5.8

1. Aug 9, 2012
    I love Lara Croft: Tomb Raider. Now that's what a good video game movie is all about. I know critics are still feeling the hatred of video game movies affecting Hollywood. Take a look at Tomb Raider: a good, successful, film franchise that's still holding on after all these years and now a reboot is in the works. Although the sequel look a little decent, but I gotta give it up to Ms. Angelina Jolie. She is a phenomenal action star in her own right, marries with Brad Pitt, and of course, she still has the look of a role model. Playing Lara Croft in the movie is just too easy for me to say, but she definitely nailed it. I played all of the Tomb Raider video games, and the original game on PS1 may sorta a lot different than the movie. I really don't trust movie critics and I don't even care what those metascores might say, but can't they get a good and positive reaction, already. Expand

1. It is the perfect modern product: loud, banal, empty, frenzied, plasticized, flavorless, drab, violent in a bloodless way and sexy in a sexless way.
    The effects are cheesy, the photography is murky, the sets look like leftovers from a Las Vegas stage spectacular -- and the flick appears to have been edited with a roulette wheel.
  3. I realize fantasy-based action movies aren't supposed to be as complex as William Gibson's novels. But do they have to be this simple-minded?