4.9

1. Jul 26, 2014
    Will Ferrel and Danny McBride are usually very funny people. This movie doesn't do a good job of showing that. There are some funny bits scattered throughout, but overall the majority of it isn't really funny. This makes for a very dull comedy. One that you're better off passing on.
  2. Nov 16, 2013
    Land of the Lost is truly that.
    The movie's concept is just a random unexplained adventure traveling threw multiple bizarre dimensions, and for that is to be absolutely hilarious. Land of the Lost has laughs few and far between going entire half hours without giggling. Will Ferrel displays his worst work to date with this terrible adventure "comedy".
  3. Apr 15, 2013
    Land of the Lost is sort of entertaining. If you have a high tolerance for sexist, childish and potty humour, that is. The storyline is cringeworthy and non-sensical. I've never seen the TV series but I can only assume that the story is a mishmash of the series with a lot of sexism tacked on.

Will Ferrel (as Dr. Rick Marshall) does a horrible job at being funny, spouting jokes whenever
    he's on screen (and that's a lot, he's the protagonist) in a very monotonous matter. Danny McBride (Will Stanton) isn't much better to look at either, almost copying Will's M.O. Anna Friel (as Holly Cantrell) scurries about being the target of sexual frustration, performing equally bad as the other cast when it comes to playing a romantic interest. Every scene where she becomes emotional feels forced and awkward.

It's just insulting. To our ancestors, to the viewers, to science and to TV. Even the chief of Universal Studios said the movie was a failure.

I have to say that I did like the CGI dinosaurs, their interaction with the environment seemed to be done in a very skillful manner.

Not recommended. Especially not for children.
  4. Sep 6, 2012
    This. Move. Was. Stupid.
    But that's the point.
    This movie was so stupid it was funny. The effects weren't Avatar, but they weren't a midnight television show either. They did get a lot wrong, most importantly that the original was a children's show and this was NOT a children's movie at all, but it was still amusing.
    The plot wasn't complicated: it takes a very simple minded person to
    figure it out, but it wasn't the best plot.
    I don't get why people hated it so much, it was supposed to be the stupidest movie ever AND it was supposed to be cheesy. The jokes aren't always funny, but they can be really funny when they want to be.
    I would give a whole summary of it but I don't have the time.
  5. Aug 14, 2012
    I was expecting something awful when sitting down to give the movie a watch, but it turned out to be kind of entertaining and even a little funny. While not necessarily a good movie, it has impressive CGI for a comedy and has some a fair share of jokes that made me smile. It's an entertaining watch that should not be taken seriously at all during it's 90 minute running time.
  6. Aug 6, 2012
    To put this its stupid, bad acting, g*y actors, awful story, really your better of falling asleep. Land of the Lost 1.1/10
  7. Jul 23, 2012
    i enjoyed it, i was surprised that some people were so hard on this movie. it's easy to watch and has some good funny material throughout. will has done better movies but this one deserves a watch.
  8. Apr 10, 2012
    Illogical, unfunny and stupid. Watching this movie is simply a waste of time. I should have donated the money used for buying the ticket. This movie is so disappointing.
  9. Sep 7, 2011
    First off all, the cacophony produced by the clash of not-so-talented actors with a not-so-interesting story and a not-so-organized script closely resembles that of a band of musically uncultured, tone-deaf octogenarians. Second of all, the jokes found in this movie are not only extremely contrived, but also not even funny. The jokes fall as flat as the rest of the movie. I might understand if you're in the mood for a nonsensical, satirical, farce, but even then, this movie might not satisfy your craving. Collapse
  10. CRL
    Aug 30, 2011
    There were several disappointing things about Land of the Lost. One was it's lost potential with a cast that included Will Ferrel, Anna Friel, and Danny McBride. Another was the lackluster special effects; whether intentional or unintentional the people in what looked like Halloween costumes. Maybe the worst, it actually shows a flash of humor every once in a while... only to bury it once again under the aforementioned horrible special effects, awful acting, and nonexistent plot. Expand
  11. Apr 24, 2011
    Cast SUCKS!!! I Hate The Stupid Plot.. Acting Was So Bad..
    All I can Say Is 0!
  12. cd1
    Mar 20, 2011
    I didn't have high hopes for the movie to begin with, just to be entertained. I was not prepared for the inappropriateness, senseless crude language, the sexual innuendo, and gay sexual references. The worst part was the anti-Christian message when Will Ferrell was tripping on a narcotic plant and said something to the effect of "I love you more than Jesus loved humanity as he hung on the cross." If you are interested in anti-Christian, gay supporting, drug defaulting, crude movies, this one is for you. Shame on you Will Ferrell! You can do better than that! Expand
  13. Feb 19, 2011
    Hey, I'm a Movie Lover so basically I love all movies, I'm not really a Will Ferell fan (The only movie I really liked of his was Stranger Than Fiction) But, this Land of the Lost, It wasn't awesome, and it wasn't bad either, it was cute, Like just something to watch when your bored or really high.........
  14. Feb 6, 2011
    I seriously don't know what's up with the critics. This is so funny and awesome.
  15. Oct 26, 2010
    a funny film i thought . i do remember waching the original tv show as a kid but i was like 8 and that was 20+ years ago and really dont remember much of any thing about it. no im sure its not very accurate to the original tv show and i think if it was might have been kind of boring actaully but ferrel and mcbride give it a nice spice of commedy that if you dont like ferrels humor you probubly wont like this film. he is hit or miss with me but this one was a hit and i had some good laughs waching it. Expand

1. Land of the Lost has stray amusing tidbits, but overall it leaves you feeling splattered.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    The result is a movie with an exceedingly narrow target audience that should test Will Ferrell's appeal among boys maybe ages 12-14 -- about the only demo likely able to endure this laborious mess.
    A turd of T-Rex proportions, Land of the Lost makes one remember last summer's "Speed Racer" fondly.