8.7

1. SherryS.
    Jul 10, 2008
    As a mother and teacher, I found this movie to be one of the best combinations of entertainment, education, character building and inspiration that I've seen. I was awed at the deep questions my 7 year old was asking about the depression, poverty, homelessness and honesty on the way home from the show. Wow! I didn't know she was ready to discuss these serious issues. As a mother and teacher, I found this movie to be one of the best combinations of entertainment, education, character building and inspiration that I've seen. I was awed at the deep questions my 7 year old was asking about the depression, poverty, homelessness and honesty on the way home from the show. Wow! I didn't know she was ready to discuss these serious issues. Congratulations to the director, writers and actors of Kitt Kittredge. This movie is sure to be a classic. I've read some of the negative reviews of this movie. It is unfortunate that some indivuduals just don't get it. Apparently they don't have experiences with children or grandparents. This movie is pure, heartwarming, and tells a story that people my age as well as children need to hear. Let's not forget the struggles that individuals who lived in this time period lived through. The theatre I sat in had just as many elderly couples as young girls. This movie had a different meaning for them than my girls no doubt. Let's face it, there aren't many movies that can positively touch the lives of people from ages 6 to 86. Definately a classic. Expand
  2. RebeccaM.
    Jul 31, 2008
    Great movie, adults and children, realistic to a point, no bad language, etc. great acting.
  3. RoseD
    Jul 19, 2008
    What a fun time! This movie was a great treat for parents, grandparents and kids. The story itself was honest and open, giving kids a great glimpse into the past. It was funny, sweet, touching and exciting - and our whole theater clapped at the end. This is no whacked out, imaginary fluff, this is actually storytelling. A perfect summer treat!
  4. JohnS.
    Jul 3, 2008
    I can't believe I'm the first 2 vote! This is a WONDERFUL movie! I laughed & cried. Please support this film!
  5. PamelaW.
    Oct 29, 2008
    Absolutely adorable, even for grown ups!
  6. ArtG
    Jul 9, 2008
    My wife and I exchanged a look early on that said "oh no this is going to be another political hit piece aimed at young skulls full of mush (e.g. Wall-E)", but happily we were wrong. I really liked the film although I must admit I actually took a cat nap somewhere in the middle. It watched like a book written for that age group reads. Not to diffucult to understand and a fairy tail like My wife and I exchanged a look early on that said "oh no this is going to be another political hit piece aimed at young skulls full of mush (e.g. Wall-E)", but happily we were wrong. I really liked the film although I must admit I actually took a cat nap somewhere in the middle. It watched like a book written for that age group reads. Not to diffucult to understand and a fairy tail like ending will leave the juvinile among us satisfied. Collapse
  7. KathrynC.
    Jul 11, 2008
    This is a great movie to take all children to for a really good history lesson and a wonderful time of sharing what the "good old days" used to be about. I had to explain the typewriter and the record player to my granddaughter. Wonderful movie. We are going again with more friends.

1. Offers solid, kid-friendly storytelling.
  2. Has its heart in the right place and its head shoved well down into a box of clichés.
  3. It's an unashamedly old-fashioned and richly visualized evocation of a time when values were key, trust in your neighbor complete, and a way of life that should be simple is made unfathomably complex because of economic hardship.