Paramount Pictures | Release Date: June 6, 2008
8.3
Universal acclaim based on 435 Ratings
WATCH NOW
CamilleJun 15, 2008
All I can say was that it was alright. Not bad, of course, but nothing special. It was short and had a very simply laid out beginning, middle, and end. Certain parts were dragged out a bit more than necessary and others were over quicker All I can say was that it was alright. Not bad, of course, but nothing special. It was short and had a very simply laid out beginning, middle, and end. Certain parts were dragged out a bit more than necessary and others were over quicker than they should have been, like the solution to the mystery of the Dragon Scroll. It was just completely unprompted and almost awkwardly shoved into a scene in the movie where it didn't really fit. Jack Black (beside the animation itself)is really the only phenomenal part of film. His personality really adds to the character and makes him likable, relatable, and ultimately enjoyable. I'd recommend it for viewers with younger children. Other than that, I'd rent when it comes out on video. Expand
1 of 1 users found this helpful
aaronpaul121May 25, 2012
This is definitely a great movie. I love the story, it's very clear and interesting. The graphics were great so it has visual impact to viewers. Definitely, one of Dreamworks' best...........
MetalMan95Nov 18, 2010
One of dreamwork's best. I got a karate kid feel from this. Jack Black was perfect for this role. I was laughing alot also. its a perfect family movie
ZilcellNov 13, 2011
Kung Fu Panda has great visuals, but the real reason for Kung Fu Panda being so awesome is that the story is great and Po the panda is among the best animated characters ever.
grandpajoe6191Oct 4, 2011
Recently, Dreamworks has been working hard to improve their story and dialogue, and they did use their time wisely. Their animation "Kung Fu Panda" blows it all, from comedy to action, like a boss.
MovieLonely94Sep 5, 2011
After seeing the cutesy "Over The Hedge" and a beediocre disappointing "Bee Movie", I rolled my eyes when I met an action flick known as "Kung Fu Panda" and I enjoyed it.

The storyline was well-paced and it had a creative atmosphere that

The storyline was well-paced and it had a creative atmosphere that lies in the very existence of kung fu and has done anything to get some things done. It had some very emotional moments with gave this movie a heart to the original story.

The cinematography was magnificent when it comes to make a wonderful cast to play their rightful voices for the characters. Jack Black and Dustin Hoffman made an awesome mix of Po and Master Shifu because of their own personalities, different expositions, and their only chances of becoming friends to one another near the end of the movie. Ian Mcshane's performance as Tai Lung was amazing and his frightening presence gave me the shivers. James Hong as Po's father (who obviously played Chi Fu in Disney's Mulan) was very entertaining. The cast of the Furious Five were very good and they were given a little bit of screen time and were developed near the end of the movie which makes Angelina Jolie, David Cross, Seth Rogen, Lucy Liu, and Jackie Chan very memorable in this animated feature film.

The CGI animation is very amazing and somehow beautiful in most animated feature films, The characters were very likable and memorable that even ex-Disney animators would find them entertaining, the comedy was hilarious with Po's moments and the sets stayed very true to the Chinese culture. The action scenes were very intense and very unique which makes this movie the first CGI cartoon to have action sequences.

The music score by Hans Zimmer (The Lion King, The Road to El Dorado) and John Powell (in other Dreamworks Animation features) was very memorable and a lot of emotion to it to describe the characters feelings and the academy awards proved it.

The only problem that I do have with this movie was the clunky plot/script and not only that. It was too predictable.

Kung Fu Panda may not be a masterpiece, but it's a surprisingly good animated kung fu flick. It made $631 million dollars at the box office and it was as epic as Disney's The Lion King.

HyperSNov 30, 2008
A very worthy addition to the animation world. Great voice acting and a unique cast of characters. Especially the female tiger, which I thought was a piece of art. Cartoonist yet highly stylized. The turtle was pretty cool too. Add in some A very worthy addition to the animation world. Great voice acting and a unique cast of characters. Especially the female tiger, which I thought was a piece of art. Cartoonist yet highly stylized. The turtle was pretty cool too. Add in some humor, a lovable unorthodox underdog hero, and a some beautifully animated fight sequences featuring a worthy villain with some neon colored special effects and you got yourself a very eye popping and attention grabbing movie. I'll rate Wall-E as the deeper more insightful thought-provoking movie while Kung Fu Panda is the more playful/humorous 'sit back, turn off the brain, and enjoy' film. Expand
1 of 2 users found this helpful
HappymonkDec 22, 2011
Another solid movie from Dreamworks, the animation doesn't seem to age (at least not as much as Madagascar), the jokes are mostly great, the voice acting is fantastic and the story seems to work very well. It's better than Madagascar, but notAnother solid movie from Dreamworks, the animation doesn't seem to age (at least not as much as Madagascar), the jokes are mostly great, the voice acting is fantastic and the story seems to work very well. It's better than Madagascar, but not quite as good as the likes of Shrek (the first 2) or How To Train Your Dragon. A very awesome film nonetheless. Expand
ChadS.Jun 7, 2008
They're animals, not people; but "Kung Fu Panda" take place in China, and the animals are voiced by both, American and Asian-American actors. Viper(Lucy Liu) and Monkey(Jackie Chan) are Chinese, but Tigress(Angelina Jolie) and They're animals, not people; but "Kung Fu Panda" take place in China, and the animals are voiced by both, American and Asian-American actors. Viper(Lucy Liu) and Monkey(Jackie Chan) are Chinese, but Tigress(Angelina Jolie) and Mantis(David Cross) are pretending to be Chinese, like David Carradine in "Kung Fu". The panda bear, the animal most iconographical to Mainland China, is part of the covert yellow-face minstrel act, too, made even more intriguing by its black and white markings. Po(Jack Black) is a kung fu fan like Taimak in Berry Gordy's "The Last Dragon", who was black, and a kung fu master like Cane, in the aforementioned series that was originally planned to be a star vehicle for Bruce Lee; needless to say, Carradine was white. In a film with Jackie Chan, the closest thing we have to the late Lee, it's interesting to mention that the Anglo-American actor gets to read the ancient prophecy, and not somebody of actual Asian descent. Expand
1 of 4 users found this helpful
ClifC.Mar 9, 2009
Mediocre. I was bored by this movie, really. So cliché!...
MarkB.Nov 21, 2008
Mediocre at best.
0 of 2 users found this helpful
RyanC.Jun 4, 2008
Typical Dreamworks animation fare - formulaic, unoriginal, uninspired. Don't waste your money.
vidmanJun 12, 2008
The previews looked funny, but I initially hesitated to watch it because the last few Jack Black movies were disappointments. Well, you can add this one to the list. There are a few laughs, but most of the jokes aren't funny. And the The previews looked funny, but I initially hesitated to watch it because the last few Jack Black movies were disappointments. Well, you can add this one to the list. There are a few laughs, but most of the jokes aren't funny. And the drama is something we've already seen in better movies by Pixar (and probably by Dreamworks as well). Expand
AbhishekS.Jun 15, 2008
Wonderful humor, Amazing creativity, Awesome movie.
PatrickJun 3, 2008
A fun movie for the whole family (sounds cliche, but really applies for this flick). The animation is great, and it actually gets some good consistent laughs in throughout the duration. It seemed a little short to some, but I got a kick out A fun movie for the whole family (sounds cliche, but really applies for this flick). The animation is great, and it actually gets some good consistent laughs in throughout the duration. It seemed a little short to some, but I got a kick out of it. Take your kids and you won't have a bad time yourself. Expand
keithw.Jun 7, 2008
I was pleasantly surprised by this movie.I was outvoted,so I went expecting over the topedness{sic} from the voice of Jack .B.He was, but in a good way.The nearly painted animation was done well very crisp,and fluid.
JoeP.Jun 7, 2008
Very Funny! The main character had depth and was very entertaining. A must see!
PeterHJun 9, 2008
Solid flick for everyone of all ages.
DazLJul 8, 2008
Such an enjoyable film to watch with a great cast backing it up. Perfect film to watch with the family or if your just in the mood for a laugh.
MatthewB.Jun 10, 2008
This is a very good movie: it's funny and has a compelling plot. The characters are all very likable and I think kids would like it a lot. It definitely isn't just another cookie cutter animated movie about talking animals and does This is a very good movie: it's funny and has a compelling plot. The characters are all very likable and I think kids would like it a lot. It definitely isn't just another cookie cutter animated movie about talking animals and does some fairly original things. Expand
JimmyW.Jun 13, 2008
Hysterical, probably my favorite animation movie ever.
DavidJun 7, 2008
I was not going to even write anything about this but wow Chad S., get a life!! I have no clue what all that rambling was about. Needless to say, this was a fun movie to go to and watch.
ShaunR.Jun 7, 2008
It is simply one of those movies people should see if not to simply let go of the seriousness of modern-day plots. It is light-hearted, funny, and action-packed.
PeterK.Jun 8, 2008
Shallow, silly and absolutely irresistibly funny!
RishiIJul 10, 2008
Very enjoyable movie for both kids and adults. A simply movie formula done extremely well. The fight scenes were surprisingly good as well, Wo Ping would be proud. The animation is excellent and brings the story of a likable Panda to life.
JasonD.Jul 7, 2008
I thought this would be good fun but quite frankly I was awestruck to the point of tears at some of the staggeringly beautiful backdrops and scenes. Admittedly I am a sucker for visuals but I was not the only one in the theatre gasping and I thought this would be good fun but quite frankly I was awestruck to the point of tears at some of the staggeringly beautiful backdrops and scenes. Admittedly I am a sucker for visuals but I was not the only one in the theatre gasping and breathless with astonishment at times. For me then, the best computer animated film to date, even with the standard so high overall Expand
IrinaB.Mar 4, 2009
I loved Kung Fu Panda. I am an old school martial arts fanatic--used to watch the movies with my dad. This meets all of the criteria of a martial arts film like Lord of the Wu tang (unlikely hero becomes Kung Fu Master by chance), has the I loved Kung Fu Panda. I am an old school martial arts fanatic--used to watch the movies with my dad. This meets all of the criteria of a martial arts film like Lord of the Wu tang (unlikely hero becomes Kung Fu Master by chance), has the visuals of a "Hero" or "Crouching Tiger", and has the heart of Disney (yes, I said it). When I went to the theater to see it all of the children there loved it and my two reasons for living came out wanting to learn Kung Fu. I think the haters out there just don't like or "get" Jack Black, because really I see no other reason they could dislike this film. Expand
MortenJ.Nov 1, 2008
This movie is really funny, with a lot of "kung fu" fighting and the voice acting is great too. I really recommend this movie.
JayH.Nov 5, 2008
Brilliant animation, great story and often laugh out loud funny. It's not up there with Finding Nemo, Toy Story or A Bug's Life, but it is still a fine film. Very entertaining.
DavidR.Nov 6, 2008
Very funny -- a good family movie for older kids.