5.4

1. clintH.
    Jul 19, 2005
    Sad but stunning, Pitt is superb. This film REALLY stays with you.
  2. ManuelV.
    Jul 21, 2005
    Somber look at the last couple of days trudging through the mundane life of a rockstar. The film has remained in the background of my thoughts for days after the screening. Initially I was unsure of the impact it would have on me, however, the final scene did evoke emotions that I had suppressed since the untimely death of Kurt Cobain. Michael Pitt succeeds in embracing the character as Somber look at the last couple of days trudging through the mundane life of a rockstar. The film has remained in the background of my thoughts for days after the screening. Initially I was unsure of the impact it would have on me, however, the final scene did evoke emotions that I had suppressed since the untimely death of Kurt Cobain. Michael Pitt succeeds in embracing the character as well as Kilmer did for Morrison and Carey did for Kaufman. Great location selection and shot with care, I left the theatre glad that Van Sant shared this project with us. Expand
  3. MikeV.
    Aug 2, 2005
    It's an awesome movie.
  4. JenniferI.
    Sep 16, 2005
    Not only is this movie genius I am a big kurt cobain fan and I think it explained what he went through and I loved every minute of it.
  5. victorf.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Yhes a good movie.
  6. MattV.
    Dec 28, 2005
    Anyone who doesnt think this movie is great is clearly a moron. It is Art. It is a concept of what thelast days might have been like. If you shop at the GAP or enjoy Vin Disel Movies dont see this. You wont get it and you never will. All those who gave poor reviews... please do us all a favor and go away. This is not my opinion this is artistic fact.
  7. Ke.Ja.
    Jan 2, 2006
    Beautiful and disturbing. Not for everyone though. It's like another fraction of Cobain's mediatic persona. Una pelicula para contemplar y sufrir, pero vale la pena.
  8. ChadS.
    Feb 8, 2006
    "Last Days" reminded me of the anger that greeted Bob Woodward's "Wired: The Short Life and Fast Times of John Belushi" from the SNL star's friends because the scribe depicted their pal in a one-dimensional manner. He was a drug addict. Director Gus Van Sant, who seems to be in a "I can be more European than you" contest with Jim Jarmusch, unfairly shows "Blake"(Michael Pitt) "Last Days" reminded me of the anger that greeted Bob Woodward's "Wired: The Short Life and Fast Times of John Belushi" from the SNL star's friends because the scribe depicted their pal in a one-dimensional manner. He was a drug addict. Director Gus Van Sant, who seems to be in a "I can be more European than you" contest with Jim Jarmusch, unfairly shows "Blake"(Michael Pitt) when he's at his most pathetic, his last days. "Last Days" is admirable for not being a traditional biopic like "Walk the Line", or "Ray", in which we see the artist's rise and fall, but by effacing the rise, this film must be very dispiriting and off-putting to those who knew the killer of big hair. Nevertheless, "Last Days" is brilliant in implicating Blake's friends(a veiled reference to Courtney Love) for the late singer's death by not doing anything. Shortly before Blake performs a song, he's badgered by a houseguest who wants help in the music biz, seemingly oblivious to his connection's drug-addled state. Interestingly, this leech seems to be suggestive of Rivers Cuomo, and his song "Across the Sea". "Last Days" is no doubt, a downer, but an essential document of how unglamorous drugs really are. Expand
  9. JohnM.
    Jul 13, 2006
    Wonderful movie, well crafted and seems to clear up some of the mystery surrounding Kurt, although it states at the end the movie it is a work of fiction, it is based on Kurts last days.
  10. Nico
    Jan 30, 2007
    People who use the words chick, crap or dude (in any context) should be sent to a gas chamber. Thank you.

1. Reviewed by: Greg Bellavia
    A victory for ambitious filmmaking if not always a successful attempt at character study.
  2. Yet music, the one thing that might have given the film some kick, is de-emphasized, with only two songs sneaking into the picture.
  3. Reviewed by: Leslie Felperin
    Result is dead-on depiction of the hedonistic rock lifestyle, punctuated by sequences of haunting beauty but also quasi-religious imagery that borders on tacky.