Kung Fu Panda

8.3

1. Camille
    Jun 15, 2008
    All I can say was that it was alright. Not bad, of course, but nothing special. It was short and had a very simply laid out beginning, middle, and end. Certain parts were dragged out a bit more than necessary and others were over quicker than they should have been, like the solution to the mystery of the Dragon Scroll. It was just completely unprompted and almost awkwardly shoved into a All I can say was that it was alright. Not bad, of course, but nothing special. It was short and had a very simply laid out beginning, middle, and end. Certain parts were dragged out a bit more than necessary and others were over quicker than they should have been, like the solution to the mystery of the Dragon Scroll. It was just completely unprompted and almost awkwardly shoved into a scene in the movie where it didn't really fit. Jack Black (beside the animation itself)is really the only phenomenal part of film. His personality really adds to the character and makes him likable, relatable, and ultimately enjoyable. I'd recommend it for viewers with younger children. Other than that, I'd rent when it comes out on video. Expand
  2. May 25, 2012
    This is definitely a great movie. I love the story, it's very clear and interesting. The graphics were great so it has visual impact to viewers. Definitely, one of Dreamworks' best...........
  3. Nov 18, 2010
    One of dreamwork's best. I got a karate kid feel from this. Jack Black was perfect for this role. I was laughing alot also. its a perfect family movie
  4. Nov 13, 2011
    Kung Fu Panda has great visuals, but the real reason for Kung Fu Panda being so awesome is that the story is great and Po the panda is among the best animated characters ever.
  5. Oct 4, 2011
    Recently, Dreamworks has been working hard to improve their story and dialogue, and they did use their time wisely. Their animation "Kung Fu Panda" blows it all, from comedy to action, like a boss.
  6. Sep 5, 2011
    After seeing the cutesy "Over The Hedge" and a beediocre disappointing "Bee Movie", I rolled my eyes when I met an action flick known as "Kung Fu Panda" and I enjoyed it.

The storyline was well-paced and it had a creative atmosphere that lies in the very existence of kung fu and has done anything to get some things done. It had some very emotional moments with gave this movie a heart to the original story.

The cinematography was magnificent when it comes to make a wonderful cast to play their rightful voices for the characters. Jack Black and Dustin Hoffman made an awesome mix of Po and Master Shifu because of their own personalities, different expositions, and their only chances of becoming friends to one another near the end of the movie. Ian Mcshane's performance as Tai Lung was amazing and his frightening presence gave me the shivers. James Hong as Po's father (who obviously played Chi Fu in Disney's Mulan) was very entertaining. The cast of the Furious Five were very good and they were given a little bit of screen time and were developed near the end of the movie which makes Angelina Jolie, David Cross, Seth Rogen, Lucy Liu, and Jackie Chan very memorable in this animated feature film.

The CGI animation is very amazing and somehow beautiful in most animated feature films, The characters were very likable and memorable that even ex-Disney animators would find them entertaining, the comedy was hilarious with Po's moments and the sets stayed very true to the Chinese culture. The action scenes were very intense and very unique which makes this movie the first CGI cartoon to have action sequences.

The music score by Hans Zimmer (The Lion King, The Road to El Dorado) and John Powell (in other Dreamworks Animation features) was very memorable and a lot of emotion to it to describe the characters feelings and the academy awards proved it.

The only problem that I do have with this movie was the clunky plot/script and not only that. It was too predictable.

Kung Fu Panda may not be a masterpiece, but it's a surprisingly good animated kung fu flick. It made $631 million dollars at the box office and it was as epic as Disney's The Lion King.

7. HyperS
    Nov 30, 2008
    A very worthy addition to the animation world. Great voice acting and a unique cast of characters. Especially the female tiger, which I thought was a piece of art. Cartoonist yet highly stylized. The turtle was pretty cool too. Add in some humor, a lovable unorthodox underdog hero, and a some beautifully animated fight sequences featuring a worthy villain with some neon colored special A very worthy addition to the animation world. Great voice acting and a unique cast of characters. Especially the female tiger, which I thought was a piece of art. Cartoonist yet highly stylized. The turtle was pretty cool too. Add in some humor, a lovable unorthodox underdog hero, and a some beautifully animated fight sequences featuring a worthy villain with some neon colored special effects and you got yourself a very eye popping and attention grabbing movie. I'll rate Wall-E as the deeper more insightful thought-provoking movie while Kung Fu Panda is the more playful/humorous 'sit back, turn off the brain, and enjoy' film. Expand
  8. Dec 22, 2011
    Another solid movie from Dreamworks, the animation doesn't seem to age (at least not as much as Madagascar), the jokes are mostly great, the voice acting is fantastic and the story seems to work very well. It's better than Madagascar, but not quite as good as the likes of Shrek (the first 2) or How To Train Your Dragon. A very awesome film nonetheless.
  9. ChadS.
    Jun 7, 2008
    They're animals, not people; but "Kung Fu Panda" take place in China, and the animals are voiced by both, American and Asian-American actors. Viper(Lucy Liu) and Monkey(Jackie Chan) are Chinese, but Tigress(Angelina Jolie) and Mantis(David Cross) are pretending to be Chinese, like David Carradine in "Kung Fu". The panda bear, the animal most iconographical to Mainland China, is part They're animals, not people; but "Kung Fu Panda" take place in China, and the animals are voiced by both, American and Asian-American actors. Viper(Lucy Liu) and Monkey(Jackie Chan) are Chinese, but Tigress(Angelina Jolie) and Mantis(David Cross) are pretending to be Chinese, like David Carradine in "Kung Fu". The panda bear, the animal most iconographical to Mainland China, is part of the covert yellow-face minstrel act, too, made even more intriguing by its black and white markings. Po(Jack Black) is a kung fu fan like Taimak in Berry Gordy's "The Last Dragon", who was black, and a kung fu master like Cane, in the aforementioned series that was originally planned to be a star vehicle for Bruce Lee; needless to say, Carradine was white. In a film with Jackie Chan, the closest thing we have to the late Lee, it's interesting to mention that the Anglo-American actor gets to read the ancient prophecy, and not somebody of actual Asian descent. Expand
  10. ClifC.
    Mar 9, 2009
    Mediocre. I was bored by this movie, really. So cliché!...
  11. MarkB.
    Nov 21, 2008
    Mediocre at best.
  12. RyanC.
    Jun 4, 2008
    Typical Dreamworks animation fare - formulaic, unoriginal, uninspired. Don't waste your money.
  13. vidman
    Jun 12, 2008
    The previews looked funny, but I initially hesitated to watch it because the last few Jack Black movies were disappointments. Well, you can add this one to the list. There are a few laughs, but most of the jokes aren't funny. And the drama is something we've already seen in better movies by Pixar (and probably by Dreamworks as well).
  14. AbhishekS.
    Jun 15, 2008
    Wonderful humor, Amazing creativity, Awesome movie.
  15. Patrick
    Jun 3, 2008
    A fun movie for the whole family (sounds cliche, but really applies for this flick). The animation is great, and it actually gets some good consistent laughs in throughout the duration. It seemed a little short to some, but I got a kick out of it. Take your kids and you won't have a bad time yourself.
  16. keithw.
    Jun 7, 2008
    I was pleasantly surprised by this movie.I was outvoted,so I went expecting over the topedness{sic} from the voice of Jack .B.He was, but in a good way.The nearly painted animation was done well very crisp,and fluid.
  17. JoeP.
    Jun 7, 2008
    Very Funny! The main character had depth and was very entertaining. A must see!
  18. PeterH
    Jun 9, 2008
    Solid flick for everyone of all ages.
  19. DazL
    Jul 8, 2008
    Such an enjoyable film to watch with a great cast backing it up. Perfect film to watch with the family or if your just in the mood for a laugh.
  20. MatthewB.
    Jun 10, 2008
    This is a very good movie: it's funny and has a compelling plot. The characters are all very likable and I think kids would like it a lot. It definitely isn't just another cookie cutter animated movie about talking animals and does some fairly original things.
  21. JimmyW.
    Jun 13, 2008
    Hysterical, probably my favorite animation movie ever.
  22. David
    Jun 7, 2008
    I was not going to even write anything about this but wow Chad S., get a life!! I have no clue what all that rambling was about. Needless to say, this was a fun movie to go to and watch.
  23. ShaunR.
    Jun 7, 2008
    It is simply one of those movies people should see if not to simply let go of the seriousness of modern-day plots. It is light-hearted, funny, and action-packed.
  24. PeterK.
    Jun 8, 2008
    Shallow, silly and absolutely irresistibly funny!
  25. RishiI
    Jul 10, 2008
    Very enjoyable movie for both kids and adults. A simply movie formula done extremely well. The fight scenes were surprisingly good as well, Wo Ping would be proud. The animation is excellent and brings the story of a likable Panda to life.
  26. JasonD.
    Jul 7, 2008
    I thought this would be good fun but quite frankly I was awestruck to the point of tears at some of the staggeringly beautiful backdrops and scenes. Admittedly I am a sucker for visuals but I was not the only one in the theatre gasping and breathless with astonishment at times. For me then, the best computer animated film to date, even with the standard so high overall
  27. IrinaB.
    Mar 4, 2009
    I loved Kung Fu Panda. I am an old school martial arts fanatic--used to watch the movies with my dad. This meets all of the criteria of a martial arts film like Lord of the Wu tang (unlikely hero becomes Kung Fu Master by chance), has the visuals of a "Hero" or "Crouching Tiger", and has the heart of Disney (yes, I said it). When I went to the theater to see it all of the children there I loved Kung Fu Panda. I am an old school martial arts fanatic--used to watch the movies with my dad. This meets all of the criteria of a martial arts film like Lord of the Wu tang (unlikely hero becomes Kung Fu Master by chance), has the visuals of a "Hero" or "Crouching Tiger", and has the heart of Disney (yes, I said it). When I went to the theater to see it all of the children there loved it and my two reasons for living came out wanting to learn Kung Fu. I think the haters out there just don't like or "get" Jack Black, because really I see no other reason they could dislike this film. Expand
  28. MortenJ.
    Nov 1, 2008
    This movie is really funny, with a lot of "kung fu" fighting and the voice acting is great too. I really recommend this movie.
  29. JayH.
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brilliant animation, great story and often laugh out loud funny. It's not up there with Finding Nemo, Toy Story or A Bug's Life, but it is still a fine film. Very entertaining.
  30. DavidR.
    Nov 6, 2008
    Very funny -- a good family movie for older kids.
  31. TaylorC.
    Dec 4, 2008
    This movie is what I consider to be Dreamwork's best animted picture (Yeah that's right Shrek, I said it). The movie manages to have comedy that can not only appear to children, but also adults and teenagers. The story tells of a panda named Po that is a total Kung Fu nerd and is chosen to become the hero to save the land from the evil Tai Long. Everyone is shocked to see a fat This movie is what I consider to be Dreamwork's best animted picture (Yeah that's right Shrek, I said it). The movie manages to have comedy that can not only appear to children, but also adults and teenagers. The story tells of a panda named Po that is a total Kung Fu nerd and is chosen to become the hero to save the land from the evil Tai Long. Everyone is shocked to see a fat panda picked, but Po refuses to give up. He shows that with perseverance and determination that anyone can come past their problems and become a hero. Kung Fu Panda features an incredible cast of voice actors including Jack Black, Dustin Hoffman, Agnelina Jolie, Lucy Lui, David Cross, Seth Rogen, and Jackie Chan. This movie is the most phenomenal animated film I've seen that is not from Pixar. I can't reccomend this movie enough to people of all ages. Expand
  32. JamesC.
    Jun 17, 2008
    Very fun movie. Great themes and nicely animated.
  33. CollinT
    Jun 19, 2008
    Frankly this movie was ridiculously good. The story was simple, but deep. The one huge question that seemed obvious was turned into a joke at the last minute, and the graphics were amazing. The blend of visual styles between traditional american cg movies and japanese anime made the movie lightning quick, to the point where it was near impossible to lose focus. The special effects were Frankly this movie was ridiculously good. The story was simple, but deep. The one huge question that seemed obvious was turned into a joke at the last minute, and the graphics were amazing. The blend of visual styles between traditional american cg movies and japanese anime made the movie lightning quick, to the point where it was near impossible to lose focus. The special effects were amazing, with the fire looking very lively while the dirt and dust merged perfectly with the environment it was put in, Dreamworks outdid themselves, and perhaps Pixar on this one, at least until Wall-E comes out next week. Expand
  34. RoryB.
    Jun 21, 2008
    Chad S......i think you need to even out your medication mate, seriously are you alright? How the hell have you managed to see that much intrigue and conspiracy in one film? My favorite line is "the panda bear...made even more intriguing by its black and white markings" ITS A FECKING PANDA BEAR...thats there markings not a massive attempt to undermine a race....oh and the film was...meh, Chad S......i think you need to even out your medication mate, seriously are you alright? How the hell have you managed to see that much intrigue and conspiracy in one film? My favorite line is "the panda bear...made even more intriguing by its black and white markings" ITS A FECKING PANDA BEAR...thats there markings not a massive attempt to undermine a race....oh and the film was...meh, wait for the dvd. Expand
  35. JacqueV
    Jun 26, 2008
    This was a really good movie to watch. It's really funny, so obviously lots of people would like. I'm one of those people. The story was quite interesting, and if you haven't seen it, it's good to watch with friends/family.
  36. DaveF
    Jun 26, 2008
    Adorable, delightful action-comedy with panache. Why didn't anyone think to do martial arts with Warner Bros.-style cartoons before? Jack Black is amusing enough, but the real treat is the artistry and animation. I did not expect to love this movie.
  37. BrianW.
    Jun 28, 2008
    This was a good story for both adults and kids. I took my wife and 5 year old son to see this movie. We all enjoyed it. The movie started a little slow, but picked up pace once the Panda starting his training.
  38. LouisH.
    Jun 7, 2008
    With the Jack Black style humor, fighting scenes and dreamworks FX, its hard not to like this movie. It gets a perfect 10 because I can't think of anything possibly wrong with it.
  39. CJA.
    Jul 6, 2008
    This movie was action packed and hilarious! The humor in the movies was great and kept laughing until the very end. A great movie for all ages!
  40. PaL.
    Mar 25, 2009
    This movie was excellent. The only thing that prevents me from giving it a 10 is that I don't know if it connected with my kids as much as it could have. They laughed throughout and we all had a great time but at the end I don't know if they would list it among their all time favorites. I personally think that most of the 50-65 scores listed in the "critics" section show that This movie was excellent. The only thing that prevents me from giving it a 10 is that I don't know if it connected with my kids as much as it could have. They laughed throughout and we all had a great time but at the end I don't know if they would list it among their all time favorites. I personally think that most of the 50-65 scores listed in the "critics" section show that these reviewers are either out of touch or have no sense of humor. Expand
  41. SP.
    May 12, 2009
    At 40 and with no kids (by choice!) my girlfriend and I don't tend to watch much of this sort of film. I remember enjoying the first Toy Story and one or two other animated features since, but I wasn't particularly expecting to get into this as much as I did. It's funny, charming, and genuinely gripping in places. The characterisation is first-rate (loved the Mantis in At 40 and with no kids (by choice!) my girlfriend and I don't tend to watch much of this sort of film. I remember enjoying the first Toy Story and one or two other animated features since, but I wasn't particularly expecting to get into this as much as I did. It's funny, charming, and genuinely gripping in places. The characterisation is first-rate (loved the Mantis in particular). I saw the film on Blu Ray and the visuals looked exceptional. All in all a really enjoyable film and not just for the kids. Recommended. Expand
  42. SafaM
    Nov 15, 2008
    It is worth to see this funny movie. You can relax and watch it with your family.
  43. CaleA.
    Nov 2, 2008
    WALL-E is at least a 9, and so is Kung Fu Panda. I don't know why the score is low right now. This is not to be missed. do yourself a favor and watch it at 1080p res bluray etc. I'm hoping that score will go up when it releases on dvd and bluray in a couple weeks. a must see. I rarely give out 10s, im very picky, but this animation is my personal flavor. they did an amazing job. WALL-E is at least a 9, and so is Kung Fu Panda. I don't know why the score is low right now. This is not to be missed. do yourself a favor and watch it at 1080p res bluray etc. I'm hoping that score will go up when it releases on dvd and bluray in a couple weeks. a must see. I rarely give out 10s, im very picky, but this animation is my personal flavor. they did an amazing job. very much appreciated. Expand
  44. EdgarV.
    Nov 25, 2008
    It has been long since the first Shrek was released and dreamworks had a really innovative work, but finally things have changed... and the name is Kung Fu Panda! At first it doesn't seem any different from any other movies aimed at a younger audience, but after a closer look one can notice that this movie is more refined and have been morre cared for during production than the It has been long since the first Shrek was released and dreamworks had a really innovative work, but finally things have changed... and the name is Kung Fu Panda! At first it doesn't seem any different from any other movies aimed at a younger audience, but after a closer look one can notice that this movie is more refined and have been morre cared for during production than the others. From the fur effects to the awesome matte paintings on the background everything is visually perfect and all of this is backed by an outstanding sound design that ranges from epic tracks to a beautiful and realistic lipsync to the voices of an "A Rank" cast. This is the Panda you have been looking to adopt, protect and have fun with! Expand
  45. DaveC.
    May 29, 2008
    I saw a pre-screening of this film a week ago, and absolutely loved it! Not only are all of the voice actors perfectly matched with their cgi characters, but the script is great, the action is fast paced, and the graphics are extremely well done. I'd say it is at least on par with DreamWorks' best cgi film thus far (Shrek), and is near the lofty caliber of Pixar films. (For a I saw a pre-screening of this film a week ago, and absolutely loved it! Not only are all of the voice actors perfectly matched with their cgi characters, but the script is great, the action is fast paced, and the graphics are extremely well done. I'd say it is at least on par with DreamWorks' best cgi film thus far (Shrek), and is near the lofty caliber of Pixar films. (For a reference point: Expand
  46. DRewF
    Jun 11, 2008
    The very definition of mediocrity.
  47. JNels
    Jun 15, 2008
    Fantastic action scenes and Jack Black knocks the ball out of the park. Hilarious to boot.
  48. JacobL.
    Jun 22, 2008
    Kung Fu Panda is awesome. The action scenes are great. Jack Black will make you laugh your head off. So if your worried that just because this is kids movie that it will be as bad as can be rest assured that Kung Fu Panda will blow you away.
  49. JuanK.
    Jun 23, 2008
    Great movie. The fight scenes... outstanding!.
  50. bobsomebody
    Apr 18, 2009
    There are only two conceivable reasons that I can see for NOT liking this movie: 1) You don't like Jack Black. That's okay, some people (a small minority) just don't like him! Then stop hating on this movie, because Jack Black fans are most likely to enjoy it most. 2) You think that it's "formulated" somehow, or that it has too many "cliches". My response to that is: There are only two conceivable reasons that I can see for NOT liking this movie: 1) You don't like Jack Black. That's okay, some people (a small minority) just don't like him! Then stop hating on this movie, because Jack Black fans are most likely to enjoy it most. 2) You think that it's "formulated" somehow, or that it has too many "cliches". My response to that is: you can't "formulate" good humor. This movie is one of Dreamwork's best, because the animation and voice acting work in perfect harmony. The casting for this movie was absolutely spot-on, and the script is quite fine by me. The magic of this movie relies much, but not entirely, on Jack Black's humor, so I stand by my assertion: If you like Jack Black, this movie will be perfect for you. Expand
  51. LeventeS
    Jun 23, 2009
    An extraordinary romp the the world of anthropomorphic ancient China. Kung Fu Panda is helped along by inspired voice-acting by Ian McShane, Dustin Hoffman, Randall Duk Kim, and most surprisingly, Jack Black. Also, The film's soundtrack is beautiful; the animation, awe-inspiring; the characters, well rounded; the jokes, hilarious; the set-design, beyond belief. Everything about Panda An extraordinary romp the the world of anthropomorphic ancient China. Kung Fu Panda is helped along by inspired voice-acting by Ian McShane, Dustin Hoffman, Randall Duk Kim, and most surprisingly, Jack Black. Also, The film's soundtrack is beautiful; the animation, awe-inspiring; the characters, well rounded; the jokes, hilarious; the set-design, beyond belief. Everything about Panda has been refined to its most highly perfected form and then put on display for all to enjoy. I have spent the last ten minutes trying to think of some criticism for this masterpiece, and nothing comes to mind. Now I think I'll go watch it again... I finished watching it not half an hour ago. Expand
  52. Feb 15, 2014
    Kung Fu Panda may have a simple story and some characters who aren’t given much development but that does not make this bad movie by any means. Kung Fu Panda is the best Dreamworks film, one made on their own, since Shrek 2. This film trades in excessive pop culture humor, which was getting a tad annoying in such films as Bee Movie and replaces it with heart, a good message (along with aKung Fu Panda may have a simple story and some characters who aren’t given much development but that does not make this bad movie by any means. Kung Fu Panda is the best Dreamworks film, one made on their own, since Shrek 2. This film trades in excessive pop culture humor, which was getting a tad annoying in such films as Bee Movie and replaces it with heart, a good message (along with a clever way of explaining it), and occasional slapstic. Also, the film has likeable characters and excellent animation. It is very clear that the filmmakers really cared about turning around a great product and they did. This film is definitely worth checking out. Kids will love it immediately and older kids and adults will enjoy it as well for the reasons I just stated above. This film may seem like a generic Dreamworks film but it is miles ahead of most of their stuff by actually being entertaining. For so long Dreamworks has failed to turn out something highly entertaining relying heavily on gimics and Aardman, who they chose to let go, to keep their movies afloat. This movie is a breaf of fresh air and a major turnaround for a company that had lost some steam critically following the Shrek movies. Again this film is definitely worth checking out. To Dreamworks all I have to say is this keep it up I look forward to seeing more good products from you especially the team involved on this film. This movie isn’t Pixar quality but that doesn’t stop it from being fun and entertaining Expand
  53. Oct 11, 2010
    I really had high hopes for this movie, especially when I heard Jack Black and Jackie Chan were in it. Unfortunately, I was really disappointed with the movie. With the exception of Po and Shifu, all the characters, especially the furious five, were one-dimensional. Lame plot, and I barely got to hear Jackie Chan! And now they're making a sequel? DreamWorks, unless you make this sequelI really had high hopes for this movie, especially when I heard Jack Black and Jackie Chan were in it. Unfortunately, I was really disappointed with the movie. With the exception of Po and Shifu, all the characters, especially the furious five, were one-dimensional. Lame plot, and I barely got to hear Jackie Chan! And now they're making a sequel? DreamWorks, unless you make this sequel your "Dark Knight", you won't be seeing me watching Kung Fu Panda 2. Collapse
  54. Oct 4, 2010
    This film was a stunning move by Dreamworks, rating among the top animated films of all time alongside Pixar in my opinion. The animation is breathtaking, the action superb (it is a rare feat for animated films to provide adrenaline-rushing action sequences) and the story, although carrying a familiar moral message, is simple but sweet. If Dreamworks can continue to brighten the filmThis film was a stunning move by Dreamworks, rating among the top animated films of all time alongside Pixar in my opinion. The animation is breathtaking, the action superb (it is a rare feat for animated films to provide adrenaline-rushing action sequences) and the story, although carrying a familiar moral message, is simple but sweet. If Dreamworks can continue to brighten the film industry with fun, awesome films such as this, then Pixar had better watch out! Expand
  55. Feb 24, 2011
    Funny, entertaining. Long story short, it had the lot.
  56. Jun 2, 2011
    Easily one of the best animated pictures of recent times with excellent voice talent, a solid and touching script, and a main character that we all can relate to. The film is also beautifully scored by Hans Zimmer, and at many times, the score drives the emotional and energetic levity. One of my favorites!
  57. May 31, 2011
    Kung Fu Panda is not an average kung fu film. It's great and unique. It also teaches great morals to those just starting on their path, a main one being to believe in your dreams.
  58. Dec 27, 2011
    "Kung Fu Panda" - 1 Line(ish) review! B+!

Very cool animation style, good for kids and "adults", Jack Black is great - some of the other high priced "voice talent" seemed a bit of a waste though. And I don't know how I feel about people saying that Po reminds them of me...

59. Aug 15, 2011
    This movie was very interesting for me.The main character is very unique character. At the end of this movie , He became very strong , but he was also fan.
  60. Sep 14, 2011
    This is the best comedy movie. Well animated, well taken, great action and awesome characters. Po is destined to be the dragon warrior but why can't his dad visit him.
  61. Sep 30, 2011
    it will take forever to find the flaws in this movie: there are none. the action is so spectacular, that it seems impossible to do by humans. that is where animation truly shines.
  62. Dec 4, 2011
    Wonderful movie, promises a great start to a whole series of movies of Kung Fu Panda. (Unfortunately, I recently found out after watching Kung Fu Panda 2 that they are partnering with the Nickelodeon Channel to make a Kung Fu Panda TV Series. It is quite disappointing.) Always will be a family classic. It portrays great messages, like self-discovery, strength and faith.
  63. Apr 1, 2012
    This would be a 9.25 out of 10. Animation is really good. It looks pretty cool. Acting is real good. Music and story are really good as well. It also has really good action scenes, and is sometimes real funny. Overall, this is a great film. You and your family should go and see it.
  64. May 14, 2012
    Kung Fu Panda is easily one of the best Dreamwork movie. It haves a great plot and a well animation. It haves even funny moments. Overall is a peaceful and extreme movie. Worth watching. (9.4)
  65. Nov 3, 2013
    I quite enjoyed "Kung Fu Panda". It has lots of funny scenes and great Kung Fu animations. But the plot is predictable that's the weakness. It lacks surprises but it's definitely recommended for kids.
  66. Mar 27, 2013
    A fabulous coming of age tale of an overweight panda (Jack Black) who meets his idols, the Furious Five, kung-fu masters. Angelina Jolie, Lucy Liu and David Cross are among the cast, joined by Dustin Hoffman as Master Shifu.
  67. Jul 4, 2013
    Dreamwork's Animation's continuation of different animals talking to each other, while doing unusual things that the animal species usually does not do still bothers me, but has little to affect this film. While "Kung Fu Panda" may feel a bit cliche and developed to mainly kids, it still brings a huge number of laughs and is fun to watch. Kung Fu Panda also suffers with the fact that itDreamwork's Animation's continuation of different animals talking to each other, while doing unusual things that the animal species usually does not do still bothers me, but has little to affect this film. While "Kung Fu Panda" may feel a bit cliche and developed to mainly kids, it still brings a huge number of laughs and is fun to watch. Kung Fu Panda also suffers with the fact that it feels done before, just kid-fied and with animals (it reminded me alot of Karate Kid). The universe is odd animals fighting each other and wearing clothes?. While it's an odd premise and a simple one at that, it's still funny and will leave you and your kids to laugh (especially your kids). Expand
  68. May 23, 2014
    " There is no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness."

" There is no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness."

Not since Shrek has Dreamworks Animation been on top of it's game, Kung Fu Panda is a delightful animated comedy that thrives on its gorgeous animation, thrilling fighting sequences, its humorous dialog, and its top notch voice acting. Kung Fu Panda may suffer from its cliched story with the whole "believe in yourself" thing but that does't take about from how heartwarming it still can be. I remember when this first came out and it looking freaking beautiful even to this day that the animation is still something to be amazed about.

The film follows Po(Jack Black) a panda working at his father's noodle shop in the Valley of Peace and only wishes that he can be something more. On this participial day it just so happens to be that the dragon warrior is going to be picked, Po rushes to get into the celebration but is late. Determined to see the Dragon Warrior and the legendary "Furious Five" Tigress(Angelina Jolie), Monkey(Jackie Chan), Mantis(Seth Rogen), Viper(Lucy Liu), and Crane(David Cross) Po sticks fireworks to a chair so he can fly over the wall. He ends up putting too much fireworks on the chair and goes flying the air to only drop right down in the middle of the arena in front of Oogway the valleys spiritual leader just as he is picking the new Dragon Warrior and it ends up being Po.

From here we see master Shifu(Dustin Hoffman) and the Furious Five try to make Po leave by being mean to him and taking it hard on him in training as they do not believe he is or can be the Dragon Warrior. It's not till sometime on till some of the Furious Five start to warm up to Po. All that stops when Tai Lung(Ian McShane) the pupil of master Shifu breaks out of prison to came back and become the Dragon Warrior himself, something he thought he deserved all along. The Furious Five sets out to fight Tai Lung while Po questions if he can really be the true Dragon Warrior. Well after a talk with master Shifu Po and him figure out that food is a great way for him to train. Cue the montage and now Po is a great kung fu fighter and worthy the "Dragon Scroll" a ancient scroll said to give limitless power to that who possesses it. Well Tai Lung beats all of the Furious Five makes his way to the palace where him and master Shifu fight until Po steps in and ends up betting him.

The actions scenes were amazing and a thrill to watch, the mix of the slow down/speed up in the fighting was a excellent way to make it still humorous. Jack Black voicing Po Was perfection i do not think they could have picked a better person, the rest of the cast all did solid performances but the way the story plays out Angelina Jolie's character has a bigger role then the rest of the Furious Five. James Hong as Mr. Ping(Po's father) is so awesome, the guy is such a funny actor he plays a goose in the film but they don't address that issue until the second film.

Overall i give it a 8.0
  69. Nov 12, 2013
    Warm, touching, and fruitful script, coupled with amazing animation technique, make this kung fu parody funny and entertaining. Excellent voice choices, in particular Jack Black, and, surprising, a lack of the common corny plot lines in regular animation. Loved it since it came out.
  70. Mar 1, 2014
    A great family movie, as well as engaging as a story itself, Kung Fu Panda is well-executed, has great animation, and features beautiful shots of gardens, palaces, and mountains in China.
  71. Nov 26, 2013
    I shouldn't say that this was a bad movie, because it wasn't. Although, the beginning was hard to watch, but it got a lot better, with the comedy I've come to love about the whole movie.
  72. Nov 13, 2013
    Kung Fu Panda is spectacular.
    The movie from start to finish works with the very enjoyable personalities of its characters. The animation is good, the pacing is perfect, and the screenplay is dynamic.
  73. Nov 23, 2014
    Kung Fu Panda es, sin dudas, una película de Dreamworks que logra entretener a las personas con buenos gags, además de que es una gran película familiar.
  74. Jul 23, 2014
    Kung Fu Panda, along with other animated films, is one of my favorite summer entertainment ever! Jack Black does well with his likable character, Po. The rest of the voice actors is also great and the animation is stunning. Another thrilling DreamWorks movie :)
  75. Oct 13, 2014
    It's great, the title felt kinda' misleading, and I thought it wasn't going to be that great, but I was surprised with what I was given, I think this film is probably one Jack Black's most memorable roles. The film is a lot of fun with great animation, and cool characters.
  76. Dec 30, 2014
    I love this film. the animation is gorgeous, the fight scenes are excellently choreographed and the characters are really likeable made better by a great all star cast. the story is well written and was incredibly engaging and while it had good emotion it injected some genuinely funny comedy that wasn't completely out of place with Martial art Mythology. Jack black has never been betterI love this film. the animation is gorgeous, the fight scenes are excellently choreographed and the characters are really likeable made better by a great all star cast. the story is well written and was incredibly engaging and while it had good emotion it injected some genuinely funny comedy that wasn't completely out of place with Martial art Mythology. Jack black has never been better seriously see this. Expand
  77. Mar 11, 2015
    Outrageously entertaining! Jack Black, along with the rest of the voice cast, does an incredible job of making us believe that these animals are actually part of a kung fu team. I loved this movie from beginning to end. The witty humor, the hidden adult humor, the fight sequences, the visuals, and the storytelling, are all small parts that come together to make this movie one to remember.Outrageously entertaining! Jack Black, along with the rest of the voice cast, does an incredible job of making us believe that these animals are actually part of a kung fu team. I loved this movie from beginning to end. The witty humor, the hidden adult humor, the fight sequences, the visuals, and the storytelling, are all small parts that come together to make this movie one to remember. Dreamworks has definitely hit it's mark in super-stardom. Common sense has just been kicked into me and I am ready for so much more. This movie is just not enough. Kung Fu Panda is incredible!!! Expand
  78. Jul 2, 2015
    Demostrando muito bem alguns aspectos culturais, o mundo dessa animação com seus personagens e seus cenário são bem relevantes, apesar de apresentar um humor inconveniente.
  79. Apr 17, 2015
    I miss the animation movies from my time. This is not fun, this is something that I would like to do when I can't sleep. A Kung Fu Panda, not my cup of tea

This is a solid family film material, although one suspects the children will get a little more out of it than their parents.
  2. The stroke of genius is, of course, the film's hero -- the big, lovable bear that is the Chinese panda.
  3. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    A nice looking but heavily formulaic DreamWorks animation entry.