7.6

1. Jun 11, 2011
    This is one of the few sequels that are better then the original. '' Kung Fu Panda 2 '' delivered a touching, brilliant and good story. I like the fact that it gets serious about Po's origins (without spoiling anything). There was a lot of fighting (even a little bit to violent) and the kung fu was bad-ass. The way the Furious five and our Dragon warrior fought was spectacular. I wasThis is one of the few sequels that are better then the original. '' Kung Fu Panda 2 '' delivered a touching, brilliant and good story. I like the fact that it gets serious about Po's origins (without spoiling anything). There was a lot of fighting (even a little bit to violent) and the kung fu was bad-ass. The way the Furious five and our Dragon warrior fought was spectacular. I was looking forward to see if the villan (Shen) would be as much as evil and hardcore, since Tai Lung (in the first movie) was the perfect bad guy. Again, he was a bad-ass villan, even better than Tai Lung. Also, this movie delivers a great message. Not only the kids will love this movie, the adults to. It's the perfect family movie. Expand
  2. Nov 6, 2011
    ITs definitely not the best kids movie ever made, but its somewhere up there. I mean even for an adult its quite funny to watch with kids. It's debatable if first one is better, but i say they are both good.
    quite worth the time
  3. Dec 18, 2011
    Luckily Kung Fu Panda 2 had some emotional depth so it wouldn't be just an okay film it actually ends up being a huge improvement. It adds to that with some great animation and fantastic action and a whole lot of humor. I give this movie 93% of a good film.
  4. May 28, 2011
    best movie in current times. enjoyed a lot. neat narration and good direction. all together the best animated movie since 2 years. my vote for it 10/10. po rocks!!! all the best for the collections as it is going to be a blockbuster of the year
  5. May 27, 2011
    Awesome Movie!.Touching history,with great action pieces and visuals over the top!.
    I saw this movie in 3D, and for the first time, I definitely recommend it. I haven't had many good experiences with live action 3D, but animation is much better suited for it. Kung Fu Panda 2 is a thrill ride, and the 3D was crisp and well done.
  6. May 27, 2011
    These Movies sum up my notable and favorites. I think every reviewer should have this in their â
  7. Jun 2, 2011
    Hard ot believe - but better than the first one imo. Enjoy! The nemesis is much more interesting. The animation is better. The action sequences are great. I am going to see it again.
  8. Jul 5, 2011
    A very good movie, excellent use of 3d and traditional style animation for flashbacks. The humour was more frequent and on par with the original. There seemed to be more depth to the characters than before and this made the movie much better. It was good to hear more from the characters as well, in the first movie some of the characters hardly had much dialouge now this one has given themA very good movie, excellent use of 3d and traditional style animation for flashbacks. The humour was more frequent and on par with the original. There seemed to be more depth to the characters than before and this made the movie much better. It was good to hear more from the characters as well, in the first movie some of the characters hardly had much dialouge now this one has given them chance to speak out as it were.

I really hope that dreamworks decides to make one more sequel cos the first one was brilliant, the second has equealed it and a third to finish off would be fantastic. Jack black has really found a character that i love for a change
  9. Sep 5, 2011
    Well, it's been three months since I last saw this sequel in cinemas before I saw Pixar's Cars 2 (I'm one of the few people who liked that movie). Let's just say I enjoyed the predecessor that had groundbreaking animation, an amazing voice cast, spectacular action scenes, hilarious comedy, and Hans Zimmer's and John Powell's beautiful music score. So, I like when Dreamworks Animation makesWell, it's been three months since I last saw this sequel in cinemas before I saw Pixar's Cars 2 (I'm one of the few people who liked that movie). Let's just say I enjoyed the predecessor that had groundbreaking animation, an amazing voice cast, spectacular action scenes, hilarious comedy, and Hans Zimmer's and John Powell's beautiful music score. So, I like when Dreamworks Animation makes very successful that captures the magic of the original. That's why we get Kung Fu Panda 2, a satisfying sequel to an amazing movie even though it's not a masterpiece. It captures the magic of the first movie that makes it very entertaining to watch.

The voice acting was as amazing as the first movie's voice acting, the action scenes were intense as ever, the animation was lovely, and wouldn't you know it, and even the music score from Hans Zimmer and John Powell was emotional and epic. The story was actually darker than the first, but also emotional. The first reason was the Genocide theme. The second reason was an emotional scene where Po remembers his childhood and his parents by using Inner Peace, the kung fu technique. As for the rest of the story, I like the development of Po and Master Tigress's friendship. Tai Lung from the first movie was far more sinister and very frightening. In here, it was very hard to be terrified of a **** but the animators did their best to create an even more menacing villain as Lord Shen himself voiced by the magnificent Gary Oldman.

The only problem that I do have with this movie was the script. It was too predictable, but not as clunky as the predecessor's script.

Although, Kung Fu Panda 2 may not be a masterpiece, but it's an excellent follow up to a really great movie and it's worth checking out.

I'd be excited if Kung Fu Panda 3 is gonna start production because this franchise is about as good as the Shrek series.

10. May 30, 2011
    WOW. The original Kung Fu Panda is the one standout Dreamworks animated movie in my mind. This expands on the original in a grand fashion. This film is a lot darker than the original, and stands out because of it.. This movie is this franchise's Empire Strikes Back. I can not wait to see where they take Po in the next installment.
  11. Jun 8, 2011
    Everything about this movie was wonderful, Dreamworks has been kicking some serious butt lately (disregard Shrek 4) This film was funny, action packed, and touching. I haven't been this impressed by a sequel in quite some time. The Oscars should create a voice acting category just for Gary Oldman's performance in this film.
  12. Jun 6, 2014
    we all know that "Kung Fu Panda" was a smash hit once it came out in 2008. and how could it not be? it was a great movie, filled with amazing animation; fantastic fight choreography; lovable/memorable characters; hilarious comedy, all that together in a great movie with a perfect pace. so, normally when a movie's a smash hit, we all know it's sequel time. when i first about "Kung Fu Pandawe all know that "Kung Fu Panda" was a smash hit once it came out in 2008. and how could it not be? it was a great movie, filled with amazing animation; fantastic fight choreography; lovable/memorable characters; hilarious comedy, all that together in a great movie with a perfect pace. so, normally when a movie's a smash hit, we all know it's sequel time. when i first about "Kung Fu Panda 2" i was really excited. so i sat down, watched it and let me tell ya this: "Kung Fu Panda 2" is ever better than the first movie! it ups the jokes, it ups the characters, it ups the animation and it even ups the drama. i swear, some scenes in this movie actually made me and everybody in the cinema cry. whenever a sequel makes you cry, that's a really impressive step-up from the original. the story's not really fresh, but everything else was done perfectly! the characters are fantastic; the animation's even better; the comedy's hilarious; the drama's powerful and affecting; the voice acting's top notch; the script was smart and strong and this movie has Shen, a.k.a 1 of the greatest bad guys ever put in any movie! and Gary Oldman owned that role! overall, "Kung Fu Panda 2" tops and outdoes the original in every way. if you haven't seen it by now, then definitely see this movie. Expand
  13. May 28, 2011
    An absolutely spectacular sequel. Kung Fu Panda 2 improves on everything the first one accomplished. The animation is nothing short of amazing, and the action scenes are much more dazzling. Additionally, the film is downright funny, even more so than the first. All this is well and good, but I what I enjoyed most about this sequel was its emotional resonance. The film journeys down someAn absolutely spectacular sequel. Kung Fu Panda 2 improves on everything the first one accomplished. The animation is nothing short of amazing, and the action scenes are much more dazzling. Additionally, the film is downright funny, even more so than the first. All this is well and good, but I what I enjoyed most about this sequel was its emotional resonance. The film journeys down some dark places, and explores Po's mysterious origins. It handles it very maturely, and the story is much more involving than the first. This is further proof that Dreamworks is perfectly capable of competing with Pixar. Kung Fu Panda 2 is a hit. Expand
  14. Jun 24, 2011
    I loved the first Kung Fu Panda movie and loved this one too. It was funny but also serious at times too. I'm probably not in the intended demographic for the movie but I loved it all the same. A great one for the kids but also a film adults could quite possibly enjoy too.
  15. Jun 3, 2011
    I admit to being jaded with Hollywood's tendency to pump out sequels that amount to a pile of garbage for profit but was pleasantly surprised to find this a worthy follow up to the first Kung Fu Panda. My wife tends to be even more critical of movies than I and still called this one "fun to watch". We saw it in 3D and it made the action scenes even more entertaining. All the elementsI admit to being jaded with Hollywood's tendency to pump out sequels that amount to a pile of garbage for profit but was pleasantly surprised to find this a worthy follow up to the first Kung Fu Panda. My wife tends to be even more critical of movies than I and still called this one "fun to watch". We saw it in 3D and it made the action scenes even more entertaining. All the elements that you enjoyed in the first Kung Fu Panda are here again and put to a new engrossing story line. So sit back and enjoy the show. I know I did. Expand
  16. cfh
    Jun 15, 2011
    The movie was good. I think it was better than the first one. It was funny, full of action, and had Jack Black was perfect for it. It showed Po's childhood and the ending was realy good. I cant wait for Kung Fu 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  17. May 31, 2011
    i think this movie was AWESOME...I can't say which part is better but what really surprised me was that this one wasn't a flop....like most sequels are these days...WELL DONE
  18. Jun 2, 2011
    A+ for pandas.
    A+ for cute humor.

This movie really needs no introduction. I mean, the fact that it involves pandas automatically gives it an A+, then the plot, the cast, the fun adds to it. ;)
  19. May 31, 2011
    best movie in current times. enjoyed a lot. neat narration and good direction. all together the best animated movie since 2 years. my vote for it 9/10. po rocks!!! all the best for the collections as it is going to be a blockbuster of the year
  20. Jun 2, 2011
    Gags and antics aside, this is a film about self-actualization. It succeeds at being stand-alone and is fun, fast-paced and instantly enjoyable. Watch this with your daddy.
  21. May 30, 2011
    I was really surprised by this. Everything was very well done, from the humor to the beautiful animation. I just wanted to mention two highlights. One is the villain. The villain can make or break an action film, and here, the white **** Shen, is truly inspired. He is stylish, funny, and a thematic foil to the hero, Po. The other point is the emotional heart of the film between Po andI was really surprised by this. Everything was very well done, from the humor to the beautiful animation. I just wanted to mention two highlights. One is the villain. The villain can make or break an action film, and here, the white **** Shen, is truly inspired. He is stylish, funny, and a thematic foil to the hero, Po. The other point is the emotional heart of the film between Po and his father. Their scenes together walk the line between humor and heartbreak perfectly. Well done to Dreamworks. Expand
  22. May 31, 2011
    This was a great addition to the original Kung Fu Panda. Many questions to the first filmed are answered by this one! Also, more diverse and interesting characters were in this one, without rehashing old characters that aren't needed.
  23. May 31, 2011
    Really good follow-up to the first movie. Kids enjoyed this movie and great adult humor. Definitely will see again in theater...must own DVD once released!
  24. Jun 25, 2011
    Amazing movie! Everything about it was flawless. The only reason I give it a 9/10 is because it's the sequel to Kung Fu Panda, which was a 10. The movie's journey into the history of Po was brilliant, and there were so many laugh out loud moments. Overall, enjoyable cinematic for the whole family! Recommended for everyone.
  25. Jun 27, 2011
    It's a nice movie for fun, I don't recommend 3D cause it's not really 3D but in the end, 3D is sort of important(i guess). It's very fun and sort of touching, sends nice messages for everyone. The characters are sooooo cute and i'm looking forward to lovely doveys in Kung Fu Panda 3 :). You should go watch it, it is those "should watch but not super good or bad" movies. It's not boring,It's a nice movie for fun, I don't recommend 3D cause it's not really 3D but in the end, 3D is sort of important(i guess). It's very fun and sort of touching, sends nice messages for everyone. The characters are sooooo cute and i'm looking forward to lovely doveys in Kung Fu Panda 3 :). You should go watch it, it is those "should watch but not super good or bad" movies. It's not boring, but I took one mark off because it's... well... too normal. Expand
  26. Jun 28, 2011
    A movie that proves Dreamworks is catching up with Pixar. The Spectacular, artsy animation goes along perfectly with the Strong story. This shows Dreamworks at their best and is a must-see for fans of animation.
  27. Aug 1, 2011
    Kung Fu Panda 2 is an incredible film. It has a great story, the humour in this film is hilarious, the characters are very well done and the visual are great. My only problem with this film is its a bit familiar to the first Kung Fu Panda film. Adults and children will enjoy this film. I would give this film full price!
  28. Jul 2, 2011
    Hes back and hes done it again !! Sometimes i wonder how **** Po's character would have been if Jack Black never got the gig .. Kung Fu panda 2 definitely is one badass movie . The visuals are impressive and the aesthetics were well balanced . Apart from the dynamic entourage of the Furious Five, Gary Oldman's Shen charater kept the audience rofling . The story was well set and Po'sHes back and hes done it again !! Sometimes i wonder how **** Po's character would have been if Jack Black never got the gig .. Kung Fu panda 2 definitely is one badass movie . The visuals are impressive and the aesthetics were well balanced . Apart from the dynamic entourage of the Furious Five, Gary Oldman's Shen charater kept the audience rofling . The story was well set and Po's origins were cleverly built. Although the story had certain Rowling-style Self-fulfilling prophecy themes the adrenaline fueled action totally entertained the audience . Jack Black's one liners were legendary !!! Hope our favourite cuddly black and white warrior will return for yet another kickass movie next summer ... Expand
  29. Jul 16, 2011
    Kung-Fu Panda 2 is brilliant. Probably the best release I have seen this year, even better than X-Men First Class. Great theme throughout the movie which makes it great for kids aged 8 and above. This is a movie worth buying when it comes out. The better choice by a million miles out of Cars 2 and Kung Fu Panda 2.
  30. Sep 4, 2011
    Deze film was zo goed! We konden erom lachen en tranen laten! Gewoon zo mooi! Nog beter dan deel 1, echt super!! We kunnen niet wachten en hopen echt op een deel 3! We zijn 3 keer naar de bios geweest, en in 3D wat geweldig zeg!! Echt heel goed gedaan zeg! Maar waarom is er bijna geen speelgoed van kung fu panda? IK hoor zoveel kinderen die speelgoed willen van kung fu panda en noem maarDeze film was zo goed! We konden erom lachen en tranen laten! Gewoon zo mooi! Nog beter dan deel 1, echt super!! We kunnen niet wachten en hopen echt op een deel 3! We zijn 3 keer naar de bios geweest, en in 3D wat geweldig zeg!! Echt heel goed gedaan zeg! Maar waarom is er bijna geen speelgoed van kung fu panda? IK hoor zoveel kinderen die speelgoed willen van kung fu panda en noem maar op. Hoop echt dat dat er komt. Expand
  31. Sep 28, 2011
    Finally got around to seeing Kung Fu Panda 2. And I gotta say... this was a great experience. Quite amazing that they managed to create a second film at least equal to the first one, which was a sensational animated film. Not prepared to say it's better than its predecessor, because it's still new and fresh in my mind and there's some afterglow lingering about. The first film had a fewFinally got around to seeing Kung Fu Panda 2. And I gotta say... this was a great experience. Quite amazing that they managed to create a second film at least equal to the first one, which was a sensational animated film. Not prepared to say it's better than its predecessor, because it's still new and fresh in my mind and there's some afterglow lingering about. The first film had a few majestic shots that this one lacked, like that tranquil scene where Master Oogway ascends in a flurry of petals while Hans Zimmer and John Powell's powerful music swells. On the other hand, there are jaw dropping scenes in this one that you didn't find in the first entry. So yeah, all in all it feels about as good as the first.

The thing with these two Kung Fu Panda films that I am so damn thrilled about and which engenders great love for them is that they know how to come up with third act climaxes that actually do deliver. The third acts in these films have final showdowns/battles that are legitimately spectacular and you can sense that the film is at the height of its power, that these really are the animators working at their high point. With a lot of recent superhero films like Iron Man and Iron Man 2 and Thor... you don't really get that. You're usually left with somewhat disappointing climactic battles at the end, and this is a sin that the KFP films effortlessly avoid. When something begins to spin around and around in a white hot fury in the closing battle, your eyes pop open along with the main villain's in the film, as the significance of that image truly becomes clear. The artistry of Dreamworks is not just evident in its CGI animation, but in simple and effective composition of shots from 2D hand-drawn images that are placed in between the 3D animation.

The emotional depth of KFP2 is surprising for a kid's movie, and recalls much of Pixar's previous work in this area. Here, most of it is centered around Po's relationship with his adopted father Mr. Ping, and with his search for his true parents. Most people aren't at all familiar with the dynamics of adopted children and their foster parents, not having experienced anything like that themselves, but it's handled with touching grace and empathy and humor. You might never imagine a goose and a panda could comprise a family, but at the end of the film you'll have a hard time believing otherwise, the strength of the material and the performances makes it so. Po's memories of his actual parents are deeply affecting and become more so as the picture progresses, due to the aforementioned artistic vision of the creative team. At the beginning of the movie, Po's memories are rendered as 2D hand-drawn animation, with bold broad strokes which look simplistic and convey the distant and unnatural nature of his recollection. Later, when he finally makes his breakthrough and his mind is clear, these memories are transformed into the 3D animation of the rest of the film, with subtle detail and a realism that make the flashbacks incredibly heartbreaking to watch. This is first rate storytelling, and something that could have only been done in these animated films.

Now, having given all these accolades, I do have to say that the main villain of this film, Lord Shen, was not as good as Tai Lung was in the first film. I've been hearing a lot of praise for this character, but honestly, I don't really see why. He's this psychopathic **** who saw a prophecy that he would be defeated by something black and white, and decided to go cause, basically, a panda holocaust. Then he's shunned, and rightfully so, by his parents for said holocaust. So he's bitter and later returns to get revenge on... well, everyone in China, cause his parents are dead by this point. This is not a deep or complex antagonist here. Don't get me wrong, I think Gary Oldman gives a great voice acting performance as Shen, Oldman always does good work in whatever role he's given, so that's all fine. But just talking about the character itself, it's not anything to write home about. He seemed about as evil and one-dimensional as your average cardboard villain.
  32. Nov 13, 2011
    This is a sequel that is a lot better than the first. No other animated film has fit so much action into itself and still have a great story fit in. There is an even bigger lesson to be learned from Kung Fu Panda 2 compared to the original.
  33. Dec 4, 2011
    Such a wonderful sequel. Very hilarious, dramatic, tense and heart-warming. It is very touching, and for viewers, it should be very easy to relate to Po. However, I found it a little disappointing that Master Shifu does not appear quite often. The last scene in the movie hints that there may be a 3rd movie, making Kung Fu Panda a trilogy. If this is the case, I cannot wait to see it.
  34. Dec 18, 2011
    Honestly im really amusing with this movie,,
    The joke is fun and i cant stop laugh for a while the story is good and tell about the past po..
    Good movie for family..
  35. Dec 18, 2011
    "Kung Fu Panda 2" was very good. It deals with meaningful content of the search for self and inner potential building from the previous installment. It is strong in martial arts formula and does fulfill the requirement of meaning and actualization of power to surpass the first film without diminishing its potency. Not a Gigantic fan of the "Kung Fu Panda", however it seems to grow better"Kung Fu Panda 2" was very good. It deals with meaningful content of the search for self and inner potential building from the previous installment. It is strong in martial arts formula and does fulfill the requirement of meaning and actualization of power to surpass the first film without diminishing its potency. Not a Gigantic fan of the "Kung Fu Panda", however it seems to grow better and more enjoyable with time. This is the sign of a truly great film.

This story does not capture the attention span of my son of 5 years old at this time. He has never watched it for more than 15 minutes without looking for something else to do. If asked he will tell you that he likes it, however he does not watch it. The characters do have flaws and the writing in some places feels to be lost someplace between the world of the adult intelligence and that of the child it is primarily focused for. I don't imagine that many children can deeply connect with Po and would desire his action figure because of this. I really like the story personally as a 38 year old father. Age is very important in telling a review to me. Consider that we can both together watch "Avatar: The Last Air bender" the original series together and have now for 1 year strait the insight into what makes a world of fantasy work for both adults and children must be in it.

"Kung Fu Panda" gets a high score from me due to its consistency to its own formula. I do not compare films primarily against other films. I judge them by the standard that seems inherent to the film itself. I think about the artist creating the piece and the intentions behind the work. Did the creators live up to that and to what degree. I feel that the players in this franchise have a strong idea and pure intention and have delivered on the promise offered in advertisement. I feel it is a work that all involved can be proud of having produced.

This movie may get better as time goes on. It is better than the majority of all Disney's early films up to and including "The Lion King" which is Absolutely out of date and sickening to have to watch.
  36. Jan 7, 2013
    It's really the best movies i have ever senn. I think who give this movies a bad rating then he or she doesn't know anything about animation movies. .
  37. Big
    Aug 22, 2013
    Just one of the best CGI movies ever. Great characters heartworming story, and Gary Oldman as a bad ass Just go watch it if u never see it, and if u did go see it again. NOW!!!
  38. Nov 23, 2014
    Kung Fu Panda 2 es una película que supera a su entrega pasada, en donde hay más drama pero no se pierde la comedia que ofrecía el primer film de esta película de animación.
  39. Oct 14, 2014
    It's just as good as the original in every way, awesome fight scenes, and a really nice backstory for Po. At the same time the characters are all the same as they were before and keeps up the quality of the original.

1. Reviewed by: Angie Errigo
    Jun 3, 2011
    A richer plot, life lessons and loving Chinese cultural references rendered by turns sweet, scary and charming, with yet more fantastical kung fu, make this an engaging winner. Stunning visuals make it real art as well.
  2. Reviewed by: Glenn Heath Jr.
    May 30, 2011
    Exquisite looking but substantially hollow.
  3. Reviewed by: James Berardinelli
    May 28, 2011
    This is the most mature animated feature since "Rango."