8.2

1. Nov 18, 2010
    One of dreamwork's best. I got a karate kid feel from this. Jack Black was perfect for this role. I was laughing alot also. its a perfect family movie
  2. Nov 13, 2011
    Kung Fu Panda has great visuals, but the real reason for Kung Fu Panda being so awesome is that the story is great and Po the panda is among the best animated characters ever.
  3. Sep 5, 2011
    After seeing the cutesy "Over The Hedge" and a beediocre disappointing "Bee Movie", I rolled my eyes when I met an action flick known as "Kung Fu Panda" and I enjoyed it.

The storyline was well-paced and it had a creative atmosphere that lies in the very existence of kung fu and has done anything to get some things done. It had some very emotional moments with gave this movie a heart to the original story.

The cinematography was magnificent when it comes to make a wonderful cast to play their rightful voices for the characters. Jack Black and Dustin Hoffman made an awesome mix of Po and Master Shifu because of their own personalities, different expositions, and their only chances of becoming friends to one another near the end of the movie. Ian Mcshane's performance as Tai Lung was amazing and his frightening presence gave me the shivers. James Hong as Po's father (who obviously played Chi Fu in Disney's Mulan) was very entertaining. The cast of the Furious Five were very good and they were given a little bit of screen time and were developed near the end of the movie which makes Angelina Jolie, David Cross, Seth Rogen, Lucy Liu, and Jackie Chan very memorable in this animated feature film.

The CGI animation is very amazing and somehow beautiful in most animated feature films, The characters were very likable and memorable that even ex-Disney animators would find them entertaining, the comedy was hilarious with Po's moments and the sets stayed very true to the Chinese culture. The action scenes were very intense and very unique which makes this movie the first CGI cartoon to have action sequences.

The music score by Hans Zimmer (The Lion King, The Road to El Dorado) and John Powell (in other Dreamworks Animation features) was very memorable and a lot of emotion to it to describe the characters feelings and the academy awards proved it.

The only problem that I do have with this movie was the clunky plot/script and not only that. It was too predictable.

Kung Fu Panda may not be a masterpiece, but it's a surprisingly good animated kung fu flick. It made $631 million dollars at the box office and it was as epic as Disney's The Lion King.

4. HyperS
    Nov 30, 2008
    A very worthy addition to the animation world. Great voice acting and a unique cast of characters. Especially the female tiger, which I thought was a piece of art. Cartoonist yet highly stylized. The turtle was pretty cool too. Add in some humor, a lovable unorthodox underdog hero, and a some beautifully animated fight sequences featuring a worthy villain with some neon colored special A very worthy addition to the animation world. Great voice acting and a unique cast of characters. Especially the female tiger, which I thought was a piece of art. Cartoonist yet highly stylized. The turtle was pretty cool too. Add in some humor, a lovable unorthodox underdog hero, and a some beautifully animated fight sequences featuring a worthy villain with some neon colored special effects and you got yourself a very eye popping and attention grabbing movie. I'll rate Wall-E as the deeper more insightful thought-provoking movie while Kung Fu Panda is the more playful/humorous 'sit back, turn off the brain, and enjoy' film. Expand
  5. AbhishekS.
    Jun 15, 2008
    Wonderful humor, Amazing creativity, Awesome movie.
  6. keithw.
    Jun 7, 2008
    I was pleasantly surprised by this movie.I was outvoted,so I went expecting over the topedness{sic} from the voice of Jack .B.He was, but in a good way.The nearly painted animation was done well very crisp,and fluid.
  7. JoeP.
    Jun 7, 2008
    Very Funny! The main character had depth and was very entertaining. A must see!
  8. JimmyW.
    Jun 13, 2008
    Hysterical, probably my favorite animation movie ever.
  9. David
    Jun 7, 2008
    I was not going to even write anything about this but wow Chad S., get a life!! I have no clue what all that rambling was about. Needless to say, this was a fun movie to go to and watch.
  10. ShaunR.
    Jun 7, 2008
    It is simply one of those movies people should see if not to simply let go of the seriousness of modern-day plots. It is light-hearted, funny, and action-packed.
  11. PeterK.
    Jun 8, 2008
    Shallow, silly and absolutely irresistibly funny!
  12. JasonD.
    Jul 7, 2008
    I thought this would be good fun but quite frankly I was awestruck to the point of tears at some of the staggeringly beautiful backdrops and scenes. Admittedly I am a sucker for visuals but I was not the only one in the theatre gasping and breathless with astonishment at times. For me then, the best computer animated film to date, even with the standard so high overall
  13. IrinaB.
    Mar 4, 2009
    I loved Kung Fu Panda. I am an old school martial arts fanatic--used to watch the movies with my dad. This meets all of the criteria of a martial arts film like Lord of the Wu tang (unlikely hero becomes Kung Fu Master by chance), has the visuals of a "Hero" or "Crouching Tiger", and has the heart of Disney (yes, I said it). When I went to the theater to see it all of the children there I loved Kung Fu Panda. I am an old school martial arts fanatic--used to watch the movies with my dad. This meets all of the criteria of a martial arts film like Lord of the Wu tang (unlikely hero becomes Kung Fu Master by chance), has the visuals of a "Hero" or "Crouching Tiger", and has the heart of Disney (yes, I said it). When I went to the theater to see it all of the children there loved it and my two reasons for living came out wanting to learn Kung Fu. I think the haters out there just don't like or "get" Jack Black, because really I see no other reason they could dislike this film. Expand
  14. TaylorC.
    Dec 4, 2008
    This movie is what I consider to be Dreamwork's best animted picture (Yeah that's right Shrek, I said it). The movie manages to have comedy that can not only appear to children, but also adults and teenagers. The story tells of a panda named Po that is a total Kung Fu nerd and is chosen to become the hero to save the land from the evil Tai Long. Everyone is shocked to see a fat This movie is what I consider to be Dreamwork's best animted picture (Yeah that's right Shrek, I said it). The movie manages to have comedy that can not only appear to children, but also adults and teenagers. The story tells of a panda named Po that is a total Kung Fu nerd and is chosen to become the hero to save the land from the evil Tai Long. Everyone is shocked to see a fat panda picked, but Po refuses to give up. He shows that with perseverance and determination that anyone can come past their problems and become a hero. Kung Fu Panda features an incredible cast of voice actors including Jack Black, Dustin Hoffman, Agnelina Jolie, Lucy Lui, David Cross, Seth Rogen, and Jackie Chan. This movie is the most phenomenal animated film I've seen that is not from Pixar. I can't reccomend this movie enough to people of all ages. Expand
  15. JamesC.
    Jun 17, 2008
    Very fun movie. Great themes and nicely animated.
  16. CollinT
    Jun 19, 2008
    Frankly this movie was ridiculously good. The story was simple, but deep. The one huge question that seemed obvious was turned into a joke at the last minute, and the graphics were amazing. The blend of visual styles between traditional american cg movies and japanese anime made the movie lightning quick, to the point where it was near impossible to lose focus. The special effects were Frankly this movie was ridiculously good. The story was simple, but deep. The one huge question that seemed obvious was turned into a joke at the last minute, and the graphics were amazing. The blend of visual styles between traditional american cg movies and japanese anime made the movie lightning quick, to the point where it was near impossible to lose focus. The special effects were amazing, with the fire looking very lively while the dirt and dust merged perfectly with the environment it was put in, Dreamworks outdid themselves, and perhaps Pixar on this one, at least until Wall-E comes out next week. Expand
  17. LouisH.
    Jun 7, 2008
    With the Jack Black style humor, fighting scenes and dreamworks FX, its hard not to like this movie. It gets a perfect 10 because I can't think of anything possibly wrong with it.
  18. CJA.
    Jul 6, 2008
    This movie was action packed and hilarious! The humor in the movies was great and kept laughing until the very end. A great movie for all ages!
  19. PaL.
    Mar 25, 2009
    This movie was excellent. The only thing that prevents me from giving it a 10 is that I don't know if it connected with my kids as much as it could have. They laughed throughout and we all had a great time but at the end I don't know if they would list it among their all time favorites. I personally think that most of the 50-65 scores listed in the "critics" section show that This movie was excellent. The only thing that prevents me from giving it a 10 is that I don't know if it connected with my kids as much as it could have. They laughed throughout and we all had a great time but at the end I don't know if they would list it among their all time favorites. I personally think that most of the 50-65 scores listed in the "critics" section show that these reviewers are either out of touch or have no sense of humor. Expand
  20. SafaM
    Nov 15, 2008
    It is worth to see this funny movie. You can relax and watch it with your family.
  21. CaleA.
    Nov 2, 2008
    WALL-E is at least a 9, and so is Kung Fu Panda. I don't know why the score is low right now. This is not to be missed. do yourself a favor and watch it at 1080p res bluray etc. I'm hoping that score will go up when it releases on dvd and bluray in a couple weeks. a must see. I rarely give out 10s, im very picky, but this animation is my personal flavor. they did an amazing job. WALL-E is at least a 9, and so is Kung Fu Panda. I don't know why the score is low right now. This is not to be missed. do yourself a favor and watch it at 1080p res bluray etc. I'm hoping that score will go up when it releases on dvd and bluray in a couple weeks. a must see. I rarely give out 10s, im very picky, but this animation is my personal flavor. they did an amazing job. very much appreciated. Expand
  22. EdgarV.
    Nov 25, 2008
    It has been long since the first Shrek was released and dreamworks had a really innovative work, but finally things have changed... and the name is Kung Fu Panda! At first it doesn't seem any different from any other movies aimed at a younger audience, but after a closer look one can notice that this movie is more refined and have been morre cared for during production than the It has been long since the first Shrek was released and dreamworks had a really innovative work, but finally things have changed... and the name is Kung Fu Panda! At first it doesn't seem any different from any other movies aimed at a younger audience, but after a closer look one can notice that this movie is more refined and have been morre cared for during production than the others. From the fur effects to the awesome matte paintings on the background everything is visually perfect and all of this is backed by an outstanding sound design that ranges from epic tracks to a beautiful and realistic lipsync to the voices of an "A Rank" cast. This is the Panda you have been looking to adopt, protect and have fun with! Expand
  23. DaveC.
    May 29, 2008
    I saw a pre-screening of this film a week ago, and absolutely loved it! Not only are all of the voice actors perfectly matched with their cgi characters, but the script is great, the action is fast paced, and the graphics are extremely well done. I'd say it is at least on par with DreamWorks' best cgi film thus far (Shrek), and is near the lofty caliber of Pixar films. (For a I saw a pre-screening of this film a week ago, and absolutely loved it! Not only are all of the voice actors perfectly matched with their cgi characters, but the script is great, the action is fast paced, and the graphics are extremely well done. I'd say it is at least on par with DreamWorks' best cgi film thus far (Shrek), and is near the lofty caliber of Pixar films. (For a reference point: Expand
  24. JNels
    Jun 15, 2008
    Fantastic action scenes and Jack Black knocks the ball out of the park. Hilarious to boot.
  25. JuanK.
    Jun 23, 2008
    Great movie. The fight scenes... outstanding!.
  26. bobsomebody
    Apr 18, 2009
    There are only two conceivable reasons that I can see for NOT liking this movie: 1) You don't like Jack Black. That's okay, some people (a small minority) just don't like him! Then stop hating on this movie, because Jack Black fans are most likely to enjoy it most. 2) You think that it's "formulated" somehow, or that it has too many "cliches". My response to that is: There are only two conceivable reasons that I can see for NOT liking this movie: 1) You don't like Jack Black. That's okay, some people (a small minority) just don't like him! Then stop hating on this movie, because Jack Black fans are most likely to enjoy it most. 2) You think that it's "formulated" somehow, or that it has too many "cliches". My response to that is: you can't "formulate" good humor. This movie is one of Dreamwork's best, because the animation and voice acting work in perfect harmony. The casting for this movie was absolutely spot-on, and the script is quite fine by me. The magic of this movie relies much, but not entirely, on Jack Black's humor, so I stand by my assertion: If you like Jack Black, this movie will be perfect for you. Expand
  27. LeventeS
    Jun 23, 2009
    An extraordinary romp the the world of anthropomorphic ancient China. Kung Fu Panda is helped along by inspired voice-acting by Ian McShane, Dustin Hoffman, Randall Duk Kim, and most surprisingly, Jack Black. Also, The film's soundtrack is beautiful; the animation, awe-inspiring; the characters, well rounded; the jokes, hilarious; the set-design, beyond belief. Everything about Panda An extraordinary romp the the world of anthropomorphic ancient China. Kung Fu Panda is helped along by inspired voice-acting by Ian McShane, Dustin Hoffman, Randall Duk Kim, and most surprisingly, Jack Black. Also, The film's soundtrack is beautiful; the animation, awe-inspiring; the characters, well rounded; the jokes, hilarious; the set-design, beyond belief. Everything about Panda has been refined to its most highly perfected form and then put on display for all to enjoy. I have spent the last ten minutes trying to think of some criticism for this masterpiece, and nothing comes to mind. Now I think I'll go watch it again... I finished watching it not half an hour ago. Expand
  28. Oct 4, 2010
    This film was a stunning move by Dreamworks, rating among the top animated films of all time alongside Pixar in my opinion. The animation is breathtaking, the action superb (it is a rare feat for animated films to provide adrenaline-rushing action sequences) and the story, although carrying a familiar moral message, is simple but sweet. If Dreamworks can continue to brighten the filmThis film was a stunning move by Dreamworks, rating among the top animated films of all time alongside Pixar in my opinion. The animation is breathtaking, the action superb (it is a rare feat for animated films to provide adrenaline-rushing action sequences) and the story, although carrying a familiar moral message, is simple but sweet. If Dreamworks can continue to brighten the film industry with fun, awesome films such as this, then Pixar had better watch out! Expand
  29. Jun 2, 2011
    Easily one of the best animated pictures of recent times with excellent voice talent, a solid and touching script, and a main character that we all can relate to. The film is also beautifully scored by Hans Zimmer, and at many times, the score drives the emotional and energetic levity. One of my favorites!
  30. May 31, 2011
    Kung Fu Panda is not an average kung fu film. It's great and unique. It also teaches great morals to those just starting on their path, a main one being to believe in your dreams.
  31. Aug 15, 2011
    This movie was very interesting for me.The main character is very unique character. At the end of this movie , He became very strong , but he was also fan.
  32. Sep 14, 2011
    This is the best comedy movie. Well animated, well taken, great action and awesome characters. Po is destined to be the dragon warrior but why can't his dad visit him.
  33. Sep 30, 2011
    it will take forever to find the flaws in this movie: there are none. the action is so spectacular, that it seems impossible to do by humans. that is where animation truly shines.
  34. Dec 4, 2011
    Wonderful movie, promises a great start to a whole series of movies of Kung Fu Panda. (Unfortunately, I recently found out after watching Kung Fu Panda 2 that they are partnering with the Nickelodeon Channel to make a Kung Fu Panda TV Series. It is quite disappointing.) Always will be a family classic. It portrays great messages, like self-discovery, strength and faith.
  35. Apr 1, 2012
    This would be a 9.25 out of 10. Animation is really good. It looks pretty cool. Acting is real good. Music and story are really good as well. It also has really good action scenes, and is sometimes real funny. Overall, this is a great film. You and your family should go and see it.
  36. May 14, 2012
    Kung Fu Panda is easily one of the best Dreamwork movie. It haves a great plot and a well animation. It haves even funny moments. Overall is a peaceful and extreme movie. Worth watching. (9.4)
  37. Mar 27, 2013
    A fabulous coming of age tale of an overweight panda (Jack Black) who meets his idols, the Furious Five, kung-fu masters. Angelina Jolie, Lucy Liu and David Cross are among the cast, joined by Dustin Hoffman as Master Shifu.
  38. Nov 12, 2013
    Warm, touching, and fruitful script, coupled with amazing animation technique, make this kung fu parody funny and entertaining. Excellent voice choices, in particular Jack Black, and, surprising, a lack of the common corny plot lines in regular animation. Loved it since it came out.
  39. Nov 23, 2014
    Kung Fu Panda es, sin dudas, una película de Dreamworks que logra entretener a las personas con buenos gags, además de que es una gran película familiar.
  40. Oct 13, 2014
    It's great, the title felt kinda' misleading, and I thought it wasn't going to be that great, but I was surprised with what I was given, I think this film is probably one Jack Black's most memorable roles. The film is a lot of fun with great animation, and cool characters.
  41. Dec 30, 2014
    I love this film. the animation is gorgeous, the fight scenes are excellently choreographed and the characters are really likeable made better by a great all star cast. the story is well written and was incredibly engaging and while it had good emotion it injected some genuinely funny comedy that wasn't completely out of place with Martial art Mythology. Jack black has never been betterI love this film. the animation is gorgeous, the fight scenes are excellently choreographed and the characters are really likeable made better by a great all star cast. the story is well written and was incredibly engaging and while it had good emotion it injected some genuinely funny comedy that wasn't completely out of place with Martial art Mythology. Jack black has never been better seriously see this. Expand

This is a solid family film material, although one suspects the children will get a little more out of it than their parents.
  2. The stroke of genius is, of course, the film's hero -- the big, lovable bear that is the Chinese panda.
  3. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    A nice looking but heavily formulaic DreamWorks animation entry.