3.5

1. Oct 11, 2011
    Absurd it is...the new summer action-romance movie "Killers" is just plain terrible. The script is crap as well as the action sequences (Its like parodying those Bourne or Bond films). Aston Kutcher also performed terribly (His worst one yet). Most of all, the movie just doesn't know where to point its gun at; action or comedy? Don't watch it, noobs.
  2. Jan 12, 2013
    A comedy full of breathtaking action.
  3. ChadS
    Jun 7, 2010
    Ashton Kutcher plays a killer, but not the "Psycho Killer" that's promised in the trailer. Unwilling to put his screen image at risk, Kutcher doesn't kill with a gun, or knife, or even with his bare hands. The ex-"That 70s Show" star leaves the nail guns and chainsaws for Christian Bale to handle. Spencer is a nice psycho. The nicest psycho in Nice. The contract killer merely Ashton Kutcher plays a killer, but not the "Psycho Killer" that's promised in the trailer. Unwilling to put his screen image at risk, Kutcher doesn't kill with a gun, or knife, or even with his bare hands. The ex-"That 70s Show" star leaves the nail guns and chainsaws for Christian Bale to handle. Spencer is a nice psycho. The nicest psycho in Nice. The contract killer merely pushes a button, causing the helicopter he rigged with explosives to blow up. No arterial spray, not even a drop of the red stuff is spilled. Blood would remind the moviegoer that the American girl on vacation(played by Katherine Heigl) just had lunch with a sociopath. Modeled loosely after 007, the former star of "Grey's Anatomy"(and future Shelley Long), ends up looking like a Bond girl of a lesser god. Presuming that she's not a superlative lip reader, daddy's girl(daddy is played by Tom Selleck) should have heard the midair detonation of the chopper. Perhaps it's bad editing, the moviegoer thinks, since there's no reaction shot(on her, or anybody's part) to the earsplitting blast. "Killers" just proceeds on to the next scene. The editor, not the screenwriter, helps keep the secret of Spencer's nefarious trade from the unsuspecting tourist. For sure, bad editing confuses the moviegoer, back on American soil at the now-married couple's suburban home, where a near-death experience in their garage becomes a mystery, because it's unclear as to who's doing the shooting: the man in the kitchen(a knife-wielding man), or the woman at the front door(a woman, as it turns out, was the only neighbor not trying to kill the Aimes unit). So where does the itchy trigger finger come from? Personally speaking, the bullet-riddled attempt on Spencer's life is practically extra-diegetic, a transmogrifying assailment from the moviegoer who wants a simple shot/reverse shot for the sake of clarity. If my aim was true, the chemistry-free pair(Kutcher and Heigl are no Chris Franz and Tina Weymouth) would be stopped, dead in their tracks, from riffing on Quentin Tarantino's "Kill Bill: Vol. 2", in which a delicate domestic matter starts to encroach on the protagonist's wild, wild life. "Killers" has an edge all right, a dull one. "Killers" is no "Grosse Point Blank". John Cusack played a character that had the conviction of a cold-blooded killer. It's a trait that Spencer needs to make his transformation into a pillar of the community mean something. Expand
  4. ReelWorld
    Jun 5, 2010
    Can we finally be done with Ashton Kutcher and his utter lack of talent for acting? I hear the Razzies calling Ashton - best run back to your Mommy - I mean wife!
  5. HobartS.
    Jun 4, 2010
    Fun summer movie. I would like to have seen more of Tom Selleck.
  6. LaneC
    Jun 5, 2010
    A great job branching out for Ashton Kutcher in this film playing a 'intelligent' spy rather than his 'hair in eyes dumb as a dog' role.
  7. Chrisl.
    Jun 8, 2010
    There was good acting on the whole by lead actors. But the screenplay lacked depth and suprises. Its with an avoidable feeling one comes after watching it.
  8. JohnD
    Jun 11, 2010
    Terrible movie and lousy acting. Kutcher is just a joke. Totally not believable. Two very annoying people in the leads. Don't waste a cent on this stinker.
  9. IvanO
    Jun 13, 2010
    Ashton kutcher fails as an action star, the movie itself is really corny and moronic, the movie had its few funny moments and thats because of Rob riggle, nothing else is funny here.
  10. TheMoveCritic
    Jun 15, 2010
    If you don't expect Citizen Kane going in, the movie can be somewhat enjoyable.
  11. BrittonC
    Jun 4, 2010
    All the critics are hating on this movie and I don't understand why yes it is not a FILM with EMOTION and ACTING (sarcasm) it is an enjoyable movie that is well acted and perfectly enjoyable to those people who can let go and just be entertained.
  12. David
    Jun 4, 2010
    What movie were the critics expecting?
  13. AndrewR
    Jun 6, 2010
    Bad Movie, Bad, bad Movie. I didn't believe one second of this movie. That being said Cathrine O'Hara does her best to save her scenes and is very funny here. Kutcher, on the other hand should probably consider another profession.
  14. PeterJ.
    Jun 7, 2010
    I went out on a date with this girl last night and I asked her what she wanted to see. I was hoping she would have chosen anything but this one. Hell, I would have rather sat through Sex and the City 2. But she chose this one. It was one of the most horrible films I have seen in years. And I've seen some pretty bad movies. I gave it a two simply because the girl from Grey's I went out on a date with this girl last night and I asked her what she wanted to see. I was hoping she would have chosen anything but this one. Hell, I would have rather sat through Sex and the City 2. But she chose this one. It was one of the most horrible films I have seen in years. And I've seen some pretty bad movies. I gave it a two simply because the girl from Grey's Anatomy is hot. Expand
  15. KevinG
    Jun 25, 2010
    Ashton Kutcher sucks and he was the best thing about this film. Heigl should have never given up her day job; she can't act her way out of a paper bag.
  16. Sep 18, 2010
    I just watched it. It's really not that bad. It's a step up for Ashton "Douche Face" Kutcher's usual roles. It seems his acting has improved slightly over the years since Dude Where's My Car.

If you must watch it, watch it for what it is... a **** movie. There is no greater message, there is no expert writing or masterful soundtrack. No scene that invokes any kind of emotion. It's just a lame romantic comedy just like the 400 million other ones also in existence.

So, if you just want to watch a movie that you can forget later because it doesn't really matter anyways. This one is for you.
  17. Nov 9, 2010
    I honestly didn't know what to think of this when I was watching it. Parts of it I like and other parts made no sense and annoyed the hell out of me (like why no one could F'n kill the main characters??). The other thing I noticed is that it's very poorly scored, there's hardly any music throughout the film, and what little music there is sucks.
  18. Nov 19, 2010
    I love Katherine Heigl and Ashton Kutcher but this movie was just boring. The plot was not great but the cast was good. To be honest I just enjoyed watching Ashton Kutcher because he is just dreamy.
  19. Jul 21, 2011
    Because I accidentally gave it a 10...a 0 should average it out. And just to affirm, a rubbish film with terrible acting and no excessively fun moments.
  20. Jan 16, 2011
    Kutcher and Heigl have the on screen chemistry comparable to a Hannah Montana episode. Heigl plays a familar role for her in the unassuming curious unintelligent brunette. The "suave" Kutcher totally fails at attempting ot play a vicious killer. After the meandering plot scatters around looking for some substance or direction you are left wondering if this is a movie at all. Weak blandKutcher and Heigl have the on screen chemistry comparable to a Hannah Montana episode. Heigl plays a familar role for her in the unassuming curious unintelligent brunette. The "suave" Kutcher totally fails at attempting ot play a vicious killer. After the meandering plot scatters around looking for some substance or direction you are left wondering if this is a movie at all. Weak bland character development hits home like a game winning touchdown. Expand
  21. Oct 8, 2013
    Almost didn't watch this movie due to the horrible metascores but they are really unrepresentative. This tightly paced film was reminiscent of mr and mrs smith. It's got same levels of high octane action and amusing scenes. Aston is surprisingly good and Katherine is as lovely as ever. The South of France scenes are beautifully shot, although the roads are never that quiet. This was a funAlmost didn't watch this movie due to the horrible metascores but they are really unrepresentative. This tightly paced film was reminiscent of mr and mrs smith. It's got same levels of high octane action and amusing scenes. Aston is surprisingly good and Katherine is as lovely as ever. The South of France scenes are beautifully shot, although the roads are never that quiet. This was a fun action comedy nothing amazing, but decent enough, and certainly better than the above metascores imply. Expand
  22. May 29, 2011
    I was disappointed. I love the Katherine Heigl movies, but in the end I was like: "Okay, so it was just that?". I did not like the concept of this movie. Ashton Kutcher and Katherine Heigl had a good chemistry, but the plot is weak even the movie is cool.
  23. May 24, 2012
    The worst acting performance (in a movie) I've seen in my entire life. Kutcher is incredibly terrible in this one. His performance was the worst by an actor. The title does not fit to the whole (terribly bad) plot of the movie. One of the worst movies I've ever watched.................
  24. Jun 22, 2011
    I went in without any knowledge of the story or the horrible reviews, and I mostly liked it. It starts to get absurd about two thirds in, ultimately pushing from comedic to tedious, but there were enough enjoyable moments along the way that I think it deserved a better rating than the critics gave it. I think Krutcher does a creditable job, and that they give a believable performance asI went in without any knowledge of the story or the horrible reviews, and I mostly liked it. It starts to get absurd about two thirds in, ultimately pushing from comedic to tedious, but there were enough enjoyable moments along the way that I think it deserved a better rating than the critics gave it. I think Krutcher does a creditable job, and that they give a believable performance as a couple. This doesn't compare to Mr. Mrs. Smith, but for undemanding folks who really enjoyed that movie, I think this movie is worth a weeknight's rental. Expand
  25. Aug 24, 2012
    What an awful film. How could anyone have read this script and thought it would be good? I really dislike Heigl's acting (she tried her best to ruin Knocked Up) and with a poor script she stood no chance. Ashton Kutcher was below his normal standards too meaning this film was doomed. Also, the whole spy story film has been worn out and only the best can really succeed in this genre.
  26. Nov 7, 2012
    You're kidding right? Who the hell even thought up this mess?
  27. Dec 8, 2012
    Not very good, one of the worst films of 2010. What could have been a fun and charming action/comedy flick, Killers is nothing more than an awkward, careless, silly, and unbelievable film that fails miserably. Kutcher and Heigl are totally awkward, lacking chemistry, Tom Selleck and Catherine O'Hara are terribly annoying as the parents, and the entire supporting cast is strange. Skip!
  28. Dec 15, 2013
    Mindnumbingly boring and unfunny, "Killers" doesn't know what it wants to be, so it just throws a bunch of things that wouldn't necessarily work together onto the screen hoping movie audiences are too dumb to care.
  29. Jul 29, 2013
    So-so funny but stupid have a fun time bad ending felt like some how there might b an incest joke or to but i was just losing it from how campy and tired this movie made me.

1. The steady drip-drip-drip of nothings like this are killing us all.
    Everybody's cyber-pal Ashton Kutcher is perfect casting for Killers, since the screenplay is shallow as a Tweet and the movie appears to have been shot with a Nikon point-and-click camera he plugs on TV.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Nelson
    Bullets fly and jokes land with a thud in Killers, a deadly dull hubby's-a-hit man farce that alternately resembles a knockoff of 2005's "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" and a rehash of "Knight & Day" avant la lettre .