7.9

1. Nov 15, 2014
    not much except for the greatest love scene ever. "You've saved the kung woo heart exploder pincer move just for me?"

"I'll just crawl over here and die now."

two hours too late for the movie
  2. Sep 3, 2014
    "Kill Bill: Vol. 2" is even better than the first part! It's not as action-packed, but it covers more of why The Bride is so hell-bent on getting revenge which makes up for the slower parts of the film. Volume 2 is bigger, bolder, and better than Volume 1.
  3. Aug 28, 2014
    Every so often a sequel surpasses its predecessor, Kill Bill Vol. 2 does that by a long shot. Volume 2 is tighter, swifter and much more entertaining.
  4. chw
    Aug 16, 2014
    Not as good as the first volume, since this volume was incredibly slow but does pick up a bit, but it has a fantastic conclusion at the end of the movie.
  5. May 30, 2014
    Another good film by QT I think that a lot of his stuff is overrated but not this one I really enjoyed this one. It is not as gory as the first but it is better. There are some really cool fight scenes and a great story and dialogue typical in most QT movies. The acting in this movie is great as they make all of the characters really mysterious which I thoroughly enjoyed. Definitely checkAnother good film by QT I think that a lot of his stuff is overrated but not this one I really enjoyed this one. It is not as gory as the first but it is better. There are some really cool fight scenes and a great story and dialogue typical in most QT movies. The acting in this movie is great as they make all of the characters really mysterious which I thoroughly enjoyed. Definitely check this one and the firs one out. Expand
  6. May 8, 2014
    Certainly less action-packed than the first one, Part II of this film returns many of the elements that made the first film a success, namely Uma Thurman being a total badass and then the dark comedy that is a trademark in all Tarantino films. In addition, the omages to samurai and spaghetti westerns is perfectly done (and is almost done comedically too). In addition, this film does aCertainly less action-packed than the first one, Part II of this film returns many of the elements that made the first film a success, namely Uma Thurman being a total badass and then the dark comedy that is a trademark in all Tarantino films. In addition, the omages to samurai and spaghetti westerns is perfectly done (and is almost done comedically too). In addition, this film does a better job than the first at providing depth to the characters and figuring out events that we simply saw glimpses of in Volume 1. The acting is also really good, especially Thurman and David Carradine. Michael Madsen also turned in a solid supporting role. However, the best thing this film provides is entertainment. Like its predecessor, this one is endlessly entertaining.

In terms of the script, it is admittedly incredibly cheesy. At times, I caught myself thinking, "Really? They put that in?", but as it is undoubtedly intentionally bad, it is not really a major knock against this one. Also, my more major knock is the ending. It is very...unsatisfying and anticlimactic. We're waiting for this moment the whole time and then...ok? I just wish that the ending was more of what the film was seemingly leading up to, rather than a detour from that script.
  7. Apr 29, 2014
    Kill Bill Vol. 2 delivers a slightly less of a punch than Vol. 1, but it goes more in depth about the story aspect, and less on the Bride slicing the limbs off The Crazy 88.
  8. Jan 6, 2014
    O filme simplesmente um máximo
  9. Dec 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When looking at Kill Bill: Volume 1, you look for a fun action movie, a stylistic revenge flick. You get that in Volume 2 as well, but the dramatic leanings of the film are much more evident. To take Volume 2 asa great movie is something that is easier to do than Volume 1, and it works. The highlight of the film, by a wide margin, was the finale scenes with Beatrix and Bill talking, their short battle, and coming to terms with Bill's death. David Carradine's acting was superb, and I fail to see how he was not nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor the year this film was released. A great movie, plain and simple. Expand
  10. Dec 12, 2013
    Not as full on as the first- with less action and more talking- but the style and delivery is perfect in adding substance to the story and concluding it well.
  11. Aug 31, 2013
    meskipun dengan action yang kurang dari film sebelumnya, namun kekurangan itu berhasil ditambal dengan cerita yang menarik dan dialog2 yang baik, uma thurman tamah mengkilap di film ini namun dua jempol patut disematkan pda David Carradine as Bill auranya dalam film itu sungguh powerful banget
  12. Aug 17, 2013
    Kill Bill volume 2 is almost a completely different film to the first. Where volume 1 is purely action-driven with a lot of uncensored blood & gore, this one is the opposite. The first volume had some excellent scenes and fantastic direction, but lacked depth in its story. Volume 2 provides this backing, and does it in an immersive way. Every moment feels like it was expertly directed andKill Bill volume 2 is almost a completely different film to the first. Where volume 1 is purely action-driven with a lot of uncensored blood & gore, this one is the opposite. The first volume had some excellent scenes and fantastic direction, but lacked depth in its story. Volume 2 provides this backing, and does it in an immersive way. Every moment feels like it was expertly directed and put together. There is perhaps only one or two moments of actual violence in this film, the rest is purely story and character driven. However, the beauty of it is that there's not a single minute where you're bored and wishing for more of the brutal combat shown in volume 1. There are a lot of subtle but powerful messages in this film, and in my opinion more than make up for the lack of action. The fact that all the action is in volume 1 and the story in volume 2 actually makes the film more unique in my opinion, rather than having a generic mix of the two. I think this film is passable stand-alone, but you need to have seen volume 1 to appreciate it more and understand why there isn't much action in it. Overall, a must-see if you have watched Kill Bill Volume 1 and want to know more about the story. Expand
  13. Jun 26, 2013
    The Bride continues to seek her vengeance by searching the man responsible of the grace shot she received. It is the perfect combination of gore, action and Tarantino touch in a single movie. (Considering Kill Bill vol.1 and vol. 2 as one film) It should be recognized as a MUST see at anytime given.
  14. May 7, 2013
    It's bigger, deadlier and much much better than Volume 1, which in itself was a fantastic film, but Kill Bill Volume 2 delivers a sucker punch in dramatic storytelling with wonderful homages to martial arts films of yesteryear, and this was mastered without there being as much action as the first.
    Right off the mark, we need to remember that this is a continuation, that these two films were supposed to be one, so to recap, The Bride (Uma Thurman) is on a revenge mission to hunt out those who betrayed her, former colleagues of the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad, led by Bill (Dennis Carradine).
    This time around we meet Budd (Michael Madsen) who is now living in a trashed out trailer and getting by as a bouncer, until The Bride shows up. We are also reintroduced to Elle Driver, the one-eyed assassin from the previous instalment, with a much bigger part to play this time around.
    Volume 2 confidently ties up all the loose ends of the first outing, the story is broader in scope to allow more of a human touch to the colourful proceedings, but still using past films to capture the true nature of the story.
    While not as violent as the original, there is much more dialogue in Volume 2, the fact that the whole 'saga' is in fact one film shows true balance to the story, The Bride at first is full of hatred and revenge, but now realises she has almost reached the end of the road, and this makes for much more interesting and intriguing scenes with The Bride and of course, Bill.
    Quentin Tarantino has now proved his ability to tell a compelling story through various body movements and the art of filmmaking and creating the perfect scene to capture that one defining moment, and that is where the cinematography exceeds in every level in this film.
    Uma Thurman delivers another driven performance as The Bride, and yes, her real name is revealed in the film. Her continuing motivation to capture the essence of a character is what makes her a suitable lead, something which will always leave a lasting effect. Dennis Carradine is typically charming yet deadly as Bill, his references to comic books and how superheroes reflect human nature is genius, and shows the powerful dialogue that Tarantino can create.
    The action scenes still do exist, while not is colourful, they are certainly memorable and beautiful to watch.
    my advice is to sit and watch these two films as a whole, and to receive a true masterclass in filmmaking and how to put across a simple story for everyone else to be interested in.
  15. Apr 7, 2013
    This film is less of a sequel and more a continuation of the Bride's story. This one contains more philosophy and a sense of urgency leading to the final confrontation with Bill. Tarantino has succeeded in creating a masterful story and will go down as one of my favorite sets of films.
  16. Mar 9, 2013
    It escapes from its silly setting and focuses on all plot. But even with one of the best performances of all time from Uma Thurman, Tarantino still can't escape from Kill Bills messy plot.
  17. Dec 14, 2012
    (NOTE: This review covers only Vol. 2 of the Kill Bill Saga. For Vol. 1, see my profile page. For a complete overall score on the entire Kill Bill saga, see after this review)
    Part 2 of this elaborate revenge, murder rampage concentrates more on the actual plot and less on the violence. Is that good thing? No, not at all. The violence and fighting sequences as well as the unique blend of Asian cinema homages and cinematography are what actually kept Vol. 1 above 5/10 for me. However, for Vol. 2, the homages and unique style of Vol. 1 is almost completely non-existent (no, the training segment with Pai Mei does not qualify to a homage as its cliche' as hell and has been done hundreds of times in modern films), the action sequences are reduces to a few disappointing minutes, the actual movie itself is set in some of the most bland locales (as opposed to exotic locations of Vol. 1), and the characters...you just dont care anymore. The new characters dont really bring much to the table and are all uninspiring to the point of mediocrity. You can almost feel that Thurman herself as a character is losing steam as opposed to her great portrayal in Vol.1. And finally, they decided to focus on the plot, the weakest aspect of the entire saga. Well, I guess they have to. Imagine Transformers with barely any cool fight sequences and have Shia Lebouf and Optimus Prime talk for most of the film. This is like Vol. 2 - instead of more violent sequences in the unique style and soundtrack as pinpointed by Vol. 1, Vol. 2 decided to just throw all that in the bin and opted for a more quiet and ultimately, more lacking concluding film which, while wraps up Kiddo's tale (the final 'boss fight' just feels disjointed and lacks tension), is at the end of the day, becomes a cliche' drama rather than an action thriller. Dont watch this on drunk nights like Vol. 1, instead just read the wikipedia plot section. You're not missing anything by not watching it. Throwing away the elements which made Part 1 fun, Vol. 2 of Kill Bill is a mediocre, disappointing conclusion that feel like a Samurai warrior who basically used up all his strength for the first half of the fight while for the second half, decides to use a gun instead to finish his opponent. OVERALL: With Vol. 1 and 2 taken into considerable, Kill Bill feels disjointed with dramatic shifts to pace that just feels unnatural. Decent fight sequences, coupled with unique film styles and homages to Asian cinema make the first half of the saga enjoyable if you're feeling a little bloodlustful wheras you may be disappointed at the ending and concluding hour where the pace slackens and action is thrown out the window. Kill Bill as a whole with Vol. 1 and 2 combined receives a 6/10. A decent, intriguing piece of cinema that will divide audiences and is ultimately an enjoyable thriller for those after something more raw and intimate.
  18. Nov 24, 2012
    This movie wasn't as violent, and well written as its procedure, The acting is way more better, especially Thurman's performance.
  19. Sep 9, 2012
    Not so memorable as Kill Bill Vol. 1 for me, a bit touchy sometimes and naive at moments (e.g. the daughter's plot), thanks to Madsen and Carradine I found it really enjoyable. It's Tarantino ok, the references to westerns, noir, and kung-fu movies are cool, but a bit schematic and dull to some extent.
  20. Aug 10, 2012
    I feel as though Tarrantino's wasted his own and the actors talents. Unlike most of his movies the films talky scenes are boring and stupid. I loved the rest of his movies but Kill Bill vol 2 just sucks.
  21. Jun 12, 2012
    Kill Bill: Vol. 1 allowed Quentin Tarantino to show off his panache for crafting thrilling and stylish action. Vol. 2 allowed him to prove that he is also a master of character development and affecting drama. Uma Thurman once again impresses as The Bride, and this time her character is allowed to become a real human being driven by emotions beyond those connected to a desire for revenge.Kill Bill: Vol. 1 allowed Quentin Tarantino to show off his panache for crafting thrilling and stylish action. Vol. 2 allowed him to prove that he is also a master of character development and affecting drama. Uma Thurman once again impresses as The Bride, and this time her character is allowed to become a real human being driven by emotions beyond those connected to a desire for revenge. Michael Madsen also makes his mark as Budd, Bill's brother and another former assassin on The Bride's kill list, who is long past his best and quite understanding of her need to kill him and his former associates, proclaiming with a hint of remorse "That woman deserves her revenge, and we deserve to die". Fittingly, seeing as he's the titular character and primary antagonist of this two-part epic, the late David Carradine's Bill is utterly mesmerising. He completely embodies the enigma and contradictions of his character - a caring father and also a violent mercenary, a philosophical big-thinker but also heavily reliant on animalistic instinct, a stoic outward appearance but not above crude insults. He's a superb character creation of Tarantino's, and is easily one of the best, most terrifying, interesting and layered movie villains of all time. While the story is enthralling throughout, where the film reaches its true potential is with the final act. You'd be forgiven for expecting an extravagant final battle, blade-to-blade between The Bride and Bill, as that's what we've been lead to believe we've been building to. What Tarantino gives us instead is a taught, tense and sublimely written final conversation between the two characters. The result is a far more original, intelligent and satisfying conclusion to this incredible revenge saga. With the first volume of Kill Bill, Quentin Tarantino managed to make lowbrow filmmaking respectable; with Vol. 2, through accomplished direction, a brilliant cast and flawless craftsmanship, Tarantino elevates trash to high art. Expand
  22. Mar 31, 2012
    This movie took me by surprise because it was so different than the first one. However, that only made it better. This movie has such an impressive essence about it. Uma was very convincing and brilliant in this film. It is brutal and unsympathetic in its nature. Among one of the best films ever. A true masterpiece.
  23. Mar 30, 2012
    I feel the same way about Kill Bill Vol. 2 as i did the first. Again no big deal with solid acting and slightly better action scenes. The ending though is way overdone. Please just Kill Bill already.
  24. Mar 18, 2012
    Definently the better of the two films. Acting is a lot better, So is the action. It ended in a good way as well. Definently worth watching imo. I really liked it.
  25. Mar 3, 2012
    Highly overrated, ridiculously overlong, highly plagiarized yawner that makes little sense. Stale and action-free from start to finish. The first film was shoddy, but at least it was moderately ENTERTAINING! Tarantino at his absolute worst, unless you count his performance in From Dusk Til Dawn...
  26. Feb 23, 2012
    I like Tarantina's films! I like Uma Turman and this film is amazing! Love it ! It is me favourit film!
  27. Jan 5, 2012
    A lot better sequel then I expected. The story ended good and the acting was great as well. It was also a lot more interesting this time around as well. I enjoyed it a lot more then the first film.
  28. Nov 16, 2011
    I recently just watched both movies for the first time i have to by it self this movie is not much to talk about, but seeing vol.2 the movie was extremely better as a whole. This one by itself was really good and i really liked the ending of it all. I recommend especially anyone who is a fan of the old kung fu movies
  29. Nov 15, 2011
    Best than it's predecessor, this volume show us how creative Tarantino's mind can be. Showing the revenge of the Bride aka Beatrix Potter - Uma Thuman, in her best acting ever, even better than in Pulp Fiction- we get the blood we need, and even another great character, Elle Driver -Daryl Hannah, once again, great. Brilliant.
  30. Oct 7, 2011
    Amazing movie, director and actors. All the characters are interresting, the action scenes are awesome, and Taratino knows how to surprises the viewer. A reference.
  31. Sep 26, 2011
    Its rare that I give a film 10/10 or 5 stars but this film truly deserves it. It is the perfect culmination of the two films. The first film acted as a great origins film looking back on what brought The Bride to where she was when she started her quest for vengeance but it had its flaws (ultra violence only works in small quantities, just ask Total Recall). Kill Bill Vol 2 works with whatIts rare that I give a film 10/10 or 5 stars but this film truly deserves it. It is the perfect culmination of the two films. The first film acted as a great origins film looking back on what brought The Bride to where she was when she started her quest for vengeance but it had its flaws (ultra violence only works in small quantities, just ask Total Recall). Kill Bill Vol 2 works with what the 1st volume had already established but rounded out the remaining targets as well as The Bride herself. The emulation of classic Kung Fu films further accentuated the characters and there admiration for the art. In the 1st volume that was something only touched on briefly and most characters suffered because they were not properly build with O-Ren Ishii being nothing more than a mob boss. Volume 2 shows Bill to be both a complex character with multiple urges and desires but also a extremely childish character who is incredibly impulsive. Yet again Tarrantino's script is so nuanced and detailed that every conversation comes off as real in a film that even embraces the cheese of vintage Kung Fu movies (fast zoom and all). Despite the fact that the film had a problem with momentum there was never a moment when I wasn't completely encapsulated in what was happening on screen with the Pai Mei scenes being extremely riviting despite serving very little purpose. The main draw however was understanding these characters, what drives them, why they need what they need. Daryl Hannah's Elle is one such character whose seething hatred of The Bride would seem like petty jealousy if you had only seen the 1st film but there is so much more to it and this film succeeds in every aspect of character. If there is anything wrong with this film it would be Budd's section (not that there is anything wrong with Michael Madsen) because there were scenes that just served no purpose at all, not even a little and yet were shoehorned in to give Madsen something to do. The finale of the film is both riveting and deeply emotional with everything that had been set up by the final moments of Volume 1 culminating beautifully and the final scene with The Bride (whose name is revealed) on the bathroom floor just describes how detailed this film really is. A masterpiece in every sense of the word. Also, who knew making sandwiches could be so captivating. Expand
  32. Sep 21, 2011
    Slightly cleaner and organized than its prequel, but nevertheless its a messy film.
  33. Jul 22, 2011
    Kill Bill... is cool. Really, really cool. It's Quentin Tarantino. He's cool. Really, really cool.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Kill Bill isn't supposed to be believable. It's supposed to be... cool, brilliant, and tastefully ridiculous. And that's exactly what Quentin Tarantino does best.
  34. Feb 13, 2011
    There seems to be some confusion in evilD's post. So that you don't get the wrong idea, Kill Bill was not made into two movies to maximize profits. The length of the movie if combined was longer then anticipated. The "over the topness" of the movie is purposeful, creating a homage of old Hong Kong martial arts films, Japanese Chanbara films, exploitation films and spaghetti westerns.There seems to be some confusion in evilD's post. So that you don't get the wrong idea, Kill Bill was not made into two movies to maximize profits. The length of the movie if combined was longer then anticipated. The "over the topness" of the movie is purposeful, creating a homage of old Hong Kong martial arts films, Japanese Chanbara films, exploitation films and spaghetti westerns. Tarantino captures both visual and audial senses of the viewers with the amazing soundtrack to great camera work! Though some may say it had a shallow plot, it was the story of the bride that really held me down in my chair. I can proudly say Kill Bill Vol.1 and Kill Bill Vol.2 are my favourite movies. Expand
  35. Jan 5, 2011
    If, in 'Kill Bill Vol. 1', Quentin Tarantino made one of the best
    movies for people who love Japanese grindhouse, then in 'Vol. 2' he
    made one of the best movies for people who love movies. Tarantino has consistently been my favorite director and 'Kill Bill Vol. 2' is the greatest of all his films to date. This isn't a sequel to 'Vol. 1', as he didn't decide to split 'Kill Bill' up until
    If, in 'Kill Bill Vol. 1', Quentin Tarantino made one of the best
    movies for people who love Japanese grindhouse, then in 'Vol. 2' he
    made one of the best movies for people who love movies. Tarantino has
    consistently been my favorite director and 'Kill Bill Vol. 2' is the
    greatest of all his films to date. This isn't a sequel to 'Vol. 1', as
    he didn't decide to split 'Kill Bill' up until just after he finished
    shooting, it's simply the second half. 'Vol. 1' is an excellent,
    excellent film, but no where in the range of this one. I grin
    ear-to-ear all the way through this movie.

'Vol. 2' is Quentin's most visually beautiful movie yet (and the
    magnificent opening chapter, shot in gleaming black-and-white, is
    resplendent to a degree that is profound, as is the great sequence at
    Pai Mei's ancient abode, shot in gloriously seventies-style
    over-saturated greens and glaring whites), and it's where his flair for
    spaghetti-Westerns comes out the most. As in all of Tarantino's films,
    the dialogue is an unadulterated joy.

This is nearly his least violent (and actually also almost his least
    talkative) film yet, and I've read both the original script and David
    Carradine's 'The Kill Bill Diaries', about all he saw of the making of
    the movies, and it's clear that many of Quentin's best decisions had to
    do with diminishing or removing the action. In place of the more
    obvious strategy of showing us a detailed sequence of the Deadly Viper
    Assassination Squad gruesomely gunning down the people in the chapel,
    he decided no, pull back and let us just listen to a brief event from a
    distance, observing it in a kind of silhouette. And in place of Bill
    firing a warning shot at the Bride and holding her at gun-point while
    she walks towards a couch to seat herself, he decided Bill simply
    regards her casually, his pistol just visible at his waist, of which
    they are both aware. In the earlier idea, all suspense would have been
    spent with the warning shot. When Bill relates the tale of Pai Mei to
    the Bride, he decided it would be more effective to let us use our
    imaginations while listening to Bill's ponderous speech by the
    camp-fire in the dark than to play seventies Kung Fu footage of Pai Mei
    in action over the monologue.

The first time I saw the movie, the first big thing that struck me was
    Budd. His is a great and
    tragic character, and Michael Madsen is a great actor, and his
    performance begins in a singularly perfect scene with Carradine which
    shows us his indifference to, and acceptance of, his approaching
    probable demise. And for a long stretch the Bride is forgotten, and we
    simply follow Budd into the lonely strip club he tends bar at, getting
    a taste of what his existence has become, of his disappointment and
    withdrawal from life (the scene where he argues with his boss Larry and
    finally relinquishes both his hat and his pride is worthy of applause).
    Every time I watch the scene of the Bride's sneak-attack on him, I am
    more amazed by how exquisitely constructed the whole sequence is. A
    long, meticulous build-up ending in unexpected truncation is a
    trade-mark of Quentin's, in action as well as dialogue. What Budd does with the Bride is endlessly fascinating to me in its brilliant, primeval simplicity. This is the stuff of great myths. In the last chapter the tone of the film changes from the grandiose, Tarantinian adventure of the first four chapters and settles into an intimate dialogue between the story's two central characters (and one other, for a time), in which Quentin subtly and expertly simmers the tension and danger that exists between these two supremely deadly assassins. This section of the film is in keeping with an other trade-mark of Quentin's, that of inserting elements of simplest, uttermost reality into an over-the-top, epic story. With Quentin's help, David Carradine produced a magnificent performance in this film, as a man who is possibly even more laid-back than Carradine was himself (and who delivers three great monologues), but who can be deeply, genuinely menacing. 'Kill Bill Vol. 2' is the most joyful, the most exciting, the most glorious celebration of the cinema I've ever seen. It is Tarantino's deepest and most emotionally powerful film by far (and the often over-looked sequence of the Bride slowly preparing herself before leaving a bed-room to face Bill is one of the very best in the film). It has both the best and second- best uses of music I've heard in a movie (if not more). The climax of the Bride's raggedly magnificent confrontation with her wicked rival Elle evokes in me the emotion of sheer love. And the scene of the Bride's triumph over the designs of Budd has become my central image of the cinema. This is a movie that bursts with human life, and with its director's signature passion and love of the movies. I can't tell you how many times I've put the D.V.D. in to look at a specific part, and then ended up watching the whole damn thing again.
  36. Nov 17, 2010
    This along with the prequel to this are definitely the collab of the best movie ever made. I love to watch Vol. 1 and 2 as if it is just one big movie. I LOVE the fight scenes, the more unlocked tells of the other members of the squad and the story of the Bride before all things went south for her. LOVE THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!
  37. Oct 4, 2010
    Gory, unbelievably exciting and featuring fight sequences that will have you drooling on the edge of your seat, the concept is incredibly simple. 'KILL BILL'.
    Definitely up there with 'Pulp Fiction' and 'Inglourious Basterds' as Quentin Tarantino's best film to date, it is an old fashioned horror/comedy/drama that is just so entertaining!
  38. Sep 20, 2010
    Although Kill Bill: Vol. 1 is greater movie than Kill Bill: Vol. 2, Kill Bill: Vol.2 more concentrates on revealing the shocking moment and half-like epic story rather than Kung-fu fighting or stylistic action.
  39. Aug 23, 2010
    pretty much like the first film . your nostalgia will affect how much you like this film . its a little slower paced then the first but fills in the story gaps . i liked this movie about the same as the first . its entertaining but doesnt pull off the fun that sin city pulled off.
  40. Aug 16, 2010
    Quentin Tarantino is a HIGHLY overrated director. All his movies are over the top with no good storylines and stupid sequences with one liners. I really didn't like this movie that much. It was entertaining at times but there are lots of better martial art flicks. This movie doesn't deserve to be on imdb's top 250 and neither does the first. Quentin Tarantino is not a genius he's just aQuentin Tarantino is a HIGHLY overrated director. All his movies are over the top with no good storylines and stupid sequences with one liners. I really didn't like this movie that much. It was entertaining at times but there are lots of better martial art flicks. This movie doesn't deserve to be on imdb's top 250 and neither does the first. Quentin Tarantino is not a genius he's just a guy with a sick mind who shows it to everyone. People may call him artistic I say he's full of sh*t. Any artist could just take a canvas and randomly start painting crap that's completely orignal on it people may like it but I say a real artist takes time to work on the details and everything. Expand
  41. DavidS
    Apr 26, 2010
    THIS is the kind of movie I want to see more of. Flawed, unpolished, and borderline inaccessible to half the population, but incredibly unique, ambitious, and memorable. Tarantino ignores the flat standards set out by hollywood and its hack critics. This is not a "good" movie. This is not a polished movie. This is not a movie that recognizes, nor cares about, what fans of the first want THIS is the kind of movie I want to see more of. Flawed, unpolished, and borderline inaccessible to half the population, but incredibly unique, ambitious, and memorable. Tarantino ignores the flat standards set out by hollywood and its hack critics. This is not a "good" movie. This is not a polished movie. This is not a movie that recognizes, nor cares about, what fans of the first want to see. This is, purely and simply, a work of art in its rawest, most personal form. And it is incredible to behold. Expand
  42. GavinC
    Jul 27, 2009
    Less action, more talking but it somehow lives up to the original's standards.
  43. HelpU
    Jul 19, 2009
    Everything in the movie seems out of place right down the over exaggerated action scenes to the terrible story.
  44. KendoJ
    Jun 10, 2009
    7.6 Perfect sequel to a very cool movie. Alternately hilarious and excruciating. Pai Mei is a brilliant caricature.
  45. KM
    Mar 19, 2009
    Though it wasn't blood splattering fun like the first, it is a great movie all its own and it ends up giving a great conclusion to the epic.
  46. alexb
    Aug 10, 2008
    Another beauty from a brilliant man. This movie is a psychological wonder. The ending was perfect because it mirrored the Bride and Bills warrior ability. This is why I love movies so much, and this is why I love Tarantino so much.
  47. DanK.
    Apr 16, 2008
    I loved the first one, it was so amazing to watch a movie with iconic moments and swift action sequences. The first was intentionally designed to make you react on a gut level not a brain level. The problem here is that this film just goes on too long with so little material. Even the eventual showdown with Bill is a letdown and the samurai violence that the first one was great for has I loved the first one, it was so amazing to watch a movie with iconic moments and swift action sequences. The first was intentionally designed to make you react on a gut level not a brain level. The problem here is that this film just goes on too long with so little material. Even the eventual showdown with Bill is a letdown and the samurai violence that the first one was great for has become joyless and depleted. This film is much different and probably owes more to the spaghetti western genre than the samurai/exlpoitation genre, but it fails at that to. Nothing is inconic, everything is forgettable. I would watch it once if you are dying to find out what happens, but after that, you'll have already forgotten why you cared. It was the journey that counted, and volume 1 was the better half of that journey. Expand
  48. DaveB.
    Mar 2, 2008
    Loved it! It does not surprise me that some people don't though. Quentin T is an acquired taste. Loved the first one too! This guy makes movies the way I would, if I only could. He pulls no punches. Oh, and both movies had some great tunes!!!
  49. LiefS.
    Sep 5, 2007
    i know the two kill bills were originally intended to be one long movie but be that as it may, the second one did not do it for me. we went from seeing the slaying of the crazy 88 in the first movie to a three second chair fight against the main villain
  50. MarkG.
    May 18, 2007
    What's not to love about this movie? Fair enough, its not your type of film, but why even bother attempting to critisize the very elements that make is fantastic?? Tarantino, a self confessed comic book geek throws a comic book story at us on the big screen. Sharp, trademark, witty dialogue and adrenaline fuelled action scenes make this film two and a half hours of simple Tarantino What's not to love about this movie? Fair enough, its not your type of film, but why even bother attempting to critisize the very elements that make is fantastic?? Tarantino, a self confessed comic book geek throws a comic book story at us on the big screen. Sharp, trademark, witty dialogue and adrenaline fuelled action scenes make this film two and a half hours of simple Tarantino fun. The Kill Bill franchise is one of a kind, and prehaps instead of 'know-all so-called film reviewers' condemning this film for its lack of realism and over-stuffed scenes, they should sit back and actually look at a piece of work that stands out brilliantly against the bleak and bland overly-used hollywood plot formulas. Great film. Great director. Expand
  51. ElliottC.
    Sep 28, 2006
    Another bomb from plagiarism king Quentin Tarantino. If you're going to steal from other movies, why not steal the good scenes and write around them?
  52. PatrickD.
    Apr 18, 2006
    I agree with evil D. This was better than the first, (Thank God) but it was so slow. So slow...... It's trying to un-do the shallow-ness of the first. But, we spend more time learning about Bud than learning about the hero. Every scene is overstuffed, ecspecially the part when Bill and The Bride are talking. I remember my mother saying something about the superhero speech being I agree with evil D. This was better than the first, (Thank God) but it was so slow. So slow...... It's trying to un-do the shallow-ness of the first. But, we spend more time learning about Bud than learning about the hero. Every scene is overstuffed, ecspecially the part when Bill and The Bride are talking. I remember my mother saying something about the superhero speech being overdrawn. True, true. Expand
  53. AlejandroR.
    Feb 24, 2006
    This is the first movie I had to give a 0. This movie was so bad. This movie was one of the worst I have seen. Kill BIll? Or kill the cast and crew?
  54. JayF.
    Feb 19, 2006
    Like volume one, "A truly beautiful and violent piece of filmwork from Quentin Tarantino".
  55. joeym.
    Dec 25, 2005
    The best movie ever created.
  56. JamesM
    Dec 20, 2005
    Those ten minute scenes where nothing happens? When was this? Perhaps I was reaching for the popcorn or saying something to a friend when these ten minute scenes took place. Taranino is known for the energy in his films, and even though Kill Bill Vol. 2 (and also Jackie Brown) took on a more relaxed tone doesn't make them elegible for criticism such as yours evil D. And I quote: "I Those ten minute scenes where nothing happens? When was this? Perhaps I was reaching for the popcorn or saying something to a friend when these ten minute scenes took place. Taranino is known for the energy in his films, and even though Kill Bill Vol. 2 (and also Jackie Brown) took on a more relaxed tone doesn't make them elegible for criticism such as yours evil D. And I quote: "I gotta sit through 3 hours of paper-thin plot spread out over TWO films just to see a half-hour's worth of action? That sucks!" Perhaps you should go back to watching Commando. Expand
  57. evilD
    Nov 25, 2005
    The first movie was all action, this one is all plot, and I realize they split them for, actually I don't know, probably just to maximize the profits for what is, essentially, a cheap kung-fu flick. Granted, the action, though rare, is fantastically over the top, but the long close-ups, the 10 minute spans of silence while NOTHING happens, all of those "Tarantino-isms" just get The first movie was all action, this one is all plot, and I realize they split them for, actually I don't know, probably just to maximize the profits for what is, essentially, a cheap kung-fu flick. Granted, the action, though rare, is fantastically over the top, but the long close-ups, the 10 minute spans of silence while NOTHING happens, all of those "Tarantino-isms" just get tiresome after a while. These could have EASILY been abridged and combined into a single, 2-hour film, but it seems we got the "Director's Cut" by default, and ultimately it ends up being a waste of time and money. I gotta sit through 3 hours of paper-thin plot spread out over TWO films just to see a half-hour's worth of action? That sucks! I AM a fan of Quentin's work, but this is mostly just self-indulgent "look how much time I wasted watching old, BETTER samurai flicks." Worth a rental, but after rewinding back over the action a few times, you've seen all you need to. Expand
  58. KimY.
    Sep 17, 2005
    The first film was all action and very little to no character development or plot. All that comes in this part 2. And it's so much better! The action was very fast paced and over the top i the first one. Now we find out what it was all about and just who these people are. Tarantino has made a true epic when you put these 2 films together. And this part 2 shines far beyond the all The first film was all action and very little to no character development or plot. All that comes in this part 2. And it's so much better! The action was very fast paced and over the top i the first one. Now we find out what it was all about and just who these people are. Tarantino has made a true epic when you put these 2 films together. And this part 2 shines far beyond the all action part one section. Expand
  59. KelvinL.
    Aug 15, 2005
    Just does not deliver the excitment and expectations of the first. The conclusion was painfully slow and talky, and very predictable. The first film was great, full of energy excitment style and lots of loose ends, the second volume though just looked like it ran out of steam! It was like travelling at 100 miles per hour and then slowing to 30 miles an hour! Very dissapointing!
  60. JoeyK.
    Aug 8, 2005
    It's all the interest of the premise of the first one, with all the answers to the questions of the first one, with half the action.
  61. marshallm.
    Jul 30, 2005
    One of my favorite movies of all time..if not my number one favorite....i would recomend both vol. 1 and 2 to ppl who love tarantino....even to ppl who dont, this film is a masterpiece! well worth seeing !
  62. TonyB
    Jul 22, 2005
    Long on technique but way short on everything else and far too self-important for its own good.
  63. DanK
    May 26, 2005
    Excellent movie. Answers all the questions left from volume 1. And to all those who keep going on about how they would rather see one movie and that they are getting ripped off paying twice Quentin Tarantino had originally planned on making one movie but it would be nearly 4 hours long. I could and have watched them back to back but most people don't have the time to sit through a Excellent movie. Answers all the questions left from volume 1. And to all those who keep going on about how they would rather see one movie and that they are getting ripped off paying twice Quentin Tarantino had originally planned on making one movie but it would be nearly 4 hours long. I could and have watched them back to back but most people don't have the time to sit through a movie that long. Expand
  64. PepsiCola
    May 10, 2005
    I couldn't keep falling sleep when watching this movie; if anyone like it, they are probably bored out of their minds.
  65. NichoalsP.
    Apr 22, 2005
    Intresting Cinematography and Plot with an original angle, while balancing character development with an imposing will.
  66. TobyH.
    Apr 12, 2005
    Dissapointing attemps at philosphy and emphasis on story kill this film.
  67. JaysonB.
    Apr 8, 2005
    A good movie, but a disappointment after Kill Bill 1.
  68. Paige
    Mar 22, 2005
    I loved Kill Bill Vol. 2. It provides closure to an otherwise unfinished story. I can only hope that Tarantino will expound on the story and create a Vol. 3.
  69. Wongit
    Mar 12, 2005
    Another great film. a marvelous sequel, its tottaly different from the first film but it was good. Great dialogue, great characters...GREAT FIGHT between the bride and elle driver. That was without a doubt one of the best fights ever.
  70. RogerS.
    Mar 3, 2005
    THE BEST!
  71. T.M.
    Feb 18, 2005
    [***SPOILERS***] I liked Vol. I a lot better. I thought the plot twist of the Bride having had a child by Bill was lame beyond belief, and the last half of this film moved at a snail's pace. Tarantino needs some lessons in learning to edit his work, but alas, he has so much clout that he won't have to learn that lesson any time soon. He could have presented this thin story and[***SPOILERS***] I liked Vol. I a lot better. I thought the plot twist of the Bride having had a child by Bill was lame beyond belief, and the last half of this film moved at a snail's pace. Tarantino needs some lessons in learning to edit his work, but alas, he has so much clout that he won't have to learn that lesson any time soon. He could have presented this thin story and barely-conceived characters in nearly half the time both installments took. I enjoyed the style and eye candy of the first installment, but by the second installment the style and eye candy weren't enough. And no, talkiness does not substitute for emotional depth. As for Uma Thurman...She's beautiful, talented, and has charisma, but she needs to eat a few fattening meals. She looked much better a few years ago before she developed this current gaunt, over-muscular look. The best scene in KB Vol. II was where she broke out of the underground casket. Expand
  72. Mike
    Feb 14, 2005
    Kill Bill is on my top 10 list! Everything is so well thought and everything makes perfect sense. Characters have motives and the ending is a good one!
  73. PeterJ.
    Feb 10, 2005
    I gave Volume 1 a 6. Volume 2 is much better. This was one of the most fun movies I have watched in a long time. The film was a little silly, but really portrays the old martial arts movies well. I really like The Bride's masters character. Classic. I don't watch many movies twice, but if I see it playing on Stars I will be forced to watch it again.
  74. davidg.
    Jan 9, 2005
    Hugely enjoyable film. i was beginning to think Tarrantino had lost his touch but this seems to be his best film to date. Top screenplay, top acting. Editing is superb, as if the soundtrack. I hope it's not too late for this film to gain a Oscar for best film, best editing, best screenplay and best a few other things besides.
  75. FarisC.
    Jan 2, 2005
    Tarentino has warped the meaning of film once again, with an exiting sequel to Vol. 1. In Vol. 2, we discover more about
  76. MichaelM.
    Oct 22, 2004
    "Kill Bill Volume 2" is just another reason why we adore Quentin Tarantino's filmmaking. The story in Volume 2 begins where Volume 1 left it. The Bride (Uma Thurman - in an Oscar nomination worthy role) continues her bloody revenge by going after Bill's brother Budd (Michael Madsen - who also deserves an Oscar nomination), Elle Driver (Daryl Hannah - good performance, but not "Kill Bill Volume 2" is just another reason why we adore Quentin Tarantino's filmmaking. The story in Volume 2 begins where Volume 1 left it. The Bride (Uma Thurman - in an Oscar nomination worthy role) continues her bloody revenge by going after Bill's brother Budd (Michael Madsen - who also deserves an Oscar nomination), Elle Driver (Daryl Hannah - good performance, but not quite Oscar worthy) and finally, Bill himself (David Carradine - in his VERY best role, and worthy of an Oscar). Volume 2 is an overall better film than Volume 1. It doesn't have nearly as much blood or action as Vol. 1, but it has a much more rich story line, and is an overall deeper movie. That's not to say Vol. 2 doesn't have some very awesome fight sequences (four come to mind), just that Vol. 2 makes more room for plot and background information. In the end, Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 would be better viewed and thought of as just one film, the KILL BILL epic. But, if I had to chose between Vol. 1 or Vol. 2, I'd say Vol. 1 is more entertaining, but Vol. 2 is a better film, and makes for a more full viewing experience. DON'T WAIT, SEE IN THEATERS!!! A MUST-SEE. Thumbs Way up! Expand
  77. PatC.
    Oct 11, 2004
    The preferred alternative to taking a child custody battle through the courts. Quicker, simpler, cheaper, and though bloodier a lot less painful. Tarantino gives us an homage to Kung Fu that also provides rich inferences to today's domestic relations, and he continues to employ his cadre of devoted actors to assert his alternative universe as a look at our world with new eyes (except The preferred alternative to taking a child custody battle through the courts. Quicker, simpler, cheaper, and though bloodier a lot less painful. Tarantino gives us an homage to Kung Fu that also provides rich inferences to today's domestic relations, and he continues to employ his cadre of devoted actors to assert his alternative universe as a look at our world with new eyes (except for Elle, of course). Not since Kubrick has a filmmaker consistently provided us movies that are entertaining in their attention to detail and stunning as creations of fine art. This is in spite of all the negative commentary he accumulates, which is all true. And let's face it, Bill and Beatrix are one dysfunctional parenting team. Expand
  78. JoeW.
    Sep 26, 2004
    Uma Thurman was GREAT ! But imagine if this were released under an unknown director's name. The critics would have lambasted it. Tarantino seems to have a "Special" spot when it comes to critical review.
  79. EveningSun
    Sep 10, 2004
    A great conclusion to a brilliant movie phenomenon. Though not as fast-paced and adrenaline-pumping as Volume 1, the second part leaves a better aftertaste. Tarantino has not only shown that he's still the king of gritty crime movies, but also how effortlessly he can handle romantic and emotional aspects to a marvellous effect. When put together, Kill Bill will stand as one of the A great conclusion to a brilliant movie phenomenon. Though not as fast-paced and adrenaline-pumping as Volume 1, the second part leaves a better aftertaste. Tarantino has not only shown that he's still the king of gritty crime movies, but also how effortlessly he can handle romantic and emotional aspects to a marvellous effect. When put together, Kill Bill will stand as one of the greatest motion pictures of the new milennium. And after reading Johnny U.'s post - Do you honestly believe that just because you can't see a movie's good qualities that means there are none, and thus everyone rates that movie a 10 because the hype tells them so? Judging from your way of writing, it seems the only comment on the movie is "an absolute boreathon". Well, Johnny, maybe you should start judging a movie from its script, acting and direction too? Because these are the things that have made Tarantino's movies famous, and if you can't notice these things in a film, you shouldn't be commenting here at all. Expand
  80. JohnnyU.
    Aug 30, 2004
    Ooh tarantino, i read hes cool i must give it 10, oh hang on let me watch it properly with my own mind, oh yeah it's an absolute boreathon, bring on the next hyped crap.. ooh is that cold mountain it must be good theres actors i know oh hang on......
  81. WillP.
    Aug 28, 2004
    Once again, amazing director work and amazing acting. caradine is flawless.
  82. BrycceP
    Aug 22, 2004
    Mr. HOWELL who gave this movie a 0 appears to have some violent tendencies in hinself as well. He needs to first take a chill pill, and second review his classics. Some of the greatest pieces of literature of history have always had violent qualites. The Count of Monte Criste was written in 1800's, is required reading in most high schools, and is all about one mans quest for Mr. HOWELL who gave this movie a 0 appears to have some violent tendencies in hinself as well. He needs to first take a chill pill, and second review his classics. Some of the greatest pieces of literature of history have always had violent qualites. The Count of Monte Criste was written in 1800's, is required reading in most high schools, and is all about one mans quest for revenge...hmmm. And for anyone who tries to read Shakespeare, they would know that he has a talent at writting very bloody plays. Macbath has dozens of sword fights, severed heads, and gore. Romeo & Juliet, a romance, also happens to have almost everyone die in it one way or another. This is a tiny list of the violent literature that are considered classics. As to Kill Bill, i won't deny that its a highly stylized but simple story. The protagonist survives her attmepted murder and loses her family, and decideds to take revenge. Thats the story in a nutshell. But some of the best stories aren't complicated and often are more simply told. And one more thing, Kill Bill is a movie! A story, a tall tale. No way would this ever be realistic. From the 100 body count fights, to the fact that she regains her entire bodys strength in 13 hours, the story makes no sense in almost a thousand ways, like all movies. This is just an entertaining movie with no real important meaning behind it. Its just an entertaining film. A Thrilling, Creative, Romantic, Bloody, Insanely good film. Expand
  83. MollyS.
    Aug 17, 2004
    Best movie I've ever seen! Kill Bill volume 1 and volume 2 put together make a great combination, making them the two most brilliant films ever! Always my favorite!
  84. Mr.Howell
    Aug 16, 2004
    If this is what Americans use as a definition for homage and high art then it's no wonder the rest of the world continually laughs at the minimally creative garbage that Hollywood pumps out. This movie is a collection of rip-offs from other films that were intolerable to begin with. We are not twelve years old with a fetish for swords and blood. This film too stupid to even rate If this is what Americans use as a definition for homage and high art then it's no wonder the rest of the world continually laughs at the minimally creative garbage that Hollywood pumps out. This movie is a collection of rip-offs from other films that were intolerable to begin with. We are not twelve years old with a fetish for swords and blood. This film too stupid to even rate "typical". Kill Bill 1&2 are Hollywood pre-teen "I'm mad at mommy and daddy" films aimed at the retards who feel that the world owes them something. Will Tarrentino's films all be masturbatory gore fests? So far the answer is yes. All these "directors" with all that money; I defy them put out a film that doesn't use violence as problem solver. Boring? only to the people raised on this crap. Expand
  85. GregT.
    Aug 16, 2004
    The entire Kill Bill 1 and 2 were strange movies from the outset, but were greatly entertaining. Loads of action and a plot and an underlying tension that is refreshing. Uma is all that and kicks ass literally, and actually she is a real actress and not just an action bimbo. If you rent this movie, you have to see Kill Bill No. 1, before. It is well worth it.
  86. JamesG.
    Aug 15, 2004
    Kill Bill: Volume 2 is an amazing movie with plenty of action, laughs, and most importantly, plenty of gore. I was somewhat disappointed, as it wasn't quite as good as the first, but it's definately worth your time and money. It fills in blank spaces left by Kill Bill: Volume 1, which is very good. The acting was great, Uma Thurman is a beautiful lady, and was perfect for the Kill Bill: Volume 2 is an amazing movie with plenty of action, laughs, and most importantly, plenty of gore. I was somewhat disappointed, as it wasn't quite as good as the first, but it's definately worth your time and money. It fills in blank spaces left by Kill Bill: Volume 1, which is very good. The acting was great, Uma Thurman is a beautiful lady, and was perfect for the job. I suggest you get it as soon as possible. Go. Now! Expand
  87. BigC
    Aug 15, 2004
    Awesome answer to volume 1 by QT.
  88. LockneP.
    Aug 15, 2004
    Kill Bill, Volume 2 is an excellent follow up to Volume 1. While Kill Bill, Volume 1 is the question, Volume 2 is the answer. Quentin Tarantino's directing in this motion picture is outstanding. Tarantino succeeds in having the audience feeling emotional even when the Bride succeeds at eliminating her final target. The mix of dialogue, music, and style makes Kill Bill one of the best Kill Bill, Volume 2 is an excellent follow up to Volume 1. While Kill Bill, Volume 1 is the question, Volume 2 is the answer. Quentin Tarantino's directing in this motion picture is outstanding. Tarantino succeeds in having the audience feeling emotional even when the Bride succeeds at eliminating her final target. The mix of dialogue, music, and style makes Kill Bill one of the best movies of the 21st century. The performances given from Uma Thurman and David Carradine are spectacular, and Kill Bill shouldn't be missed by anyone. Expand
  89. JeffL
    Aug 15, 2004
    There were things I liked about this movie: the cleverly choreographed fight scenes; Michael Madsen's performance; the story involving Uma's mentor. What i didn't like about this movie was that I was never quite clear of the characters' motivations until the end. For some reason, Tarantino foregrounds high paced action and quirky character dialogue for much of the There were things I liked about this movie: the cleverly choreographed fight scenes; Michael Madsen's performance; the story involving Uma's mentor. What i didn't like about this movie was that I was never quite clear of the characters' motivations until the end. For some reason, Tarantino foregrounds high paced action and quirky character dialogue for much of the film. This is fine -- but unless I watch those action scenes with a simple "gosh, that's Matrix-cool" mindset, I don't care about the absolution of the protagonist's revenge. Granted, this movie is apparently an hommage to Asian action films, which to me is just a flashy way of saying Tarrantino makes movies only a select group will fully understand. Again, this is fine -- but take away the elaborate fight scenes and you're left with a lot less than you want to be left with, especially when you're dealing with someone with Tarrantino's talent. Expand
  90. BillJ.
    Aug 14, 2004
    MUCH better than Vol. 1! A bit long though. As others have said, with a good deal of editing, this could have been a very good 110-120 minute movie.
  91. TammyS.
    Aug 11, 2004
    Not enough womping she should have womped alot more ass.
  92. MattM.
    Aug 11, 2004
    People are looking into this movie from an amazing director/screenwriter as if its supposed to be Pulp Fiction 2. It's simply Tarantino bringing his audience through the wild ride of homages to all the types of movies he respects. It's not meant to make you think, its more suppose to make you feel, feel as if you got your money's worth and were entertained. I defy anyone to People are looking into this movie from an amazing director/screenwriter as if its supposed to be Pulp Fiction 2. It's simply Tarantino bringing his audience through the wild ride of homages to all the types of movies he respects. It's not meant to make you think, its more suppose to make you feel, feel as if you got your money's worth and were entertained. I defy anyone to claim that they didn't crack a smile at the beautiful anime sequence of vol. 1 and didn't feel giddy from the faux-retro delivery of the training scenes in this movie. People aren't going to remember some of the less popular film genres of the past. This movie will immortalize these forgotten reels by putting all of them into a blender, pushing down puree, and pouring it into an easy to swallow tablet. Like Mary Poppins once said, a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down. And it is definitely in the most delightful way. This movie takes Tarantino's impeccable eye for a fun and joyous scene of carnage, runs it through his mad house of sharp dialogue and writing, and spreads it liberally with references to anything pop-culture. It really is progressive movie making. Taking classical compositions (old school movies), adding a modern twist, making it a blast to watch. If Tarantino wanted the make a movie for you to wrap your brain around he WOULD HAVE, made a Pulp Fiction 2, Reservoir Dogs 2, Jackie Brown 2. Instead he just wants his audience to revel in the same styles of film making that inspired him in the first place. If you weren't entertained by this, nothing can do it. Stop thinking so much, and start loving more. Expand
  93. YoonMinC.
    Aug 7, 2004
    A slug of a movie shot full of slugs. remember ricochet rabbit's deputy, the one whose pistol dripped with bullets? that's kill bill 2, lifeless and dull, about as exciting as chewing on a worm inside a tequila bottle. a limp and flaccid fusion of spaghetti western and takeout chopsocky--as well as yakuza film, noir, 70s blaxploitation, and whatever tarantino copped from his daysA slug of a movie shot full of slugs. remember ricochet rabbit's deputy, the one whose pistol dripped with bullets? that's kill bill 2, lifeless and dull, about as exciting as chewing on a worm inside a tequila bottle. a limp and flaccid fusion of spaghetti western and takeout chopsocky--as well as yakuza film, noir, 70s blaxploitation, and whatever tarantino copped from his days as a video clerk--it proves once again that since pulp fiction, tarantino has been more a cine-dj than a director. tarantino, so vital, personal, and powerful with reservoir dogs, is now content to play nose-picking sushi chef. it's a dumb movie that sidesteps its stupidity by winking at us constantly that it's subversively aware of its stupidity. well, it works for 5 min beavis and butthead segments, but self-conscious stupidity cannot sustain an entire movie with a character we're supposed to care about. at best, being brilliantly dumb is clever; when it goes on for 2 hrs+, it's annoying as hell still, uma thurman is a real beaut. statuesque and charging like a mare with flaming nostils... wow, that IS cool. Expand
  94. EfeB.
    Jul 30, 2004
    The problem here is that they have divided the movie into 2 parts, making us watch and talk about it as 2 different things.when in fact mr. tarantino envisioned it as a one very.very long film. but since we can rate what we have in our hands i am forced to say the first part was much better. it hurts me to say this because i love kill bill as a whole. my low rating comes only from my The problem here is that they have divided the movie into 2 parts, making us watch and talk about it as 2 different things.when in fact mr. tarantino envisioned it as a one very.very long film. but since we can rate what we have in our hands i am forced to say the first part was much better. it hurts me to say this because i love kill bill as a whole. my low rating comes only from my expectations and what i received at the end. first off, the darly hannah fight scene is too short and shot so close up that we have a hard time seeing whats taking place. when we finally see her with no eyes and rolling in pain, it's not very rewarding. the black mamba attack on the cowboy fella is handled this way also, two key people die rather simply and leaves us audiences wanting for more. some say that "leaving us wanting more" is a good film trick, but in the world of kill bill as was set up by the first film, demands more graphic and exciting ways of...killing. the exclusion of animatics this time around also makes the package a little weak. the first kill bill and kill bill 2 doesn't balance eachother well. the second film tries to wrap the story...why so and so did what and when. the chinese kung-fu teacher is the one and only highlight of kill bill 2. there is great drama between uma and the chinese fella, i could have watched those kung fu lessons for hours, but yet it is also cut short and we find uma in a coffin. a scene shamelessly "stolen" from the european (and american) version of the "vanishing". the film i speak of was released in the 90's...so iam not talking about some 70's homage thing here, tarantino loved that scene and just took it. hmmm. not very creative. bill is played to perfection by carradine. he needs little or no help from his co actors, as he is in the "zone". whatever that "zone" might be, either tarantino's expert direction or carradine's own real life twisted self is a mystery...maybe both. he seems like a guy who burns candles around his house and pray to the lost gods of the mount akuna matata (dont look for it, i made it up), pets a giant lizard and eats exotic leaves. whatever the case might be, he IS bill. so, am i sad that i did not see more blood spraying from limbs due to clean katana slashes? yes. do i feel cheated because all the cool carachters died faster than the shutter speed of quentin's camera?...i do and, seriously...why not give the audience what they want instead of trying to tie a stupid story anyway?...the fruits behind kill bill was never the story, but the execution of scenes and production design. i am willing to bet that people cared more about the action than uma's long lost baby girl. still, tarantino survives well into the 2004's and i am curious what his twisted mind will create next. Expand
  95. RobM.
    Jul 14, 2004
    Uma Thurman is such a great actress.
  96. DonM.
    Jul 13, 2004
    What was there to like about this movie?
  97. MarcD.
    Jul 12, 2004
    The most stylish movie that I've seen in years. It's a homage to so many movies, Roger Ebert couldn't even name them all. It has something for everyone.
  98. RJSamson
    Jul 12, 2004
    Though some of the dialogues were lengthy, and made me yawn a bit, everything just fell into place as the movie progressed to its climax. Kill Bill 2 is all about the emotional dilemma and conflicts that result to unimaginable consequences. One of the best action movies ever made!
  99. KyleA.
    Jul 9, 2004
    Excellent film with witty dialogue and exuberant fight scenes.
  100. ChadS.
    Jul 7, 2004
    It's hard to believe that Warren Beatty was Quentin Tarrantino's first choice to play Bill. If David Carradine passed, Iggy Pop might've been able to pull it off. As for The Bride, Uma Thurman is it. My favorite Uma moment is when Budd (Michael Madsen) gives her a choice between the flashlight, or the mace, and she motions for the former, before Tarrantino pays homage to It's hard to believe that Warren Beatty was Quentin Tarrantino's first choice to play Bill. If David Carradine passed, Iggy Pop might've been able to pull it off. As for The Bride, Uma Thurman is it. My favorite Uma moment is when Budd (Michael Madsen) gives her a choice between the flashlight, or the mace, and she motions for the former, before Tarrantino pays homage to "The Vanishing". She's going to be overlooked at Oscar-time again. What Thurman does with a pair of chopsticks is every bit as impressive as reciting a line of dialogue with conviction, such as "Old Lady Swanger says you need help, so here I am," or "Make me feel good." Her scenes with Pai Mei (Gordon Liu) must set some kind of record for fun. Are Pei Mei's eyebrows a quote? Morgan Freeman in "Dreamcatcher"? The domestic scenes that close this magnificent film is a little jarring, but that's because we're so sick of cute kids, which begets cute kid moments, and we don't necessarily want an apology for all the violence. Tarrantino wanted to give The Bride depth, but maybe he went at it with too heavy a hand. "Kill Bill Vol. 1" and "Vol. 2" needs to be restored to its original version. This is filmmaking so exhilirating, nobody would've minded being stuck in the theater for three-and-a-half hours. You can't deny Quentin Tarrantino is a major filmmaker, albeit shallow. Shallow masterpieces or near-masterpieces, are better than films with delusions of Oscar grandeur. Expand

1. Kill Bill-Vol. 2 puts to shame doubts entertained about aesthetic strategies or structural imbalance provoked by "Kill Bill-Vol. 1." Now that the entirety of Quentin Tarantino's epic revenge melodrama is on view, "Kill Bill" emerges as a brilliant, invigorating work, one to muse over for years to come.
    You'll thrill to the action, savor the tasty dialogue and laugh like bloody hell.
  3. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Originally conceived as one film, the two-parter that has finally emerged can now be seen as a truly epic work.