7.8

1. Sep 24, 2011
    Man, why won't people know that game-adapted movies don't have the capacity to become equal as those from the pure brain? "The Cradle of Life" is a very appropriate example and solution for my statement. Its terrible, worse than the prequel. Avoid the movie and watch something alse.
  2. MariannaS.
    Jan 6, 2009
    One of the best movies ever! Angelina is the best actress. The plot is better than the first movie (which is great, too!).
  3. Oct 24, 2010
    also, a boring piece of crap
  4. May 19, 2013
    But a movie has to be judged on its own merits, and Cradle of Life is executed in a sort of workman like fashion. It's a tad slow and overlong mainly because the plot is so thin, but the action sequences have their moments. It derails when the gang reaches the title Cradle of Life, where they encounter shadow demons and a realm where physics don't apply. The ending is lifted almostBut a movie has to be judged on its own merits, and Cradle of Life is executed in a sort of workman like fashion. It's a tad slow and overlong mainly because the plot is so thin, but the action sequences have their moments. It derails when the gang reaches the title Cradle of Life, where they encounter shadow demons and a realm where physics don't apply. The ending is lifted almost entirely from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, including the decision about what to do with Pandora's Box. And in the end, Lara Croft, just like the audience, doesn't really care what's happened, who's been hurt or if the world has been saved. It was just another day at the office for this video game heroine. Expand
  5. MikkoA.
    Nov 30, 2003
    Great action with awesome locations and actress.
  6. Jayc
    Jul 26, 2003
    Awsome, hot and interesting.
  7. AnnaB.
    Sep 6, 2003
  8. Sam
    Jul 7, 2005
    I actually liked the first one better, but they're both fun films. I hate village voice, from this to spider-man 2 and tons of other movies, they usually give good movies bad reviews. Both 1 and 2 need improvement, but if there isn't a sequel i'll be happy with what i got.
  9. BradD.
    Aug 12, 2003
    The only other movie I've walked out of before is Spy Kids, and thats not much competition for a movie that features an oscar winning actress and the director of Speed. This movie is terrible. It is soooo boring. And yet it is so action packed its almost as if they tried to make it not boring but failure is inevitable in a movie like this.
  10. DelwayneB.
    Aug 20, 2003
    This movie is cool.
  11. Dudley
    Aug 6, 2003
    Bad, I mean really bad. If you must see it, wait for the DVD. Not worthy of your hard earned dollars.
  12. AnnaB.
  24. AnnaB.
  25. AnnaB.
  26. AllanB.
    Sep 4, 2003
    The best movie of the serie !
  27. ColinC
    Mar 30, 2009
    A fun movie that deserves more credit. Although, the video game is still the best.
  28. christians
    Aug 8, 2009
    A disappointment that has a terrible conclusion and a flimsy script. the first is better.
  29. RandyO.
    Oct 15, 2003
    I think that Angelina Jolie Did an excellent perfromance in the Tomb Raider 2 Movie. Can not wait Til #3
  30. ChadS.
    Jul 26, 2003
    "Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life" comes alive for a brief moment when our heroine speaks Chinese to a boat-dwelling family. It's the only time Jolie looks like she's having any fun. Couldn't the writers give her some wise-crackin' one-liners or playful banter with the romantic interest? At least Arnold has "Talk to the hand." If personalities don't "Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life" comes alive for a brief moment when our heroine speaks Chinese to a boat-dwelling family. It's the only time Jolie looks like she's having any fun. Couldn't the writers give her some wise-crackin' one-liners or playful banter with the romantic interest? At least Arnold has "Talk to the hand." If personalities don't emerge, you sit and stifle a yawn while waiting for the next action sequence. Expand
  31. TellyS.
    Jul 26, 2003
    If you don't like "brain numbing pieces of Hollywood escriment", don't go see them. As long as "brain numbed American movie goers" keep paying hundreds of millions of dollars to see "brain numbing pieces of Hollywood escriment" they will contiue to be made.
  32. KelvinM.
    Jul 27, 2003
    Extremely painful to watch. Jan De Bont couldn't have made a worse movie if he tried. This confirms my belief that film critics must be paid off by the studios. How is it possible that Roger Ebert gave this movie a good review. Perhaps he skipped the screening and made up a review from the Cliff Notes. I want my money back on this one.
  33. DevonY.
    Aug 11, 2003
    Gimme a break as this movie is awful. In one word: REFUND.
  34. AnnaB.
  69. AnnaB.
  70. AnnaB.
  71. NickV.
    Jan 4, 2004
    Sorry, but this was pretty bad. There are alot of better ones out there and you can afford to miss this one.
  72. JaredC.
    Jul 29, 2007
    Way more than the first, it actually has acting, action, fantasy, one of the years best.
  73. NielS.
    Nov 23, 2003
    The sequel upholds the Croft image nicely. I suggest many critics who gave the lower scores are merely low self-image, misguided, populous "butt-kissers". Dogging an entertaining movie provokes attention when origional reviewer thought is lacking. Additionally, you will notice many of the lower ratings try save face by exclude Angelina from their attacks by saying she is too good for the The sequel upholds the Croft image nicely. I suggest many critics who gave the lower scores are merely low self-image, misguided, populous "butt-kissers". Dogging an entertaining movie provokes attention when origional reviewer thought is lacking. Additionally, you will notice many of the lower ratings try save face by exclude Angelina from their attacks by saying she is too good for the Croft series. Wake up, the Lara Croft character is huge for a reason. Her attribute combination is appealing. Angelina Jolie is a perfect match for the role. She IS the movie. So quit being jealous over not being her or not being able to have her and give the moving the entertaing credit it deserves. Expand
  74. GregT.
    Nov 24, 2003
    The critics may have panned this movie but what.....? It's an action movie with lots of action. You won't fall asleep in it. The storyline is not brain science, but what current movie is? And Ms. Jolie is awful purty fer a girl....
  75. CaseyC.
    Oct 15, 2003
    Anyone Who believes that this movie is stupid needs to go watch a Barney movie. It is about their Speed. I thought That Angelina Jolie Did and excellent performance in her role. Thumbs Up!!!!
  76. RonJ.
    Dec 5, 2003
    I'm a Lara Croft fan, but finished this movie wondering when it was going to start. Technically it was good, Jolie was good, but it didn't capture my attention like the original.
  77. AndrejSpec
    Jul 25, 2003
    I have had root canals more pleasant. Will somebody PLEASE stop these brain numbing pieces of Hollywood escriment.
  78. Robert
    Jul 26, 2003
    Absolutely awful. Its impossible to buy the ridiculous stunts that occur in this movie. I've never been so bored during such a frenetically paced action movie as I was during this.
  79. RyanM.
    As bad as bad gets.
  80. Beowulf
    Jul 28, 2003
    Not even AJ's wetsuit nipples (which seemed a little too perky to be real) could save this movie. Substandard special effects, banal dialoge, innane plot... nothing worth seeing here.
  81. LouC.
    Jul 29, 2003
    I haven't seen the movie yet but if Ciaran HInds is in it, I will. The score I give the movie is for him alone. I'm just waiting for Hollywood to realize Mr. Hinds is the sexist man on this planet.
  82. DevonN.
    Aug 14, 2003
    This movie was awesome!! I loved it from beginning to end.
  83. DavidL.
    Aug 19, 2003
    A lot more plausible than the first movie. Though it still reaches into its unrealisitic video game roots during a few scenes. (I thought the shark scene was kind of stupid) The movie does not deserve all of the bad reviews above. The movie has a lot of action (enough for a second viewing because it was to hard to catch the first time) and AJ was enjoyable to watch all the way through. A lot more plausible than the first movie. Though it still reaches into its unrealisitic video game roots during a few scenes. (I thought the shark scene was kind of stupid) The movie does not deserve all of the bad reviews above. The movie has a lot of action (enough for a second viewing because it was to hard to catch the first time) and AJ was enjoyable to watch all the way through. Still a lot of people will feel this is a rental. Expand
  84. JustinM.
    Sep 21, 2003
    A fun movie. A big step forward from its predecessor, though that's not such a difficult thing to achieve. See it in theatres if you're a Lara Croft fan, but it also makes a good rent for action fans.
  85. TearneS.
    Sep 25, 2003
    Because i just love her.

1. Reviewed by: David Ansen
    It’s not half bad, with cool locations and a great stunt leap from the top of a Hong Kong high-rise.
    Superior to 2001's "Lara Croft: Tomb Raider" in almost every way. It's better directed, more consistently acted, and its writing, while at times ridiculous, at least has a modicum of logic at its core. I still had to slap myself to stay awake.
  3. A creditable genre entry, the rare action movie with a discernible story, an assured pace and a charismatic central character. It falls apart in the end.