8.7

1. TimothyF.
    Jul 25, 2002
    THE BEST MOVIE EVER!!! Screw the critics and sense-of-humor-less people. I almost died of suffication from laughter in the theater. Nuff said.
  2. ChuckW.
    Aug 4, 2002
    Most critics didn't understand the crass humor that "Kung Pow" contained, but when I saw it tears were pouring down my face from laughter. It was the cheesiest! You guys gotta relax!
  3. FloydT.
    Sep 15, 2002
    This movie is a hoot--and is meant to be. Judge it not on literary merit, but on its ingenious use of satire. Have fun and enjoy.
  4. Angel
    Sep 26, 2002
    The most silly movie I've ever seen. Pure fun.
  5. MattC.
    Feb 18, 2003
    Badong! The opposite of which is of course Gnodab! This movie was funny enough that we all said the lines so many times that we finally figured out that gnodab was badong spelled backwards!!!
  6. AaronC.
    Feb 7, 2003
    This is the single greatest movie of all time!! it looks cheap when actually a lot of thought and originality went into it.i love the bad reviews the so called movie critics gave it, there so blinded by moulin rouge and titanic they cant seem to kick back and enjoy the simple humor of this movie.Saw it twice in the theater, both times people walked out...heh heh morons.Oedekerk is god andThis is the single greatest movie of all time!! it looks cheap when actually a lot of thought and originality went into it.i love the bad reviews the so called movie critics gave it, there so blinded by moulin rouge and titanic they cant seem to kick back and enjoy the simple humor of this movie.Saw it twice in the theater, both times people walked out...heh heh morons.Oedekerk is god and a sheer genius for this film...YOUR CLOTHES ARE RED! Expand
  7. AdamH.
    Mar 13, 2003
    This is my favorite movie of ALL TIME!! This movie stands for the opposite of killing, gnodab.
  8. SteveA.
    Apr 11, 2003
    Brilliant! Original concept, funny jokes, and a fighting cow. What more do you need? I thought the previews were pretty lame, so I didn't bother watching it until a friend recommended it. I soiled myself laughing so hard. In fact, there are so many little inside jokes, I had to purchase it and view multiple times to get them all. Bring on the sequel!
  9. Spikelovesthismovie
    Jun 23, 2003
    This movie was so awesome that i dont know why i havent seen it more and that movie buff can just suck it cause he doesnt know what the heck he is talking about this movie rocks the house!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. MagsJ.
    Jun 5, 2003
    This movie kick ass!!
  11. Whoflungdung
    Jul 7, 2003
    I laughed for the entire 92 minutes!! It has to be the funniest movie I've seen in 5 years, so full of memorable quotes and scenes. I sure hope there's a sequel.
  12. VladimirZ.
    Sep 27, 2003
    This is why i dont like critics, they say something is horrible until they are paid to say something like "You should go see Crossroads, I give it a thumbs up."And then the public disagrees with the critic. This movie is the best and I will keep watching it untill I die from laughter. I will have to go through time to see the sequel and watch how the French are defeated. So long 2003.
  13. KillInc.
    Dec 21, 2004
    Kick äss.
  14. MeurisseC.
    Jun 18, 2004
    One of the best comedies ever.
  15. LeeW.
    Jun 8, 2004
    Freekin great!!
    Jul 23, 2004
    I watched this movie with some friends in a drunk mood, and I can't remember laughing like that for a long long time. Of course you could blame the alcohol for it, but the movie stays funny, even when you're sober :)
  17. GnodabC.
    Jul 24, 2004
    The tears running down my face from laughing so hard... the whale... "and then, he killed the dog" hahaha... omfg... quite possible my fav. movie..
  18. GuillermelH.
    Jul 4, 2004
    It's the best movie ever!
  19. Rob
    Aug 19, 2004
    Chances are that if you are the kind of person who doen't take yourself too seriously you'll find this movie a riot. This is silliness at its best and will probably become a cult classic over time.
  20. EfeB.
    Aug 31, 2004
    Very funny. don't listen to critics and watch it. it is understandable that the critics hate this film, as they are incapable of evaluating comedies in general. one reason might be is that the critics who write for major newspapers today are old and praise woody allen every chance they get. for them to understand kung pow is like a cat to understand jazz. i think kung pow is filled Very funny. don't listen to critics and watch it. it is understandable that the critics hate this film, as they are incapable of evaluating comedies in general. one reason might be is that the critics who write for major newspapers today are old and praise woody allen every chance they get. for them to understand kung pow is like a cat to understand jazz. i think kung pow is filled with smart jokes and clever lines that stick with you long after the viewing. i have the dvd and have seen it more than 8 times, and i am not a moron...nor my friends who love this film...nor the unquestionable amount of positive reviewers on this metacritic forum. so there you have it....we have a cult classic in our hands. Expand
  21. ryan
    Oct 17, 2005
    Old people dont like cool stuff. That's a lot of nuts.
  22. DanH.
    Apr 15, 2005
    Absolutely brilliant. These "critics" who fing this movie pathetic are probably, 95% of them, Dom Deluise fans. Just dont get it do they.
  23. ryleya.
    Apr 22, 2005
    This movie is one of the funniest editions to spoof and stupid humor that has come along in years. Most critics just dont want to admit that such a stupid (but funny) movie can be worth something.
  24. HowardD.
    Apr 25, 2005
    In my opinion the funniest movie ever made.
  25. JennieW.
    May 30, 2006
    This movie was hilarious. As a fan of silly, ridiculous comedy, it was ninety minutes of heaven for me. The physical comedy, the voices and the lines had me crying. Oedekerk did an awesome job; I think he's a comic genius. Kung Pow isn't for everyone, but it's completely hilarious for the right crowd. I'm a little surprised that critics hated it so much.
  26. ShlumGuy
    Jul 11, 2006
    I've actually seen all the movies this movie attempts to make fun of. I don't know how they fit all those subtle jokes in from the old films, and expected everyone to get them in this day and age. Alot of the jokes are actual direct references to a old kung fu films. (see "crippled masters" for a laugh at how CRAZY old kung fu films could be.) This movie really did well with me, I've actually seen all the movies this movie attempts to make fun of. I don't know how they fit all those subtle jokes in from the old films, and expected everyone to get them in this day and age. Alot of the jokes are actual direct references to a old kung fu films. (see "crippled masters" for a laugh at how CRAZY old kung fu films could be.) This movie really did well with me, and my friends. Expand
  27. JipR
    Sep 16, 2006
    funniest movie ever
  28. DanielS
    Aug 18, 2007
    Awesome movie! Most critics and people below that have listed this as a 3 or lower simply don't have an imagination or witty sense of humor, and are unable to catch humorous instances of irony and coincidence. Their humor has to be presented to them in an obvious manor (I.E. The cow scene, which is what they all say is the only redeeming feature of the film, proving my point) Awesome movie! Most critics and people below that have listed this as a 3 or lower simply don't have an imagination or witty sense of humor, and are unable to catch humorous instances of irony and coincidence. Their humor has to be presented to them in an obvious manor (I.E. The cow scene, which is what they all say is the only redeeming feature of the film, proving my point) requiring no brain usage. These are the same people who "dont get" the Naked Gun, Hot Shots, or Mel Brooks movies. If you're a normal human being without a stick jammed up your arse, you'll probably end up quoting it for some time after you watch it! Expand
  29. JasonP.
    Aug 31, 2007
    The best of the best of the best movie ever!! Now I can't wait to see the sequel!!
  30. DaveC
    Dec 3, 2009
    Absolutely hilarious.
  31. JiblathM
    Jul 1, 2009
    I know this movie required very little effort and money to create, and is not very deep, nor an original concept. That being said, this is one of my favorite movies of all time. The concept may not be original, but the execution is brilliant. The jokes are obvious, and just bizarre enough to be riotous. The pointless sound effects always make me laugh uncotrollably, and the general I know this movie required very little effort and money to create, and is not very deep, nor an original concept. That being said, this is one of my favorite movies of all time. The concept may not be original, but the execution is brilliant. The jokes are obvious, and just bizarre enough to be riotous. The pointless sound effects always make me laugh uncotrollably, and the general insanity is heartwarming. The scenes shot specifically for this movie could have used a little work, but it's excusable. However, I'm not so excited about the sequel, because I know it will never measure up to the original. This is my opinion, take it or leave it. However, be warned: I also ADORE Pootie Tang. Expand
  32. JasonB
    Jan 17, 2010
    I love this movie seen it many many times to hell with critics I like what I like not what im told is good. Only one gripe, BRING ME THE SEQUEL!!!!
  33. BenP
    Mar 23, 2010
    My favourite movie by far, i have to agree with the critics in a way, not everyone Appreciates this sort of comedic gold, Thouroghly enjoyed it, will watch again and again and itll never get old.
  34. JamesR.
    Oct 16, 2002
    What do you get when you cross an owl with a bungy cord? This was the most hilarious movie I have ever seen! My friends and I are constantly quoting funnylines.
  35. ChrisC.
    Dec 21, 2002
  36. Zoonar
    Dec 22, 2002
    This film had me in stitches. I loved it. I actually want there to be a Kung Pow 2 For a spoof they went through a lot of trouble making it look like Steve Oedekerk was actually there. I think that it was really worth it. A stupid spoof is the best comedy ever....
  37. Tiffany
    Dec 31, 2002
    Funniest & most original movie i've seen in a long time. It has great quotes and songs that stick in my head! :P
  38. JanGunnarG.
    Oct 27, 2002
    Never before have I laughed as much as I did through this movie. I actually laughed from beginning to end!
  39. PaulS.
    Jan 28, 2002
    Don't listen to the damn critics -- if you're the sort of person who likes "Mystery Science Theater 3000" in addition to "Airplane!" and "The Naked Gun," you will love this film. It's generally giggle-worthy, and sometimes devastatingly funny.
  40. OffWorlder
    Aug 12, 2002
    What is Oedekirk smoking, and where can I get some? I watched this last night at my friend?s house and LMAO. I hadn?t heard of it, and I didn?t know what it was at first, but my friend told me it was an old kung fu film from the 70s that this guy Steve Oedekirk took and made into a parody of martial arts films. He put himself into the movie instead of the hero, and he re-dubbed all the What is Oedekirk smoking, and where can I get some? I watched this last night at my friend?s house and LMAO. I hadn?t heard of it, and I didn?t know what it was at first, but my friend told me it was an old kung fu film from the 70s that this guy Steve Oedekirk took and made into a parody of martial arts films. He put himself into the movie instead of the hero, and he re-dubbed all the dialog with these really funny voices and made all the characters seem like psychos or perverts or idiots. It?s kind of like Mystery Science Theater 3000, which I also love. If you like it too, or any sort of stupid parody humor, you?ll probably really like this. I have to get my own DVD so I can show people how funny this thing is. I hope he makes more like this. Expand
  41. GaryZ.
    Sep 21, 2002
    Great movie, some parts aren't funny but most is, what's with the critics? Maybe they werent paying attention most of the time when they were seeing the movie... Hehe... my balls to your fist style... that joke still gets me everytime.
  42. JohnD.
    Sep 25, 2002
    I liked it because it was like the only movie i could not stop laughing, and it is making fun of fighting and what could be any more exsiting.
  43. BobK.
    Nov 20, 2003
    This is the funniest movie I have ever seen. Me and my mates have seen it at least 5 times and quote it at least once a week. Can't wait for the rest of the trilogy! (Yes I said trilogy. Steve Odekirk said that he intended to make it a trilogy when he started.)
  44. Mads-owespjell
    Feb 14, 2003
    Awesome silly genious hardcore comedy! Love this movie! its the only movie i've ever seen over 10times exept StarWars series!
  45. RichI.
    Feb 16, 2003
    WeeeoohhhhWWeeeeeeeooohhhhWWwweeeeeeooooohh!
  46. Ben
    Feb 18, 2003
    I gave this movie a ten, because it shows what Steve Oedekerk and crew can really do. Even though it may be a bit boring, it brings a new world to filmaking.
  47. AndyP.
    Mar 14, 2003
    This is one of those movies with no in-between feelings; you'll either love it or you'll hate it depending on who you are. I personaly loved the film because, unlike most critics who gave it a bad rating, I have actually seen old Kung-fu movies and can understand the jokes behind it. Make no mistake, this is easily one of the best spoofs of all time, but I don't recommend This is one of those movies with no in-between feelings; you'll either love it or you'll hate it depending on who you are. I personaly loved the film because, unlike most critics who gave it a bad rating, I have actually seen old Kung-fu movies and can understand the jokes behind it. Make no mistake, this is easily one of the best spoofs of all time, but I don't recommend it if you haven't seen too many karate flicks. Expand
  48. Nick
    Mar 25, 2003
    All i have to say is this...me and my friends at work have gone over this movie for about a month after we saw it for the first time....nonstop! we've said every joke, mentioned every scene, and more or less told the movie through its entirety with our words. Yet, this is still the funniest movie i have ever seen.
  49. JoeM.
    Apr 18, 2003
    I mean, come on, if you don't think its funny, you must not understand it.
  50. GregK.
    Apr 26, 2003
    EVERYONE LOOK HERE!!! OK this Movie if your going to watch it sober of any way then maybe this isn't the movie to watch. yes there are funny parts but overall you will think it is dumb. But this movie was made for if you are Drunk, Blazed, etc. the movie will trip with you in more ways then one. With the camera playbacks and mouthing of words will keep you laughing litterally the whole time!
  51. SM
    Jun 24, 2003
    every line, every character, every scene is with out a doubt memorable in some way...... only watching it once, I've learned the entire script and how to mimic each voice........ 10 out 10
  52. ComodyBoy
    Jun 26, 2003
    Funniest Movie I have ever seen Steve Oedekerk is a genius.
  53. BillyP.
    Aug 18, 2003
    Blow it out your ass if you don't like it. If you don't like it, don't watch it, and CERTAINLY don't post anything against it.
  54. thenameisBettyhenwood
    Aug 22, 2003
    This is the most hilarious movie I have ever seen! Betty is awesome. I can't wait to see the sequel. Go Betty!
  55. AndrewR.
    Sep 22, 2003
    This movie was the best I laughed my ass off the whole time.
  56. DavidK.
    Jan 14, 2004
    One of the unniest movies i have ever seen.
  57. LanceU.
    Oct 16, 2004
    This is the funniest movie I will ever watched in my life and will probablly remain so (until the sequal). Even today me and my friends are quoting such classic lines like "you broke a thermometer in my hands" and "you must be pretty good to get past my cow."
  58. ZeroTheHero
    Mar 14, 2004
    Watched this film when having a depressing bad day, spent the next month talking complete nonsense to people ad imploring them to watch this film. It is brilliant but would avoid it if you have had a sense of humour bypass operation.
  59. GordoValor
    Mar 19, 2004
    I recomended it to all the people I know... Extremely Hilarious and fun!!! Im already waiting to the sequel. Enter the Fist ROCKS!!! Tongues of FURY will ROCK!!!!!
  60. ChriosK.
    Apr 16, 2004
    This movie is simply genius and had me crying with pure laughter, and i was horrified to read such terrible reviews. You have to be mental to really appreciate its potential.
  61. DavidR.
    Apr 17, 2004
    This is one of the most funny and strange movies I have ever seen. Bravo.
  62. MikeQ.
    Apr 28, 2004
    This is the dumbest movie ever; however, that is what makes Kung Pow completely laugh-out-loud hilarious.
  63. ChrisC.
    Jul 21, 2004
  64. BonehoC.
    Jul 25, 2004
    I do remember have very very bad expectations before watching this movie and I haven't even heard ANYTHING about it. But after half way between the movie or so it I realized it's quite possibly the funniest movie I've ever seen. I can understand some people might find some of the jokes annoying but I wouldn't use that as an excuse to give this movie a 0. Obviously the I do remember have very very bad expectations before watching this movie and I haven't even heard ANYTHING about it. But after half way between the movie or so it I realized it's quite possibly the funniest movie I've ever seen. I can understand some people might find some of the jokes annoying but I wouldn't use that as an excuse to give this movie a 0. Obviously the critics didn't understand the movie. My dad also saw this movie with me and he was cracking up with me. (My dad doesn't usually do that. The only other movie I can think of when he cracked up that much was Monty Python and the Holy Grail.) I still crack up at the jokes in this movie and because of that it deserves a 10. Expand
  65. RaúlV.
    Aug 26, 2004
    You must be a very open minded person to understand every stuppid joke in this movie. Betty, I shall honor you forever!
  66. RichH.
    Sep 23, 2004
    This is one of the greatest films on earth! laough-out-loud funny!! could not just see it once... had to see it a dozen times more!
  67. PattonM.
    Oct 13, 2005
    The critics really have gone too far being so harsh to this innocent and funny parody. They must not get the point of this film to thrash it like that!! Some parts were a little too silly, but the rest made up for it! WE-OO-WE-OO-WE-OO!
  68. Epixsavior
    Feb 22, 2005
    I have noticed 2 sides of the argument to the response of kung pow. On one hand you have (pretty much) all the major critics in America, and a few others, calling it the most sophomoric movie ever made, and you have on the other hand those who swear that it is the god of all spoof movies. Now I can love the hell out of a thoughtful foriegn indie drama as much as the next critic, but i I have noticed 2 sides of the argument to the response of kung pow. On one hand you have (pretty much) all the major critics in America, and a few others, calling it the most sophomoric movie ever made, and you have on the other hand those who swear that it is the god of all spoof movies. Now I can love the hell out of a thoughtful foriegn indie drama as much as the next critic, but i have to side with the spoof fanatics on this one. I feel that perhaps the critics put far too much seriousness and thought into critique-ing kung pow, immediately thinking of comparisons to what's up, tiger lily, and therefore automatically thinking that this movie is dated beyond it's years and that it has already been done, and thus there does not need to be another kung fu spoof movie. But this movie isn't really a spoof as it is just a comedy that uses an obscure kung-fu movie as it's muse for idiotic jokes that perhaps only steve odenkirk thought only he would find funny. He could've been right, but of course deep down inside we all have to admit that no matter how much we have matured in our lives or how sophisticated we think we are, we all still are immature as we ever were, so why should our sense of humor be any different? And let's say that this was just another kung fu spoof ( ingnoring the fact that steve o. took it a step further by recreating and inputting himself into the movie, and all the staggering technical work he had to do as a director to make it feasible), then critics need to remember that there is really no idea or genre that is really, truly unique any more and that during the rest of the span of the entertainment industry's existance there is going to be at least one other director other than woody allen that will think a kung fu spoof movie will be funny to make and will get movie corperations to back it up. Now that I have fought for the fanatics, let me explain why this movie only get's a nine from me. A: Even though I find the movie to be mind-numbingly, stupidly hilarious there is still a problem with it's focus. Instead of taking the oppertunity to make fun of all the things inherent in old kung fu movies (like piss poor production values and inane and over forced melodrama) steve o. instead decides to just insert the most rediculous and insane joke ideas he can think of inputing at particular points of the movie. Now don't get me wrong, I love his immature and warped sense of humor, but with a movie that has an ambitious production concept (of remaking and incerting characters into pre-existing film) you would his concept for the script would just as ambitious, but instead he kinda take the easy way out and does funny dub over dialogue exactly like what me and my friend "zoadac" do on the korean broadcasting channel by turning down the volume and saying the first thing pops into our head for specific characters on screen. Well, I can forgive him for that almost entirely, but i do understand why at least why some critics hated it. And B: Steve O. made a mistake in my book of "acceptable things directors with visions should do" by not keeping this movie an indie produced, indie released and a self owned movie. He originally funded kung pow and owned the rights himself. Now that he has signed with 20th century fox for ownership, marketing and distirbution for the film, there's no garantee that parts 2 and 3 will be made, espescially since the first one only made $15 million at the box office (good for unmarketable indie movies, really bad for nationally realeased major studio films). Plus I can only imagine how 20th century fox is further going to put their influence into parts 2 and 3, assuming they get made, both budgetwise and concept/vision wise. I, as someone who wants to be a director of his own trilogy arc film series someday, feels sorry for him that his vision may be compromised, but more importantly, I feel angry, because he took the chance and made a risk of not having part 2 and 3 made by being with 20th century. I mean, how could I live in a world where a movie with such classic lines like "you broke a thermometer...in my hand", "what do you get when you cross an owl with a bungie cord? My ass. ha ha." and "Owweeeowweeeooo" doesn't have a sequel?! let's just hope and pray to god there is one and that it doesn't have to go strieght to video. Expand
  69. aaronj.
    Mar 25, 2005
    Oedekerk is a genius! this is the funniest movie i have evern seen. cannot wait for no 2.
  70. thechosenone
    Apr 26, 2005
    Me and my friends, here in germany, are great fans of this movie now. it's just have NO SENCE, that's what I like most. I'm excited of the 2nd part...didn't found it yet.
  71. AngelicaA.
    Jan 24, 2006
    I thought that this was the best movie ever. i liked it ecause it hd a lot of odd humor. It really KICKED ASS!!! I also loved it because it was so hilarious that i actuly fell off the bed laughing. and my bed is pretty big. Kick ass, and kick ass again, because The Chosen One and Toungie are here to save the day.
  72. MrR.
    Jan 18, 2007
    I watched this film a few years back and I often still find myself in stitches now just thinking about it. The plot is...not there, but frankly, I was laughing to hard to care. Ignore the critics, this is great.
  73. MichaelB.
    Jan 22, 2007
    It has many shortfalls but two things redeem it. Despite the comments from the critics, there are enough good gags to get you from one end of the movie to the other. More importantly is the imaginative premise of the movie - take an old corny kung fu flick and use computer technology to superimpose a leading man onto it, ceating a whole new movie!
  74. StuartF
    Oct 14, 2008
    Easily the funniest movie i have seen. So many good quotes it keeps you laughing the entire time. I still say quote many lines to this day.
  75. peterG.
    Jul 27, 2008
    Best movie ever! hilarious idk how they came up with this stuff but its friggin amazing!
  76. Kleptomanic
    Dec 21, 2009
    One of the most hilarious Movies I ever watched awesome.
  77. HikaruO
    Aug 15, 2009
    This movie is incredibly funny. even though it's just a parody of a bunch of random Chinese kung-fu movies, it's still amazingly enjoyable and fun to watch, the jokes are laugh-out-loud funny, and the blue-screen effects are very well done. Bottom line: There was nothing bad about it, I would kill myself to find out if the movie had a flaw, because there are none, this is the This movie is incredibly funny. even though it's just a parody of a bunch of random Chinese kung-fu movies, it's still amazingly enjoyable and fun to watch, the jokes are laugh-out-loud funny, and the blue-screen effects are very well done. Bottom line: There was nothing bad about it, I would kill myself to find out if the movie had a flaw, because there are none, this is the best movie I have ever seen, the critics who said the movie sucked don't deserve to be called critics, watch this movie. NOW!! Expand
  78. AndrewB.
    Nov 11, 2002
    My Undies!!! i love the betty boxers!!! This is the best movie EVER!!! What DO you get when u cross a owl W/A bungee chord? MY ASS!!!
  79. SkysharkElwinSmith
    Nov 28, 2002
    This movie is the BEST!!! It has so much funny and dumb stuff, that you have to take it (as a movie), and Steve Oedekerk (as an actor) seriously! Perfect ten!
  80. IanT.
    Nov 21, 2003
    I am constantly renting comedies to cheer me up and failing miserably. Kung Pow and a six pack did the trick, it made me laugh harder than any film in recent memory.
  81. jer1mack
    Nov 21, 2005
    Cetics can be cetics idk that movie one of the best.
  82. BoriC.
    Dec 14, 2005
    It's very postmodern. Freaking radcore, man.
  83. MatthewK
    Nov 29, 2006
    Despite what the reviews say, this is actually a hillariously funny movie. I saw it on television one night and couldn't stop laughing. Usually, I hate sophomoric humor, but Kung Pow! really cracked me up.
  84. DanB.
    Dec 31, 2006
    I love this movie; it's not a epic or a masterpiece but it's absolutely hilarious. To take this movie seriously is to completely miss the point; gopher-chuks, a Kung Fu Master named Betty, and characters like Wimp Lo just do not fit into a serious narrative/storyline. The focus of this movie was on the humor, and judging it from any other aspect is taking it completely out of context
  85. KainB.
    Dec 17, 2009
    Man, I just love this movie. I remember seeing the previews before the movie was released, and I thought it looked absolutely awful (not at all funny). I saw the movie long after it's release (not because I wanted to), and I do not know that I have ever laughed so hard during a movie in my life (this does not include Mystery Science Theater skewered flicks, of course). The concept is Man, I just love this movie. I remember seeing the previews before the movie was released, and I thought it looked absolutely awful (not at all funny). I saw the movie long after it's release (not because I wanted to), and I do not know that I have ever laughed so hard during a movie in my life (this does not include Mystery Science Theater skewered flicks, of course). The concept is great and fairly original. I am very picky when it comes to comedies, but there is something about this 'stupid humor' movie that just gets to me. Oh well, to each his/her own, but do not overlook this movie simply because of the 14/100 critic score. Expand
  86. joonh.
    Dec 18, 2009
    Adding my support to one of my favorite movies. I can watch this movie all day everyday. Comic genius, special effect brilliance... it's a shame there aren't more movies like this one.
  87. Jul 17, 2014
    This film is random, weird, and hilarious. I don't know why the critics have rated it so low. It's a well done parody / tribute to the 70s martial art films, with out of sync hilarious voice overs. I wish they made a sequel for this. I don't care what the negative reviews have to say, this film was brilliant.
  88. Jun 13, 2011
    Absolute ridiculous fun. If you just suspend your disbelief and expect nothing less, this film is a blast from beginning to end. A spoof and a tribute to the 70's martial arts epic films, it does a good job of being an intentionally horrible spoof but a great tribute nonetheless. The horrible dubbing, editing, bad jokes and campiness adds to the fun of the film. A must watch.
  89. Dec 11, 2010
    If you're just a regular person, this is a really, really funny movie.?
    Don't listen to the critics - those people are far too closed-minded to be able to appreciate this, some might say, 'unorthodox' humour. It is very crazy, but that's the idea of it, and that is what makes it so funny.
    If you're just a regular person, this is a really, really funny movie.?
    It uses classic tricks that are used in a lot of dubs to make it funny, and succeeds in what it aims to do - be weird-in-a-funny-way.
    The critics are far too stuck in their mainstream-comedy ways to appreciate this alternative kind of comedy. If YOU have heard good things from YOUR friends or you just think it sounds like the kind of thing you would like, get the DVD and watch it, because they will almost definitely be right.

Enjoy :)
  90. Jun 28, 2011
    A memorable and insanely quotable comedy, parodying old martial arts movies to great effect. The comedy is silly, ridiculous and brilliant. Though it temporarily sags in the middle this is still a fantastic movie and one which people should see regardless of critic reviews.
  91. Jan 1, 2012
    THE GREATEST FILM EVER MADE! What's that have a different opinion? Your opinion is wrong cry about it.
  92. Dec 5, 2011
    Its one of those films so stupid that its good. I really enjoyed it and it featured quite a few classic moments that are well worth watching. It also gives a huge diss to dubbed over martial arts movies, Which is pretty funny.
  93. Feb 12, 2012
    This is a movie that the critics clearly do not get. The movie is all about laughs no matter what. If the critics fail to realize that then don't take their 1 or 2 score for granted. Its one of the funniest movies I saw as a kid and rewatching it I still laughed just as hard.
  94. Oct 22, 2014
    The film is absolutely silly, and I guess you need a certain humour to appreciate it. But never have I ever laughed so hard. If you're a fan of puns, watch it.
  95. May 12, 2014
    **** these uppity "professional" critics. Apparently they don't know what spoof means. If I could get paid to be a snobby elitist I suppose I'd act like that too.
  96. Feb 23, 2015
    This is truly amazing. Priceless. The cow fight scene is already a classic. Those funny voices are always in my mind. I can't help but say "My name is Betty" all the time because it's ridiculously funny. Do yourself a favor and watch this movie on a regular basis. It will make your life better.
  97. ChrisC.
    Mar 27, 2010
  98. StephenC.
    May 8, 2008
    One of those rare movies that critics hate but everyone else seems to love. It's stupid and ridiculous and I love it because of that. You just don't mind. The mixing of old footage with new is very well done. One of my fav comedies.
  99. GlennS.
    Oct 6, 2002
    Better than masterbating.
  100. AG
    Sep 1, 2002
    This is the stupidest, most immature, inane, lame, overdone and absolutely hilarious. It's a perfect party movie for a "guy's night out". It's much funnier than the critics will ever give it credit possibly because the jokes are so stupidly funny and also because it's been done before. This movie is much funnier than the REAL bad comedies of the year ("Serving Sara", This is the stupidest, most immature, inane, lame, overdone and absolutely hilarious. It's a perfect party movie for a "guy's night out". It's much funnier than the critics will ever give it credit possibly because the jokes are so stupidly funny and also because it's been done before. This movie is much funnier than the REAL bad comedies of the year ("Serving Sara", "Sorority Boys"). I guess this movie will connect or it won't. For me it did and it was very funny. Expand

Overwhelming dislike - based on 14 Critics

Where the hell are those Hollywood Ninja Assassins when you really need 'em?
  2. Reviewed by: Eddie Cockrell
    Consistently silly and intermittently laugh-out-loud funny spoof.
  3. Silly, perfect fun.