Kill Bill: Vol. 2

8.0

1. Apr 18, 2016
    I don't know how Volume 2 manages to be better than Volume 1, but this installment quickly surprised me every single minute with a single detail this movie can't leave behind.
  2. May 8, 2014
    Certainly less action-packed than the first one, Part II of this film returns many of the elements that made the first film a success, namely Uma Thurman being a total badass and then the dark comedy that is a trademark in all Tarantino films. In addition, the omages to samurai and spaghetti westerns is perfectly done (and is almost done comedically too). In addition, this film does aCertainly less action-packed than the first one, Part II of this film returns many of the elements that made the first film a success, namely Uma Thurman being a total badass and then the dark comedy that is a trademark in all Tarantino films. In addition, the omages to samurai and spaghetti westerns is perfectly done (and is almost done comedically too). In addition, this film does a better job than the first at providing depth to the characters and figuring out events that we simply saw glimpses of in Volume 1. The acting is also really good, especially Thurman and David Carradine. Michael Madsen also turned in a solid supporting role. However, the best thing this film provides is entertainment. Like its predecessor, this one is endlessly entertaining.

In terms of the script, it is admittedly incredibly cheesy. At times, I caught myself thinking, "Really? They put that in?", but as it is undoubtedly intentionally bad, it is not really a major knock against this one. Also, my more major knock is the ending. It is very...unsatisfying and anticlimactic. We're waiting for this moment the whole time and then...ok? I just wish that the ending was more of what the film was seemingly leading up to, rather than a detour from that script.
  3. Apr 29, 2014
    Kill Bill Vol. 2 delivers a slightly less of a punch than Vol. 1, but it goes more in depth about the story aspect, and less on the Bride slicing the limbs off The Crazy 88.
  4. Aug 28, 2014
    Every so often a sequel surpasses its predecessor, Kill Bill Vol. 2 does that by a long shot. Volume 2 is tighter, swifter and much more entertaining.
  5. Mar 18, 2012
    Definently the better of the two films. Acting is a lot better, So is the action. It ended in a good way as well. Definently worth watching imo. I really liked it.
  6. Mar 31, 2012
    This movie took me by surprise because it was so different than the first one. However, that only made it better. This movie has such an impressive essence about it. Uma was very convincing and brilliant in this film. It is brutal and unsympathetic in its nature. Among one of the best films ever. A true masterpiece.
  7. May 29, 2016
    Kill Bill: Vol. 2 isn't quite as fun as it's crazy predecessor and features nothing to rival the that film's climax, but it's still a great movie filled with memorable scenes and performances.
  8. May 31, 2016
    The second half ties up everything both neatly and blood-soaked. Continuing the tense actions, the dramatic camerawork, the dialogue that I love Tarantino for, he continues the joyride for another two hours. His films are almost never boring. Have to love the allusions the most, though. As a film buff, it always makes me smile.
  9. May 7, 2013
    It's bigger, deadlier and much much better than Volume 1, which in itself was a fantastic film, but Kill Bill Volume 2 delivers a sucker punch in dramatic storytelling with wonderful homages to martial arts films of yesteryear, and this was mastered without there being as much action as the first.
    Right off the mark, we need to remember that this is a continuation, that these two films were supposed to be one, so to recap, The Bride (Uma Thurman) is on a revenge mission to hunt out those who betrayed her, former colleagues of the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad, led by Bill (Dennis Carradine).
    This time around we meet Budd (Michael Madsen) who is now living in a trashed out trailer and getting by as a bouncer, until The Bride shows up. We are also reintroduced to Elle Driver, the one-eyed assassin from the previous instalment, with a much bigger part to play this time around.
    Volume 2 confidently ties up all the loose ends of the first outing, the story is broader in scope to allow more of a human touch to the colourful proceedings, but still using past films to capture the true nature of the story.
    While not as violent as the original, there is much more dialogue in Volume 2, the fact that the whole 'saga' is in fact one film shows true balance to the story, The Bride at first is full of hatred and revenge, but now realises she has almost reached the end of the road, and this makes for much more interesting and intriguing scenes with The Bride and of course, Bill.
    Quentin Tarantino has now proved his ability to tell a compelling story through various body movements and the art of filmmaking and creating the perfect scene to capture that one defining moment, and that is where the cinematography exceeds in every level in this film.
    Uma Thurman delivers another driven performance as The Bride, and yes, her real name is revealed in the film. Her continuing motivation to capture the essence of a character is what makes her a suitable lead, something which will always leave a lasting effect. Dennis Carradine is typically charming yet deadly as Bill, his references to comic books and how superheroes reflect human nature is genius, and shows the powerful dialogue that Tarantino can create.
    The action scenes still do exist, while not is colourful, they are certainly memorable and beautiful to watch.
    my advice is to sit and watch these two films as a whole, and to receive a true masterclass in filmmaking and how to put across a simple story for everyone else to be interested in.
  10. Jun 12, 2012
    Kill Bill: Vol. 1 allowed Quentin Tarantino to show off his panache for crafting thrilling and stylish action. Vol. 2 allowed him to prove that he is also a master of character development and affecting drama. Uma Thurman once again impresses as The Bride, and this time her character is allowed to become a real human being driven by emotions beyond those connected to a desire for revenge.Kill Bill: Vol. 1 allowed Quentin Tarantino to show off his panache for crafting thrilling and stylish action. Vol. 2 allowed him to prove that he is also a master of character development and affecting drama. Uma Thurman once again impresses as The Bride, and this time her character is allowed to become a real human being driven by emotions beyond those connected to a desire for revenge. Michael Madsen also makes his mark as Budd, Bill's brother and another former assassin on The Bride's kill list, who is long past his best and quite understanding of her need to kill him and his former associates, proclaiming with a hint of remorse "That woman deserves her revenge, and we deserve to die". Fittingly, seeing as he's the titular character and primary antagonist of this two-part epic, the late David Carradine's Bill is utterly mesmerising. He completely embodies the enigma and contradictions of his character - a caring father and also a violent mercenary, a philosophical big-thinker but also heavily reliant on animalistic instinct, a stoic outward appearance but not above crude insults. He's a superb character creation of Tarantino's, and is easily one of the best, most terrifying, interesting and layered movie villains of all time. While the story is enthralling throughout, where the film reaches its true potential is with the final act. You'd be forgiven for expecting an extravagant final battle, blade-to-blade between The Bride and Bill, as that's what we've been lead to believe we've been building to. What Tarantino gives us instead is a taught, tense and sublimely written final conversation between the two characters. The result is a far more original, intelligent and satisfying conclusion to this incredible revenge saga. With the first volume of Kill Bill, Quentin Tarantino managed to make lowbrow filmmaking respectable; with Vol. 2, through accomplished direction, a brilliant cast and flawless craftsmanship, Tarantino elevates trash to high art. Expand
  11. Jun 25, 2016
    It might not succeed VOL 1, but Tarantino sure did succeed once again. The direction of this film is as predicted very artistic and splendid as usual. It’s funny and crazy – just what Tarantino is famous for. It’s an enjoyable ride with many ups and downs, including a well illustrated villain with a clear motivation. But this isn’t as fast-paced nor entertaining as VOL 1 – not even close.It might not succeed VOL 1, but Tarantino sure did succeed once again. The direction of this film is as predicted very artistic and splendid as usual. It’s funny and crazy – just what Tarantino is famous for. It’s an enjoyable ride with many ups and downs, including a well illustrated villain with a clear motivation. But this isn’t as fast-paced nor entertaining as VOL 1 – not even close. There’re even some unclear motivations of some of the characters that they apparently forgot to clear out. But it got way more character depth — and it sure is an action-packed and bloody, & perhaps (for some) too bloody film. But it sure is a wild one!

Personal rating: 70/100
    Critical rating: 75/100
  12. Sep 3, 2014
    "Kill Bill: Vol. 2" is even better than the first part! It's not as action-packed, but it covers more of why The Bride is so hell-bent on getting revenge which makes up for the slower parts of the film. Volume 2 is bigger, bolder, and better than Volume 1.
  13. Sep 26, 2011
    Its rare that I give a film 10/10 or 5 stars but this film truly deserves it. It is the perfect culmination of the two films. The first film acted as a great origins film looking back on what brought The Bride to where she was when she started her quest for vengeance but it had its flaws (ultra violence only works in small quantities, just ask Total Recall). Kill Bill Vol 2 works with whatIts rare that I give a film 10/10 or 5 stars but this film truly deserves it. It is the perfect culmination of the two films. The first film acted as a great origins film looking back on what brought The Bride to where she was when she started her quest for vengeance but it had its flaws (ultra violence only works in small quantities, just ask Total Recall). Kill Bill Vol 2 works with what the 1st volume had already established but rounded out the remaining targets as well as The Bride herself. The emulation of classic Kung Fu films further accentuated the characters and there admiration for the art. In the 1st volume that was something only touched on briefly and most characters suffered because they were not properly build with O-Ren Ishii being nothing more than a mob boss. Volume 2 shows Bill to be both a complex character with multiple urges and desires but also a extremely childish character who is incredibly impulsive. Yet again Tarrantino's script is so nuanced and detailed that every conversation comes off as real in a film that even embraces the cheese of vintage Kung Fu movies (fast zoom and all). Despite the fact that the film had a problem with momentum there was never a moment when I wasn't completely encapsulated in what was happening on screen with the Pai Mei scenes being extremely riviting despite serving very little purpose. The main draw however was understanding these characters, what drives them, why they need what they need. Daryl Hannah's Elle is one such character whose seething hatred of The Bride would seem like petty jealousy if you had only seen the 1st film but there is so much more to it and this film succeeds in every aspect of character. If there is anything wrong with this film it would be Budd's section (not that there is anything wrong with Michael Madsen) because there were scenes that just served no purpose at all, not even a little and yet were shoehorned in to give Madsen something to do. The finale of the film is both riveting and deeply emotional with everything that had been set up by the final moments of Volume 1 culminating beautifully and the final scene with The Bride (whose name is revealed) on the bathroom floor just describes how detailed this film really is. A masterpiece in every sense of the word. Also, who knew making sandwiches could be so captivating. Expand
  14. Apr 17, 2016
    Though some of the dialogues were lengthy, and made me yawn a bit, everything just fell into place as the movie progressed to its climax. Kill Bill 2 is all about the emotional dilemma and conflicts that result to unimaginable consequences. One of the best action movies ever made!
  15. Jan 5, 2012
    A lot better sequel then I expected. The story ended good and the acting was great as well. It was also a lot more interesting this time around as well. I enjoyed it a lot more then the first film.
  16. chw
    Aug 16, 2014
    Not as good as the first volume, since this volume was incredibly slow but does pick up a bit, but it has a fantastic conclusion at the end of the movie.
  17. Jan 6, 2014
    O filme simplesmente um máximo
  18. Jul 21, 2015
    Un final perfecto, Kill Bill Vol 2 es mas dialogo que acción, pero eso no le quita la perfección, el guion es simplemente único y original, Quentin Tarantino me sigue sorprendiendo, la forma en la que escribe es tan admirable y entretenida que incluso los diálogos son mas divertidos que las secuencias de acción. Al igual que su primera parte, las escenas de acción son un homenaje a lasUn final perfecto, Kill Bill Vol 2 es mas dialogo que acción, pero eso no le quita la perfección, el guion es simplemente único y original, Quentin Tarantino me sigue sorprendiendo, la forma en la que escribe es tan admirable y entretenida que incluso los diálogos son mas divertidos que las secuencias de acción. Al igual que su primera parte, las escenas de acción son un homenaje a las grandes películas de Kung-Fu (Sobre todo a Bruce Lee) Junta las 2 partes y obtendrás un espectáculo de 4 horas único, divertido y espectacular. Expand
  19. May 30, 2014
    Another good film by QT I think that a lot of his stuff is overrated but not this one I really enjoyed this one. It is not as gory as the first but it is better. There are some really cool fight scenes and a great story and dialogue typical in most QT movies. The acting in this movie is great as they make all of the characters really mysterious which I thoroughly enjoyed. Definitely checkAnother good film by QT I think that a lot of his stuff is overrated but not this one I really enjoyed this one. It is not as gory as the first but it is better. There are some really cool fight scenes and a great story and dialogue typical in most QT movies. The acting in this movie is great as they make all of the characters really mysterious which I thoroughly enjoyed. Definitely check this one and the firs one out. Expand
  20. Aug 17, 2013
    Kill Bill volume 2 is almost a completely different film to the first. Where volume 1 is purely action-driven with a lot of uncensored blood & gore, this one is the opposite. The first volume had some excellent scenes and fantastic direction, but lacked depth in its story. Volume 2 provides this backing, and does it in an immersive way. Every moment feels like it was expertly directed andKill Bill volume 2 is almost a completely different film to the first. Where volume 1 is purely action-driven with a lot of uncensored blood & gore, this one is the opposite. The first volume had some excellent scenes and fantastic direction, but lacked depth in its story. Volume 2 provides this backing, and does it in an immersive way. Every moment feels like it was expertly directed and put together. There is perhaps only one or two moments of actual violence in this film, the rest is purely story and character driven. However, the beauty of it is that there's not a single minute where you're bored and wishing for more of the brutal combat shown in volume 1. There are a lot of subtle but powerful messages in this film, and in my opinion more than make up for the lack of action. The fact that all the action is in volume 1 and the story in volume 2 actually makes the film more unique in my opinion, rather than having a generic mix of the two. I think this film is passable stand-alone, but you need to have seen volume 1 to appreciate it more and understand why there isn't much action in it. Overall, a must-see if you have watched Kill Bill Volume 1 and want to know more about the story. Expand
  21. Nov 15, 2011
    Best than it's predecessor, this volume show us how creative Tarantino's mind can be. Showing the revenge of the Bride aka Beatrix Potter - Uma Thuman, in her best acting ever, even better than in Pulp Fiction- we get the blood we need, and even another great character, Elle Driver -Daryl Hannah, once again, great. Brilliant.
  22. Dec 12, 2013
    Not as full on as the first- with less action and more talking- but the style and delivery is perfect in adding substance to the story and concluding it well.
  23. Nov 24, 2012
    This movie wasn't as violent, and well written as its procedure, The acting is way more better, especially Thurman's performance.
  24. Oct 4, 2010
    Gory, unbelievably exciting and featuring fight sequences that will have you drooling on the edge of your seat, the concept is incredibly simple. 'KILL BILL'.
    Definitely up there with 'Pulp Fiction' and 'Inglourious Basterds' as Quentin Tarantino's best film to date, it is an old fashioned horror/comedy/drama that is just so entertaining!
  25. Sep 9, 2012
    Not so memorable as Kill Bill Vol. 1 for me, a bit touchy sometimes and naive at moments (e.g. the daughter's plot), thanks to Madsen and Carradine I found it really enjoyable. It's Tarantino ok, the references to westerns, noir, and kung-fu movies are cool, but a bit schematic and dull to some extent.
  26. Feb 23, 2012
    I like Tarantina's films! I like Uma Turman and this film is amazing! Love it ! It is me favourit film!
  27. Feb 12, 2016
    It's hard to believe that Kill Bill was intended to be one big movie, because Volume 2 feels like a completely different film. There's less action and more backstory, character and emotion.

And despite my love for the crazy violence of Volume 1, all those things I mentioned that Vol. 2 exceeds are more important to making a great film in my personal opinion. And Tarantino manages to make this an emotionally memorable experience that I think exceeds the first film, with it's intricate style, characters and story. Nothing particularly original happens in this revenge, but it's done so well that it really doesn't matter.
  28. Oct 7, 2011
    Amazing movie, director and actors. All the characters are interresting, the action scenes are awesome, and Taratino knows how to surprises the viewer. A reference.
  29. Apr 7, 2013
    This film is less of a sequel and more a continuation of the Bride's story. This one contains more philosophy and a sense of urgency leading to the final confrontation with Bill. Tarantino has succeeded in creating a masterful story and will go down as one of my favorite sets of films.
  30. Jan 5, 2011
    If, in 'Kill Bill Vol. 1', Quentin Tarantino made one of the best
    movies for people who love Japanese grindhouse, then in 'Vol. 2' he
    made one of the best movies for people who love movies. Tarantino has consistently been my favorite director and 'Kill Bill Vol. 2' is the greatest of all his films to date. This isn't a sequel to 'Vol. 1', as he didn't decide to split 'Kill Bill' up until
    If, in 'Kill Bill Vol. 1', Quentin Tarantino made one of the best
    movies for people who love Japanese grindhouse, then in 'Vol. 2' he
    made one of the best movies for people who love movies. Tarantino has
    consistently been my favorite director and 'Kill Bill Vol. 2' is the
    greatest of all his films to date. This isn't a sequel to 'Vol. 1', as
    he didn't decide to split 'Kill Bill' up until just after he finished
    shooting, it's simply the second half. 'Vol. 1' is an excellent,
    excellent film, but no where in the range of this one. I grin
    ear-to-ear all the way through this movie.

'Vol. 2' is Quentin's most visually beautiful movie yet (and the
    magnificent opening chapter, shot in gleaming black-and-white, is
    resplendent to a degree that is profound, as is the great sequence at
    Pai Mei's ancient abode, shot in gloriously seventies-style
    over-saturated greens and glaring whites), and it's where his flair for
    spaghetti-Westerns comes out the most. As in all of Tarantino's films,
    the dialogue is an unadulterated joy.

This is nearly his least violent (and actually also almost his least
    talkative) film yet, and I've read both the original script and David
    Carradine's 'The Kill Bill Diaries', about all he saw of the making of
    the movies, and it's clear that many of Quentin's best decisions had to
    do with diminishing or removing the action. In place of the more
    obvious strategy of showing us a detailed sequence of the Deadly Viper
    Assassination Squad gruesomely gunning down the people in the chapel,
    he decided no, pull back and let us just listen to a brief event from a
    distance, observing it in a kind of silhouette. And in place of Bill
    firing a warning shot at the Bride and holding her at gun-point while
    she walks towards a couch to seat herself, he decided Bill simply
    regards her casually, his pistol just visible at his waist, of which
    they are both aware. In the earlier idea, all suspense would have been
    spent with the warning shot. When Bill relates the tale of Pai Mei to
    the Bride, he decided it would be more effective to let us use our
    imaginations while listening to Bill's ponderous speech by the
    camp-fire in the dark than to play seventies Kung Fu footage of Pai Mei
    in action over the monologue.

The first time I saw the movie, the first big thing that struck me was
    Budd. His is a great and
    tragic character, and Michael Madsen is a great actor, and his
    performance begins in a singularly perfect scene with Carradine which
    shows us his indifference to, and acceptance of, his approaching
    probable demise. And for a long stretch the Bride is forgotten, and we
    simply follow Budd into the lonely strip club he tends bar at, getting
    a taste of what his existence has become, of his disappointment and
    withdrawal from life (the scene where he argues with his boss Larry and
    finally relinquishes both his hat and his pride is worthy of applause).
    Every time I watch the scene of the Bride's sneak-attack on him, I am
    more amazed by how exquisitely constructed the whole sequence is. A
    long, meticulous build-up ending in unexpected truncation is a
    trade-mark of Quentin's, in action as well as dialogue. What Budd does with the Bride is endlessly fascinating to me in its brilliant, primeval simplicity. This is the stuff of great myths. In the last chapter the tone of the film changes from the grandiose, Tarantinian adventure of the first four chapters and settles into an intimate dialogue between the story's two central characters (and one other, for a time), in which Quentin subtly and expertly simmers the tension and danger that exists between these two supremely deadly assassins. This section of the film is in keeping with an other trade-mark of Quentin's, that of inserting elements of simplest, uttermost reality into an over-the-top, epic story. With Quentin's help, David Carradine produced a magnificent performance in this film, as a man who is possibly even more laid-back than Carradine was himself (and who delivers three great monologues), but who can be deeply, genuinely menacing. 'Kill Bill Vol. 2' is the most joyful, the most exciting, the most glorious celebration of the cinema I've ever seen. It is Tarantino's deepest and most emotionally powerful film by far (and the often over-looked sequence of the Bride slowly preparing herself before leaving a bed-room to face Bill is one of the very best in the film). It has both the best and second- best uses of music I've heard in a movie (if not more). The climax of the Bride's raggedly magnificent confrontation with her wicked rival Elle evokes in me the emotion of sheer love. And the scene of the Bride's triumph over the designs of Budd has become my central image of the cinema. This is a movie that bursts with human life, and with its director's signature passion and love of the movies. I can't tell you how many times I've put the D.V.D. in to look at a specific part, and then ended up watching the whole damn thing again.
  31. Feb 13, 2011
    There seems to be some confusion in evilD's post. So that you don't get the wrong idea, Kill Bill was not made into two movies to maximize profits. The length of the movie if combined was longer then anticipated. The "over the topness" of the movie is purposeful, creating a homage of old Hong Kong martial arts films, Japanese Chanbara films, exploitation films and spaghetti westerns.There seems to be some confusion in evilD's post. So that you don't get the wrong idea, Kill Bill was not made into two movies to maximize profits. The length of the movie if combined was longer then anticipated. The "over the topness" of the movie is purposeful, creating a homage of old Hong Kong martial arts films, Japanese Chanbara films, exploitation films and spaghetti westerns. Tarantino captures both visual and audial senses of the viewers with the amazing soundtrack to great camera work! Though some may say it had a shallow plot, it was the story of the bride that really held me down in my chair. I can proudly say Kill Bill Vol.1 and Kill Bill Vol.2 are my favourite movies. Expand
  32. Aug 31, 2013
    meskipun dengan action yang kurang dari film sebelumnya, namun kekurangan itu berhasil ditambal dengan cerita yang menarik dan dialog2 yang baik, uma thurman tamah mengkilap di film ini namun dua jempol patut disematkan pda David Carradine as Bill auranya dalam film itu sungguh powerful banget
  33. Dec 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When looking at Kill Bill: Volume 1, you look for a fun action movie, a stylistic revenge flick. You get that in Volume 2 as well, but the dramatic leanings of the film are much more evident. To take Volume 2 asa great movie is something that is easier to do than Volume 1, and it works. The highlight of the film, by a wide margin, was the finale scenes with Beatrix and Bill talking, their short battle, and coming to terms with Bill's death. David Carradine's acting was superb, and I fail to see how he was not nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor the year this film was released. A great movie, plain and simple. Expand
  34. Jun 26, 2013
    The Bride continues to seek her vengeance by searching the man responsible of the grace shot she received. It is the perfect combination of gore, action and Tarantino touch in a single movie. (Considering Kill Bill vol.1 and vol. 2 as one film) It should be recognized as a MUST see at anytime given.
  35. Nov 17, 2010
    This along with the prequel to this are definitely the collab of the best movie ever made. I love to watch Vol. 1 and 2 as if it is just one big movie. I LOVE the fight scenes, the more unlocked tells of the other members of the squad and the story of the Bride before all things went south for her. LOVE THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!
  36. Nov 16, 2011
    I recently just watched both movies for the first time i have to by it self this movie is not much to talk about, but seeing vol.2 the movie was extremely better as a whole. This one by itself was really good and i really liked the ending of it all. I recommend especially anyone who is a fan of the old kung fu movies
  37. Jul 22, 2011
    Kill Bill... is cool. Really, really cool. It's Quentin Tarantino. He's cool. Really, really cool.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Kill Bill isn't supposed to be believable. It's supposed to be... cool, brilliant, and tastefully ridiculous. And that's exactly what Quentin Tarantino does best.
  38. DerrickD.
    Apr 18, 2004
    Before anyone starts whining about the slow pace, the lack of action, and the fact that this movie "doesn't stand on it own", please consider the fact that the movie isn't meant to stand on its own at all. It, along with Vol.1 are meant to be viewed as a whole and if you're looking for some schlocky, bigger, gorier, more explosive sequel then you are setting yourself up for Before anyone starts whining about the slow pace, the lack of action, and the fact that this movie "doesn't stand on it own", please consider the fact that the movie isn't meant to stand on its own at all. It, along with Vol.1 are meant to be viewed as a whole and if you're looking for some schlocky, bigger, gorier, more explosive sequel then you are setting yourself up for disappointment. I actually enjoyed the fact that Tarantino took the time to slow down and flesh out the brilliant characters of the first movie. The [conclusion (spoiler ommitted)], while anticlimactic to some, is much more appropriate than a knockdown-dragout slugfest that would have done nothing but cheapen the experience all together. Even though I don't think of this movie as a true sequel, I still wish that more sequel could be made in such a matter, instead of the idiotic, money-motivated, big budget, bigger and "better" crap that is released. Expand
  39. MikeO.
    May 6, 2004
    This movie can't get 10 because, like any movie, it just can't tie up every loose end. Apart from that minor comment, Kill Bill Vol. 2 is fantastic. The fight scenes are well crafted, and this time the plot and characterizations are improved. The power of this film is in how there is no good versus bad, none of your standard heroine meets hero and falls in love - this is just This movie can't get 10 because, like any movie, it just can't tie up every loose end. Apart from that minor comment, Kill Bill Vol. 2 is fantastic. The fight scenes are well crafted, and this time the plot and characterizations are improved. The power of this film is in how there is no good versus bad, none of your standard heroine meets hero and falls in love - this is just classic and original filmmaking. Great. Expand
  40. ChadS.
    Jul 7, 2004
    It's hard to believe that Warren Beatty was Quentin Tarrantino's first choice to play Bill. If David Carradine passed, Iggy Pop might've been able to pull it off. As for The Bride, Uma Thurman is it. My favorite Uma moment is when Budd (Michael Madsen) gives her a choice between the flashlight, or the mace, and she motions for the former, before Tarrantino pays homage to It's hard to believe that Warren Beatty was Quentin Tarrantino's first choice to play Bill. If David Carradine passed, Iggy Pop might've been able to pull it off. As for The Bride, Uma Thurman is it. My favorite Uma moment is when Budd (Michael Madsen) gives her a choice between the flashlight, or the mace, and she motions for the former, before Tarrantino pays homage to "The Vanishing". She's going to be overlooked at Oscar-time again. What Thurman does with a pair of chopsticks is every bit as impressive as reciting a line of dialogue with conviction, such as "Old Lady Swanger says you need help, so here I am," or "Make me feel good." Her scenes with Pai Mei (Gordon Liu) must set some kind of record for fun. Are Pei Mei's eyebrows a quote? Morgan Freeman in "Dreamcatcher"? The domestic scenes that close this magnificent film is a little jarring, but that's because we're so sick of cute kids, which begets cute kid moments, and we don't necessarily want an apology for all the violence. Tarrantino wanted to give The Bride depth, but maybe he went at it with too heavy a hand. "Kill Bill Vol. 1" and "Vol. 2" needs to be restored to its original version. This is filmmaking so exhilirating, nobody would've minded being stuck in the theater for three-and-a-half hours. You can't deny Quentin Tarrantino is a major filmmaker, albeit shallow. Shallow masterpieces or near-masterpieces, are better than films with delusions of Oscar grandeur. Expand
  41. VinceH.
    Apr 18, 2004
    Replacing the non-linear, action-packed and bloody soaked fighting of the first film, Tarantino has dedicated this film to character moments and the best dialogue in years. We learn a lot more about Bud, Bill, and the Bride (whose name is finally received). If you go into this film expecting another Vol. 1, you will be dissapointed. The best way to enjoy this is to view it as a part of a Replacing the non-linear, action-packed and bloody soaked fighting of the first film, Tarantino has dedicated this film to character moments and the best dialogue in years. We learn a lot more about Bud, Bill, and the Bride (whose name is finally received). If you go into this film expecting another Vol. 1, you will be dissapointed. The best way to enjoy this is to view it as a part of a whole. The dialogue alone is worth admission. Essentially the last hour of the film is just the Bride and Bill talking to each other...that's it. No action, nothing. The speech that Bill gives about the difference between Superman and Spiderman is arguably one of the finest pieces Tarantino has ever written and brilliant stuff. One of the 10 best movies I've seen this year. Expand
  42. Ross
    Apr 24, 2004
    On balance quite a good movie. Occasionally I felt it was dragging it's feet. With a little tightening, both movies combined might be a better experience. I must admit Thurman was excellent, except for the hammy "tough guy" type lines - her delivery didn't quite work for me. Carradine was also very good. Some of the dialogue was forced, especially Darryl Hannah's - or am I On balance quite a good movie. Occasionally I felt it was dragging it's feet. With a little tightening, both movies combined might be a better experience. I must admit Thurman was excellent, except for the hammy "tough guy" type lines - her delivery didn't quite work for me. Carradine was also very good. Some of the dialogue was forced, especially Darryl Hannah's - or am I missing the point? Their trailer fight was incredible, but could have done with a few more minutes. Speaking of dialogue, I would have to say Jackie Brown is his best work in that department. I do think Volume 2 is being over-rated by some. It didn't knock me between the eyes the way the first one did, which was certainly a "triumph of style over substance" (read that somewhere). I didn't find this one as memorable or as fun. Volume 1 also had one of the best soundtracks ever to grace a film. I'm still looking foward to seeing it again and hopefully I'll find more to enjoy. Expand
  43. WillP.
    Aug 28, 2004
    Once again, amazing director work and amazing acting. caradine is flawless.
  44. DanK
    May 26, 2005
    Excellent movie. Answers all the questions left from volume 1. And to all those who keep going on about how they would rather see one movie and that they are getting ripped off paying twice Quentin Tarantino had originally planned on making one movie but it would be nearly 4 hours long. I could and have watched them back to back but most people don't have the time to sit through a Excellent movie. Answers all the questions left from volume 1. And to all those who keep going on about how they would rather see one movie and that they are getting ripped off paying twice Quentin Tarantino had originally planned on making one movie but it would be nearly 4 hours long. I could and have watched them back to back but most people don't have the time to sit through a movie that long. Expand
  45. MichaelM.
    Oct 22, 2004
    "Kill Bill Volume 2" is just another reason why we adore Quentin Tarantino's filmmaking. The story in Volume 2 begins where Volume 1 left it. The Bride (Uma Thurman - in an Oscar nomination worthy role) continues her bloody revenge by going after Bill's brother Budd (Michael Madsen - who also deserves an Oscar nomination), Elle Driver (Daryl Hannah - good performance, but not "Kill Bill Volume 2" is just another reason why we adore Quentin Tarantino's filmmaking. The story in Volume 2 begins where Volume 1 left it. The Bride (Uma Thurman - in an Oscar nomination worthy role) continues her bloody revenge by going after Bill's brother Budd (Michael Madsen - who also deserves an Oscar nomination), Elle Driver (Daryl Hannah - good performance, but not quite Oscar worthy) and finally, Bill himself (David Carradine - in his VERY best role, and worthy of an Oscar). Volume 2 is an overall better film than Volume 1. It doesn't have nearly as much blood or action as Vol. 1, but it has a much more rich story line, and is an overall deeper movie. That's not to say Vol. 2 doesn't have some very awesome fight sequences (four come to mind), just that Vol. 2 makes more room for plot and background information. In the end, Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 would be better viewed and thought of as just one film, the KILL BILL epic. But, if I had to chose between Vol. 1 or Vol. 2, I'd say Vol. 1 is more entertaining, but Vol. 2 is a better film, and makes for a more full viewing experience. DON'T WAIT, SEE IN THEATERS!!! A MUST-SEE. Thumbs Way up! Expand
  46. NicholasH.
    Apr 10, 2004
    Even better than the first.....if you can believe it!
  47. AaronF.
    Apr 16, 2004
    Altogether not as good as Vol. 1. The first hour is as brilliant as any part of the first, but the second hour is dominated by dialogue. Wouldn't be a fault if it rang true, but Tarantino seems to want to hold our hand during Bill and The Bride's final exchanges. If you payed attention to Vol. 1, this is rather cloying as most of what goes on is rather self-explanatory given the Altogether not as good as Vol. 1. The first hour is as brilliant as any part of the first, but the second hour is dominated by dialogue. Wouldn't be a fault if it rang true, but Tarantino seems to want to hold our hand during Bill and The Bride's final exchanges. If you payed attention to Vol. 1, this is rather cloying as most of what goes on is rather self-explanatory given the quality of the acting. Quentin needs to trust himself and get better aquainted with the editing room (Or release both parts together). Expand
    Apr 16, 2004
    This movie is the best one I have seen all year.
  49. JonathanH.
    Apr 16, 2004
    Brilliant, Much Better then the first, and i loved the first, But this one took care of it in every single way.
  50. TheRealist
    Apr 17, 2004
    Well Kill Bill is finally complete or so we think. Reason I say that is I heard Tarantino is already talking about making a third installment 15 years down the road. It will be about Vivica's daughter seeking revenge on Beatrix Kiddo aka the bride. He wants to use the same little girl for the movie so that's why it wouldn't be for another 15-20 years. We'll know after Well Kill Bill is finally complete or so we think. Reason I say that is I heard Tarantino is already talking about making a third installment 15 years down the road. It will be about Vivica's daughter seeking revenge on Beatrix Kiddo aka the bride. He wants to use the same little girl for the movie so that's why it wouldn't be for another 15-20 years. We'll know after both volumes I'm just blown away by this masterpiece of film both vol.1 and vol.2 bring to the screen. Vol.2 is not nearly as action packed as the first volume, but you have to look at this as one movie people not a sequel. We have to learn more about the characters and their situations why they did this and that. There is action in the second volume and when there is action you feel it as if it were happening to you. Quentin is such a brilliant director and I will be very shocked if this movie does not win an oscar, actually I think it should sweep the oscars, and I will be in shock if it doesn't. Quentin is so underrated by some, they all think Speilberg, Howard, and way overrated George Lucas are the best out there, I don't think so. This movie alone would make him the best director out there. Plus having titles like Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction which are two classics, man he is a genius. This film would probably be the best movie since Scarface and that's saying a lot, especially when you have excellent films like Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction which are a couple more of my favorites. When you go see vol.2 make sure you're looking at this as one whole film cause there is a lot more dialogue in this film, not as much action as the beginning, but still be prepared to be blown away. It makes you want to watch all the old school martial arts flix. O and near the end of the movie if there are any wu-tang fans out there you'll hear the begining of the first song from the GZA cd liquid swords when the girl is telling the tale of the shogun assassain, which i thought was cool cause know i know what movie it came from. Alright enjoy the film and be prepared to be blown away and if you're not go watch films like the whole ten yards or some garbage like that. Expand
  51. DaveS.
    Apr 21, 2004
    Splitting this movie in two is absolutely unforgivable. Both parts suffer when they are viewed separately!
  52. Notnice
    Apr 20, 2004
    His best movie. my favorite movie. i want to spend the rest of my life with it.
  53. RyanM.
    Apr 9, 2004
    A movie to end all movies. Tarantino has done something incredible here, and that's almost equal to "Pulp Fiction." Kill Bill, Volumes 1 & 2 make up one of the greatest films ever in cinematic history. It blew me away.
  54. HenryS.
    May 10, 2004
    This movie is so good it makes me want 2 kill bill (munz that is).
  55. BrianS.
    May 30, 2004
    Tarantino's fourth and a half film is definitely one of his best, of course it will never beat out Pulp Fiction, but what does? If Kill Bill 1 is spaggetti western action, than Kill Bill 2 is all dialogue in the comfortable Quentin style. Note, Uma Thurman really shines, a must see obviously if you watched and liked the first. Seems to be a set of films that only get better with time.
  56. Jared
    May 9, 2004
    Great movie. Vol. 1 provides the action, Vol. 2 provides the story. Amazing.
  57. DorianGrey
    Jun 22, 2004
    Finally I can name without a doubt the best movie in the world. It's Kill Bill (1&2).
  58. MichaelB.
    Jun 6, 2004
    Stop hatin on it you lil punk.
  59. RJSamson
    Jul 12, 2004
  60. EveningSun
    Sep 10, 2004
    A great conclusion to a brilliant movie phenomenon. Though not as fast-paced and adrenaline-pumping as Volume 1, the second part leaves a better aftertaste. Tarantino has not only shown that he's still the king of gritty crime movies, but also how effortlessly he can handle romantic and emotional aspects to a marvellous effect. When put together, Kill Bill will stand as one of the A great conclusion to a brilliant movie phenomenon. Though not as fast-paced and adrenaline-pumping as Volume 1, the second part leaves a better aftertaste. Tarantino has not only shown that he's still the king of gritty crime movies, but also how effortlessly he can handle romantic and emotional aspects to a marvellous effect. When put together, Kill Bill will stand as one of the greatest motion pictures of the new milennium. And after reading Johnny U.'s post - Do you honestly believe that just because you can't see a movie's good qualities that means there are none, and thus everyone rates that movie a 10 because the hype tells them so? Judging from your way of writing, it seems the only comment on the movie is "an absolute boreathon". Well, Johnny, maybe you should start judging a movie from its script, acting and direction too? Because these are the things that have made Tarantino's movies famous, and if you can't notice these things in a film, you shouldn't be commenting here at all. Expand
  61. davidg.
    Jan 9, 2005
    Hugely enjoyable film. i was beginning to think Tarrantino had lost his touch but this seems to be his best film to date. Top screenplay, top acting. Editing is superb, as if the soundtrack. I hope it's not too late for this film to gain a Oscar for best film, best editing, best screenplay and best a few other things besides.
  62. PeterJ.
    Feb 10, 2005
    I gave Volume 1 a 6. Volume 2 is much better. This was one of the most fun movies I have watched in a long time. The film was a little silly, but really portrays the old martial arts movies well. I really like The Bride's masters character. Classic. I don't watch many movies twice, but if I see it playing on Stars I will be forced to watch it again.
  63. Wongit
    Mar 12, 2005
    Another great film. a marvelous sequel, its tottaly different from the first film but it was good. Great dialogue, great characters...GREAT FIGHT between the bride and elle driver. That was without a doubt one of the best fights ever.
  64. RogerS.
    Mar 3, 2005
    THE BEST!
  65. NichoalsP.
    Apr 22, 2005
    Intresting Cinematography and Plot with an original angle, while balancing character development with an imposing will.
  66. KimY.
    Sep 17, 2005
    The first film was all action and very little to no character development or plot. All that comes in this part 2. And it's so much better! The action was very fast paced and over the top i the first one. Now we find out what it was all about and just who these people are. Tarantino has made a true epic when you put these 2 films together. And this part 2 shines far beyond the all The first film was all action and very little to no character development or plot. All that comes in this part 2. And it's so much better! The action was very fast paced and over the top i the first one. Now we find out what it was all about and just who these people are. Tarantino has made a true epic when you put these 2 films together. And this part 2 shines far beyond the all action part one section. Expand
  67. DaveB.
    Mar 2, 2008
    Loved it! It does not surprise me that some people don't though. Quentin T is an acquired taste. Loved the first one too! This guy makes movies the way I would, if I only could. He pulls no punches. Oh, and both movies had some great tunes!!!
  68. alexb
    Aug 10, 2008
    Another beauty from a brilliant man. This movie is a psychological wonder. The ending was perfect because it mirrored the Bride and Bills warrior ability. This is why I love movies so much, and this is why I love Tarantino so much.
  69. KM
    Mar 19, 2009
    Though it wasn't blood splattering fun like the first, it is a great movie all its own and it ends up giving a great conclusion to the epic.
  70. DavidS
    Apr 26, 2010
    THIS is the kind of movie I want to see more of. Flawed, unpolished, and borderline inaccessible to half the population, but incredibly unique, ambitious, and memorable. Tarantino ignores the flat standards set out by hollywood and its hack critics. This is not a "good" movie. This is not a polished movie. This is not a movie that recognizes, nor cares about, what fans of the first want THIS is the kind of movie I want to see more of. Flawed, unpolished, and borderline inaccessible to half the population, but incredibly unique, ambitious, and memorable. Tarantino ignores the flat standards set out by hollywood and its hack critics. This is not a "good" movie. This is not a polished movie. This is not a movie that recognizes, nor cares about, what fans of the first want to see. This is, purely and simply, a work of art in its rawest, most personal form. And it is incredible to behold. Expand
  71. Will
    Apr 11, 2004
    Just simply the best.
  72. Rich
    Apr 16, 2004
    Surprisingly sweet and ridiculously exciting film experience. Gorgeous cinematography and one of the most thoroughly exciting fight scenes I've ever seen on the big screen, this is definitely one to not miss.
  73. BlancoA.
    Apr 16, 2004
    If any movie, or pair of movies, deserves a perfect score, it's certainly this one (or these). I just saw both films for the first time -- at the ArcLight in Hollywood, the old CineramaDome (perfect sound, etc.) -- and was floored. The feeling I had upon leaving the theater was reminiscent of the feeling I had leaving Pulp Fiction, but I'd probably have to say that "Kill Bill" If any movie, or pair of movies, deserves a perfect score, it's certainly this one (or these). I just saw both films for the first time -- at the ArcLight in Hollywood, the old CineramaDome (perfect sound, etc.) -- and was floored. The feeling I had upon leaving the theater was reminiscent of the feeling I had leaving Pulp Fiction, but I'd probably have to say that "Kill Bill" (hereinafter referring to Volumes 1 & 2 as a unit) is superior. And if you have a theater in your town playing both parts back-to-back, you MUST see them together. 9:30 show, Midnight show.... the time flew by. It's too late and I'm too tired to go into detail, but just go see the damned thing. I'm honestly dumbfounded by the comments of Danielle, Amber, Bob and anyone else that gives this film a freakin' "Zero." Personal animosity with QT??? Did your boyfriends break up with you after Jackie Brown?? Uma Thurman is incredibly solid in both films, but her character is developed so elegantly in the second part. Sonny Chiba, the Old Master, and the guy that played Jean Renault from "Twin Peaks" played brilliant supporting roles. I've actually been feeling sorry of late for some of these professional Metacritic critics for having to see so many rubbish films that the studios have been churning out since about 1999. Kill Bill is the gleaming gem amidst the riff-raff. You'd be a fool to miss this one. Expand
  74. RobbyD.
    Apr 16, 2004
    When you go to see a Quentin Tarantino film, you best prepare yourself for one wild ride. Kill Bill is like nothing else out there today. Whether that is good or bad is up to the viewer... but the least one can do is give this movie a chance. In my humble opinion, Vol. 2 was well worth the wait. Proof positive that Hollywood can still be FUN.
  75. SeanM.
    Apr 16, 2004
    Have to see, great, don't miss, one of the best of this year. Personally one of my favorite movies.
  76. ThomY.
    Apr 17, 2004
    I have to wonder if the people that hated this movie so much have ever seen a Tarantino movie before. I didn't much care for the first movie but coupled together the two would have been a masterpiece. Vol 2., true to Tarantino in every way, is filled with memorable, cleverly overscripted dialogue and the acting is dry and cuting. Oh yeah, and the sound effects are unbelieveable.
  77. Victoria
    Apr 18, 2004
    [***SPOILERS***] This movie was absolutely amazing. Although without Volume 1 would not be half as great as we all hold it. Speaking of Volume 1, Volume 2 makes 10 times better. Since everything is finally explained, this movie has absolute greatness. Although there was less action and more feeling in this one, it was still filled with the fights. Especially the showdown between The Bride[***SPOILERS***] This movie was absolutely amazing. Although without Volume 1 would not be half as great as we all hold it. Speaking of Volume 1, Volume 2 makes 10 times better. Since everything is finally explained, this movie has absolute greatness. Although there was less action and more feeling in this one, it was still filled with the fights. Especially the showdown between The Bride and Elle. One of the greatest parts of the movie was the part about snatching Elle's eye, and when Elle says "I killed your master". It was genius. Overall I give Kill Bill Volume 2 a 10 because I thought it was amazing. Expand
  78. Victoria
  79. RyanG.
    Apr 18, 2004
    Excellent movie. After seeing it, I think it was a great idea to release the two separately. There is not a single scene that was out of place, making for a very entertaining movie, as well as enthralling end to a perfect saga. The acting is top notch, especially Carradine, who gives a chilling performance.
  80. JB
    Apr 19, 2004
    I guess there's two types of people, the kind that liked the action of the first one, or the one's who prefer the languid pace of the second. I'm definitely the latter. As exciting as the first one was was, the blood turned me off eventually. After Vol. 1, how could Tarentino stage a final action scene to trump everything before. He doesn't, and gives us a surprisingly I guess there's two types of people, the kind that liked the action of the first one, or the one's who prefer the languid pace of the second. I'm definitely the latter. As exciting as the first one was was, the blood turned me off eventually. After Vol. 1, how could Tarentino stage a final action scene to trump everything before. He doesn't, and gives us a surprisingly touching ending. I expected a fun but shallow movie, but I unexpectedly got a lot of heart instead. Expand
  81. David
    Apr 19, 2004
    Absolutely terrific. Couldn't have been happier with it.
  82. DanH.
    Apr 19, 2004
    As a whole, better than reservoir dogs, not as good as pulp fiction. incredible movie. go see it, you won't be disappointed.
  83. DanC.
    Apr 20, 2004
    A great film! Better than Vol. 1 which placed 9th on my top ten list last year.
  84. AlexT.
    Apr 27, 2004
    Simply excellent!
  85. SaskiaB.
    Apr 27, 2004
    Splendid Cinema: ironical, coltish, dark and lucid at the same time, full of allusions but still inventive and with unforgettable settings.
  86. DenizD.
    May 11, 2004
    This is a master piece of Tarantino's a Great movie for all martial Arts fans but the movie is so great becose Yuen-yoo-ping is the action director.
  87. MatthewB.
    May 12, 2004
    This movie is the real thing!!!! Blood, Samurai Swords, Guns, fighting and a hell lot of Action!!! When you see the first five minutes of the first movie you get attached to it, in this movie in the first few seconds your eyes are glued to the television, your watching every second, no blinking and no breathing!!!! Your purpose of your life is to see this Movie!!!!! If you have seen the This movie is the real thing!!!! Blood, Samurai Swords, Guns, fighting and a hell lot of Action!!! When you see the first five minutes of the first movie you get attached to it, in this movie in the first few seconds your eyes are glued to the television, your watching every second, no blinking and no breathing!!!! Your purpose of your life is to see this Movie!!!!! If you have seen the first movie then you will definatly want to watch this!!! You want to find out, does B*****x get her revenge and KILL BILL!!!!! This movie has to be the Best, most blood splattered and intense movie of all year!!!! You must see it NOW!!!!!! If not then you miss a load out of your life!!!! Go see it!!!! Thank You & I AM GONNA KILL BILL!!!!! Expand
  88. MaxwellS.
    May 8, 2004
    This was extremely satisfying. A fantastic ending to a great movie (That is Kill Bill, none of this Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 crap.). Excellent performances, even by Daryl Hannah, and Tarantino's always brilliant direction helped make this a fantastic conclusion.
  89. LukeS.
    Jun 21, 2004
    This is a film that everybody should see. Let me qualify that - if you are genuinely interested in movies, then Kill Bill 2 is for you. People who go to the movies for 'something to do' - people who relish in the familiar, the tried and true, the pre-packaged fun-for-all fruit of the Hollywood orchid - this may not be your cup of tea. It will disappoint those who measure a film This is a film that everybody should see. Let me qualify that - if you are genuinely interested in movies, then Kill Bill 2 is for you. People who go to the movies for 'something to do' - people who relish in the familiar, the tried and true, the pre-packaged fun-for-all fruit of the Hollywood orchid - this may not be your cup of tea. It will disappoint those who measure a film by it's action scenes: Mike P, Joey 16, Julian M and Shay seem to have been upset that the violence and mayhem - let to run loose in Kill Bill 1 - were restrained in Kill Bill 2 to allow for the plot and characters to develop. TrixRone seems to prefer scripted predicable film fare ? disappointed by the absence of a cool martial arts comeback finale ? s/he would apparently prefer that Tarrentino follow the book rather than write in it. Sigh...I guess some people would be happy enough if we took 5 good movies and kept cycling them round, changing character names and swapping their hats to make it all seem like something new. For other people, people who look for something new, refreshing, daring, different, and carefully (lovingly!) crafted ? see this film. Everything about it is stunning ? the razor sharp dialogue; the depth of each character (Bill himself was fascinating ? I could not work out whether I loved him or hated him!); the camera work ? each shot made to count; the escapism?mark my words, this one will be on the shelf for a long time to come. Expand
  90. AndrewW.
    Jun 6, 2004
    Movie reviewers take Kill Bill vol. 1&2 way too seriously. I mean it's obviously a comic book style action movie that acts as a very charming throwback to those old late night samurai shows. I think it's unfair to rate the film based on either of its halves. You're basically being asked to state which half of the movie you prefer over the other, that doesn't seem very Movie reviewers take Kill Bill vol. 1&2 way too seriously. I mean it's obviously a comic book style action movie that acts as a very charming throwback to those old late night samurai shows. I think it's unfair to rate the film based on either of its halves. You're basically being asked to state which half of the movie you prefer over the other, that doesn't seem very logical to me. Either you like it on a whole or not. Expand
  91. MarcD.
    Jul 12, 2004
    The most stylish movie that I've seen in years. It's a homage to so many movies, Roger Ebert couldn't even name them all. It has something for everyone.
  92. KyleA.
    Jul 9, 2004
    Excellent film with witty dialogue and exuberant fight scenes.
  93. MattM.
    Aug 11, 2004
    People are looking into this movie from an amazing director/screenwriter as if its supposed to be Pulp Fiction 2. It's simply Tarantino bringing his audience through the wild ride of homages to all the types of movies he respects. It's not meant to make you think, its more suppose to make you feel, feel as if you got your money's worth and were entertained. I defy anyone to People are looking into this movie from an amazing director/screenwriter as if its supposed to be Pulp Fiction 2. It's simply Tarantino bringing his audience through the wild ride of homages to all the types of movies he respects. It's not meant to make you think, its more suppose to make you feel, feel as if you got your money's worth and were entertained. I defy anyone to claim that they didn't crack a smile at the beautiful anime sequence of vol. 1 and didn't feel giddy from the faux-retro delivery of the training scenes in this movie. People aren't going to remember some of the less popular film genres of the past. This movie will immortalize these forgotten reels by putting all of them into a blender, pushing down puree, and pouring it into an easy to swallow tablet. Like Mary Poppins once said, a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down. And it is definitely in the most delightful way. This movie takes Tarantino's impeccable eye for a fun and joyous scene of carnage, runs it through his mad house of sharp dialogue and writing, and spreads it liberally with references to anything pop-culture. It really is progressive movie making. Taking classical compositions (old school movies), adding a modern twist, making it a blast to watch. If Tarantino wanted the make a movie for you to wrap your brain around he WOULD HAVE, made a Pulp Fiction 2, Reservoir Dogs 2, Jackie Brown 2. Instead he just wants his audience to revel in the same styles of film making that inspired him in the first place. If you weren't entertained by this, nothing can do it. Stop thinking so much, and start loving more. Expand
  94. BillJ.
    Aug 14, 2004
    MUCH better than Vol. 1! A bit long though. As others have said, with a good deal of editing, this could have been a very good 110-120 minute movie.
  95. JamesG.
    Aug 15, 2004
    Kill Bill: Volume 2 is an amazing movie with plenty of action, laughs, and most importantly, plenty of gore. I was somewhat disappointed, as it wasn't quite as good as the first, but it's definately worth your time and money. It fills in blank spaces left by Kill Bill: Volume 1, which is very good. The acting was great, Uma Thurman is a beautiful lady, and was perfect for the Kill Bill: Volume 2 is an amazing movie with plenty of action, laughs, and most importantly, plenty of gore. I was somewhat disappointed, as it wasn't quite as good as the first, but it's definately worth your time and money. It fills in blank spaces left by Kill Bill: Volume 1, which is very good. The acting was great, Uma Thurman is a beautiful lady, and was perfect for the job. I suggest you get it as soon as possible. Go. Now! Expand
  96. FarisC.
    Jan 2, 2005
    Tarentino has warped the meaning of film once again, with an exiting sequel to Vol. 1. In Vol. 2, we discover more about
  97. joeym.
    Dec 25, 2005
    The best movie ever created.
  98. JamesM
    Dec 20, 2005
    Those ten minute scenes where nothing happens? When was this? Perhaps I was reaching for the popcorn or saying something to a friend when these ten minute scenes took place. Taranino is known for the energy in his films, and even though Kill Bill Vol. 2 (and also Jackie Brown) took on a more relaxed tone doesn't make them elegible for criticism such as yours evil D. And I quote: "I Those ten minute scenes where nothing happens? When was this? Perhaps I was reaching for the popcorn or saying something to a friend when these ten minute scenes took place. Taranino is known for the energy in his films, and even though Kill Bill Vol. 2 (and also Jackie Brown) took on a more relaxed tone doesn't make them elegible for criticism such as yours evil D. And I quote: "I gotta sit through 3 hours of paper-thin plot spread out over TWO films just to see a half-hour's worth of action? That sucks!" Perhaps you should go back to watching Commando. Collapse
  99. Mike
    Feb 14, 2005
    Kill Bill is on my top 10 list! Everything is so well thought and everything makes perfect sense. Characters have motives and the ending is a good one!
  100. JaysonB.
    Apr 8, 2005
    A good movie, but a disappointment after Kill Bill 1.

1. Kill Bill-Vol. 2 puts to shame doubts entertained about aesthetic strategies or structural imbalance provoked by "Kill Bill-Vol. 1." Now that the entirety of Quentin Tarantino's epic revenge melodrama is on view, "Kill Bill" emerges as a brilliant, invigorating work, one to muse over for years to come.
    You'll thrill to the action, savor the tasty dialogue and laugh like bloody hell.
  3. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Originally conceived as one film, the two-parter that has finally emerged can now be seen as a truly epic work.