7.8

1. chw
    Aug 16, 2014
    Not as good as the first volume, since this volume was incredibly slow but does pick up a bit, but it has a fantastic conclusion at the end of the movie.
  2. May 30, 2014
    Another good film by QT I think that a lot of his stuff is overrated but not this one I really enjoyed this one. It is not as gory as the first but it is better. There are some really cool fight scenes and a great story and dialogue typical in most QT movies. The acting in this movie is great as they make all of the characters really mysterious which I thoroughly enjoyed. Definitely check this one and the firs one out. Expand
  3. May 8, 2014
    Certainly less action-packed than the first one, Part II of this film returns many of the elements that made the first film a success, namely Uma Thurman being a total badass and then the dark comedy that is a trademark in all Tarantino films. In addition, the omages to samurai and spaghetti westerns is perfectly done (and is almost done comedically too). In addition, this film does a better job than the first at providing depth to the characters and figuring out events that we simply saw glimpses of in Volume 1. The acting is also really good, especially Thurman and David Carradine. Michael Madsen also turned in a solid supporting role. However, the best thing this film provides is entertainment. Like its predecessor, this one is endlessly entertaining.

In terms of the script, it is admittedly incredibly cheesy. At times, I caught myself thinking, "Really? They put that in?", but as it is undoubtedly intentionally bad, it is not really a major knock against this one. Also, my more major knock is the ending. It is very...unsatisfying and anticlimactic. We're waiting for this moment the whole time and then...ok? I just wish that the ending was more of what the film was seemingly leading up to, rather than a detour from that script.
  4. Apr 29, 2014
    Kill Bill Vol. 2 delivers a slightly less of a punch than Vol. 1, but it goes more in depth about the story aspect, and less on the Bride slicing the limbs off The Crazy 88.
  5. Jan 6, 2014
    O filme simplesmente um máximo
  6. Dec 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When looking at Kill Bill: Volume 1, you look for a fun action movie, a stylistic revenge flick. You get that in Volume 2 as well, but the dramatic leanings of the film are much more evident. To take Volume 2 asa great movie is something that is easier to do than Volume 1, and it works. The highlight of the film, by a wide margin, was the finale scenes with Beatrix and Bill talking, their short battle, and coming to terms with Bill's death. David Carradine's acting was superb, and I fail to see how he was not nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor the year this film was released. A great movie, plain and simple. Expand
  7. Dec 12, 2013
    Not as full on as the first- with less action and more talking- but the style and delivery is perfect in adding substance to the story and concluding it well.
  8. Aug 31, 2013
    meskipun dengan action yang kurang dari film sebelumnya, namun kekurangan itu berhasil ditambal dengan cerita yang menarik dan dialog2 yang baik, uma thurman tamah mengkilap di film ini namun dua jempol patut disematkan pda David Carradine as Bill auranya dalam film itu sungguh powerful banget
  9. Aug 17, 2013
    Kill Bill volume 2 is almost a completely different film to the first. Where volume 1 is purely action-driven with a lot of uncensored blood & gore, this one is the opposite. The first volume had some excellent scenes and fantastic direction, but lacked depth in its story. Volume 2 provides this backing, and does it in an immersive way. Every moment feels like it was expertly directed and put together. There is perhaps only one or two moments of actual violence in this film, the rest is purely story and character driven. However, the beauty of it is that there's not a single minute where you're bored and wishing for more of the brutal combat shown in volume 1. There are a lot of subtle but powerful messages in this film, and in my opinion more than make up for the lack of action. The fact that all the action is in volume 1 and the story in volume 2 actually makes the film more unique in my opinion, rather than having a generic mix of the two. I think this film is passable stand-alone, but you need to have seen volume 1 to appreciate it more and understand why there isn't much action in it. Overall, a must-see if you have watched Kill Bill Volume 1 and want to know more about the story. Expand
  10. Jun 26, 2013
    The Bride continues to seek her vengeance by searching the man responsible of the grace shot she received. It is the perfect combination of gore, action and Tarantino touch in a single movie. (Considering Kill Bill vol.1 and vol. 2 as one film) It should be recognized as a MUST see at anytime given.
  11. May 7, 2013
    It's bigger, deadlier and much much better than Volume 1, which in itself was a fantastic film, but Kill Bill Volume 2 delivers a sucker punch in dramatic storytelling with wonderful homages to martial arts films of yesteryear, and this was mastered without there being as much action as the first.
    Right off the mark, we need to remember that this is a continuation, that these two films
    were supposed to be one, so to recap, The Bride (Uma Thurman) is on a revenge mission to hunt out those who betrayed her, former colleagues of the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad, led by Bill (Dennis Carradine).
    This time around we meet Budd (Michael Madsen) who is now living in a trashed out trailer and getting by as a bouncer, until The Bride shows up. We are also reintroduced to Elle Driver, the one-eyed assassin from the previous instalment, with a much bigger part to play this time around.
    Volume 2 confidently ties up all the loose ends of the first outing, the story is broader in scope to allow more of a human touch to the colourful proceedings, but still using past films to capture the true nature of the story.
    While not as violent as the original, there is much more dialogue in Volume 2, the fact that the whole 'saga' is in fact one film shows true balance to the story, The Bride at first is full of hatred and revenge, but now realises she has almost reached the end of the road, and this makes for much more interesting and intriguing scenes with The Bride and of course, Bill.
    Quentin Tarantino has now proved his ability to tell a compelling story through various body movements and the art of filmmaking and creating the perfect scene to capture that one defining moment, and that is where the cinematography exceeds in every level in this film.
    Uma Thurman delivers another driven performance as The Bride, and yes, her real name is revealed in the film. Her continuing motivation to capture the essence of a character is what makes her a suitable lead, something which will always leave a lasting effect. Dennis Carradine is typically charming yet deadly as Bill, his references to comic books and how superheroes reflect human nature is genius, and shows the powerful dialogue that Tarantino can create.
    The action scenes still do exist, while not is colourful, they are certainly memorable and beautiful to watch.
    my advice is to sit and watch these two films as a whole, and to receive a true masterclass in filmmaking and how to put across a simple story for everyone else to be interested in.
  12. Apr 7, 2013
    This film is less of a sequel and more a continuation of the Bride's story. This one contains more philosophy and a sense of urgency leading to the final confrontation with Bill. Tarantino has succeeded in creating a masterful story and will go down as one of my favorite sets of films.
  13. Mar 9, 2013
    It escapes from its silly setting and focuses on all plot. But even with one of the best performances of all time from Uma Thurman, Tarantino still can't escape from Kill Bills messy plot.
  14. Dec 14, 2012
    (NOTE: This review covers only Vol. 2 of the Kill Bill Saga. For Vol. 1, see my profile page. For a complete overall score on the entire Kill Bill saga, see after this review)
    Part 2 of this elaborate revenge, murder rampage concentrates more on the actual plot and less on the violence. Is that good thing? No, not at all. The violence and fighting sequences as well as the unique blend of
    Asian cinema homages and cinematography are what actually kept Vol. 1 above 5/10 for me. However, for Vol. 2, the homages and unique style of Vol. 1 is almost completely non-existent (no, the training segment with Pai Mei does not qualify to a homage as its cliche' as hell and has been done hundreds of times in modern films), the action sequences are reduces to a few disappointing minutes, the actual movie itself is set in some of the most bland locales (as opposed to exotic locations of Vol. 1), and the characters...you just dont care anymore. The new characters dont really bring much to the table and are all uninspiring to the point of mediocrity. You can almost feel that Thurman herself as a character is losing steam as opposed to her great portrayal in Vol.1. And finally, they decided to focus on the plot, the weakest aspect of the entire saga. Well, I guess they have to. Imagine Transformers with barely any cool fight sequences and have Shia Lebouf and Optimus Prime talk for most of the film. This is like Vol. 2 - instead of more violent sequences in the unique style and soundtrack as pinpointed by Vol. 1, Vol. 2 decided to just throw all that in the bin and opted for a more quiet and ultimately, more lacking concluding film which, while wraps up Kiddo's tale (the final 'boss fight' just feels disjointed and lacks tension), is at the end of the day, becomes a cliche' drama rather than an action thriller. Dont watch this on drunk nights like Vol. 1, instead just read the wikipedia plot section. You're not missing anything by not watching it. Throwing away the elements which made Part 1 fun, Vol. 2 of Kill Bill is a mediocre, disappointing conclusion that feel like a Samurai warrior who basically used up all his strength for the first half of the fight while for the second half, decides to use a gun instead to finish his opponent. OVERALL: With Vol. 1 and 2 taken into considerable, Kill Bill feels disjointed with dramatic shifts to pace that just feels unnatural. Decent fight sequences, coupled with unique film styles and homages to Asian cinema make the first half of the saga enjoyable if you're feeling a little bloodlustful wheras you may be disappointed at the ending and concluding hour where the pace slackens and action is thrown out the window. Kill Bill as a whole with Vol. 1 and 2 combined receives a 6/10. A decent, intriguing piece of cinema that will divide audiences and is ultimately an enjoyable thriller for those after something more raw and intimate. Expand
  15. Nov 24, 2012
    This movie wasn't as violent, and well written as its procedure, The acting is way more better, especially Thurman's performance.
  16. Sep 9, 2012
    Not so memorable as Kill Bill Vol. 1 for me, a bit touchy sometimes and naive at moments (e.g. the daughter's plot), thanks to Madsen and Carradine I found it really enjoyable. It's Tarantino ok, the references to westerns, noir, and kung-fu movies are cool, but a bit schematic and dull to some extent.
  17. Aug 10, 2012
    I feel as though Tarrantino's wasted his own and the actors talents. Unlike most of his movies the films talky scenes are boring and stupid. I loved the rest of his movies but Kill Bill vol 2 just sucks.
  18. Jun 12, 2012
    Kill Bill: Vol. 1 allowed Quentin Tarantino to show off his panache for crafting thrilling and stylish action. Vol. 2 allowed him to prove that he is also a master of character development and affecting drama. Uma Thurman once again impresses as The Bride, and this time her character is allowed to become a real human being driven by emotions beyond those connected to a desire for revenge. Michael Madsen also makes his mark as Budd, Bill's brother and another former assassin on The Bride's kill list, who is long past his best and quite understanding of her need to kill him and his former associates, proclaiming with a hint of remorse "That woman deserves her revenge, and we deserve to die". Fittingly, seeing as he's the titular character and primary antagonist of this two-part epic, the late David Carradine's Bill is utterly mesmerising. He completely embodies the enigma and contradictions of his character - a caring father and also a violent mercenary, a philosophical big-thinker but also heavily reliant on animalistic instinct, a stoic outward appearance but not above crude insults. He's a superb character creation of Tarantino's, and is easily one of the best, most terrifying, interesting and layered movie villains of all time. While the story is enthralling throughout, where the film reaches its true potential is with the final act. You'd be forgiven for expecting an extravagant final battle, blade-to-blade between The Bride and Bill, as that's what we've been lead to believe we've been building to. What Tarantino gives us instead is a taught, tense and sublimely written final conversation between the two characters. The result is a far more original, intelligent and satisfying conclusion to this incredible revenge saga. With the first volume of Kill Bill, Quentin Tarantino managed to make lowbrow filmmaking respectable; with Vol. 2, through accomplished direction, a brilliant cast and flawless craftsmanship, Tarantino elevates trash to high art. Expand
  19. Mar 31, 2012
    This movie took me by surprise because it was so different than the first one. However, that only made it better. This movie has such an impressive essence about it. Uma was very convincing and brilliant in this film. It is brutal and unsympathetic in its nature. Among one of the best films ever. A true masterpiece.
  20. Mar 30, 2012
    I feel the same way about Kill Bill Vol. 2 as i did the first. Again no big deal with solid acting and slightly better action scenes. The ending though is way overdone. Please just Kill Bill already.
  21. Mar 18, 2012
    Definently the better of the two films. Acting is a lot better, So is the action. It ended in a good way as well. Definently worth watching imo. I really liked it.
  22. Mar 3, 2012
    Highly overrated, ridiculously overlong, highly plagiarized yawner that makes little sense. Stale and action-free from start to finish. The first film was shoddy, but at least it was moderately ENTERTAINING! Tarantino at his absolute worst, unless you count his performance in From Dusk Til Dawn...
  23. Feb 23, 2012
    I like Tarantina's films! I like Uma Turman and this film is amazing! Love it ! It is me favourit film!
  24. Jan 5, 2012
    A lot better sequel then I expected. The story ended good and the acting was great as well. It was also a lot more interesting this time around as well. I enjoyed it a lot more then the first film.
  25. Nov 16, 2011
    I recently just watched both movies for the first time i have to by it self this movie is not much to talk about, but seeing vol.2 the movie was extremely better as a whole. This one by itself was really good and i really liked the ending of it all. I recommend especially anyone who is a fan of the old kung fu movies
  26. Nov 15, 2011
    Best than it's predecessor, this volume show us how creative Tarantino's mind can be. Showing the revenge of the Bride aka Beatrix Potter - Uma Thuman, in her best acting ever, even better than in Pulp Fiction- we get the blood we need, and even another great character, Elle Driver -Daryl Hannah, once again, great. Brilliant.
  27. Oct 7, 2011
    Amazing movie, director and actors. All the characters are interresting, the action scenes are awesome, and Taratino knows how to surprises the viewer. A reference.
  28. Sep 26, 2011
    Its rare that I give a film 10/10 or 5 stars but this film truly deserves it. It is the perfect culmination of the two films. The first film acted as a great origins film looking back on what brought The Bride to where she was when she started her quest for vengeance but it had its flaws (ultra violence only works in small quantities, just ask Total Recall). Kill Bill Vol 2 works with what the 1st volume had already established but rounded out the remaining targets as well as The Bride herself. The emulation of classic Kung Fu films further accentuated the characters and there admiration for the art. In the 1st volume that was something only touched on briefly and most characters suffered because they were not properly build with O-Ren Ishii being nothing more than a mob boss. Volume 2 shows Bill to be both a complex character with multiple urges and desires but also a extremely childish character who is incredibly impulsive. Yet again Tarrantino's script is so nuanced and detailed that every conversation comes off as real in a film that even embraces the cheese of vintage Kung Fu movies (fast zoom and all). Despite the fact that the film had a problem with momentum there was never a moment when I wasn't completely encapsulated in what was happening on screen with the Pai Mei scenes being extremely riviting despite serving very little purpose. The main draw however was understanding these characters, what drives them, why they need what they need. Daryl Hannah's Elle is one such character whose seething hatred of The Bride would seem like petty jealousy if you had only seen the 1st film but there is so much more to it and this film succeeds in every aspect of character. If there is anything wrong with this film it would be Budd's section (not that there is anything wrong with Michael Madsen) because there were scenes that just served no purpose at all, not even a little and yet were shoehorned in to give Madsen something to do. The finale of the film is both riveting and deeply emotional with everything that had been set up by the final moments of Volume 1 culminating beautifully and the final scene with The Bride (whose name is revealed) on the bathroom floor just describes how detailed this film really is. A masterpiece in every sense of the word. Also, who knew making sandwiches could be so captivating. Expand
  29. Sep 21, 2011
    Slightly cleaner and organized than its prequel, but nevertheless its a messy film.
  30. Jul 22, 2011
    Kill Bill... is cool. Really, really cool. It's Quentin Tarantino. He's cool. Really, really cool.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Kill Bill isn't supposed to be believable. It's supposed to be... cool, brilliant, and tastefully ridiculous. And that's exactly what Quentin Tarantino does best.
  31. Feb 13, 2011
    There seems to be some confusion in evilD's post. So that you don't get the wrong idea, Kill Bill was not made into two movies to maximize profits. The length of the movie if combined was longer then anticipated. The "over the topness" of the movie is purposeful, creating a homage of old Hong Kong martial arts films, Japanese Chanbara films, exploitation films and spaghetti westerns. Tarantino captures both visual and audial senses of the viewers with the amazing soundtrack to great camera work! Though some may say it had a shallow plot, it was the story of the bride that really held me down in my chair. I can proudly say Kill Bill Vol.1 and Kill Bill Vol.2 are my favourite movies. Expand
  32. Jan 5, 2011
    If, in 'Kill Bill Vol. 1', Quentin Tarantino made one of the best movies for people who love Japanese grindhouse, then in 'Vol. 2' he made one of the best movies for people who love movies. Tarantino has consistently been my favorite director and 'Kill Bill Vol. 2' is the greatest of all his films to date. This isn't a sequel to 'Vol. 1', as he didn't decide to split 'Kill Bill' up until just after he finished shooting, it's simply the second half. 'Vol. 1' is an excellent, excellent film, but no where in the range of this one. I grin ear-to-ear all the way through this movie. 'Vol. 2' is Quentin's most visually beautiful movie yet (and the magnificent opening chapter, shot in gleaming black-and-white, is resplendent to a degree that is profound, as is the great sequence at Pai Mei's ancient abode, shot in gloriously seventies-style over-saturated greens and glaring whites), and it's where his flair for spaghetti-Westerns comes out the most. As in all of Tarantino's films, the dialogue is an unadulterated joy. This is nearly his least violent (and actually also almost his least talkative) film yet, and I've read both the original script and David Carradine's 'The Kill Bill Diaries', about all he saw of the making of the movies, and it's clear that many of Quentin's best decisions had to do with diminishing or removing the action. In place of the more obvious strategy of showing us a detailed sequence of the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad gruesomely gunning down the people in the chapel, he decided no, pull back and let us just listen to a brief event from a distance, observing it in a kind of silhouette. And in place of Bill firing a warning shot at the Bride and holding her at gun-point while she walks towards a couch to seat herself, he decided Bill simply regards her casually, his pistol just visible at his waist, of which they are both aware. In the earlier idea, all suspense would have been spent with the warning shot. When Bill relates the tale of Pai Mei to the Bride, he decided it would be more effective to let us use our imaginations while listening to Bill's ponderous speech by the camp-fire in the dark than to play seventies Kung Fu footage of Pai Mei in action over the monologue. The first time I saw the movie, the first big thing that struck me was Budd. His is a great and tragic character, and Michael Madsen is a great actor, and his performance begins in a singularly perfect scene with Carradine which shows us his indifference to, and acceptance of, his approaching probable demise. And for a long stretch the Bride is forgotten, and we simply follow Budd into the lonely strip club he tends bar at, getting a taste of what his existence has become, of his disappointment and withdrawal from life (the scene where he argues with his boss Larry and finally relinquishes both his hat and his pride is worthy of applause). Every time I watch the scene of the Bride's sneak-attack on him, I am more amazed by how exquisitely constructed the whole sequence is. A long, meticulous build-up ending in unexpected truncation is a trade-mark of Quentin's, in action as well as dialogue. What Budd does with the Bride is endlessly fascinating to me in its brilliant, primeval simplicity. This is the stuff of great myths. In the last chapter the tone of the film changes from the grandiose, Tarantinian adventure of the first four chapters and settles into an intimate dialogue between the story's two central characters (and one other, for a time), in which Quentin subtly and expertly simmers the tension and danger that exists between these two supremely deadly assassins. This section of the film is in keeping with an other trade-mark of Quentin's, that of inserting elements of simplest, uttermost reality into an over-the-top, epic story. With Quentin's help, David Carradine produced a magnificent performance in this film, as a man who is possibly even more laid-back than Carradine was himself (and who delivers three great monologues), but who can be deeply, genuinely menacing. 'Kill Bill Vol. 2' is the most joyful, the most exciting, the most glorious celebration of the cinema I've ever seen. It is Tarantino's deepest and most emotionally powerful film by far (and the often over-looked sequence of the Bride slowly preparing herself before leaving a bed-room to face Bill is one of the very best in the film). It has both the best and second- best uses of music I've heard in a movie (if not more). The climax of the Bride's raggedly magnificent confrontation with her wicked rival Elle evokes in me the emotion of sheer love. And the scene of the Bride's triumph over the designs of Budd has become my central image of the cinema. This is a movie that bursts with human life, and with its director's signature passion and love of the movies. I can't tell you how many times I've put the D.V.D. in to look at a specific part, and then ended up watching the whole damn thing again. Expand
  33. Nov 17, 2010
    This along with the prequel to this are definitely the collab of the best movie ever made. I love to watch Vol. 1 and 2 as if it is just one big movie. I LOVE the fight scenes, the more unlocked tells of the other members of the squad and the story of the Bride before all things went south for her. LOVE THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!
  34. Oct 4, 2010
    Gory, unbelievably exciting and featuring fight sequences that will have you drooling on the edge of your seat, the concept is incredibly simple. 'KILL BILL'.
    Definitely up there with 'Pulp Fiction' and 'Inglourious Basterds' as Quentin Tarantino's best film to date, it is an old fashioned horror/comedy/drama that is just so entertaining!
  35. Sep 20, 2010
    Although Kill Bill: Vol. 1 is greater movie than Kill Bill: Vol. 2, Kill Bill: Vol.2 more concentrates on revealing the shocking moment and half-like epic story rather than Kung-fu fighting or stylistic action.
  36. Aug 23, 2010
    pretty much like the first film . your nostalgia will affect how much you like this film . its a little slower paced then the first but fills in the story gaps . i liked this movie about the same as the first . its entertaining but doesnt pull off the fun that sin city pulled off.
  37. Aug 16, 2010
    Quentin Tarantino is a HIGHLY overrated director. All his movies are over the top with no good storylines and stupid sequences with one liners. I really didn't like this movie that much. It was entertaining at times but there are lots of better martial art flicks. This movie doesn't deserve to be on imdb's top 250 and neither does the first. Quentin Tarantino is not a genius he's just a guy with a sick mind who shows it to everyone. People may call him artistic I say he's full of sh*t. Any artist could just take a canvas and randomly start painting crap that's completely orignal on it people may like it but I say a real artist takes time to work on the details and everything. Expand

1. Kill Bill-Vol. 2 puts to shame doubts entertained about aesthetic strategies or structural imbalance provoked by "Kill Bill-Vol. 1." Now that the entirety of Quentin Tarantino's epic revenge melodrama is on view, "Kill Bill" emerges as a brilliant, invigorating work, one to muse over for years to come.
    You'll thrill to the action, savor the tasty dialogue and laugh like bloody hell.
  3. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Originally conceived as one film, the two-parter that has finally emerged can now be seen as a truly epic work.