6.7

1. Aug 24, 2014
    I'm waiting for when Seth Rogen will grow out of the stoner comedy phase of his career... I think he might actually be talented. For now, I just don't quite get it.
  2. Mar 3, 2012
    Oh joy... Seth Rogen playing yet another unappealing, pot-headed loser. What a huge leap for him. The worst blow to the audiences' collective intelligence comes in the joke of the third act when beautiful, clean-cut Katherine Heigl ends up falling for this offensive monkey-turd of a human being because the writers were too scared to do something bold. Completely fake bullcrap.
  3. Dec 9, 2011
    Far too long imo and it could have been a lot shorter. Also it wasnt that funny and actually a bit depressing at times. The acting was below average and I expected far better. It just wasnt that good, Very overrated.
  4. Feb 6, 2011
    This movie is a corny chick-flick. There's no dark humor in it at all. If that's what you're into, have a blast. If not, then try "Observe and Report," or "Pineapple Express."
  5. Jan 18, 2011
    I guess you need to enjoy stoner humor to find any Apatow film funny. I just don't enjoy his work, it seems that all he really cares about is glorifying drugs (yes pot is a drug don't kid yourself). The truth is the only laughs he can conjure up are based off of some baked character who laughs at anything someone says. Rogen has some talent but he needs to separate himself from anythingI guess you need to enjoy stoner humor to find any Apatow film funny. I just don't enjoy his work, it seems that all he really cares about is glorifying drugs (yes pot is a drug don't kid yourself). The truth is the only laughs he can conjure up are based off of some baked character who laughs at anything someone says. Rogen has some talent but he needs to separate himself from anything Apatow and focus in on some real comedy rather than his stoner roles. I am just not seeing peoples fascination with Apatow I have yet to see a movie of his that was quality and Knocked Up just continues the trend of unfunny writing that is just used to glorify pot. Expand

1. Knocked Up feels very NOW. The banter is bruisingly funny, the characters BRILLIANTLY childish, the portrait of our culture's narrowing gap between children and their elders hysterical--in all senses.
    Knocked Up could be one of the summer of 2007's sleeper hits. It certainly deserves the distinction.
    On the surface, Apatow's films are about sex--obsessively, exclusively, and exhaustively. (This one lasts more than two hours.) But that is a clever feint, for their true subject is age.