Miramax Films | Release Date: April 16, 2004
8.2
Universal acclaim based on 598 Ratings
Watch Now
csw12Mar 30, 2012
I feel the same way about Kill Bill Vol. 2 as i did the first. Again no big deal with solid acting and slightly better action scenes. The ending though is way overdone. Please just Kill Bill already.
grandpajoe6191Sep 21, 2011
Slightly cleaner and organized than its prequel, but nevertheless its a messy film.
TokyochuchuMay 29, 2016
Kill Bill: Vol. 2 isn't quite as fun as it's crazy predecessor and features nothing to rival the that film's climax, but it's still a great movie filled with memorable scenes and performances.
JacobAug 25, 2015
Kill Bill Vol. 2. is about as engaging as Vol. 1. although while it has more substance than the last film it lacks the action. The fight scenes are few and far between and the dialogue scenes in-between while serving to flesh out theKill Bill Vol. 2. is about as engaging as Vol. 1. although while it has more substance than the last film it lacks the action. The fight scenes are few and far between and the dialogue scenes in-between while serving to flesh out the characters are dull in comparison to those in Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs. When the action does come on it is either way too goofy or shallow and lacking in bite. Even when the action is fun it doesn’t come close to matching the climax of the first film. Kill Bill Vol. 2. still manages to be engaging but it doesn’t represent Tarintino at his best. Expand
oDjentoDec 30, 2015
I am going back and reviewing all Tarantino films i have watched in conjunction with Hateful 8 release. I found this film easier to watch as it had more of a focus on the dialogue of the film than the action sequences and it just seemed pacedI am going back and reviewing all Tarantino films i have watched in conjunction with Hateful 8 release. I found this film easier to watch as it had more of a focus on the dialogue of the film than the action sequences and it just seemed paced better. I still wasn't feeling too involved with the characters and was a bit ambivalent to the story probably because of its odd comic tone but i nevertheless enjoyed this film more.
ArkonBladeAug 23, 2010
pretty much like the first film . your nostalgia will affect how much you like this film . its a little slower paced then the first but fills in the story gaps . i liked this movie about the same as the first . its entertaining but doesntpretty much like the first film . your nostalgia will affect how much you like this film . its a little slower paced then the first but fills in the story gaps . i liked this movie about the same as the first . its entertaining but doesnt pull off the fun that sin city pulled off. Expand
TheWalrus2000Mar 9, 2013
It escapes from its silly setting and focuses on all plot. But even with one of the best performances of all time from Uma Thurman, Tarantino still can't escape from Kill Bills messy plot.
aznassassinDec 14, 2012
(NOTE: This review covers only Vol. 2 of the Kill Bill Saga. For Vol. 1, see my profile page. For a complete overall score on the entire Kill Bill saga, see after this review)
Part 2 of this elaborate revenge, murder rampage concentrates
Part 2 of this elaborate revenge, murder rampage concentrates more on the actual plot and less on the violence. Is that good thing? No, not at all. The violence and fighting sequences as well as the unique blend of Asian cinema homages and cinematography are what actually kept Vol. 1 above 5/10 for me. However, for Vol. 2, the homages and unique style of Vol. 1 is almost completely non-existent (no, the training segment with Pai Mei does not qualify to a homage as its cliche' as hell and has been done hundreds of times in modern films), the action sequences are reduces to a few disappointing minutes, the actual movie itself is set in some of the most bland locales (as opposed to exotic locations of Vol. 1), and the characters...you just dont care anymore. The new characters dont really bring much to the table and are all uninspiring to the point of mediocrity. You can almost feel that Thurman herself as a character is losing steam as opposed to her great portrayal in Vol.1. And finally, they decided to focus on the plot, the weakest aspect of the entire saga. Well, I guess they have to. Imagine Transformers with barely any cool fight sequences and have Shia Lebouf and Optimus Prime talk for most of the film. This is like Vol. 2 - instead of more violent sequences in the unique style and soundtrack as pinpointed by Vol. 1, Vol. 2 decided to just throw all that in the bin and opted for a more quiet and ultimately, more lacking concluding film which, while wraps up Kiddo's tale (the final 'boss fight' just feels disjointed and lacks tension), is at the end of the day, becomes a cliche' drama rather than an action thriller. Dont watch this on drunk nights like Vol. 1, instead just read the wikipedia plot section. You're not missing anything by not watching it. Throwing away the elements which made Part 1 fun, Vol. 2 of Kill Bill is a mediocre, disappointing conclusion that feel like a Samurai warrior who basically used up all his strength for the first half of the fight while for the second half, decides to use a gun instead to finish his opponent. OVERALL: With Vol. 1 and 2 taken into considerable, Kill Bill feels disjointed with dramatic shifts to pace that just feels unnatural. Decent fight sequences, coupled with unique film styles and homages to Asian cinema make the first half of the saga enjoyable if you're feeling a little bloodlustful wheras you may be disappointed at the ending and concluding hour where the pace slackens and action is thrown out the window. Kill Bill as a whole with Vol. 1 and 2 combined receives a 6/10. A decent, intriguing piece of cinema that will divide audiences and is ultimately an enjoyable thriller for those after something more raw and intimate.
Paul_YoonSep 20, 2010
Although Kill Bill: Vol. 1 is greater movie than Kill Bill: Vol. 2, Kill Bill: Vol.2 more concentrates on revealing the shocking moment and half-like epic story rather than Kung-fu fighting or stylistic action.
1966ZodiacAug 16, 2010
Quentin Tarantino is a HIGHLY overrated director. All his movies are over the top with no good storylines and stupid sequences with one liners. I really didn't like this movie that much. It was entertaining at times but there are lots ofQuentin Tarantino is a HIGHLY overrated director. All his movies are over the top with no good storylines and stupid sequences with one liners. I really didn't like this movie that much. It was entertaining at times but there are lots of better martial art flicks. This movie doesn't deserve to be on imdb's top 250 and neither does the first. Quentin Tarantino is not a genius he's just a guy with a sick mind who shows it to everyone. People may call him artistic I say he's full of sh*t. Any artist could just take a canvas and randomly start painting crap that's completely orignal on it people may like it but I say a real artist takes time to work on the details and everything. Expand
mtackett11Dec 11, 2015
Kill Bill Vol2 is not nearly as imaginative or fun as the original. It does have some good moments, but the "big" fight between Bill and the Bride was sorely a let down and the movie itself drags on for way too long. We do get some good backKill Bill Vol2 is not nearly as imaginative or fun as the original. It does have some good moments, but the "big" fight between Bill and the Bride was sorely a let down and the movie itself drags on for way too long. We do get some good back story about the bride and how she killed Bill's other members. There are some good dialogue and a few good action scenes. But, the movie takes too long to get the end and by the end, there is not a lot left to care about. Why spend this much time building up to what was basically a revenge plot? I used to own these movies because people thought I would love them. I don't, but i know they are not bad movies either. I did like the first volume a lot better because of the throw back to old Asian action movies. Vol. 1 was innovative and fun. It was short on story, and character, but it was fun. This movie takes out the fun and imaginative points of the first one and instead gives us a drawn out too long wanna-be spaghetti western (you are better off with the Clint Eastwood man with no name trilogy), but it is good if you are a Tarantino fan.
This is not a bad movie by a long shot, but for me, it was a big disappointment.
LiefS.Sep 5, 2007
i know the two kill bills were originally intended to be one long movie but be that as it may, the second one did not do it for me. we went from seeing the slaying of the crazy 88 in the first movie to a three second chair fight against the i know the two kill bills were originally intended to be one long movie but be that as it may, the second one did not do it for me. we went from seeing the slaying of the crazy 88 in the first movie to a three second chair fight against the main villain Expand
0 of 1 users found this helpful
PatrickD.Apr 18, 2006
I agree with evil D. This was better than the first, (Thank God) but it was so slow. So slow...... It's trying to un-do the shallow-ness of the first. But, we spend more time learning about Bud than learning about the hero. Every scene I agree with evil D. This was better than the first, (Thank God) but it was so slow. So slow...... It's trying to un-do the shallow-ness of the first. But, we spend more time learning about Bud than learning about the hero. Every scene is overstuffed, ecspecially the part when Bill and The Bride are talking. I remember my mother saying something about the superhero speech being overdrawn. True, true. Expand
0 of 0 users found this helpful
DanK.Apr 16, 2008
I loved the first one, it was so amazing to watch a movie with iconic moments and swift action sequences. The first was intentionally designed to make you react on a gut level not a brain level. The problem here is that this film just goes I loved the first one, it was so amazing to watch a movie with iconic moments and swift action sequences. The first was intentionally designed to make you react on a gut level not a brain level. The problem here is that this film just goes on too long with so little material. Even the eventual showdown with Bill is a letdown and the samurai violence that the first one was great for has become joyless and depleted. This film is much different and probably owes more to the spaghetti western genre than the samurai/exlpoitation genre, but it fails at that to. Nothing is inconic, everything is forgettable. I would watch it once if you are dying to find out what happens, but after that, you'll have already forgotten why you cared. It was the journey that counted, and volume 1 was the better half of that journey. Expand
0 of 0 users found this helpful
HelpUJul 19, 2009
Everything in the movie seems out of place right down the over exaggerated action scenes to the terrible story.
1 of 3 users found this helpful