6.7

1. AdamH.
    Nov 10, 2007
    One of my favorite comedies of all time!!! Not quite as good as superbad, but it is so fun to watch a movie with characters that speak like real guys and real girls. Apatow is truly a genius for being able to present this style in such a hilarious movie.... 100% satisfied!!!
  2. CharlieW.
    May 31, 2007
    Funny as hell. Better than 40 year old.
  3. Robert
    Jun 2, 2007
    HAs cracked my greatest comedies of all time list...way up there...its passed 40 year old Virgin..Into Grandma's Boy territory..haha.
  4. AndrewG.
    Jun 2, 2007
    Easily one of the best movies I have ever seen.
  5. RonV.
    Jun 2, 2007
    Solid laughs. good flick.
  6. MattK.
    Jun 3, 2007
    The best movie i've seen all year.
  7. ColleenM.
    Jun 3, 2007
    This movie was Hysterical! The funniest movie I have seen in years. It has been a long time since there has been a comedy out where you are actually laughing outloud in the movie theater. I would recommend this movie to everyone!
  8. Jefframone
    Jun 3, 2007
    After "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" there was a huge margin for disappointment. Judd Apatow and Seth Rogan lived up to every positive expectation I had about what this movie should be. This movie is non-stop laughter and like "Virgin", just as sweet and endearing. But I think that the each time it careened toward the precipice of over-sentimentality it's juvenile stoner antics and sharply After "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" there was a huge margin for disappointment. Judd Apatow and Seth Rogan lived up to every positive expectation I had about what this movie should be. This movie is non-stop laughter and like "Virgin", just as sweet and endearing. But I think that the each time it careened toward the precipice of over-sentimentality it's juvenile stoner antics and sharply realistic male behaviors put the breaks on. In my opinion this film is a perfect balance of the two. My only negative criticism is that like "Virgin" it might be just slightly too long, but I'd be hard pressed to say what should be cut. This is nearly a perfect comedy. Expand
  9. AllisonR.
    Jun 6, 2007
    I thought "Knocked up" was hilarious. The whole thing just had a feel-good vibe to it, and just about every part of the movie kept me laughing!
  10. BobP.
    Jun 7, 2007
    Hilarious. Instantly vaults itself into my top 5 movies of all time. Hard to imagine a movie funnier than this ever being made.
  11. JakeS.
    Jun 8, 2007
    Balanced perfectly. Finally a chick flick that guys can appreciate.
  12. ZackP.
    Jan 9, 2008
    This movie is not a teen movie or a main stream comedy for me and it hurt close to home about the questions of love and the mistakes we take as we age.
  13. leeh.
    Oct 3, 2007
    A very funny, astute, intelligent, raunchy, and, adult comedy. it stands out like an oasis in a desert of childish, boorish attempts by other Hollywood efforts.
  14. JTerzino
    May 31, 2007
    Saw it at a free screening and it was freaking hilarious!!!!!!!! Going again tomorrow to give them my money.
  15. JasonDanahy
    Jun 10, 2007
    Great movie wouldn't have changed a thing. Perfect balance of heart and crude humor. Wife loved it just as much as I did.
  16. Jared
    Jun 10, 2007
    One of the funniest movies i've ever seen. Ranks up there with movies like Old School, 40 Year Old Virgin, Dodgeball and Wedding Crashers on my list.
  17. Kyle
    Jun 1, 2007
    This movie was much more than just a comedy
  18. KatieD.
    Excellent in every way.
  19. LeotisH.
    Tremendous. Off-the-charts.
  20. BCS
    Jun 1, 2007
    Amazing. Hilarious every minute but still sliding seamlessly through the plot, and having a good ratio of seriousness and funny...ness.
  21. BenL.
    Jun 13, 2007
    I laughed so hard my sides hurt. Apatow brings a refreshing burst of realism to comedy.
  22. AnonymousMC
    Jun 17, 2007
    This movie is hilarious - the whole way through I was laughing hysterically, and I'm the kind of girl who usually loves drama and romance. It was a dose of reality with a whole lot of comedy, and the whole theater was laughing throughout the movie! Definetly my new favorite movie!
  23. GregC.
    Jun 2, 2007
    This was an overall terrific movie that couldnt have been made any differnently. Judd Apatow did a great job directing this movie and one thing he does better than any other director is he trusts his actors enough to let them do some improvising. This was easily one of the funniest movies I have ever seen, and for those complaining about the sex jokes, vulgarity, and drug use in the This was an overall terrific movie that couldnt have been made any differnently. Judd Apatow did a great job directing this movie and one thing he does better than any other director is he trusts his actors enough to let them do some improvising. This was easily one of the funniest movies I have ever seen, and for those complaining about the sex jokes, vulgarity, and drug use in the movie, then dont go see it. You can infer from the title and the R rating that it is going to have it in their and if you have seen the 40 year old virgin, than that is another clue. This movie portrays real life relationships very well and how to oppsites can completely attract to eachother. Overall a terrific movie with realism, excilent commedy, good acting, and a TON of laughs!! Expand
  24. RobertH.
    Jun 2, 2007
    A very funny and raunchy film, but also honest and heartfelt.
    Jun 4, 2007
    I am 23, married, and about to start trying for a baby. This movie hit the nail on the head of this stage in life. It's a little preposterous, but so is life. And I am really grateful for how mature and sensible my husband is after seeing this movie.
  26. Brad
    Jun 6, 2007
    Great movie made me laugh so hard I cried and farted at the same time, which I thought to be as nearly impossible.
  27. AlexD.
    Jun 7, 2007
    I was surprised by how much I liked it. Easy going and cleverly written! Better than most films that try to succeed in the "great guilty pleasures" category!
  28. KatieN
    Jun 8, 2007
    This was definitely the best comedy of 2007 so far! I loved it and I would recommend it to anyone who wants a good laugh.
  29. SteveK
    Jul 10, 2007
    I can't believe how low the ratings are from other viewers. This is by far the best comedy of the year thus far. Though the movie was filled with some "teen" humor, it was refreshing to have an adult theme. These things happen and in crazy circumstances, incredible results can occur. I highly recommend this flick, though I suspect some teens will find it boring after the opening half hour.
  30. JamesM.
    Jul 1, 2007
    This film was hilarious. My wife and I went to see it, and I initially thought I was being dragged to see a chick flick. Boy was I surprised. The entire theater was laughing out loud hysterically throughout the entire film. Great surprise.
  31. vannie
    Jul 20, 2007
    Hahaha. funny as heck. what makes it so funny is that we all have friends that are dorky and we can relate to these guys. the only people who wouldn't find this funny are people who either ARE the dorks or have no friends at all.
  32. PaulF.
    Jul 3, 2007
    Knocked up was an absolute knock out. I have not seen a comedy this good since little miss sunshine. It is as lewd and dumb in its humor as Old School but has close to the depth of Little Miss Sunshine. The film mimicked the pot culture and what it is like to be on shrooms suspiciously accurate. Little details like why the pot heads they had a ninja sword and the possession of green Knocked up was an absolute knock out. I have not seen a comedy this good since little miss sunshine. It is as lewd and dumb in its humor as Old School but has close to the depth of Little Miss Sunshine. The film mimicked the pot culture and what it is like to be on shrooms suspiciously accurate. Little details like why the pot heads they had a ninja sword and the possession of green soccer ball where quite telling of their knowledge. Knocked Up had so many laughs that many might find over the top. But what rang true about this film is what we were laughing about stayed eerie close to real life. Maybe if you lead a sheltered life you might not get it but I remember being around and even being like some of these guys and gal. The stoner gal was perfect. I don't know who she was but she got stupid down to a science. Kudos for her acting job. As foreshadowed before not only did Knocked up have a gaggle of laughs true to life but the story actually went somewhere positive with the story. Somethings that dare I say could be a model for living in a modern world. I totally did not expect it but this movie seemed to value life something Hollywood does not always promote concerning pre-borns. And though the couple was far for perfect, coming many times just about crashing and burning in their relationship, they worked through the difficulties. I felt the message incredible positive in a more than entertaining cradle. Expand
  33. SimonM.
    Sep 3, 2007
    I had free tickets so maybe my review is colored by the fact that it didn't cost me a penny but this movie was suprisingly good. I went in worried (my sense of humor is some what low-brow/ stupid is funny) but the moment I saw a guy smoking a blunt with a fish bowl on his head I knew I was O.K. It wasn't as "senseless" as Anchorman (a great movie) but it still was just as good I had free tickets so maybe my review is colored by the fact that it didn't cost me a penny but this movie was suprisingly good. I went in worried (my sense of humor is some what low-brow/ stupid is funny) but the moment I saw a guy smoking a blunt with a fish bowl on his head I knew I was O.K. It wasn't as "senseless" as Anchorman (a great movie) but it still was just as good in it's own more "grown up" way. Expand
  34. MichelleS
    Mar 14, 2009
    I have read a few very bad reviews, and apparently they were watching a different movie because this one is freaking hilarious! I have seen it over and over again, and still laugh just as hard every time. Seth and Katherine are so funny together and I think they make a cute couple. Yes, there were some gross funny parts and stupid funny parts, but I personally think that makes a comedy I have read a few very bad reviews, and apparently they were watching a different movie because this one is freaking hilarious! I have seen it over and over again, and still laugh just as hard every time. Seth and Katherine are so funny together and I think they make a cute couple. Yes, there were some gross funny parts and stupid funny parts, but I personally think that makes a comedy really funny, a variety of types of jokes. If you haven't seen it, give it a chance. And to those of you who gave it a zero or one, you must not have a sense of humor at all...I understand if you didn't love it, but it deserves more than that. Expand
  35. BekahS.
    Oct 11, 2007
    it was pretty sweet, I liked it a lot
  36. MJ88
    Oct 23, 2007
    Amazing. Very, very funny. Pretty much PERFECT. (don't listen to the guys below me... they probably think The Comebacks and Epic Movie were hilarious.
  37. ChristopherD.
    Jun 1, 2007
    Not to be too presumptious, but I think this might be the funniest movie of the year. It is on par with Little Miss Sunshine and Borat, my favorite comedies from last year. The movie was consistently entertaining with some of the best characters in any comedy I've seen in a long time. Debbie Matenopoulos, who I guess is little more than a real life E! correspondent, plays herself in Not to be too presumptious, but I think this might be the funniest movie of the year. It is on par with Little Miss Sunshine and Borat, my favorite comedies from last year. The movie was consistently entertaining with some of the best characters in any comedy I've seen in a long time. Debbie Matenopoulos, who I guess is little more than a real life E! correspondent, plays herself in the movie and almost steals the show. Expand
  38. GeorgeHaddad
    Jun 1, 2007
    I am a 17-24 year-old male and I did love it.
  39. Jenna
    Jun 1, 2007
    Be sure not to offend Laura... She's impressionable:)
  40. KarenB.
    Jun 1, 2007
    This was easily one of the funniest movies I have ever seen! I can't remember the last time I laughed this hard... I need to see it again for all the lines i missed while laughing!
  41. DavidM.
    Jun 13, 2007
    It's disgusting that people gave this film a 1 or a 0 simply because of frequent F-bombs. If it bothers you that much, see why it's rated "R," and don't spend your money on it if "Language" is listed. This film is fantastic: the writing, acting, and characters are nearly perfect, catching real life and comedy at the same time. It's heartfelt, beautiful, and hysterical. It's disgusting that people gave this film a 1 or a 0 simply because of frequent F-bombs. If it bothers you that much, see why it's rated "R," and don't spend your money on it if "Language" is listed. This film is fantastic: the writing, acting, and characters are nearly perfect, catching real life and comedy at the same time. It's heartfelt, beautiful, and hysterical. Hollywood needs more films like this. Expand
  42. JohnS.
    Jun 13, 2007
    This movie was hilarious. I would advise the previous posters (i.e., those complaining about the movie's use of the "F" word) to watch a movie THAT ISN'T RATED R if they have such delicate sensibilities.
  43. tupacshakur
    Jun 14, 2007
    I don't understand how anyone could not like this movie. I guess it isn't realistic that the hot girl would go for Ben, but that doesn't take away from the fact that this movie is hilarious. Also, as a lot of other people have said, if you care about them using "The F Word" so much you need to stop being so mormon or go watch a Disney movie.
  44. AlecBousquet
    Jun 16, 2007
    wow the ppl who rated this movie bad was it saying the f-word 2 many times is a pussy... big deal some of the greatest movies ever said the 4 word a lot.. pulp fiction, departed, goodfellas, scarface.. this movie wasnt as great as them but damn it was screamingly funny. im glad i wnt 2 c this movie cuhs it was worth it.. and yea who gets offended by language in movies.. u hear it 1,000wow the ppl who rated this movie bad was it saying the f-word 2 many times is a pussy... big deal some of the greatest movies ever said the 4 word a lot.. pulp fiction, departed, goodfellas, scarface.. this movie wasnt as great as them but damn it was screamingly funny. im glad i wnt 2 c this movie cuhs it was worth it.. and yea who gets offended by language in movies.. u hear it 1,000 times a day in the real world u jus dont know u do cuhs ur not sitting in a theater listening 2 ppl say it... wow grow the hell up Expand
  45. S.B.
    Jun 18, 2007
    Even with the worst possible seats, sitting in the most uncomfortable position at the theater this film had me loving every minute of it.
  46. PhilipJ.
    Jun 2, 2007
    One of the best movies I've ever seen, and not just because I look like an arian version of Seth Rogen. I haven't been this impressed by a movie since the 40 Year Old Virgin. Me and my brother saw this movie with two girls who also loved it. Easily the best movie of the year so far. Hell, by far.
  47. JasonK
    Jun 2, 2007
    Absolutely hilarious, yet with a lot of emotion and unexpected depth. The critics aren't wrong with this movie. It was truly enjoyable.
  48. JulieS.
    Jun 2, 2007
    I loved it! I loved everyone in it! I loved the story! The bunch of guys reminded me of guys I knew in college! What fun! Go see it!
  49. Rex
    Jun 22, 2007
    3/4 of the movie I cried because I was laughing so hard. The other 1/4 was useless toilet humor for the 15-20 year old boys in the audience to see Katherine Heigl get dry humped by Seth Rogen. Still, one of the funniest movies I have seen in a long time. I would see it again and even buy the DVD. Cheers!
  50. JesseG.
    Jun 26, 2007
    Knocked Up is the best movie of 2007 so far and by the end of the year may prove to be the best movie of 2007 period. I know that there have been some really good films this year so if you want to argue against me, I hope you can at least concede that it has been the best movie so far of a summer filled with big budget low quality sequels. I love Steve Carell but he really should have Knocked Up is the best movie of 2007 so far and by the end of the year may prove to be the best movie of 2007 period. I know that there have been some really good films this year so if you want to argue against me, I hope you can at least concede that it has been the best movie so far of a summer filled with big budget low quality sequels. I love Steve Carell but he really should have chosen the smaller paycheck and worked with Judd Apatow and family instead of doing Evan Almighty. Getting back to Knocked Up the film is labeled as a comedy, which it is. The film is practically non stop laugh out loud funny and to label it solely as crude gross out humor is to label oneself as an idiot. Whether you're a college student or parent the film has something for everyone.The film definitely has crude moments, the three money shots at the end may offend some, but they are all hilarious and none of them ever feel cheap. It is also packed with smart witty banter amongst friends that anyone can connect with. The banter may overall be funnier to younger audience members but with reference to John Lennon and Cat Stevens parents and older viewers can easily find things to laugh at. What makes this film better than just a summer comedy is that it has a heart. Looking back to past summer comedies that really made an impact you can look at Little Miss Sunshine and Apatow's own 40 Year Old Virgin. These films are great because the whole ride of the film is that the audience feels comfortable to laugh with and at each character because the laughs never seem to be truly mean spirited. When the guys are raging on Martin they are raging on him but it is instantly clear that the friends are real friends and really like each other. Knocked Up also has very strong female characters which are often missing from comedy. Both Heigel and Mann easily match wits with both Rogen and Rudd, and they in fact may have the funniest scene in the whole film when they are denied VIP access to the night club. Challenged by the Rudd Rogen scene in Vegas with the chairs and Rogen yelling at Cheaper by the Dozen. My only complaint with the film is that opinions amongst the friends aren't very diverse. I missed the Romany Malco character from Virgin. It would have been nice to see someone rip on Martin in a different vein then the rest of the guys. That fact may deduct a 1/2 of a point from Knocked Up. I loved this film and find it hard to believe that someone could hate the film so much to give it a zero. The film is smart, funny, and touching and it is always a real joy to watch. I hope in the near future someone can come up with cool brat pack type name to describe Apatow and his cast of regulars which includes his real family as well as people we have seen on beloved and short lived shows like Freaks and Geeks, Undeclared and The Ben Stiller Show. I can't think of anything other than The Apatow Family, it kind of sounds like Addams Family, but it isn't that good and probably not original to me. But if it is I from here on claim all right to that name. Expand
  51. Jaime
    Jun 26, 2007
    How would continuing with the pregnancy be an unlikely choice for a women. i really don't think anyone has the right to judge a movie on the choices that they personally wouldn't agree with. i thought this movie was hilarious and i find it funny that people are surprised by the crude nature of it all. what did you expect? a heartfelt romantic comedy? if you get so offended by a How would continuing with the pregnancy be an unlikely choice for a women. i really don't think anyone has the right to judge a movie on the choices that they personally wouldn't agree with. i thought this movie was hilarious and i find it funny that people are surprised by the crude nature of it all. what did you expect? a heartfelt romantic comedy? if you get so offended by a movie, just remember you made the choice to watch it. rated r and all. Collapse
  52. TateW.
    Jun 3, 2007
    This was a great movie and I will be buying it the first day it comes on video. The friends reminded me of my roommates in college. I laughed through the movie and the end was sweet enough to make my pregnant wife cry. We both had a great time.
  53. ChrisA.
    Jun 3, 2007
    Completely enjoyed this movie and laughed hysterically throughout. Typically I don't enjoy this genre on first viewing and have to watch them several times before warming up to them (e.g. Anchorman, Old School, 40 year old Virgin, etc). Usually it's due to the way they are a bunch of skits tied together. But, this one had me rolling right away. Smart writing, excellent delivery, Completely enjoyed this movie and laughed hysterically throughout. Typically I don't enjoy this genre on first viewing and have to watch them several times before warming up to them (e.g. Anchorman, Old School, 40 year old Virgin, etc). Usually it's due to the way they are a bunch of skits tied together. But, this one had me rolling right away. Smart writing, excellent delivery, spot-on timing. Good stuff. Expand
  54. DylanE.
    Jun 3, 2007
    I was on the floor with laughter. It isn't for everyone, but I'm sure you'll be laughing through out most of the film.
  55. BrandiJ.
    Jun 3, 2007
    I loved the movie! It was an excellent comedy but also had very real issues that everyone can relate to in some way. I saw it with my sister and am going to see it again with my husband because I think he will love it. Definitely was not too much of a chick flick like I originally thought it may be for him. I recommend this film greatly.
  56. Joe
    Jun 4, 2007
    I usually don't like movies that are in this genre, the pseudo-silly humor film. Knocked Up, however, was hilarious the whole way through, had some really insightful moments about relationships and what it means to be happy, and was in general just a fun film to watch. Anyone who didn't enjoy this moving must not have been watching.
  57. Dan
    Jun 4, 2007
    not only funny as all hell, but also tied in is a deep story with real life situations and realistic characters. there is only 1 type of people who will not like this movie. out of touch basement dwelling prudes hiding from the outside world while hating everything they know just for the sake of hating it!
  58. B
    Jun 6, 2007
    Made me laugh my ass off and has a great cast to go with it. Also for the most part the actors intertwine perfectly with one another.
  59. Noel
    Jun 8, 2007
    Funny and touching. If you've been following Apatow since Freaks and Geeks then you will have absolutely no problem loving this film as much as I did.
  60. chrisv.
    Jul 18, 2007
    One of the funniest movies i've seen in a long time. for the ones who hate it for it's language, hey people, the real world out there people actually talk like this. it's not your typical movie banter and these people can't adjust. great movie.
  61. GM
    Jul 23, 2007
    One of the best comedies in years. Extremely funny with great characters.
  62. TylerG.
    Aug 9, 2007
    Comedy done perfect, go see this or own the Unrated DVD in September, it's the best comedy I've seen in years.
  63. DaveC.
    Sep 23, 2007
    Absolutely fantastic, you old farts who can't appreciate this movie or are upset about the language should go back to your delusional lives with your false moral superiority.
  64. SeanP.
    Sep 24, 2007
    Oh no drugs are scary. You all sound like you grew up on 50s educational films. People smoke pot...Get over it. That doesnt make it a bad movie.
  65. MartyM.
    Sep 30, 2007
    One of the best movies I've seen in awhile. There were so many recognizable little moments in the film, so may things that felt real that you knew it was written by someone who was married, had kids and struggled trough all the complications and sacrifices that these things mean. To then make these moments funny was just icing on the cake.
  66. Leo
    May 23, 2008
    This movie was by far one of the funniest movies of all time. And Katherine Heigl is the new moddern day Jullia Roberts with better breast.
  67. Andrew
    Jan 12, 2009
    I laughed so hard!!! Hey Jimmy K. How can this be a ripoff of a book that was relapsed 6 months before? DO you know what the screenwriting, Filming and post production time is? And then distribution? At least 2 years from start to finish. The lady that claimed that often sues people with vaugly similar ideas. She is a crackpot and the case was immediately thrown out. So STFU.
  68. ChristianP.
    Jun 11, 2007
    I feel compelled to vote to help this film's rating rise above the criminally low 7.9 it has at this moment. This is easily the best movie I have seen in a very long time. The writing and the cast are truly brilliant. I don't think I've laughed harder in a movie theater, but the real draw of the film is the reality. This movie has so much heart. My wife cried multiple times I feel compelled to vote to help this film's rating rise above the criminally low 7.9 it has at this moment. This is easily the best movie I have seen in a very long time. The writing and the cast are truly brilliant. I don't think I've laughed harder in a movie theater, but the real draw of the film is the reality. This movie has so much heart. My wife cried multiple times -- and it's because the story is presented with such reality. The leading male role is not a good guy. He has many problems and is in no way ready to be a father. Had Apatow made the character more sympathetic, the movie would feel cheesey and fake. This movie shows truth and heart and for the record is leaps and bounds better than the 40 Year Old Virgin. I loved 40YOV, but it was very absurd and existed in an absurd world. This movie takes a completely different turn. Don't listen to the 0's and 1's. Go see for yourself what a wonderful movie this is. Expand
  69. NathanL.
    Jun 12, 2007
    This was freakin' hilarious, who cares if the f word was said a lot, i actually couldn't breathe through half of the movie it was so funny. if you care that much about profanity maybe next time you should go to a G movie, save yourself from having to leave your comfort shell, go watch shrek 3 or something. It has the whole theater cracking up, brilliant movie
  70. Tom
    Jun 26, 2007
    Absolutely hilarious. Watched this with my nine-month-pregnant wife and she was laughing as hard as I was (well, maybe not during the delivery scene as that hit a little close to home). Seems like the naysayers here are coming from the same point of view - the Christian Right. If you don't count yourself one of them, you'll love it. I'd bet most of the critics are coming Absolutely hilarious. Watched this with my nine-month-pregnant wife and she was laughing as hard as I was (well, maybe not during the delivery scene as that hit a little close to home). Seems like the naysayers here are coming from the same point of view - the Christian Right. If you don't count yourself one of them, you'll love it. I'd bet most of the critics are coming here via a right-wing website. Expand
  71. MalachaiT.
    Aug 25, 2007
    fantastically real and funny - best American comedy since 40 yr old virgin Atapow and Rogen are comic geniuses (is that a word).
  72. Jul 11, 2011
    Judd Apatow is creating a dynasty for comedy. This is easily one of the funniest movies to come out in the past ten years, only rivaled by Apatow's other films or productions. 2007 was a great year for going to the movies. It was also a great year for comedies.
  73. Mar 11, 2014
    judd apatow is like a guy knows your problems and tries to make a movie about life and makes it funny . but it takes to long . leslie mann was better in this is 40 then this one
  74. JayK
    Jun 4, 2007
    Extremely clever, genuine, and enjoyable movie. Very fulfilling. Similar in feel, quality, and style to 40-Year-Old-Virgin. It was also fun to see some of my "Freaks and Geeks" homeboys. I agree that the relationship between the main characters was a bit forced, but I didn't realize it at the time; I just loved every minute.
  75. Wei
    Jun 15, 2007
    This is probably going to be on one of those "Top 3 Comedies of 2007" lists anytime now. It's a brilliant movie and the characters are developed so well that even the absurd moments seem everyday logical. It's hilarious and dragged only a minute bit but eventually dragged itself back up from not very far down and headed right back into hilarity. And the language thing will be a This is probably going to be on one of those "Top 3 Comedies of 2007" lists anytime now. It's a brilliant movie and the characters are developed so well that even the absurd moments seem everyday logical. It's hilarious and dragged only a minute bit but eventually dragged itself back up from not very far down and headed right back into hilarity. And the language thing will be a problem if you are particularly offended by certain words and cannot ignore them out of some excruciatingly persistent morality row. Expand
  76. MichaelC.
    Jun 22, 2007
    As far as comedy goes this is a great one. Consistently making everyone in the room laugh. Movie can be crude at times. Katherine Heigl is trying really hard not to be a bitch and at times she is successful. Overall a very funny movie.
  77. ChrisD.
    Jun 8, 2007
    I'm giving this film a nine because despite a certain Hollywoodish ending it is fresh and rewrites the romantic comedy with a hell of a lot more honesty than I have yet to see. The beauty is that it does this like a good conman would, so that you feel good even after you know you've been ripped off a bit. The main cast is stellar. It's funny and celebrates life. I'm giving this film a nine because despite a certain Hollywoodish ending it is fresh and rewrites the romantic comedy with a hell of a lot more honesty than I have yet to see. The beauty is that it does this like a good conman would, so that you feel good even after you know you've been ripped off a bit. The main cast is stellar. It's funny and celebrates life. There's maybe a few holes but overall it's worth ten bucks now and twenty later when it comes out on dvd. Expand
  78. Brendan
    Jun 1, 2007
    Of course there's lots of foul language, sex jokes, and drug use. The title of the movie is "Knocked Up". Why anyone would complain that this film contains TOO MUCH of this stuff when it clearly states in the preview that this is a result of a DRUNKEN ONE-NIGHT STAND is beyond me. R rating plus title Knocked Up equals DUH! They talk about sex. What else did you expect?
  79. JeremyP.
    Jun 2, 2007
    Excellent film, couldn't stop laughing quite frequently.
  80. AllistairP.
    Jun 3, 2007
    First off, if you love F&G/Undeclared then the cast here should pull you in and you will enjoy this THAT much more. After the funny but not all that poignant Judd Apatow, it seemed almost certain that he would go further into the hollywood comedy field with Will Farrel staring in his next film. Yet, here we are with one of the most moving, honest, hilarious, and visionary (not in a First off, if you love F&G/Undeclared then the cast here should pull you in and you will enjoy this THAT much more. After the funny but not all that poignant Judd Apatow, it seemed almost certain that he would go further into the hollywood comedy field with Will Farrel staring in his next film. Yet, here we are with one of the most moving, honest, hilarious, and visionary (not in a pompous way, just as in "its a guy's vision") films of 2007 (in fact, the only one). The dialogue is so sweet and charming that it takes a real soaring talent to write and the actors are so damn good (we loved them in F&G for a reason!) Judd Apatow really has pulled off the impossible since F&G went off air, he encapsulated a decade for us that seemed to be nothing more than a hodge podge of clever references to past decades. He is this generations John Hughes or Kevin Smith. Hype could kill this movie, so I hope you actually didn't read this. Expand
  81. JeffS.
    Jun 3, 2007
    It's not often that I say this but anybody who didn't enjoy the movie would only do so because they have a large stick implanted between their buttocks. As a 23 year old on the verge of marriage and parenthood, the movie spoke to me in a way no movie has since I was 16 and saw Almost Famous. Fantastic writing and beautiful characterization.
  82. RobD.
    Jun 4, 2007
    This movie was fantastic. Funny, dry, heartfelt and a lot more cohesive than The 40-year-old Virgin." The only small quibble I had was with the set-up for the romance between Ben and Alison. Not well established, even though by the end of the movie I bought it...but at 2 hours I'm not sure how much more set up I would be willing to endure. Still, funny as all get out, no doubt.
  83. SarahB.
    Jun 4, 2007
    Really good movie. Although high on the raunchiness scale, not out of the realm of behavior I've seen from my husband's friends back at that age. Also covered situations very realistically, not the typical Hollywood treatment.
  84. AlisonG
    Jun 4, 2007
    If you "IMDB" this movie, you'll see that the cast are no strangers . . . they have starred together in productions as far back as Freaks and Geeks. You could tell that there was massive chemistry between the castmates because this movie was HILARIOUS. I haven't had sidepain during a movie EVER from laughing so hard . . . until now.
  85. JenniferK
    Jun 7, 2007
    Great movie. I was rolling around laughing my ass off practically the whole time. "Dude, there are 5 different types of chairs in this hotel.... WHY ARE THEY ALL HERE??" Haha definitely a must see. Anyone who doesn't see the humor in this movie is probably a stuck up christian, and probably also a virgin.
  86. ThismoviehitVeryClosetoHome
    May 23, 2008
    Okay I loved it. I'll admit it wasn't quite a masterpiece but very real. Some of the other comments on here actually make me really mad because it is very similar to my own life story about my husband and my daughter. So its a shame that SOME people on here obviously know nothing about love and family. Its not that unreal because I really lived it-and she doesn't give up Okay I loved it. I'll admit it wasn't quite a masterpiece but very real. Some of the other comments on here actually make me really mad because it is very similar to my own life story about my husband and my daughter. So its a shame that SOME people on here obviously know nothing about love and family. Its not that unreal because I really lived it-and she doesn't give up anything-remember-she still works at E!- very good movie and NOT THAT FAR FETCHED AFTERALL. (although I am from the midwest were people are a little less shallow than L.A.) And yah it wasnt a slapstick kind of movie-real life is funny, too! Expand
  87. JohnF.
    Aug 2, 2008
    Oh my god its so unbelievable! Jesus people its a movie, its not supposed to be believable and completely realistic. I thought this movie was absolutely hilarious, Ive watched it probably 10 times and it gets funnier every time. Lighten up.
  88. ilarik.
    Oct 2, 2007
    Down-to-earth, warm, humane and blunt, just the opposite of your average comedy, highly recommended.
  89. Erin
    Jun 15, 2007
    Ok I thought this was hilarious. like 40 year old virgin, but more relaxed/natural flow of humor. every line was funny... i was cramped up from laughing so hard. and for those who were bothered by people smokign pot (oh gee!) or dropping f bombs (gosh!), or having sex (oh my!), um thats why its rated R. get a life.
  90. KevinR.
    Jun 3, 2007
    A very funny comedy that reminds us how to make a very intense, life-changing experience into something more.
  91. JackR.
    Jun 3, 2007
    I rarely post on metacritic, but I had to comment on this film. Judd Apatow takes what are the most basic, shallow-minded formulatic hollowood plotlines and somehow infuses them with originality, freshness & emotional depth. The film is screamingly funny with great characters. It reminded of the film Sideways, in that extemely funny things happen on the surface, but it is also a deeply I rarely post on metacritic, but I had to comment on this film. Judd Apatow takes what are the most basic, shallow-minded formulatic hollowood plotlines and somehow infuses them with originality, freshness & emotional depth. The film is screamingly funny with great characters. It reminded of the film Sideways, in that extemely funny things happen on the surface, but it is also a deeply funny film with amusing insights into human nature. Judd Apatow is a true magician. A very impressive movie. Expand
  92. ZakF.
    Jun 3, 2007
    I laughed my ass off threw 90% of the movie, and so did the rest of the PACKED movie theater. Great plot, great B actors, great improv acting, and just outstanding directing. Great to see with friends, and I'll definitely be picking this one up on DVD.
  93. MikeM.
    Jun 3, 2007
    I've never laughed more consistently through a 2hr movie in my life. There were chuckles every 2 minutes and hysterical comedic nuggets through out the film. An awesome look into some of the ramifications the "hook up" culture of Generation X & Y has created for itself. Great comedy, great film. Older people (50+) might not "get it."
  94. RS.
    Jun 3, 2007
    All of the people giving this movie a low score need to lighten up. It was a romantic comedy that was not mean to have some deep plot. I thought it was funny and the actors did a great job. I wish more comedies could be this good. I was laughing out loud - even in places where I was embarresed to be laughing out loud.
  95. JustinG.
    Jun 3, 2007
    1, 1! Are you serious? There is a reason this movie is one of the best reviewed of the year. If anyone tells you it is bad do not trust anything this person says ever again. They are more then likely on meth and cannot under any circumstances be trusted for advice or child care. Best comedy in years and even better than 40 Year Old Virgin.
  96. AdamA.
    Jun 4, 2007
    Uneven and far from perfect, but far more comic gold than can possibly be counted, and all of it with heart. it wasn't quite as good as the hype, but when I compare to anything of remotely the same genre, there really isn't any comparison. avoid the hype machine, but absolutely positively go sit down and see this movie if it even remotely appeals to you. Highly recommended.
  97. IanC
    Jul 19, 2007
    At this point, I know personally tons of people who have gone to see this movie, and it's really turning into a kind of litmus test. What do I mean by that? Everyone who saw Knocked Up and didn't like it (or rather hated it with a passion -- there aren't many who don't feel very strongly one way or the other) very visibly share some character qualities: they're At this point, I know personally tons of people who have gone to see this movie, and it's really turning into a kind of litmus test. What do I mean by that? Everyone who saw Knocked Up and didn't like it (or rather hated it with a passion -- there aren't many who don't feel very strongly one way or the other) very visibly share some character qualities: they're pedantic, snobby, and ultra-conservative -- the kind of people who would typically like something a lot more if everyone else didn't like it first. If you don't want to waste your time reading the negative reviews, I'll sum up their complaints: one complains about the language (and, fair enough, if you really can't stand the "F" bomb, it's probably not for you); another complains that it is "pro life" (which is truly a ridiculous thing to say, as this issue is far from central to the movie) and that there are ultrasounds in it (sorry?); and another claims that Heigl's character "lusts after" Rogen's (which is completely not the case and really makes it sound like she didn't actually see it). If you pick apart every joke, they're not all 10s, but to call the humor in this movie "male junior high" level is to compare it to the crap in the back catalogs of Adam Sandler or Jimmy Fallon, and that's just absurd. The bottom line is that you should go see Knocked Up, not because every moment is flat-out hilarious, but because it's an engaging and cohesive American comedy that makes you feel like you've seen something thoroughly good by the end of it, and how often does that happen? Expand
  98. Ryencoke
    Jun 1, 2007
    This is probably going to be the funniest movie of the year. People who honestly didn't like this movie, have no sense of humor or can't handle swearing/crudeness. There isn't really any movie that make me laugh, and this one did.
  99. Imogene
    Jun 23, 2007
    Better than 40-Year Old Virgin. Hilarious. Our theatre did not stop laughing the whole way through. I fucking loved it. Enough to make me want to go home and smoke a bowl. And, by the way, this is how real people talk. I find it so strange what people in this country are offended by...
  100. Spongeee
    Jun 6, 2007
    Friggin Funny! Great one liners...not for the faint at heart.

1. Knocked Up feels very NOW. The banter is bruisingly funny, the characters BRILLIANTLY childish, the portrait of our culture's narrowing gap between children and their elders hysterical--in all senses.
    Knocked Up could be one of the summer of 2007's sleeper hits. It certainly deserves the distinction.
    On the surface, Apatow's films are about sex--obsessively, exclusively, and exhaustively. (This one lasts more than two hours.) But that is a clever feint, for their true subject is age.