Lakeview Terrace

4.8

1. Jun 24, 2014
    The story is not original but the movie is really suspenseful and the actors are really good.Samuel L.Jackson is just brilliant in his racist role.The only bad thing ni this movie is the end,she's too previsible.
  2. Sep 18, 2012
    How on this horrible, wretched earth is this film boring, maybe people just don't have good taste anymore...
  3. Dec 2, 2011
    Lakeview Terrace may have quite a few plot holes, but it will definitely keep you guessing. The ending may be a bit quick and questionable, but it is very suspenseful.
  4. Feb 19, 2011
    A movie about police brutality, overprotection of children, and racism regarding biracial relationships. A terrific performance by Sam L. Jackson.
  5. LarryE
    Aug 3, 2009
    It's refreshing to see a "racially based" film that doesn't make the white guy look like the heavy. Samuel Jackson plays the bad guy a bit melodramatically, but it tends to make the picture a little more exciting. It held my attention and I enjoyed it thoroughly, AND, it's only about an hour and a half long which should be the rule for all movies!
  6. DavidD
    Oct 12, 2008
    Alot of the Critics are too harsh. Read Ebert, as usual he is poignant. I give this movie a 7, because I have issues with the ending, but other than that this deserves a watch.
  7. ChadS.
    Sep 19, 2008
    Saw the matinée with a buddy and it was a ride. I love Sam the man Jackson. I had a neighbor like this and people do crazy stuff to protect themselves.

1. The film, absent a sense of place and populated by repellent or weak characters, soon devolves into an increasingly foul litany of events.
  2. Reviewed by: Dennis Harvey
    Delivers fairly tense and engrossing drama before succumbing to thriller convention.
    It's a shame, then, that the later stages of Lakeview Terrace should overheat and spill into silliness. The plot is compromised, not resolved, by the pulling of a gun.