoeM.
    Apr 16, 2004
    A brilliant work of art by Tarantino; anyone who thinks otherwise, I truly feel sorry for - you'll never get it.
  88. DerekM.
    Apr 16, 2004
    There's a major difference between unintentional stupidity and intentional artistic stupidity. This movie will get a lot of bad reviews because many can not tell the difference. If you don't like movies about movies. Skip this, cause it's a an ode to old b movies. Otherwise it's a must see. It doesn't have a great plot, it's not particularily intense, just There's a major difference between unintentional stupidity and intentional artistic stupidity. This movie will get a lot of bad reviews because many can not tell the difference. If you don't like movies about movies. Skip this, cause it's a an ode to old b movies. Otherwise it's a must see. It doesn't have a great plot, it's not particularily intense, just perfectly directed, and filled to the brink with fun. A great gem of an action film that reminds me of the days when action films didn't have to suck. Expand
  89. Rich
    Apr 16, 2004
    Surprisingly sweet and ridiculously exciting film experience. Gorgeous cinematography and one of the most thoroughly exciting fight scenes I've ever seen on the big screen, this is definitely one to not miss.
  90. SeanM.
    Apr 16, 2004
    Have to see, great, don't miss, one of the best of this year. Personally one of my favorite movies.
  91. RobbyD.
    Apr 16, 2004
    When you go to see a Quentin Tarantino film, you best prepare yourself for one wild ride. Kill Bill is like nothing else out there today. Whether that is good or bad is up to the viewer... but the least one can do is give this movie a chance. In my humble opinion, Vol. 2 was well worth the wait. Proof positive that Hollywood can still be FUN.
  92. JonathanH.
    Apr 16, 2004
    Brilliant, Much Better then the first, and i loved the first, But this one took care of it in every single way.
  93. BlancoA.
    Apr 16, 2004
    If any movie, or pair of movies, deserves a perfect score, it's certainly this one (or these). I just saw both films for the first time -- at the ArcLight in Hollywood, the old CineramaDome (perfect sound, etc.) -- and was floored. The feeling I had upon leaving the theater was reminiscent of the feeling I had leaving Pulp Fiction, but I'd probably have to say that "Kill Bill" If any movie, or pair of movies, deserves a perfect score, it's certainly this one (or these). I just saw both films for the first time -- at the ArcLight in Hollywood, the old CineramaDome (perfect sound, etc.) -- and was floored. The feeling I had upon leaving the theater was reminiscent of the feeling I had leaving Pulp Fiction, but I'd probably have to say that "Kill Bill" (hereinafter referring to Volumes 1 & 2 as a unit) is superior. And if you have a theater in your town playing both parts back-to-back, you MUST see them together. 9:30 show, Midnight show.... the time flew by. It's too late and I'm too tired to go into detail, but just go see the damned thing. I'm honestly dumbfounded by the comments of Danielle, Amber, Bob and anyone else that gives this film a freakin' "Zero." Personal animosity with QT??? Did your boyfriends break up with you after Jackie Brown?? Uma Thurman is incredibly solid in both films, but her character is developed so elegantly in the second part. Sonny Chiba, the Old Master, and the guy that played Jean Renault from "Twin Peaks" played brilliant supporting roles. I've actually been feeling sorry of late for some of these professional Metacritic critics for having to see so many rubbish films that the studios have been churning out since about 1999. Kill Bill is the gleaming gem amidst the riff-raff. You'd be a fool to miss this one. Expand
  94. JonathanF.
    Apr 13, 2004
    Excellent Thriller.
  95. GordoV.
    Apr 13, 2004
    Best movie eva.
  96. GabeD.
    Apr 12, 2004
    Quentin Tarantino does it again.
  97. Will
    Apr 11, 2004
    Just simply the best.
  98. NicholasH.
    Apr 10, 2004
    Even better than the first.....if you can believe it!
  99. RyanM.
    Apr 9, 2004
    A movie to end all movies. Tarantino has done something incredible here, and that's almost equal to "Pulp Fiction." Kill Bill, Volumes 1 & 2 make up one of the greatest films ever in cinematic history. It blew me away.

1. Kill Bill-Vol. 2 puts to shame doubts entertained about aesthetic strategies or structural imbalance provoked by "Kill Bill-Vol. 1." Now that the entirety of Quentin Tarantino's epic revenge melodrama is on view, "Kill Bill" emerges as a brilliant, invigorating work, one to muse over for years to come.
    You'll thrill to the action, savor the tasty dialogue and laugh like bloody hell.
  3. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Originally conceived as one film, the two-parter that has finally emerged can now be seen as a truly epic work.