Screen Gems | Release Date: September 19, 2008
WATCH NOW
wearetheothersSep 18, 2012
Great film
Meth-dudeJun 24, 2014
The story is not original but the movie is really suspenseful and the actors are really good.Samuel L.Jackson is just brilliant in his racist role.The only bad thing ni this movie is the end,she's too previsible.
TheEPICOneSep 18, 2012
Great movie...
ChristopherPJul 21, 2009
Boring beyond belief until the final 16 minutes, when something actually happens (I checked the time on the DVD). It could have been a great film if it skipped all the shallow drama and went straight to the "thriller" film it's Boring beyond belief until the final 16 minutes, when something actually happens (I checked the time on the DVD). It could have been a great film if it skipped all the shallow drama and went straight to the "thriller" film it's supposedly tagged as. I get the feeling this could be a solid 8 if the rest of the movie were as good as those final 16 minutes. But since everything before that is boring, awkward trash, it gets a 2. Frustrating. Expand
0 of 1 users found this helpful
ZilcellDec 2, 2011
Lakeview Terrace may have quite a few plot holes, but it will definitely keep you guessing. The ending may be a bit quick and questionable, but it is very suspenseful.
JonFeb 9, 2009
Could have been the worst movie ever made. there is no plot, no nothing. terrible characters, and you don't understand why Samuel L jackson is doing anything that he's doing.
ChadS.Sep 19, 2008
Saw the matinée with a buddy and it was a ride. I love Sam the man Jackson. I had a neighbor like this and people do crazy stuff to protect themselves.
TonyB.Apr 23, 2009
Patrick Wilson, one of our more underrated young actors, gives Samuel Jackson a run for the money, and Kerry Washington is fine.
LarryEAug 3, 2009
It's refreshing to see a "racially based" film that doesn't make the white guy look like the heavy. Samuel Jackson plays the bad guy a bit melodramatically, but it tends to make the picture a little more exciting. It held my It's refreshing to see a "racially based" film that doesn't make the white guy look like the heavy. Samuel Jackson plays the bad guy a bit melodramatically, but it tends to make the picture a little more exciting. It held my attention and I enjoyed it thoroughly, AND, it's only about an hour and a half long which should be the rule for all movies! Expand
JayH.Jan 25, 2009
Flawed but it is suspenseful. Well produced, fine performances. It's a bit predictable but I was never bored at least. Good score.
GeorgeP.Jan 7, 2009
Arguably the dumbest movie ever made.
EddieSFeb 16, 2009
'Lakeview Terrace' is one of those movies that play with your nerves and your patience for no reason. A movie where people are not afraid to use gardening tools against eachother but on the other hand they find it very difficult to 'Lakeview Terrace' is one of those movies that play with your nerves and your patience for no reason. A movie where people are not afraid to use gardening tools against eachother but on the other hand they find it very difficult to confront one another without using cliches, stereotypes, and innuendos. You will find yourselves asking "why did he just do/say that?" very often. Yep. It is one of these annoying/stupid movies where people act as if there are no consequences of what they do. It's the story of a (black) police officer that obviously envies his (white) neighbor for his education, money, job, and gorgeous (black) wife - and spends whatever little time he has off the job to make his neighbor's life miserable. The whole movie is nothing more than a contest of manliness that borders with stupidity as the movie progresses. ALL main characters are at war with eachother and every conversation ends up being a serious arguement. From the point where Jackson first meets his neighbor, it is evident that this is going to get nasty - and retarded. Jackson's character is a man that is not afraid to step into a social gathering, act as a smartass - insult everyone, and leave "knowing" he just achieved something grandiose! My advice: Stay clear of this movie. Expand
halbFeb 22, 2009
Ignore the "0" and "1" reviews. This film, although seriously flawed, is not THAT bad. It's a moderately entertaining suspense/thriller for much of it's running time -- but it's seriously compromised by just plain silly plot Ignore the "0" and "1" reviews. This film, although seriously flawed, is not THAT bad. It's a moderately entertaining suspense/thriller for much of it's running time -- but it's seriously compromised by just plain silly plot turns towards the climax... there are certain implausible actions, by one character in particular at the end, that really turn a potentially decent movie into a 'Oh, my, that's a shame' kind of film. Could have been so much better. Expand
DavidDOct 12, 2008
Alot of the Critics are too harsh. Read Ebert, as usual he is poignant. I give this movie a 7, because I have issues with the ending, but other than that this deserves a watch.
ERG1008Aug 19, 2010
Couple move in to new house, neighbour is Police Officer with chip on his shoulder, arguments, mind games, etc.
Average thriller played out by a good enough cast with SLJ doing what you'd expect from him.
Moves along pretty well &, despite
Moves along pretty well &, despite being predictable & the ending a little flat, keeps your interest throughout.
juliankleissFeb 19, 2011
A movie about police brutality, overprotection of children, and racism regarding biracial relationships. A terrific performance by Sam L. Jackson.
aliceandersonSep 18, 2012
How on this horrible, wretched earth is this film boring, maybe people just don't have good taste anymore...
EddieHokieAug 23, 2013
This movie is incredibly stupid in Abel's motivations make no sense. He claims his kids are his number 1 priority and then goes to great lengths to kill the neighbors? Now they are fatherless! That makes no sense. And if Abel is this crazyThis movie is incredibly stupid in Abel's motivations make no sense. He claims his kids are his number 1 priority and then goes to great lengths to kill the neighbors? Now they are fatherless! That makes no sense. And if Abel is this crazy about interrelationships do you really think he would have made it 28 years in the force being this dirty?

The acting sucks. Nothing actually happens in the movie but Samuel L Jackson making everyone involved uncomfortable, including the viewers.
diogomendesAug 4, 2014
Here we are! Possibly, the worst Samuel L. Jackson movie ever. I can't imagine how a movie can be so racist and so incoherent as this one. The acting is solid but the characters are tasteless and the motivations leaves you insanely asking:Here we are! Possibly, the worst Samuel L. Jackson movie ever. I can't imagine how a movie can be so racist and so incoherent as this one. The acting is solid but the characters are tasteless and the motivations leaves you insanely asking: WHAT THE F*CK IS ABEL TURNER'S PROBLEM ON INTERRACIAL MARRIAGE? WHY THE F*CK HE KEEPS TERRORIZING THAT MARRIAGE EVERY F*CKING TIME? WHY ABEL HAS A JOB AS POLICE OFFICER FOR F*CKING 28 YEARS? WHY IS CHRIS SUCH A P*SSY? WHY CHRIS AND LISA DO SEX ON THE SWIMMING POOL? WHY DOESN'T CHRIS TELLS TO ABEL LIKE THIS "HEY, F*CKING MORON. IF YOU DON'T STOP DOING WHAT YOU'RE DOING WITH NO F*CKING REASON, I'M GONNA KICK YOUR F*CKING ASS"? WHY IS CHRIS AFRAID OF HIM? WHY ARE THE SCREENWRITERS MAKING US INNERVATED INSTEAD OF AFRAID? AND FINALLY, HOW IN THE F*CKING GOODY HELL DOES A COP THINK HE CAN HAVE OVERABUNDANCE OF POWER LIKE THAT?

Maybe I'm over-exaggerating but the thing is that the director wants to keep us update with the homophobic community we live nowadays but with this movie...it just doesn't work. The villain is always supposed to be a badass or at least decent. But, Samuel's character is such a pretentious **** He's always f*cking around and making scary faces. Jesus, everytime he was on screen, I just wanted to punch him in the f*cking face. It's not normal for a movie to have such idiocy provided by that moron! And Chris is a f*cking chicken. How many times I wanted to penetrate into the television just to tell him "Hey, you f*cking idiot. Be a man! Kick him in the fruits!"? I'm so nervous right now that I can't stop overusing the word "f*ck". This movie is responsible for that!

Of course, there was some good things like the final act. The part when Chris uses the death of Abel's wife in order to piss him off must be my favorite parts of the movie. It gave me chills. Other things that stands out was Samuel L. Jackson's performance who I must admit, he did a good job with the role he was given. However, the movie ends in a way very disappointing.

In conclusion, this movie is racist, painful, bland and completely stupid. On my part, this movie is an insult to my nervous system. Jesus, what a breakthrough!