Land of the Lost

4.9

1. Jul 26, 2014
    Will Ferrel and Danny McBride are usually very funny people. This movie doesn't do a good job of showing that. There are some funny bits scattered throughout, but overall the majority of it isn't really funny. This makes for a very dull comedy. One that you're better off passing on.
  2. Dec 23, 2015
    "Land of the Lost" came from adapting a book to film was not brilliant but , as the absurd script, and tangled failed to amaze to the world, the critics and the viewers.
  3. Nov 16, 2013
    Land of the Lost is truly that.
    The movie's concept is just a random unexplained adventure traveling threw multiple bizarre dimensions, and for that is to be absolutely hilarious. Land of the Lost has laughs few and far between going entire half hours without giggling. Will Ferrel displays his worst work to date with this terrible adventure "comedy".
  4. Oct 26, 2010
    a funny film i thought . i do remember waching the original tv show as a kid but i was like 8 and that was 20+ years ago and really dont remember much of any thing about it. no im sure its not very accurate to the original tv show and i think if it was might have been kind of boring actaully but ferrel and mcbride give it a nice spice of commedy that if you dont like ferrels humor youa funny film i thought . i do remember waching the original tv show as a kid but i was like 8 and that was 20+ years ago and really dont remember much of any thing about it. no im sure its not very accurate to the original tv show and i think if it was might have been kind of boring actaully but ferrel and mcbride give it a nice spice of commedy that if you dont like ferrels humor you probubly wont like this film. he is hit or miss with me but this one was a hit and i had some good laughs waching it. Expand
  5. Feb 6, 2011
    I seriously don't know what's up with the critics. This is so funny and awesome.
  6. Apr 24, 2011
    Cast SUCKS!!! I Hate The Stupid Plot.. Acting Was So Bad..
    All I can Say Is 0!
  7. CRL
    Aug 30, 2011
    There were several disappointing things about Land of the Lost. One was it's lost potential with a cast that included Will Ferrel, Anna Friel, and Danny McBride. Another was the lackluster special effects; whether intentional or unintentional the people in what looked like Halloween costumes. Maybe the worst, it actually shows a flash of humor every once in a while... only to bury itThere were several disappointing things about Land of the Lost. One was it's lost potential with a cast that included Will Ferrel, Anna Friel, and Danny McBride. Another was the lackluster special effects; whether intentional or unintentional the people in what looked like Halloween costumes. Maybe the worst, it actually shows a flash of humor every once in a while... only to bury it once again under the aforementioned horrible special effects, awful acting, and nonexistent plot. Expand
  8. Aug 14, 2012
    I was expecting something awful when sitting down to give the movie a watch, but it turned out to be kind of entertaining and even a little funny. While not necessarily a good movie, it has impressive CGI for a comedy and has some a fair share of jokes that made me smile. It's an entertaining watch that should not be taken seriously at all during it's 90 minute running time.
  9. Aug 6, 2012
    To put this its stupid, bad acting, g*y actors, awful story, really your better of falling asleep. Land of the Lost 1.1/10
  10. Sep 7, 2011
    First off all, the cacophony produced by the clash of not-so-talented actors with a not-so-interesting story and a not-so-organized script closely resembles that of a band of musically uncultured, tone-deaf octogenarians. Second of all, the jokes found in this movie are not only extremely contrived, but also not even funny. The jokes fall as flat as the rest of the movie. I mightFirst off all, the cacophony produced by the clash of not-so-talented actors with a not-so-interesting story and a not-so-organized script closely resembles that of a band of musically uncultured, tone-deaf octogenarians. Second of all, the jokes found in this movie are not only extremely contrived, but also not even funny. The jokes fall as flat as the rest of the movie. I might understand if you're in the mood for a nonsensical, satirical, farce, but even then, this movie might not satisfy your craving. Expand
  11. Feb 19, 2011
    Hey, I'm a Movie Lover so basically I love all movies, I'm not really a Will Ferell fan (The only movie I really liked of his was Stranger Than Fiction) But, this Land of the Lost, It wasn't awesome, and it wasn't bad either, it was cute, Like just something to watch when your bored or really high.........
  12. Apr 10, 2012
    Illogical, unfunny and stupid. Watching this movie is simply a waste of time. I should have donated the money used for buying the ticket. This movie is so disappointing.
  13. Sep 6, 2012
    This. Move. Was. Stupid.
    But that's the point.
    This movie was so stupid it was funny. The effects weren't Avatar, but they weren't a midnight television show either. They did get a lot wrong, most importantly that the original was a children's show and this was NOT a children's movie at all, but it was still amusing. The plot wasn't complicated: it takes a very simple minded person to
    This. Move. Was. Stupid.
    But that's the point.
    The plot wasn't complicated: it takes a very simple minded person to figure it out, but it wasn't the best plot.
    I don't get why people hated it so much, it was supposed to be the stupidest movie ever AND it was supposed to be cheesy. The jokes aren't always funny, but they can be really funny when they want to be.
    I would give a whole summary of it but I don't have the time.
  14. Jul 23, 2012
    i enjoyed it, i was surprised that some people were so hard on this movie. it's easy to watch and has some good funny material throughout. will has done better movies but this one deserves a watch.
  15. ArthurC.
    Jun 5, 2009
    Will farrel is talentless he acts like an immature idiot in all his movies ...none of which are funny . it people like him that are responsable for the raging wave of stupidity that has swept across this country , which is why this garbage will probably make money.
  16. AdamL.
    Jun 6, 2009
    I wanted this movie to be better, but I think I pinned what was missing for me. They were either trying to hard to act, or not enough. The ideas were funny (jokes) but the delivery is so contrived.& I still like all the people involved in this movie. But I wonder what happened really to make it a dud. I give this a 4 because thats the number of times I laughed.
  17. phyllisv
    Jun 20, 2009
    I agree with Tracy M. Worst movie I have seen in a long time.
  18. DHFoster
    Jun 5, 2009
    Giving 1 for the title. WTH !!!! You think Hollywood has ran out of comedian actors??? Try not to lose too many brain cells while watching Ferrell. Give us real comedy.
  19. TestTesty
    We walked out.
  20. SteveB.
    Jun 5, 2009
    I've tried to suffer through this show several times and just have to turn it off. One big fat zero!
  21. MelissaP
    Jul 15, 2009
    I cannot believe a snoozer like "The Hangover" got mostly good reviews while this gem got the gun. I guess it's about hitting an easy target. This movie was supposed to be cheesy, just like the original cartoon. I don't think anyone involved saw the chance of an Oscar nomination, just an enjoyable romp, which this is! See it and enjoy.
  22. Jacob
    Feb 6, 2010
    Land of the Lost is a good movie all around.. For starters, the Land of the Lost is a cool setting that really sucks ou in with its cool and warm atmosphere. The characters are amusing. However, the jokes aren't extremly funny and most of the laughter was forced. Nonetheless, this is one movie that's worth checking out.
  23. AaronJ
    Jun 11, 2010
    Loved this movie from start to finsh, i admit Will Ferrells comedy is abit odd to most people but his humor in this movie works like a charm. I got this movie off a friend not knowing what it was about and now its one of my all time favorites. do your self a favor and watch it & ignore all the critics.
  24. MattW
    Oct 16, 2009
    A real snooze fest. Nothing worse than a comedy movie that just isn't funny.
  25. JayH
    Oct 6, 2009
    What a stupid movie. Of course, it does have Will Ferrell in it, that should have been warning enough. Even more disappointing, the special effects are only fair. There are a few , very few, amusing scenes, the majority are lame and not very funny.
  26. ChrisO
    Jun 12, 2009
    Awfull, another disappointment from Will Ferrell. He was funny the first time around, but he's always the exact same in every single movie since. Yawn. If you watch the preview, you will have seen everything this movie has to offer that may remotly be considered funny.
  27. Nate
    Jun 10, 2009
    This movie really surprised me.. i went into it believing everything i read that it was going to be bad..but i underestimated one part....how funny Danny McBride is. He made this movie funny..yes Mr. Ferrell had some good lines but i think this was one very under rated summer comdedy...heck, i might go see it again!
  28. Scott
    Jun 20, 2009
    Not UP! or Citizen Kane- this movie is being overly beaten up by fans & the press. Quite amusing, nice visuals (you would expect cable access TV quality according to critics), and while not Ferrell's best, a fun, worthy summer distraction.....don't believe the gripe!
  29. dragonpenchant
    Jun 20, 2009
    Despite a great cast and a decent concept, this movie is just not funny. unfortunate dud.
  30. DanielM.
    Jun 5, 2009
    Enjoyed every minute. A lot of fun; not dragged down by some hidden agenda or subliminal message.
  31. AlbertJ.
    Jun 5, 2009
    The only reason I went to the movie was a friend had some free passes to share. I wish I hadn't gone. One of the worst and stupid movies I have ever seen. After seeing Stranger than Fiction I thought there was hope for Will Ferrell. Land of the Lost killed that assumption.
  32. WaltA.
    Jun 5, 2009
    Ugh. That should be it. Really, a one word review: Ugh. Maybe, instead, just to make sure you get the message: UGH. But I will elaborate. OK. So, Land of the Lost is the new Will Ferrell "vehicle." This was not a trip down memory lane (like it might be for so many other people around my age), as I did not really enjoy the TV show. Something about the Sleestacks and not having nice dreams Ugh. That should be it. Really, a one word review: Ugh. Maybe, instead, just to make sure you get the message: UGH. But I will elaborate. OK. So, Land of the Lost is the new Will Ferrell "vehicle." This was not a trip down memory lane (like it might be for so many other people around my age), as I did not really enjoy the TV show. Something about the Sleestacks and not having nice dreams for weeks after I saw them on a TV screen made me decide to skip Land of the Lost on TV at the time, or something like that. Anyhow, I went because of Will Ferrell. He is one funny motherfashutyermouth. And, ok, in this movie there were a couple funny moments. One that wasn't even on the commercials for this, too! I knew it going in. No reviews before the movie opened whatsoever anywhere that I looked. That means the producers knew this was going to get horrid reviews, and decided to see if they could recoup their investments in the first weekend, before word got out. (OK, I just looked at Metacritic.com, that's a great site and... really, I want to stress this, I went 'cause Will Farrell is so funny, even in bad things.) Will Ferrell being funny, even in bad things should NOT be your reason for going. Somehow Land of the Lost disproves this. Seriously. The thing had a few solid sight gags. Maybe three or four. And a couple good lines. And, the T Rex was believable. I hope to see him in other roles soon. Anyhow... this time around the Sleestacks threaten WORLD DOMINATION (somehow in the poor storyline), if they can only get some thingiemabob machine thing through the, oh what's the use. The stupid slimy walking alligator type Sleestack things were NOT frightful or scary or anything. They were a bit of a dull green, if anything, and my sleep is not at risk. At all. Maybe the TV show was like this whole movie. I don't know. Will and Holly seemed so much older in this go around, and the Will Ferrell character just some stupid scientist. (Maybe if Ferrell played it as he plays Bush it would be funnier.) Worst of all time for me? Nope. But pretty damn close. Perhaps the new Sigmund and the Seamonsters movie starring Carrot Top, Drew Carey and Christian Bale will outsuck this one. (I'll let you know after I go see it.) Land of the Lost. Ugh. If you have to see it, wait and go rent it. If you must. I think I heard it will be out on DVD in about a month after it closes in the theaters. So look for it at your local RedBox, Netflix or DVD movie store in about 5 weeks. Expand
  33. FredL.
    Jun 6, 2009
    I thought it was one of the funniest films I have seen in years. It showed how funny the cheesiness of the original show was. It played to every one of those elements beautifully. I don't understand how no one is getting that.
  34. MitchS.
    Jun 6, 2009
    Oh Universal. Whoever green-lit this film should really be on the hot seat. See that Morgenstern review above? It's on the money. So much potential in the title, and 3 great actors, and you produce this steaming pile? And from a major studio? Ouch.
  35. TimH
    Jul 13, 2009
    Rarely do I walk out of a movie that I pay for, but sometimes you just have to cut your losses. That's good advice for movie-goers and doubly so for waning comedians. Not even your fratboy roommate will enjoy this catastrophe.
  36. David
    Aug 23, 2009
    The best will ferrell movie yet. I don't know why it got the reviews it did. It was funny and adventure. Sure Will Ferrell has some really stupid funny comedy that some may not appreciate. But, most of it was actually funny. See this movie!
  37. BiffulaC
    Jun 1, 2010
    Look, you either get these kind of movies and Will Ferrell and his type of humor or you dont. But if you get it, you'll laugh at quite a bit of this movie. Danny McBride almost steals it from Ferrell. I've seen it 6 times and chuckled my @ss off each time. Good Stuff. Reviewers who dont get Ferrell and his type of comedy need to get bent and find another career.
  38. GinaV
    Jun 12, 2010
    Surprised this movie ever made it into movie theaters. The acting is terrible (having a person with an English accent in a movie really doesn't raise the acting profile of your movie). I thought that the Love Guru was bad. I think I just found my Worst Movie Ever.
  39. BobH
    Jun 7, 2010
    This movie did not know what it wanted to be. Is it for kids? No. There's plenty of cusing and sexual innuendos. Is it for adults? No. It's too silly and juvenile. And if it's a comedy, I laughed about 3 times. For an entire hour and a half, that's not a good thing. This one just didn't do it for me.
  40. TonyF
    Nov 8, 2009
    One of the worst movies I've seen in a long time. Supposed to be a comedy, but I didn't even break into a smile the whole time. If not for presence of the lovely Anna Friel, NOTHING in this film is worth watching.
  41. JanT
    Oct 23, 2009
    This movie stinks in all aspects...what a waist of time to make.
  42. JackF
    Dec 9, 2009
    Nothing to it just plain not funny and bad very long too
  43. Joy
    Jun 10, 2009
    This was undoubtedly the stupidest movie that I have ever seen. Do not waste your money.
  44. JoseL
    Jun 10, 2009
    It's sadly silly, stupid I wanted to for my money back. I wasted two houRs & TEN DOLLERS.
  45. MattM
    Jun 10, 2009
    I don't understand what the big deal? I thought it was really funny, and better put together than The Hangover, though I liked that too. Yes, it's stock Ferrell, and nothing new to speak of, but I found it a lot of fun. What do you expect from a sci-fi comedy based on a first horrible, now cult TV show? Oscar buzz? I believe this movie, like the show, will find its place once on DVD.
  46. TracyM
    Jun 12, 2009
    This was the worst movie I have seen in quite sometime. Typical "Will Ferrel" movie, I should have known better.
  47. HyperS
    Jun 13, 2009
    Reading critics reviews of this movie I was fully expecting a Battlefield Earth like experience, but the first two-thirds of this movie actually weren't all that bad in my opinion. Sure I never laughed out loud at any of the "jokes" and there were a few potty jokes (not as bad as some are decrying), but it did have some moderate entertainment value on par with Brendan Fraser's Reading critics reviews of this movie I was fully expecting a Battlefield Earth like experience, but the first two-thirds of this movie actually weren't all that bad in my opinion. Sure I never laughed out loud at any of the "jokes" and there were a few potty jokes (not as bad as some are decrying), but it did have some moderate entertainment value on par with Brendan Fraser's "Journey To The Center of the Earth." Sure nothing great, but nothing horribly bad either. But then...? The last thirty minutes of the movie descended into one horribly defective skit... the plot (what little plot there was to begin with) took a back seat to a series of lame, out-of-place jokes that just destroyed the movie for me. In retrospect, was there ever an ending? It went from a bad guy trying to conquer the universe to a rushed mess of an finish where nothing really happened. So instead of getting a 6 or so rating I'm hopping on the flop bandwagon. 3 and deservedly so. Expand
  48. RichieF
    Jun 17, 2009
    Please don't listen to the reviewers and their negative opinions of this HYSTERICAL film. I was not expecting much from this movie when I went to see it, but now I want to see it again! Of course it's not an award winning movie by any means but it is very funny! All of the negative reviews for 'Land of the Lost' proves that reviewers have seemed to lost the enjoyment Please don't listen to the reviewers and their negative opinions of this HYSTERICAL film. I was not expecting much from this movie when I went to see it, but now I want to see it again! Of course it's not an award winning movie by any means but it is very funny! All of the negative reviews for 'Land of the Lost' proves that reviewers have seemed to lost the enjoyment in watching a movie and look at it way too critically and forget what many viewers actually care about. This was a very fun and highly enjoyable movie! I laughed a lot! Expand
  49. xoux
    Jun 18, 2009
    This film isn't as bad is people say it is. its no "the hangover" or "up" but it gives you what every will ferral movies give. slapstick fun, verbal abuse, and idiotic moments. what kind of film did people expect willl ferral to make anyways. it was slow at times but it delivers in a cheap kind of way.
  50. GregB
    Jun 18, 2009
    I don't get why everyone is so down on this movie, This movie is exactly what it set out to be and its hysterical. I have never seen the original show but this is bound to go down in dvd history.
  51. shadoww
    Jun 25, 2009
    Yes, it was cheesy, but somewhat goofy/funny... what did you expect, an Oscar nominee?
  52. AritarkK.
    Jun 27, 2009
    This movie insults my intellect and my unconditional love for will ferell. i suffered through his last movies thinking of finding something decent. i did not find something like this. the female lead is nice to look at, but as soon as she starts to talk you want to put claws in your ears.
  53. PhilW.
    Jun 5, 2009
    The only good reviews for this mess seem to have come from those who never saw the TV show. Assuming that any remake should at least be appealing to those fans who made the original successful enough to warrant the attention in the first place (such as the infinitely superior new Star Trek or Galactica), this movie appears conversely to go out of its way to be as offensive and debasing to The only good reviews for this mess seem to have come from those who never saw the TV show. Assuming that any remake should at least be appealing to those fans who made the original successful enough to warrant the attention in the first place (such as the infinitely superior new Star Trek or Galactica), this movie appears conversely to go out of its way to be as offensive and debasing to that fan base as possible. The show was famous for intriguing sci-fi concepts that could have been further developed and made into a smart and thrilling action-adventure with a proper script and direction. A shame that such potential was wasted instead for shlock humor and unclever parody. Expand
  54. Shannon
    Jun 5, 2009
    More satire than adaption, this films strikes a chord as a clever (and knowing) poke at how misguided a hollywood remake can get. This is a comedy. Expect that, don't take anything seriously, and that's what you'll get.
  55. PaulK.
    Jun 6, 2009
    I thought this movie was pretty solid, so long as you understand you are seeing a movie more true to Will Ferrell than the old TV series. There's lots of one liners (many funny, some not). If you don't think Land of the Lost should be a comedy, don't see this movie. Otherwise, its pretty good.
  56. BryanK.
    Jun 6, 2009
    This film is very disturbing and vulgar at the same time. There are scenes of the ape-man touching the female leads breasts and of at least 1-2 curse words per scene. However I loved every moment of this film update of the late 70's TV series. Will Ferrell, Danny R. McBride, and Anna Friel deliver comical and excellent performances. It was never dull and left me laughing even after This film is very disturbing and vulgar at the same time. There are scenes of the ape-man touching the female leads breasts and of at least 1-2 curse words per scene. However I loved every moment of this film update of the late 70's TV series. Will Ferrell, Danny R. McBride, and Anna Friel deliver comical and excellent performances. It was never dull and left me laughing even after it ended. It is hilarious in every sense of the word!!! Expand
  57. Jon
    Jun 7, 2009
    I went into this film with extremely low expectations. I personally, am one of the fans of the original tv show and I was shocked at the idea of them turning this into a comedy. That being said, it is a decent comedy (not a great one, but decent). It offers up exactly what the trailers promised and that's how it should be judged. My only regret about this film is that it may have I went into this film with extremely low expectations. I personally, am one of the fans of the original tv show and I was shocked at the idea of them turning this into a comedy. That being said, it is a decent comedy (not a great one, but decent). It offers up exactly what the trailers promised and that's how it should be judged. My only regret about this film is that it may have killed any chances of a serious remake of this great CHILDREN'S action/adventure/sci-fi television series. Maybe the producers of the last Hulk incarnation will deem this show worthy enough to do a proper remake. Once again, I feel it worth saying that if you judge this movie on it's own merits, it is a decent comedy. Perhaps people can same some money and rent it instead of going to the theatres and paying full price. Expand
  58. RyanZ
    Jul 19, 2009
    The (2) is for Danny mcBride and Jorna Taccone. Will Farrell has fallen so far off the map with his last (seemingly huge group) of stinkers and this one is a nail in the coffin. Could this be it for Will Farrells career as a lead?
  59. JarredS.
    Jul 24, 2009
    How can you people that hate this movie not like slapstick and just plain retarded humor?! I think that this material is freakin' hilarious!
  60. NatalieM
    Aug 19, 2009
    I can't believe how bad this was, what a waste of 2hrs of my life that I'll never get back. If they took out the adolescent 'joke', then it would have a U rating for its lameness, it was dire.
  61. MikeS
    Aug 6, 2009
    The only part where i laughed out loud was the very end of the movie.... Other than that, it wasn't a very entertaining movie... Mediocre at best in my opinion.
  62. bryces
    Jun 12, 2010
    It tried but i could count maybe only 3 real funny scenes. special effect wee not good. It seemed like a bad play on stage put into a movie with costumes and props to try and be funny but with so much it failed to do so.
  63. JimD
    Nov 18, 2009
    If you like Will Ferrell, you'll like this movie. Danny McBride is also hilarious as his usual redneck self. For some reason these critics are expecting Ferrell to keep coming back with Stranger than Fiction type follow-ups. He's a comic actor, and a brilliant one. If you don't get it, you're not doing yourself or anyone elsea favour by going to his movies and then If you like Will Ferrell, you'll like this movie. Danny McBride is also hilarious as his usual redneck self. For some reason these critics are expecting Ferrell to keep coming back with Stranger than Fiction type follow-ups. He's a comic actor, and a brilliant one. If you don't get it, you're not doing yourself or anyone elsea favour by going to his movies and then panning them. Expand
  64. RickB
    Oct 16, 2009
    This movie was a blast. I laughed over and over. It had little if any resemblance to the TV show from my childhood. But as usual, Ebert loves it and so do I. It's stupid and funny. Maybe it's because my life has been filled with enough tragedy and comedy that I don't need that in my movies to enjoy them. Note to self: don't be a reviewer of movies, my life is clearly This movie was a blast. I laughed over and over. It had little if any resemblance to the TV show from my childhood. But as usual, Ebert loves it and so do I. It's stupid and funny. Maybe it's because my life has been filled with enough tragedy and comedy that I don't need that in my movies to enjoy them. Note to self: don't be a reviewer of movies, my life is clearly too interesting. Expand
  65. StephenR
    Jun 13, 2009
    Don't know why reviewers decided to hate this, I thought it was hysterical. It was sort of like being stoned, I guess similar to the original. Don't listen to anyone, if you have an inmature sense of humor go see this movie.
  66. Fantasy
    Jun 14, 2009
    Just awful as there are no words to describe this poor excuse for a movie. Avoid.
  67. Kyle
    Jun 15, 2009
    If you are looking for a trip down memory lane....do not see this movie! It seems the people that did not enjoy this film are either grammatically disinclined, trying to take it seriously, or just plain stupid (because they actually enjoyed the original series). Seriously people! It's perfectly fitting to make a movie that makes fun of the ridiculousness of that series. The movie is If you are looking for a trip down memory lane....do not see this movie! It seems the people that did not enjoy this film are either grammatically disinclined, trying to take it seriously, or just plain stupid (because they actually enjoyed the original series). Seriously people! It's perfectly fitting to make a movie that makes fun of the ridiculousness of that series. The movie is SUPPOSED to be silly and fun. DON'T SEE IT IF YOU CAN CREATE DIAMONDS OUT OF COAL WITH YOUR *SS!!! Expand
  68. JorgeM
    Jul 16, 2009
    This movie was bad. The plot sucked. The cast was bad especially putting Will Ferrell in this horrible movie and the rest were okay to bad. The character's were preety pointless but shaka was kind of funny though. The scene's totally sucked for a $100 Mil. budget flim they looked nice like the landscape but that's preety much it. Overall, a bad movie that was to over hyped This movie was bad. The plot sucked. The cast was bad especially putting Will Ferrell in this horrible movie and the rest were okay to bad. The character's were preety pointless but shaka was kind of funny though. The scene's totally sucked for a $100 Mil. budget flim they looked nice like the landscape but that's preety much it. Overall, a bad movie that was to over hyped on TV, Aids, and commercials. Expand
  69. simona.
    Jul 26, 2009
    Rarely do I feel inclined to comment in this way on a movie, yet rarely have I seen a film this awful. A waste of nearly two hours of my life.
  70. MarkD.
    Aug 24, 2009
    Muddled, confused, half-funny. A waste of time.
  71. Alexc
    Nov 22, 2009
    This and Miss March fight for the worst movie I have watched all month. It wasn't funny and it was ridiculously over the top. May have succeeded as being funny if I was in an altered state of mind. Probably the worst Will Farell movies ever.
  72. cd1
    Mar 20, 2011
    I didn't have high hopes for the movie to begin with, just to be entertained. I was not prepared for the inappropriateness, senseless crude language, the sexual innuendo, and gay sexual references. The worst part was the anti-Christian message when Will Ferrell was tripping on a narcotic plant and said something to the effect of "I love you more than Jesus loved humanity as he hung onI didn't have high hopes for the movie to begin with, just to be entertained. I was not prepared for the inappropriateness, senseless crude language, the sexual innuendo, and gay sexual references. The worst part was the anti-Christian message when Will Ferrell was tripping on a narcotic plant and said something to the effect of "I love you more than Jesus loved humanity as he hung on the cross." If you are interested in anti-Christian, gay supporting, drug defaulting, crude movies, this one is for you. Shame on you Will Ferrell! You can do better than that! Expand

1. Land of the Lost has stray amusing tidbits, but overall it leaves you feeling splattered.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    The result is a movie with an exceedingly narrow target audience that should test Will Ferrell's appeal among boys maybe ages 12-14 -- about the only demo likely able to endure this laborious mess.
    A turd of T-Rex proportions, Land of the Lost makes one remember last summer's "Speed Racer" fondly.