Killers

3.5

1. Oct 8, 2013
    Almost didn't watch this movie due to the horrible metascores but they are really unrepresentative. This tightly paced film was reminiscent of mr and mrs smith. It's got same levels of high octane action and amusing scenes. Aston is surprisingly good and Katherine is as lovely as ever. The South of France scenes are beautifully shot, although the roads are never that quiet. This was a funAlmost didn't watch this movie due to the horrible metascores but they are really unrepresentative. This tightly paced film was reminiscent of mr and mrs smith. It's got same levels of high octane action and amusing scenes. Aston is surprisingly good and Katherine is as lovely as ever. The South of France scenes are beautifully shot, although the roads are never that quiet. This was a fun action comedy nothing amazing, but decent enough, and certainly better than the above metascores imply. Expand
  2. Jun 22, 2011
    I went in without any knowledge of the story or the horrible reviews, and I mostly liked it. It starts to get absurd about two thirds in, ultimately pushing from comedic to tedious, but there were enough enjoyable moments along the way that I think it deserved a better rating than the critics gave it. I think Krutcher does a creditable job, and that they give a believable performance asI went in without any knowledge of the story or the horrible reviews, and I mostly liked it. It starts to get absurd about two thirds in, ultimately pushing from comedic to tedious, but there were enough enjoyable moments along the way that I think it deserved a better rating than the critics gave it. I think Krutcher does a creditable job, and that they give a believable performance as a couple. This doesn't compare to Mr. Mrs. Smith, but for undemanding folks who really enjoyed that movie, I think this movie is worth a weeknight's rental. Expand
  3. Nov 19, 2010
    I love Katherine Heigl and Ashton Kutcher but this movie was just boring. The plot was not great but the cast was good. To be honest I just enjoyed watching Ashton Kutcher because he is just dreamy.
  4. Nov 9, 2010
    I honestly didn't know what to think of this when I was watching it. Parts of it I like and other parts made no sense and annoyed the hell out of me (like why no one could F'n kill the main characters??). The other thing I noticed is that it's very poorly scored, there's hardly any music throughout the film, and what little music there is sucks.
  5. Sep 18, 2010
    I just watched it. It's really not that bad. It's a step up for Ashton "Douche Face" Kutcher's usual roles. It seems his acting has improved slightly over the years since Dude Where's My Car.

If you must watch it, watch it for what it is... a **** movie. There is no greater message, there is no expert writing or masterful soundtrack. No scene that invokes any kind of emotion. It's just a lame romantic comedy just like the 400 million other ones also in existence.

So, if you just want to watch a movie that you can forget later because it doesn't really matter anyways. This one is for you.
  6. TheMoveCritic
    Jun 15, 2010
    If you don't expect Citizen Kane going in, the movie can be somewhat enjoyable.
  7. Chrisl.
    Jun 8, 2010
    There was good acting on the whole by lead actors. But the screenplay lacked depth and suprises. Its with an avoidable feeling one comes after watching it.

1. The steady drip-drip-drip of nothings like this are killing us all.
    Everybody's cyber-pal Ashton Kutcher is perfect casting for Killers, since the screenplay is shallow as a Tweet and the movie appears to have been shot with a Nikon point-and-click camera he plugs on TV.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Nelson
    Bullets fly and jokes land with a thud in Killers, a deadly dull hubby's-a-hit man farce that alternately resembles a knockoff of 2005's "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" and a rehash of "Knight & Day" avant la lettre .