6.6

1. Jul 10, 2013
    No question this film is the start of a drop off for Shyamalan, but call me crazy I still enjoy watching this film as a ridiculous, bizzare, and overall nonsensical bit of fun.
  2. Mar 9, 2013
    This film should be retitled "Forgetting M. Night Shyamalan."
  3. Feb 24, 2013
    OK, what kind of drugs is M. Night Shyamalan on and how can I get some!? This is one weird, tripped out movie! Overall it's was good, but just very very weird. It has Shyamalan's typical, dark, methodical, presence, as well as his unique brand of humor. What's not typical thou is this story. I don't give spoilers, so let's just say the whole movie I was either saying WTF?!?! or WOW that's cool! It's a strange one, but unique and imaginative. It took me a little while to figure out, but ultimately I decided, I liked it! Expand
  4. Aug 17, 2012
    I've said my personal opinion of M. Night Shyamalan's movies. The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, and Signs are personally my favorite's from him. But his movies started to get to bland, boring, and silly. This film....is unbelievably boring. The plot is boring, the characters are boring, the dialogue is boring, THIS MOVIE IS BORING!!! I can't remember one thing about this movie with falling asleep.
  5. Mar 3, 2012
    Another step in the rapid implosion of Shyamalan's career. After Unbreakable, Signs (not bad but only so-so), The Village, The Happening, this awful mess, The Last Airbender and Devil (even if it's just his name slapped on it, he's gotta take some credit for it), I don't expect to be hearing much more of this one-hit-wonder again.
  6. May 6, 2011
    Meh. This movie is a little too heavy-handed for its own good, but if you can forgive that, then it turns out to be a pretty good fairy tale horror-fantasy with some decent scares and laughs.
  7. Sep 13, 2010
    Critical reviews for a movie that, if you just checked your brain at the door, you could've enjoyed it. This movie is so far out there and is a fun movie. Don't incorporate logic, if you do you wont like it. It is a movie for kids, and anyone with a fantasy. Watch it, enjoy it, but don't incorporate logic, that would be a huge mistake.

1. Shyamalan does project genuine menace and suspense into this mundane location, especially in nighttime scenes. But the magic that would transport you from reality into fantasy is missing.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    A ponderous, self-indulgent bedtime tale. Awkwardly positioned, this gloomy gothic fantasy falls well short of horror.
  3. Reviewed by: David Edelstein
    What's odd about Lady in the Water is that for all Shyamalan's histrionics, he's overcontrolled.