7.6

1. Mar 6, 2014
    While it has some tone issues and the narrative could be a bit more tight I’m willing to overlook that. Often we get lame, half-assed sequels. However, this film despite its issues is a good sequel that may/probably surpasses the original. It raises the stakes, gives us a better villain, and an epic movie. This franchise has two good films and hopefully the third one does just that (the ending implies that there is going to be sequel). If you liked the first one and are concerned that the sequel will suck don’t worry it doesn’t and even if you don’t like it as much as the first its still a good and enjoyable movie. This is one of the most epic, cinematic, and engaging films to ever come out of Dreamworks. Expand
  2. Feb 5, 2014
    I think i enjoyed this more than the first part. The humor is at least as good. The visuals and animations are as dazzling as ever. The action sequences are pure awesomeness. The story is interesting and heartfelt in many parts.

I am very much looking forward to the third installment in this excellent franchise.
  3. Nov 29, 2013
    I love it when a movie has a sequel and the sequel isn't terrible. I was expecting a bad movie, but I was actually impressed. It had the same humor as the first one, plus an almost amazing story.
  4. Nov 12, 2013
    Though not as original or playful than the first, the sequel matches up with its wit, comedic action, and pitch perfect voicing. The animation is the same as the first, but still, interesting to see. Those who loved the first should absolutely watch this.
  5. Nov 3, 2013
    "Kung Fu Panda 2" is about the same as the original, if not, slightly better. The energy in this film is significantly higher than in the first. The animation, just like the first, is great with excellent CGI. If you loved the first, you won't be disappointed by this.
  6. Big
    Aug 22, 2013
    Just one of the best CGI movies ever. Great characters heartworming story, and Gary Oldman as a bad ass Just go watch it if u never see it, and if u did go see it again. NOW!!!
  7. Jul 5, 2013
    "Kung Fu Panda 2" can reach the heights of its original, but the problem remains, that the original wasn't that great. With its humor still reaching, and its action still great, the "Kung Fu Panda" movies can fail at reaching levels much more, and doesn't give much more than just an action packed kids movie. Sure, "Kung Fu Panda 2" tries to add more heart into it, but it somehow feels out of place with all the action, and doesn't give a deep sentimental purpose. Unlike films like "The Incredibles", Dreamwork's struggles to perfectly click these together. Overall, don't get me wrong, it is good, but just, nothing better than its good (not great) original. Expand
  8. May 31, 2013
    It's great sequel to the original by far! However, there are a few minor issues I had with the movie. The comedy was surprisingly not that funny at all, they felt like the same jokes from the first one, only less stupid than usual. Not only that, but it's VERY predictable. Just watching the beginning, I already knew what was going to happen next, even half-way through the movie I know already Po's going to beat this guy. Also, the movie felt short. Well, put those issues aside and you got a decent family film. Just wish they did more than this, and I don't mean by adding more comedy. Just put more focus on the plot, action, and more imagination. A simple story about the main character's past isn't really surprising to the audience 'cause it has already been done numerous times. Expand
  9. Jan 7, 2013
    It's really the best movies i have ever senn. I think who give this movies a bad rating then he or she doesn't know anything about animation movies. .
  10. Nov 17, 2012
    I can already feel your ire, dear reader, that I cast aside other film candy (GWTDT, Drive, The Help, War Horse) and instead give praise to a cartoon sequel. But I encourage you to withhold judgment until you see the film. Yes, the story may be a tad predictable, but such is the state of the modern kung-fu movie. And the delight of Kung-Fu Panda 2 (unlike its more cutesy,
  11. Mar 11, 2012
    This was a fun movie for kids and adults alike. Is is a great movie to watch with your kids. I think that there is something in it for the whole family.
  12. HMW
    Mar 9, 2012
    This movie was ok, it wasn't even close to be as good as the first, it was way too dark for me personally. Kung Fu Panda was so funny, This movie, I didn't laugh once. The most ridiculous thing was however, the **** as the villain, who ever came up with that has some issues...
  13. Feb 20, 2012
    Kung Fu Panda 2 is big, hearty and incredibly funny animation sequel. There's more at stake this time round with Po (Jack Black) and the Furious Five not only fighting to save China from the tyrannical Lord Shen (Gary Oldman), but we also delve into Po's mysterious past, and shed some light on why his father is a goose. The animation is still superb, and has clearly stepped up a level to deal with the more complex action set-pieces and a huge variety of beautifully rendered environments. Black seems to have found his ideal role in Po the panda, and the character remains endearing on his second outing. Angelina Jolie again impresses as the introverted Tigress, as does Hoffman's stoic Master Shifu (though his role is sadly reduced this time around). The all-star cast voicing the other members of the Furious Five (Jackie Chan, Lucy Liu, Seth Rogen and David Cross) thankfully have a little more to do than in the first film, Gary Oldman adds another great villain to his repertoire as resentful, power-hungry **** Lord Shen, and Michelle Yeoh has fun as an elderly goat soothsayer. James Hong is once again the best thing in the film as Po's dad Mr. Ping - his relationship with Po is tender and believable, and Hong manages to perfectly balance the elements of comedy and tragedy in his character. Though there's more scope for genuine drama in this film than in the first, it has lost a little of its charm in this second outing, and though it's only a couple of minutes longer than the first installment, it feels considerably more so as the plot does drag a little in places. While the exploration of Po's history is good for character development, it does at times cause the main story to lose momentum, a problem the first film, with it's much more linear plot, never suffered. I also feel the film's finale takes the whole "inner peace" message behind the story's martial arts elements a little too far, and the very final shot of the film is simply a narrative cop-out designed purely to set up a sequel. Even so. Kung Fu Panda 2 is a thoroughly respectable sequel that often equals and sometimes even surpasses the successes of its predecessor. It looks gorgeous, is fun and action-packed, with some good jokes and nice emotional kicks. Expand
  14. Jan 6, 2012
    Pretty much everything about this film is the same in quality as the first film. The action sequences (of which there are many) are very well made, the script is pretty funny and the voice acting is pretty good for the most part. The one gripe I have with the film is that the plot is maybe not quite up to the first film's plot. But it is funnier, prettier and more action orientated than the first, which probably makes it the best of the two (even though they are both pretty much the same). What I say to Dreamworks is please don't mess up the third film, learn from your mistakes with Shrek 3, keep the standard up! Expand
  15. Dec 26, 2011
    Strictly for the kids but if you are thinking about a film to see with your family, this may be it. It is wondrous to look at with suberb animation (what do they call this computer generated stuff any way? still CGI?). The story is old hat and has a long slow setup, which may cause the kids to fidget, but there is enough here to talk about after the film is over. Fight scenes look good, fast action, no blood or broken bones, and the good guys win, most of the time. Voice characterizations are exceptional for Mr Oldman, Mr Hoffman, and Mr Hong. Mr Black is his usual self. Overall a fun Saturday afternoon outing with the kids. Expand
  16. Dec 18, 2011
    "Kung Fu Panda 2" was very good. It deals with meaningful content of the search for self and inner potential building from the previous installment. It is strong in martial arts formula and does fulfill the requirement of meaning and actualization of power to surpass the first film without diminishing its potency. Not a Gigantic fan of the "Kung Fu Panda", however it seems to grow better and more enjoyable with time. This is the sign of a truly great film.

This story does not capture the attention span of my son of 5 years old at this time. He has never watched it for more than 15 minutes without looking for something else to do. If asked he will tell you that he likes it, however he does not watch it. The characters do have flaws and the writing in some places feels to be lost someplace between the world of the adult intelligence and that of the child it is primarily focused for. I don't imagine that many children can deeply connect with Po and would desire his action figure because of this. I really like the story personally as a 38 year old father. Age is very important in telling a review to me. Consider that we can both together watch "Avatar: The Last Air bender" the original series together and have now for 1 year strait the insight into what makes a world of fantasy work for both adults and children must be in it.

"Kung Fu Panda" gets a high score from me due to its consistency to its own formula. I do not compare films primarily against other films. I judge them by the standard that seems inherent to the film itself. I think about the artist creating the piece and the intentions behind the work. Did the creators live up to that and to what degree. I feel that the players in this franchise have a strong idea and pure intention and have delivered on the promise offered in advertisement. I feel it is a work that all involved can be proud of having produced.

This movie may get better as time goes on. It is better than the majority of all Disney's early films up to and including "The Lion King" which is Absolutely out of date and sickening to have to watch.
  17. Dec 18, 2011
    Luckily Kung Fu Panda 2 had some emotional depth so it wouldn't be just an okay film it actually ends up being a huge improvement. It adds to that with some great animation and fantastic action and a whole lot of humor. I give this movie 93% of a good film.
  18. Dec 18, 2011
    Honestly im really amusing with this movie,,
    The joke is fun and i cant stop laugh for a while the story is good and tell about the past po..
    Good movie for family..
  19. Dec 16, 2011
    Dreamwork never fails to produce. Kung Fu panda 2 can be said to be an extremely succesful movie given its brilliantly written storyline. Throughout the film, the story flowed well accompanied by stunning action. One disappointment though is that the film lacks enough good comedy as many are eiter childish or cold.
  20. Dec 4, 2011
    Such a wonderful sequel. Very hilarious, dramatic, tense and heart-warming. It is very touching, and for viewers, it should be very easy to relate to Po. However, I found it a little disappointing that Master Shifu does not appear quite often. The last scene in the movie hints that there may be a 3rd movie, making Kung Fu Panda a trilogy. If this is the case, I cannot wait to see it.
  21. Nov 13, 2011
    This is a sequel that is a lot better than the first. No other animated film has fit so much action into itself and still have a great story fit in. There is an even bigger lesson to be learned from Kung Fu Panda 2 compared to the original.
  22. Nov 6, 2011
    ITs definitely not the best kids movie ever made, but its somewhere up there. I mean even for an adult its quite funny to watch with kids. It's debatable if first one is better, but i say they are both good.
    quite worth the time
  23. Oct 23, 2011
    Not as good as the first film but it was really interesting . It wasn't funny like other Animation films . They put much focus on the emotional and action part . The emotional parts remind me the film UP which won Oscar . I still think Kung Fu Panda will win Oscar but the first one deserved more . One character i really missed was Grand Master Oogway . I know he was dead but He could appear in flash back scene with some of his awesome Advices . the action scene was awesome but i dont like the city (Gongmen City) . It was too darker which is not for animation films . They could make the city really beautiful and natural . I hope next time they will think about it and yeah! i would love to see more sequels and soon . Overall Kung Fu Panda 2 is a good animation film ....At least it was way better then Shrek's 2nd & 3rd sequel . Expand
  24. Oct 4, 2011
    Eh...There really isn't much to say about "Kung Fu Panda 2" compared to its prequel. I mean the action and comedies are great as well as the story, but everything sorta lacks of focus and consistency. Regardless of the cons, however, its still a great summer movie to watch with your kids.
  25. Sep 28, 2011
    Finally got around to seeing Kung Fu Panda 2. And I gotta say... this was a great experience. Quite amazing that they managed to create a second film at least equal to the first one, which was a sensational animated film. Not prepared to say it's better than its predecessor, because it's still new and fresh in my mind and there's some afterglow lingering about. The first film had a few majestic shots that this one lacked, like that tranquil scene where Master Oogway ascends in a flurry of petals while Hans Zimmer and John Powell's powerful music swells. On the other hand, there are jaw dropping scenes in this one that you didn't find in the first entry. So yeah, all in all it feels about as good as the first.

The thing with these two Kung Fu Panda films that I am so damn thrilled about and which engenders great love for them is that they know how to come up with third act climaxes that actually do deliver. The third acts in these films have final showdowns/battles that are legitimately spectacular and you can sense that the film is at the height of its power, that these really are the animators working at their high point. With a lot of recent superhero films like Iron Man and Iron Man 2 and Thor... you don't really get that. You're usually left with somewhat disappointing climactic battles at the end, and this is a sin that the KFP films effortlessly avoid. When something begins to spin around and around in a white hot fury in the closing battle, your eyes pop open along with the main villain's in the film, as the significance of that image truly becomes clear. The artistry of Dreamworks is not just evident in its CGI animation, but in simple and effective composition of shots from 2D hand-drawn images that are placed in between the 3D animation.

The emotional depth of KFP2 is surprising for a kid's movie, and recalls much of Pixar's previous work in this area. Here, most of it is centered around Po's relationship with his adopted father Mr. Ping, and with his search for his true parents. Most people aren't at all familiar with the dynamics of adopted children and their foster parents, not having experienced anything like that themselves, but it's handled with touching grace and empathy and humor. You might never imagine a goose and a panda could comprise a family, but at the end of the film you'll have a hard time believing otherwise, the strength of the material and the performances makes it so. Po's memories of his actual parents are deeply affecting and become more so as the picture progresses, due to the aforementioned artistic vision of the creative team. At the beginning of the movie, Po's memories are rendered as 2D hand-drawn animation, with bold broad strokes which look simplistic and convey the distant and unnatural nature of his recollection. Later, when he finally makes his breakthrough and his mind is clear, these memories are transformed into the 3D animation of the rest of the film, with subtle detail and a realism that make the flashbacks incredibly heartbreaking to watch. This is first rate storytelling, and something that could have only been done in these animated films.

Now, having given all these accolades, I do have to say that the main villain of this film, Lord Shen, was not as good as Tai Lung was in the first film. I've been hearing a lot of praise for this character, but honestly, I don't really see why. He's this psychopathic **** who saw a prophecy that he would be defeated by something black and white, and decided to go cause, basically, a panda holocaust. Then he's shunned, and rightfully so, by his parents for said holocaust. So he's bitter and later returns to get revenge on... well, everyone in China, cause his parents are dead by this point. This is not a deep or complex antagonist here. Don't get me wrong, I think Gary Oldman gives a great voice acting performance as Shen, Oldman always does good work in whatever role he's given, so that's all fine. But just talking about the character itself, it's not anything to write home about. He seemed about as evil and one-dimensional as your average cardboard villain.
  26. Sep 22, 2011
    Had lots of fun with the Panda and his posse this time around as well. It is funny, heartfelt and beautifully animated. Already waiting for the next installment :-)
  27. Sep 12, 2011
    Jack Black is back in the sequel to 2008's Kung Fu Panda, in Kung Fu Panda 2. KFP2 is considerably darker than the original in it's story, as Po finds out that he is adopted, and must defeat Lord Shen, the **** who killed his Panda parents and wishes to conquer China. KFP2 has all of the same characters from the original that survived, and the action scenes are still awesome.

KFP2 has
    some of the same problems of the original- like having famous actors who don't have notable voices doing voice acting for it for really no reason. Also, the jokes in it are almost the exact same jokes from the first, and I didn't laugh once throughout the whole film. Still, in 3-D the film looks awesome, and while the story may be by-the book cliche, it is pretty strong and interesting throughout. The improved technology allows the action to be much more awesome than in the first, and the brilliant fight scenes overshadow the poor comedy.

The writers have clearly, by the film's ending, readied for a third film, although I hope that does not happen, knowing the outcome of making a 3rd Shrek film (a lot of jokes from Shrek in here, too). I hope they keep it to 2.

KFP2 is a strong film, in my opinion better than any other animated film this year, but the comedy has definitely been downgraded in the sequel. Still, awesome action scenes keep Po's adventures awesome.
  28. Sep 9, 2011
    I got problem with the script. Not so awesome. Not so bad. Not so funny. Eye-catching animation. Pretty good score. Darker. The only animation lives on this movie is Lord Shen, thanks to great Gary Oldman.
  29. Sep 5, 2011
    Well, it's been three months since I last saw this sequel in cinemas before I saw Pixar's Cars 2 (I'm one of the few people who liked that movie). Let's just say I enjoyed the predecessor that had groundbreaking animation, an amazing voice cast, spectacular action scenes, hilarious comedy, and Hans Zimmer's and John Powell's beautiful music score. So, I like when Dreamworks Animation makes very successful that captures the magic of the original. That's why we get Kung Fu Panda 2, a satisfying sequel to an amazing movie even though it's not a masterpiece. It captures the magic of the first movie that makes it very entertaining to watch.

The voice acting was as amazing as the first movie's voice acting, the action scenes were intense as ever, the animation was lovely, and wouldn't you know it, and even the music score from Hans Zimmer and John Powell was emotional and epic. The story was actually darker than the first, but also emotional. The first reason was the Genocide theme. The second reason was an emotional scene where Po remembers his childhood and his parents by using Inner Peace, the kung fu technique. As for the rest of the story, I like the development of Po and Master Tigress's friendship. Tai Lung from the first movie was far more sinister and very frightening. In here, it was very hard to be terrified of a **** but the animators did their best to create an even more menacing villain as Lord Shen himself voiced by the magnificent Gary Oldman.

The only problem that I do have with this movie was the script. It was too predictable, but not as clunky as the predecessor's script.

Although, Kung Fu Panda 2 may not be a masterpiece, but it's an excellent follow up to a really great movie and it's worth checking out.

I'd be excited if Kung Fu Panda 3 is gonna start production because this franchise is about as good as the Shrek series.

30. Sep 4, 2011
    Deze film was zo goed! We konden erom lachen en tranen laten! Gewoon zo mooi! Nog beter dan deel 1, echt super!! We kunnen niet wachten en hopen echt op een deel 3! We zijn 3 keer naar de bios geweest, en in 3D wat geweldig zeg!! Echt heel goed gedaan zeg! Maar waarom is er bijna geen speelgoed van kung fu panda? IK hoor zoveel kinderen die speelgoed willen van kung fu panda en noem maar op. Hoop echt dat dat er komt. Expand
  31. Aug 1, 2011
    Kung Fu Panda 2 is an incredible film. It has a great story, the humour in this film is hilarious, the characters are very well done and the visual are great. My only problem with this film is its a bit familiar to the first Kung Fu Panda film. Adults and children will enjoy this film. I would give this film full price!
  32. Jul 16, 2011
    Kung-Fu Panda 2 is brilliant. Probably the best release I have seen this year, even better than X-Men First Class. Great theme throughout the movie which makes it great for kids aged 8 and above. This is a movie worth buying when it comes out. The better choice by a million miles out of Cars 2 and Kung Fu Panda 2.
  33. Jul 16, 2011
    Kung Fu Panda 2 is a good movie but I wouldn't call it better than the first. It has a lot more fighting and the story of Po gets more deep. All of this is positive but the movie has less funny moments, monments that grown ups can laugh too not only kids.
  34. Jul 13, 2011
    Pretty good movie. I was laughing the whole way through it. The animation and voice acting is of a high quality as well. This is one of the few movies that I can say that the sequel is better then the original. Its also one of the only Dreamwork's films that I didn't find stupid. One of the bad things was the storyline of Poh trying to find who his parents are. Although its not a deal breaker, it defiantly takes away from the whole experience. There are some very impressive fight visuals and if you see it in 3D. These look amazing. All in all its a pretty good movie. I suggest seeing it if your looking for a light hearted laugh. Expand
  35. Jul 10, 2011
    it's a fun, entertaining, feel good movie. not as great as classic pixar movies that pull at the heart strings, but i wouldn't hesitate to recommend watching this movie to others.
  36. Jul 5, 2011
    A very good movie, excellent use of 3d and traditional style animation for flashbacks. The humour was more frequent and on par with the original. There seemed to be more depth to the characters than before and this made the movie much better. It was good to hear more from the characters as well, in the first movie some of the characters hardly had much dialouge now this one has given them chance to speak out as it were.

I really hope that dreamworks decides to make one more sequel cos the first one was brilliant, the second has equealed it and a third to finish off would be fantastic. Jack black has really found a character that i love for a change
  37. Jul 4, 2011
    Only half as much fun as the first one - dont expect anything like the humour in KFP1. So many of the characters barely have any dialogue in it, just a lot of fight scenes
  38. Jul 2, 2011
    Hes back and hes done it again !! Sometimes i wonder how **** Po's character would have been if Jack Black never got the gig .. Kung Fu panda 2 definitely is one badass movie . The visuals are impressive and the aesthetics were well balanced . Apart from the dynamic entourage of the Furious Five, Gary Oldman's Shen charater kept the audience rofling . The story was well set and Po's origins were cleverly built. Although the story had certain Rowling-style Self-fulfilling prophecy themes the adrenaline fueled action totally entertained the audience . Jack Black's one liners were legendary !!! Hope our favourite cuddly black and white warrior will return for yet another kickass movie next summer ... Expand
  39. Jun 28, 2011
    A movie that proves Dreamworks is catching up with Pixar. The Spectacular, artsy animation goes along perfectly with the Strong story. This shows Dreamworks at their best and is a must-see for fans of animation.
  40. Jun 28, 2011
    To my surprise. I actually enjoyed watching the Jack Black Panda for the second time. The story could have been executed better but other than that, the movie was enjoyable. Good story, lots of kungfu fighting and hilarious moments is what Kung fu panda is all about. I recommend watching it with or without kids. 9/10
  41. Jun 27, 2011
    It's a nice movie for fun, I don't recommend 3D cause it's not really 3D but in the end, 3D is sort of important(i guess). It's very fun and sort of touching, sends nice messages for everyone. The characters are sooooo cute and i'm looking forward to lovely doveys in Kung Fu Panda 3 :). You should go watch it, it is those "should watch but not super good or bad" movies. It's not boring, but I took one mark off because it's... well... too normal. Expand
  42. Jun 25, 2011
    Amazing movie! Everything about it was flawless. The only reason I give it a 9/10 is because it's the sequel to Kung Fu Panda, which was a 10. The movie's journey into the history of Po was brilliant, and there were so many laugh out loud moments. Overall, enjoyable cinematic for the whole family! Recommended for everyone.
  43. Jun 24, 2011
    I loved the first Kung Fu Panda movie and loved this one too. It was funny but also serious at times too. I'm probably not in the intended demographic for the movie but I loved it all the same. A great one for the kids but also a film adults could quite possibly enjoy too.
  44. Jun 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Tigress looks away, out of embarrassment and understanding, when she sees a miniaturized replica of herself, an action figure that the goose mistakenly believes his son had left behind while packing for Gongmen City. Knowing chuckles from her teammates break out. Just because a stark-raving mad **** with a genocidal streak is threatening to blow up all of China to kingdom come, it doesn't mean that the Furious Five can't poke fun at their exceedingly uptight friend, for levity's sake. True enough, Lord Shen means serious business. The cannon that he developed could be curtains for kung fu, but how can they not laugh at the appearance of the Tigress doll, and what it signifies to a panda bear who is old enough to breed, yet can't do anything about it, since he's the last of his species, purportedly? The Viper is also female, but even though interspecies love can and does occur with relative frequency, the tigress, with her mammalian(as opposed to reptilian) charms, probably wins by default. Mr. Ping, just like any parent of a teenager, is worried about his son's sex drive, so maybe it's actually a calculated move on the father's part to infantilize Po, therefore making him less attractive as a potential mating partner. In "Kung Fu Panda", the goose seems well-aware of his son's fantasy life. Sounding more like a henpecking mother than a father, the bird asks loudly, "What are you doing up there?" from the kitchen in their humble abode, when he hears suspicious noises emanating from the bear's room. The sound that piques his imagination is that of a prostrated panda with major weight issues, struggling to get up from the floor. From this most humbling of beginnings, things turn around real fast for this morbidly obese bear. Other than being a tribute to the "wuxia" genre, "Kung Fu Panda" may be the most inspirational movie about big people since "Angus". Later on in the first film, the battle of the bulge, a losing battle, the result of a gluttonous appetite, greatly undermines Po's ability to fulfill his destiny as the Dragon Warrior, as he eats Shi Fu out of house and home while training at the vaunted academy under his tutelage. Unfairly, the Furious Five take issue with the fact that their savior, the chosen one who will lead them into battle with Tai Lung, can't fight, let alone, get an unobstructed view of his toes. So prejudicial are their feelings toward Po's perceived weight problem, this insular group talks freely about their leader while he's within earshot, not realizing that to another panda bear, or a pack, Po is the right size. "Kung Fu Panda 2", however, delves into the backstory as to how a goose ended up raising a bear, and in the process, shows us that Po's ungainly weight problem is a matter of nurture, not nature. When Ping discovers the panda cub mixed-up with the radish delivery outside his noodle shop, the restauranter overfeeds Po, because, in all likelihood, he was fattening the bear up. The iconography is straight out of "Hansel & Gretel". As he eats, Po sits in a pot, the prelude to a date with the oven. In "Kung Fu Panda"(starring Jack Black, the David Carradine of "yellow-voice"), when Ping tells his son that the secret ingredient is "nothing", he's lying. The secret ingredient is animals. "Broth runs deep in our veins," he says, meaning blood. Unbeknownst to Po, the goose makes him complicit to the enterprise of meat. It's as if Orwell wrote the script for "Soylent Green". Upon hearing this startling revelation, Po, in return, cracks the riddle of the sacred scroll, which enigmatically, turns out to be blank. Likewise, nothing. That is how the evil snow leopard interprets the document, reflecting as it does his own image of himself, which also denotes the attitude of the goose towards the furry creatures who inhabit the Valley of Peace, panda included. The sequel reminds us that Po belongs to the ethnography of animals, not bears, so he is fat, as defined by mainstream cultural norms. Lucky for this lowland community, the dragon warrior misinterprets his father, and fulfills his destiny. In the sequel, Ping adds tofu to the menu, whereas in the original film, he dismisses the very idea. Now that the goose uses Po's celebrity to promote the noodle shop, he can afford to go vegetarian. Po is still fat by non-panda bear standards, but the cachet of being the dragon warrior more than offsets those extra unsightly pounds. On the boat, on the heels of being humiliated in front of the tigress, the fairer Bengal finds Po struggling with inner peace, as he bangs his head against the mast. She tells him, "The mast is not a worthy opponent," then offers him her open palm. "I'm ready," the tigress says(read: romantic love is better than self-love). But a scared Po replies, "I think I prefer the mast." After he takes down the ****, however, it's the tigress's turn to be shy. During some kung fu hugging, her body stiffens. Expand
  45. Jun 19, 2011
    This movie had less and cheesier comedy the first movie. The action and the story was much better than it though... Yet, it seemed to me, that one thing went on and on. So, overall, I like the first movie better.
  46. cfh
    Jun 15, 2011
    The movie was good. I think it was better than the first one. It was funny, full of action, and had Jack Black was perfect for it. It showed Po's childhood and the ending was realy good. I cant wait for Kung Fu 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  47. Jun 11, 2011
    This is one of the few sequels that are better then the original. '' Kung Fu Panda 2 '' delivered a touching, brilliant and good story. I like the fact that it gets serious about Po's origins (without spoiling anything). There was a lot of fighting (even a little bit to violent) and the kung fu was bad-ass. The way the Furious five and our Dragon warrior fought was spectacular. I was looking forward to see if the villan (Shen) would be as much as evil and hardcore, since Tai Lung (in the first movie) was the perfect bad guy. Again, he was a bad-ass villan, even better than Tai Lung. Also, this movie delivers a great message. Not only the kids will love this movie, the adults to. It's the perfect family movie. Collapse
  48. Jun 8, 2011
    The film has some small funny moments but it's physical comedy and dulled down storyline are better left for the kids to watch on DVD night rather then good money waisted at a theater.
  49. Jun 8, 2011
    Everything about this movie was wonderful, Dreamworks has been kicking some serious butt lately (disregard Shrek 4) This film was funny, action packed, and touching. I haven't been this impressed by a sequel in quite some time. The Oscars should create a voice acting category just for Gary Oldman's performance in this film.
  50. Jun 7, 2011
    I came out of the theater with just as mixed feelings as I went into it with. While it definately wasn't as good as the first, it definitely held its own. Some stuff didn't work, or just felt like it had already been done to death in the first. This being said, it did have its share of laugh out loud moments. Additionally I really disapprove of their choice to make a third, as the strongly hint at the end of the movie. Not a good move. Expand
  51. Jun 6, 2011
    Good movie, but first was better. In the second film i don't feel that strange feeling that film is about me. But "Kung Fu Panda 2" has good humor, a lot of fighting, very impressionable Tigress. So I buy it, when it will be sold on DVD.
  52. Jun 3, 2011
    I admit to being jaded with Hollywood's tendency to pump out sequels that amount to a pile of garbage for profit but was pleasantly surprised to find this a worthy follow up to the first Kung Fu Panda. My wife tends to be even more critical of movies than I and still called this one "fun to watch". We saw it in 3D and it made the action scenes even more entertaining. All the elements that you enjoyed in the first Kung Fu Panda are here again and put to a new engrossing story line. So sit back and enjoy the show. I know I did. Expand
  53. Jun 2, 2011
    Bueno pues la pelicula es buena , tiene momentos graciosos, que sacaran una risa.
    La trama es buena , es interesante, y matendra al espectador al filo de la butaca varias veces.
  54. Jun 2, 2011
    Hard ot believe - but better than the first one imo. Enjoy! The nemesis is much more interesting. The animation is better. The action sequences are great. I am going to see it again.
  55. Jun 2, 2011
    A+ for pandas.
    A+ for cute humor.

This movie really needs no introduction. I mean, the fact that it involves pandas automatically gives it an A+, then the plot, the cast, the fun adds to it. ;)
  56. Jun 2, 2011
    Gags and antics aside, this is a film about self-actualization. It succeeds at being stand-alone and is fun, fast-paced and instantly enjoyable. Watch this with your daddy.
  57. Jun 1, 2011
    A fun addition to the first, as well as something completely different. The first was more of a comedy with action scenes, while the second is more of an action movie with comedic scenes. It's visually gorgeous, the 3D is great, and it'll waste an hour and a half. Kids will love it.
  58. May 31, 2011
    best movie in current times. enjoyed a lot. neat narration and good direction. all together the best animated movie since 2 years. my vote for it 9/10. po rocks!!! all the best for the collections as it is going to be a blockbuster of the year
  59. May 31, 2011
    Really good follow-up to the first movie. Kids enjoyed this movie and great adult humor. Definitely will see again in theater...must own DVD once released!
  60. May 31, 2011
    i think this movie was AWESOME...I can't say which part is better but what really surprised me was that this one wasn't a flop....like most sequels are these days...WELL DONE
  61. May 31, 2011
    No where near as good as the first. This animation is excellent however, and the action is entertaining. Unfortunately, a subdued musical score and a lame antagonist bogs this film down more than it should.
  62. May 31, 2011
    The original Kung Fu Panda was more sophisticated in its humor making it very enjoyable for adults as well as kids. It was also funnier, and didn't have quite so many fight scenes. The producers have fallen into the Hollywood trap of having as much action as possible. It needed more quiet moments like in the first film. Still, it was entertaining and looked great, although the 3D was not worth it. The entire time I was wishing I was watching it in the bright 2D instead of the dull, dark 3D. It will make the Blu-Ray all that more exciting to watch I suppose. Overall good, but disappointing considering the first one was so great. Expand
  63. May 31, 2011
    This was a great addition to the original Kung Fu Panda. Many questions to the first filmed are answered by this one! Also, more diverse and interesting characters were in this one, without rehashing old characters that aren't needed.
  64. May 30, 2011
    WOW. The original Kung Fu Panda is the one standout Dreamworks animated movie in my mind. This expands on the original in a grand fashion. This film is a lot darker than the original, and stands out because of it.. This movie is this franchise's Empire Strikes Back. I can not wait to see where they take Po in the next installment.
  65. May 30, 2011
    I was really surprised by this. Everything was very well done, from the humor to the beautiful animation. I just wanted to mention two highlights. One is the villain. The villain can make or break an action film, and here, the white **** Shen, is truly inspired. He is stylish, funny, and a thematic foil to the hero, Po. The other point is the emotional heart of the film between Po and his father. Their scenes together walk the line between humor and heartbreak perfectly. Well done to Dreamworks. Expand
  66. May 29, 2011
    The original Kung Fu Panda was one of the best. The cream of the crop, the best of the best. Does the sequel match it's predesessor? I went to see the movie in 2-d and was amazed. At the sheer dissapointment that is. The original was fun and funny. This wasn't. It attempts to be both funny and slightly more serious while targeting a younger audience. This completely ruins all the best aspects that it could have had. The plot is seriously underdeveloped from what it could have been. Plot: talk, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, win. That is literally the entire plot. I give it a 3 out of 10 Expand
  67. May 29, 2011
    Absolutely heartwarming. Jack Black's enthusiasm and thirst for life permeates the film. More than anything, it's a fun movie with some truly touching moments. For me to say that about an animated film is saying a lot, as it's not my genre of choice. It's right up there with the best of them.
  68. May 28, 2011
    An absolutely spectacular sequel. Kung Fu Panda 2 improves on everything the first one accomplished. The animation is nothing short of amazing, and the action scenes are much more dazzling. Additionally, the film is downright funny, even more so than the first. All this is well and good, but I what I enjoyed most about this sequel was its emotional resonance. The film journeys down some dark places, and explores Po's mysterious origins. It handles it very maturely, and the story is much more involving than the first. This is further proof that Dreamworks is perfectly capable of competing with Pixar. Kung Fu Panda 2 is a hit. Expand
  69. May 28, 2011
    Kung Fu Panda 2 was pretty good and it's a lot of fun to watch. It's very decent, but it would be more better if the sequel will be much more hardcore and awesome at the same time, just like the first one. The 3D scenes could be fun and sometimes it's a little bit too much that it gets irritating with the fight scenes and the story, so we could take off our glasses and see it in 2D at least. I like those characters and they bring back more fighting styles since the last movie, but they updated just more. The story is cool and it tells that Po must fight the villain who will take over the world and destroy kung fu fighting ever. The animation is great and the sentimental moments gets me crying in the last scene, and the fighting scenes is very awesome. I enjoy to watch once again with those guys and it's not that too much like the original, but it's good. Expand
  70. May 28, 2011
    best movie in current times. enjoyed a lot. neat narration and good direction. all together the best animated movie since 2 years. my vote for it 10/10. po rocks!!! all the best for the collections as it is going to be a blockbuster of the year
  71. May 27, 2011
    These Movies sum up my notable and favorites. I think every reviewer should have this in their â
  72. May 27, 2011
    Awesome Movie!.Touching history,with great action pieces and visuals over the top!.
    I saw this movie in 3D, and for the first time, I definitely recommend it. I haven't had many good experiences with live action 3D, but animation is much better suited for it. Kung Fu Panda 2 is a thrill ride, and the 3D was crisp and well done.

1. Reviewed by: Angie Errigo
    Jun 3, 2011
    A richer plot, life lessons and loving Chinese cultural references rendered by turns sweet, scary and charming, with yet more fantastical kung fu, make this an engaging winner. Stunning visuals make it real art as well.
  2. Reviewed by: Glenn Heath Jr.
    May 30, 2011
    Exquisite looking but substantially hollow.
  3. Reviewed by: James Berardinelli
    May 28, 2011
    This is the most mature animated feature since "Rango."