Knife Fight

6.5

1. Feb 19, 2013
    Though the acting isn't up to par, it's still better than most multi-million dollar movies you see in theaters these days. I watched this as being a fan of the band AFI (Davey Havok is Jimmy in this movie), and I can say that everyone did their part as good as they could. The story is really slow at the start (why it lost 2 points from perfection for me), I kind of started to daze off butThough the acting isn't up to par, it's still better than most multi-million dollar movies you see in theaters these days. I watched this as being a fan of the band AFI (Davey Havok is Jimmy in this movie), and I can say that everyone did their part as good as they could. The story is really slow at the start (why it lost 2 points from perfection for me), I kind of started to daze off but it gets a tad bit funny and the story picks up towards the end.
    Overall i'd recommend it.
  2. Feb 4, 2013
    I only watched this because of the cast (Saffron Burrows, Jamie Chung, Jennifer Morrison, Julie Bowen, yes, I am indeed male, lol) but I was thoroughly entertained with the humour in this (mild mannered) Political Satire. Now I'm from the UK and I got all the in jokes so why are the critics kicking this decent movies teeth in?

Anyhoo, the acting in this was great and watching the

Anyhoo, the acting in this was great and watching the political sidestepping and back biting was funny because although there was nothing truly original it was done brilliantly. Rob Lowe plays Paul, a political fixer and we follow him as he deals with some of his client's troubles which I found both interesting and very funny most of the time. Jamie Chung played the assistant really well and was probably better in this than anything I've seen her in like the truly awful 'Man With The Iron Fists'. One of her tasks is keeping an eye on the media for news and also when they do those political broadcasts that tell how sleazy the other guy is. Those things are amazing and in bad taste if you ask me but I'm a Brit so I don't see those things over here (yet).

This has a great cast and I actually knew most of them which is unusual for a low budget movie and everyone, without exception was great. I really liked the script and checking on IMDb I see it's written/directed by Bill Guttentag who I don't know and have never seen his work but I thought this was good. The cinematography was always interesting as were the characters so I was entertained from the very start. I honestly don't understand why this film isn't liked more but hey, each to their own.

Recommended

Score: 7/10

1. Reviewed by: Marc Mohan
    Jan 31, 2013
    It's a forgettable series of bullet points barely strung together by charismatic performances.
  2. Reviewed by: Frank Scheck
    Jan 28, 2013
    Aims to be a cutting-edge portrait of cutthroat political machinations. But it's a mostly toothless affair that, like so many of our current political figures, proves alienating.
  3. Reviewed by: Stephen Holden
    Jan 25, 2013
    The tone of Knife Fight is mean until the movie flips a switch and turns pious and mawkish as Paul tries to make amends for past sins. Whether playing it sleazy or noble, Mr. Lowe brings little emotional weight to his role.