8.0

1. Sep 24, 2011
    Man, why won't people know that game-adapted movies don't have the capacity to become equal as those from the pure brain? "The Cradle of Life" is a very appropriate example and solution for my statement. Its terrible, worse than the prequel. Avoid the movie and watch something alse.
  2. Oct 24, 2010
    also, a boring piece of crap
  3. BradD.
    Aug 12, 2003
    The only other movie I've walked out of before is Spy Kids, and thats not much competition for a movie that features an oscar winning actress and the director of Speed. This movie is terrible. It is soooo boring. And yet it is so action packed its almost as if they tried to make it not boring but failure is inevitable in a movie like this.
  4. Dudley
    Aug 6, 2003
    Bad, I mean really bad. If you must see it, wait for the DVD. Not worthy of your hard earned dollars.
  5. TellyS.
    Jul 26, 2003
    If you don't like "brain numbing pieces of Hollywood escriment", don't go see them. As long as "brain numbed American movie goers" keep paying hundreds of millions of dollars to see "brain numbing pieces of Hollywood escriment" they will contiue to be made.
  6. KelvinM.
    Jul 27, 2003
    Extremely painful to watch. Jan De Bont couldn't have made a worse movie if he tried. This confirms my belief that film critics must be paid off by the studios. How is it possible that Roger Ebert gave this movie a good review. Perhaps he skipped the screening and made up a review from the Cliff Notes. I want my money back on this one.
  7. DevonY.
    Aug 11, 2003
    Gimme a break as this movie is awful. In one word: REFUND.
  8. NickV.
    Jan 4, 2004
    Sorry, but this was pretty bad. There are alot of better ones out there and you can afford to miss this one.
  9. AndrejSpec
    Jul 25, 2003
    I have had root canals more pleasant. Will somebody PLEASE stop these brain numbing pieces of Hollywood escriment.
  10. Robert
    Jul 26, 2003
    Absolutely awful. Its impossible to buy the ridiculous stunts that occur in this movie. I've never been so bored during such a frenetically paced action movie as I was during this.
  11. RyanM.
    As bad as bad gets.
  12. Beowulf
    Jul 28, 2003
    Not even AJ's wetsuit nipples (which seemed a little too perky to be real) could save this movie. Substandard special effects, banal dialoge, innane plot... nothing worth seeing here.
  13. Oct 6, 2015
    Angelina Jolie.......................................................................................................... YES!

Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life............................................................. NO!

1. Reviewed by: David Ansen
    It’s not half bad, with cool locations and a great stunt leap from the top of a Hong Kong high-rise.
    Superior to 2001's "Lara Croft: Tomb Raider" in almost every way. It's better directed, more consistently acted, and its writing, while at times ridiculous, at least has a modicum of logic at its core. I still had to slap myself to stay awake.
  3. A creditable genre entry, the rare action movie with a discernible story, an assured pace and a charismatic central character. It falls apart in the end.