7.2

1. Aug 14, 2010
    King Kong is one of the most memorable and celebrated stories of all-time. This remake or "re-envisioned" version of the original King Kongs is stunning, heartful, and simply unforgettable. Peter Jackson creates a remarkable and haunting Skull Island. King Kong is arguably the greatest CGI character of all-time. Forget 'Avatar', this is CGI at its best. Kong has emotion, cuts, etc.King Kong is one of the most memorable and celebrated stories of all-time. This remake or "re-envisioned" version of the original King Kongs is stunning, heartful, and simply unforgettable. Peter Jackson creates a remarkable and haunting Skull Island. King Kong is arguably the greatest CGI character of all-time. Forget 'Avatar', this is CGI at its best. Kong has emotion, cuts, etc. You can practically believe he or any other creature of Skull Island are real, thanks to the superb visuals. Despite the huge runtime, Kong never falters and does justice to its source material-and then some. I truly believe that this version of Kong is the best ever released. Everything is damn-right perfect, and you can't help but cry at the end, even though you already know what is going to happen to Kong. This movie transcends all of its hype and truly engages us on all levels: visual, intellectual and emotional. A true masterpiece. Go see it-now. Expand
  2. Feb 14, 2013
    Peter Jackson has done it again. King Kong is majestic, beautifully executed and a stunning love story. The movie is simple, but so effective, just a tragic story that holds you emotionally and visually from beginning to end. King Kong proves that Jackson is one hell of a director.
  3. Aug 26, 2013
    A superb remake, and a thrilling adventure on its own terms, King Kong was one of 2005's most entertaining movies. It starts out slow, with a very 1930's vibe. I wouldn't consider the sections before the crew gets close to Skull Island great filmmaking exactly, but Jackson has made good choice not to rush the story. Once they get to the island it proves that it was well worth the halfA superb remake, and a thrilling adventure on its own terms, King Kong was one of 2005's most entertaining movies. It starts out slow, with a very 1930's vibe. I wouldn't consider the sections before the crew gets close to Skull Island great filmmaking exactly, but Jackson has made good choice not to rush the story. Once they get to the island it proves that it was well worth the half hour wait. Believable performances, for the most part incredible special effects, Jackson's expert direction, and real emotion make this a must own. Granted, when I first saw the previews years ago I was hoping for a more surreal and out there vision of the story, but what we got was more than good enough. Almost forgot to mention how great the movie's score was. (That means the background music.) Expand
  4. Mar 3, 2013
    This is probably the most anticipated movie of 2005. It was very entertaining and very unpredictable. Naomi Watts and Jack Black were fantastic for their roles. It's so entertaining that the 3 hours of it feels like 1 hour.
  5. Jul 29, 2011
    Jackson's King Kong With Best THE BEST Action Sequences And Great Music By James Newton Howard It's Not A Film But An Anthology Of True Love.Great Film

6. Oct 9, 2011
    It doesn't disappoint as a remake. Actually, Peter Jackson's vision of King Kong is more epic, passionate and unforgettable than the original.
  7. Apr 11, 2013
    Visually impressive, nostalgic and epic. Peter Jackson's King Kong is a beautiful and terrific remake that, though long, doesn't feel as long as it actually is and is filled with well choreographed sequences and heart-felt moments. Always a pleasure to watch.
  8. May 25, 2012
    King Kong has very jaw dropping brawls with Kong. The story is everything that King Kong is and should be. Its a great remake and a very memorable story.
  9. Nov 11, 2011
    Saw this movie once again after a long time, and i still love it. Though better CGI will come in future years the emotions portrayed by kong will never fail to enthrall. Its a true masterpiece and the best kong movie made up-to date, this will always be in my list of all time greatest movies.
  10. Nov 20, 2011
    I dont care what other people say. For me it is one of the best movies ever! The action and graphics are awesome! Its just so sad that King Kong has to die so tragicly... I cry everytime I see the ending.... And im boy but i dont care...
  11. Jan 22, 2014
    Kong resonates almost every genre in a turbulent movie ride of a lifetime. There is so much cinematic elements of range happening in every scene that can be occasionally an unusual mixture, but to embrace film and it's artistry all jammed into a 3 hour epic of our time is before you in another one of Peter Jackson's excellent work.
  12. Sep 20, 2013
    King Kong may not be as good as some of Peter Jackson's incredible works, but is still amazing. It requires patience to watch the whole movie, as it is very long, slow and progressive, but it's worth it if you sit through the whole thing. The camera-work is fantastic and captures moments brilliantly, and the music perfectly blends in with whichever scene/moment it is played in, especiallyKing Kong may not be as good as some of Peter Jackson's incredible works, but is still amazing. It requires patience to watch the whole movie, as it is very long, slow and progressive, but it's worth it if you sit through the whole thing. The camera-work is fantastic and captures moments brilliantly, and the music perfectly blends in with whichever scene/moment it is played in, especially when it is an emotional scene. This film isn't overly long and I don't understand why people complain about it's lengh, as it's a good thing that it's long, because it lets you think about whats happening and it lets you make the most of the moment; it's like a progressive rock song. The character building is superb and the acting is fantastic. The progressive feel to the film makes the finale all the more amazing, as the action, story and characters come together to make something spectacular, emotional and immensely gripping.

King Kong is a brilliant blend of action, adventure, and suspence. It is the film equivalent of a fantastic progressive rock song. So I give this film a 94/100!
  13. Mar 31, 2012
    First off, this is a 9.5 out of 10. Effects are spectacular. To king kong, to environments, to dinosaurs, to epic airplane battles, this movies have awesome visual effects. Score is good, Acting well done, and story is good. Probably long and pulled on but still good. Overall, great movie. A great blockbuster.
  14. Nov 8, 2012
    King Kong opens up quietly asking questions and provoking thoughts. It then entrances us by plucking us from our chairs and throwing us into a dazzling and breath-taking fantasy world created with some incredible special effects. To seal the deal, in its last hour, it grows close to our hearts and then floors us.
  15. Feb 3, 2013
    esta es una entretenida sofocante y excitante pelĂ­cula llena de actuaciones espectaculares y ni que decir de sus efectos esta es sin duda otra obra maestra de peter jackson
  16. Jul 31, 2014
    there are so many king Kong movies like example the one that started from 1933 But this one is so much better then the 1933 version. King Kong is stunning it has creativity, imagination and talent.When you see this for the 100th or a million times you can understand that there's so much love that a beast and a woman and thats the love that the story on itself. you cant just watch thisthere are so many king Kong movies like example the one that started from 1933 But this one is so much better then the 1933 version. King Kong is stunning it has creativity, imagination and talent.When you see this for the 100th or a million times you can understand that there's so much love that a beast and a woman and thats the love that the story on itself. you cant just watch this movie and skip the drama parts that watts love for the ape thats part of the passion and the story. You can understand that the love that a human and a animal thats part of kong's battle in the world. this movie would not be a huge hit if it wasn't for Peter Jackson even if he did not write the script it automatically it tells us he used his imagination in the screenplay or way it tells it adventure. Jackson its the new Steilberg he has a film makers eye with adventure, horror and its beautiful. Jackson has some movies that have a world of good imagination like the adventures of Titin. but there are some things wrong with his performance of directing like lord of the rings. Whats wrong with lord of the rings is its like a rush to the finish line. and we need to see it improve from Jackson thats the bad part of jackson that i dont like. kong is amazing movie. i hope theres king kong 2 Expand
  17. Apr 26, 2014
    Great cast,amazing acting and absolutely wonderful graphics.The movie is long but we don't see the time pass because the movie is so awesome.There is so many action scenes and the dinosaurs were realistic.I didn't like the original but this one wow!
  18. Dec 17, 2014
    It is the unexplained feeling of watching King Kong . It is epic , a film that merges all of the seventh art styles . In my opinion the best ever made so far.

1. Reviewed by: Devin Gordon
    A surprisingly tender, even heartbreaking, film. Like the original, it's a tragic tale of beauty and the beast.
  2. What a movie! This is how the medium seduced us originally.
  3. One of the wonders of the holiday season.