Kramer vs. Kramer

8.6

1. Mar 24, 2016
    Plot/Summary
    A just divorced man must learn to care for his son on his own, and then must fight in court to keep custody of him
    Director(Robert Benton) Cast Dustin Hoffman(Ted Kramer) Meryl Steep(Johanna Kramer) Justin Henny(Billy Kramer) Jane Alexander(Margaret Philips) Howard Duff(Jhon Shaunessy) Jobeth Williams(Phyllis Bernard) My Review I hate you i hate you too you little
    Plot/Summary
    Jane Alexander(Margaret Philips)
    Howard Duff(Jhon Shaunessy)
    Jobeth Williams(Phyllis Bernard)
    My Review
    I hate you i hate you too you little ****
    Those are the words family should never say to each other. This movies Kramer vs Kramer tells the story about a divorced man who finally begins to have a bond with his child until he meets with his old wife and she wants her son back. As i heard the quotes i hate i hate you too you little **** that reminded me of the hard times i can have with my father yet we still love each other which means this motion picture gave me the real feeling of nostalgia about the bond between me and my father.Dustin Hoffman and Meryl Steep give the greatest performances in there career and it has nostalgia and reminds me of the bond between me and my father which is why i give Kramer vs Kramer a 5 out of 5.
  2. Aug 27, 2014
    Often painful to endure... but that's nearly the point: to become so emotionally heart-wrenched by these characters. The acting is superb... I mean, this is Meryl Streep's first Oscar after-all.
  3. Apr 5, 2012
    What a great movie is this! A classic...! It raises a real issue. Well, I am not sure how is that in America now; thankfully, here in Australia the laws are more sensible. Being a mother myself, I can totally relate with the story. Although I haven't faced a situation like that...the feelings of parenthood are there. This film is moving, and one can't help but experience empathy forWhat a great movie is this! A classic...! It raises a real issue. Well, I am not sure how is that in America now; thankfully, here in Australia the laws are more sensible. Being a mother myself, I can totally relate with the story. Although I haven't faced a situation like that...the feelings of parenthood are there. This film is moving, and one can't help but experience empathy for Hoffman's character. A beautiful movie! The best was the boy! Yet, to me, not quite a 10. Expand
  4. Mar 24, 2012
    The film strikes a chord because it so effectively captures the beauty of parenthood rather than giving us a lot of corny fakeness that most sentimental films such as this are abundant with.
  5. adityam
    Aug 24, 2009
    This, I say, is a very good movie. Hoffman and the Boy have given enough of them for us to be convinced of the Film's Premise. Meryl Streep is silently excellent.

1. Misogynistic claptrap about a divorced husband (Dustin Hoffman) fighting for the custody of and learning to cope with his little boy (Justin Henry) - a movie whose classy trimmings (including Nestor Almendros's cinematography) persuaded audiences to regard writer-director Robert Benton as a subtle art-house director.
    Kramer vs. Kramer is a movie of good performances, and it had to be, because the performances can't rest on conventional melodrama.
  3. Even when its emotions run a bit out of control, Kramer vs. Kramer is a strong and positive film. Its performances are first-rate, from Hoffman and streep down to Howard Duff (as a divorce lawyer) and a terrifically talented lad named Justin Henry, who visibly matures in his portrayal of Billy, the contested kid.