8.8

1. Nov 26, 2011
    Hilariously funny and a priceless comedy that will keep you laughing till the end. I really enjoyed it and I am sure a lot of others would enjoy it too.
  2. Apr 14, 2012
    For some reason it won't allow me to adjust my rating to a ten. Consider that a bug. This is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen, and I don't know what the hell the critics were smoking when they rated it.
  3. Feb 20, 2012
    This movie is hilarious from start to finish. Its the parody of parody films imo. I am super pissed off that they didnt make a sequel (as hinted in the film). A must see comedy imo.
  4. Apr 26, 2012
    This Metacritic page is a prime example of why 90 year olds and kids who like Jersey Shore shouldn't be allowed to act as professional critics. They both have the same taste in slapstick: None.

Kung Pow is a flat out classic of slapstick, and if I find out any of Critics who reviewed this poorly ever gave a better review to ANY Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer movie, I will personally
    track them down and spend the rest of my life defecating on their porch every morning. Expand
  5. Jun 13, 2011
    Absolute ridiculous fun. If you just suspend your disbelief and expect nothing less, this film is a blast from beginning to end. A spoof and a tribute to the 70's martial arts epic films, it does a good job of being an intentionally horrible spoof but a great tribute nonetheless. The horrible dubbing, editing, bad jokes and campiness adds to the fun of the film. A must watch.
  6. Sep 14, 2010
    Needs to be watched with friends. As good as Top Secret. I don't think a sequel will work but hey.... Those sight gags and jokes would not normally work but they did.
  7. Dec 11, 2010
    If you're just a regular person, this is a really, really funny movie.?
    Don't listen to the critics - those people are far too closed-minded to be able to appreciate this, some might say, 'unorthodox' humour. It is very crazy, but that's the idea of it, and that is what makes it so funny.
    It uses classic tricks that are used in a lot of dubs to make it funny, and succeeds in what it aims
    to do - be weird-in-a-funny-way.
    The critics are far too stuck in their mainstream-comedy ways to appreciate this alternative kind of comedy. If YOU have heard good things from YOUR friends or you just think it sounds like the kind of thing you would like, get the DVD and watch it, because they will almost definitely be right.

Enjoy :)
  8. Feb 18, 2012
    Stupidly funny, and I do mean stupidly, you will be laughing through most scenes but some just feel absolutely stupid and pointless, but this is a spoof similar to other spoof movie like the Scary Movie series and Super Hero Movie, so if you like those you wil probably like this one, just keep in mind it's not the most intelligent thing in the world but if you come just expecting to laugh at some immature humor you will not be disappointed. Expand
  9. Jun 28, 2011
    A memorable and insanely quotable comedy, parodying old martial arts movies to great effect. The comedy is silly, ridiculous and brilliant. Though it temporarily sags in the middle this is still a fantastic movie and one which people should see regardless of critic reviews.
  10. Jan 1, 2012
    THE GREATEST FILM EVER MADE! What's that have a different opinion? Your opinion is wrong cry about it.
  11. Dec 5, 2011
    Its one of those films so stupid that its good. I really enjoyed it and it featured quite a few classic moments that are well worth watching. It also gives a huge diss to dubbed over martial arts movies, Which is pretty funny.
  12. Feb 12, 2012
    This is a movie that the critics clearly do not get. The movie is all about laughs no matter what. If the critics fail to realize that then don't take their 1 or 2 score for granted. Its one of the funniest movies I saw as a kid and rewatching it I still laughed just as hard.
  13. Oct 7, 2012
    This movie was maybe 30 minutes too long, but other than that, it was insanely funny. Critics hated it because critics are morons, and this was from the days before every critic in the universe started basing their opinions on what they thought the internet wanted to hear.
  14. Jul 17, 2014
    This film is random, weird, and hilarious. I don't know why the critics have rated it so low. It's a well done parody / tribute to the 70s martial art films, with out of sync hilarious voice overs. I wish they made a sequel for this. I don't care what the negative reviews have to say, this film was brilliant.
  15. Apr 13, 2013
    Complete crap. And I mean, a 2 hour film of just a steaming pile of doo would be more interesting than this. Other than there be NO cohesiveness with the film, it was basically just old Kung Fu footage with "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah" dubbed over ALL of it. I hated it, and am still kicking myself for not turning it off after 5 minutes. I leave more talent tightly coiled in a toilet. People that thought this was "hilarious" was either high or drunk when they saw this. Expand
  16. Nov 22, 2013
    How can this movie not be loved? It never takes itself seriously and has some great laughs!! That's a LOTTA NUTS! My favourite comedy of all time. I see the critics gave it extremely low scores. Their dreams must have died with them growing to morbid. This never pretends to a good movie, but a fun one it sure it!
  17. Sep 22, 2011
    I cannot pretend to know how the professional critics think, but I figure it is a good guess to imagine that they are not the sort that care (or maybe just don't have the time) to go and watch a handful of 70s and 80s Hong Kong films. Ergo their understandable inability to judge such movie properly.
    Just as with "What's up Tiger Lilly", Woody Allen's spoof-masterpiece of the exact same
    style, you need a modicum of Asian fighting B-movie going to be able to appreciate it. If you don't, this film will make as much sense and be as much fun as political cartooning from a country you've never lived in.

If you've ever enjoyed (for any reason, be that aesthetic or masochistic) martial arts films, and you have that minimal experience required, you will laugh. Lots.
    Not a 10, since there are some slow moments, but less than an 8 would be ungrateful to the makers of this comedy.
  18. Nov 17, 2011
    Me and my friends can watch the movie again and again and it just won't get old. All those tropes from martial arts movies being spoofed like this is simply hilarious. A definite recommendation.
  19. Oct 7, 2013
    Anyone giving this a red vote/review has missed the point. This movie's not supposed to be mature, deep and serious. Its purpose is to dish out crass, cheap and silly jokes. That's the whole reason the movie exists. It entertains those who get it. Some of the scenes like the cow fight have been instant classic, being reused in various videos. I think that tells something about this movie. Sure, it's not perfect; some of the scene transitions could've been done better and streamlined more seemlessly, but for a low budget film, this goes down as one of the best mock movies in history. Expand
  20. Aug 14, 2013
    critics need to quit taking things up the butt and just enjoy the damn movie! "ohhhhh this movie lacked posh.....ohhhhh this humor lacked wit......ohhhh this humor lacked-" OHHHHH IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT THIS HUMOR LACKED! lol but really though critics expect everything to be so damn posh and mannerized, and if a movie comes around and tries to be silly, they act so harsh toward it cause it didnt fit their cup of tea! critics need to loosen their blouses, untighten their belt buckles, sit back, relax, and enjoy the movie for what it is, not what you expect of it!

overall this movie was downright silly and hilarious! i was laughing throughout the whole movie, unlike a lot of comedy movies these days where i have to force myself to laugh! this movie made me laugh without me having to force myself! lol its goofy and silly movie, and its not serious at all and it doesnt expect you to take it seriously! if you take the movie for what it is then you will enjoy it! dont be expecting anything out of it, cause this movie might not fit what you expected it to be!

9 out of 10!
  21. Nov 19, 2012
    I was compelled to create an account solely to defend this movie. The critics' reaction baffles me. This is literally the funniest movie I have ever seen. It's that simple. Beyond comedy, are there any other redeeming qualities to it? Is the plot mildly interesting or poignant? No. But it will make you laugh. HARD.
  22. Jul 2, 2014
    Absolute garbage. I laughed maybe once for the whole 90 minutes (when the lion in the sky appears and calls the main character simba). I understand what they were trying to do with the bad dubbing and stuff, but that stops being funny after the first few times. Definitely one of the worst movies ever made.
  23. Apr 13, 2013
    Watched it the first time 10 years ago, and still makes me ROFL now: Great movie, love the raw comedy.
    A word for the critics: "When seeing is believing, those who program what we see can influence what we believe" Anonymous
  24. Jul 2, 2013
    Give it a 10, if you're so great
    why would you give this movie a 0 out of 100, it's the funniest movie from 2002, it's even better than most of these days movies, critics you think losing is winning.
    I remember a long time ago, when a friend told me there would be a chosen one.
    I really like the band N-Sync. My favorite member is Harpo. I think there's a Harpo. If not there should be.

So which score should i choose?
    How many points? Would you say 10 million?
    this movie has everything to make you feel great but i only can give it a 10.
  25. Aug 5, 2013
    This one of those movie in which the main purpose is to give light hearted comedic reliefs. I do not know why this was panned by critics, maybe because of the less number of cast but nonetheless it was a funny movie to watch with lots of crazy sequences and some good old references to the Hong Kong's 70's era Kung Fu movies.
  26. Dec 5, 2013
    I registered for this site solely because of the baffling professional critics reviews. I am flabbergasted. I can assume only that interesting comedies are funny only if certain directors are listed in the credits. It makes me doubt (even more) dunderheads who get paid to be snotty. Not that I am irritated.
  27. May 12, 2014
    **** these uppity "professional" critics. Apparently they don't know what spoof means. If I could get paid to be a snobby elitist I suppose I'd act like that too.
  28. Mar 3, 2014
    This is a very funny movie. I hate it when funny movies get such a hard time. Plain and simple a very silly but a funny movie. I give this movie a 8 out of 10. Thanks for reading.
  29. Apr 15, 2014
    This movie is hilarious. It's a combo if comedy aimed at bad dubbing, old martial arts flicks, the movie industry itself, Monty Python and everything you could think of. I tried so hard to get people to go see it with me and no one would because the original trail of where is was was just the vow scene that was about the matrix, but I bought it on VHS and showed a friend of mine and we loved it, we quote it today still. This movie is very good and number two was promised and should be delivered. I own it on VHS, DVD ( on my third) I give it as gifts. It's silly in the vein of three amigos. Good silliness. Expand

Overwhelming dislike - based on 14 Critics

Where the hell are those Hollywood Ninja Assassins when you really need 'em?
  2. Reviewed by: Eddie Cockrell
    Consistently silly and intermittently laugh-out-loud funny spoof.
  3. Silly, perfect fun.