8.4

Aug 11, 2003
    My new favorite movie.
  2. JennyC.
    Oct 28, 2003
    I was living in Barcelona for an entire year myself as a student, and I have to say that this movie captures exactly what that experience was like - absolutely amazing!
  3. ShaneM.
    Jun 2, 2003
    This was a very funny but realistic movie about living in a foreign culture when young. The rag-tag collection of roommates were great, Romain Duris as Xavier played the part beautifully, it reminded me of a time when you learned about life by going out for drinks with friends....
  4. AidaZ.
    Jul 1, 2003
    Sensational. Everyone concerned -specially students - must see a film like this one. Young university student movies in the US seem like pure garbage compared to l'auberge espagnole. And an excellent view of Ciutat Vella in Barcelona!
  5. J.RyanG.
    Jun 17, 2005
    A pro-European Union political essay that was adapted to the big screen. Energetic and constantly thinking, the film would work brilliantly if the main character weren't a complete loser, if certain romantic subplots weren't completely illegitimate, and if the ending's revelation wasn't completely uncalled for.
  6. CarlosC.
    Jan 13, 2004
    A great film that depicts the crazy life of a study abroad experience. From the music to the beautiful sights of Barcelona, I rate this movie a ten!
  7. LB
    Mar 7, 2004
    Wonderfully upbeat, realistic, comical movie. A must see foreign flick.
  8. TerenceP
    Feb 7, 2005
    This is a very enjoyable movie, like mentioned already, it reminded me of my time living in Europe. The characters are well written and the dialog is lively. I highly recommend this movie.
  9. AmurabiM.
    Aug 7, 2006
    Without the annoying visual effects, the lead character in his depressive period (and loser attitude) and the use of bad accents in spanish (looks like the actors learn just the lines who performed, but they are not believable like students in Barcelona in an entire year of learning language), "L´Auberge Espagnole" could be a great french comedy without corny approaches. Without the annoying visual effects, the lead character in his depressive period (and loser attitude) and the use of bad accents in spanish (looks like the actors learn just the lines who performed, but they are not believable like students in Barcelona in an entire year of learning language), "L´Auberge Espagnole" could be a great french comedy without corny approaches. Klapisch´s film looks radiant, vibrant, funny, full of life, splendorous and optimistic. Someone coul be understand the propaganda in it, but the whole sense of the movie prevails over that. This film is not hilarious but has some joie de vivre that is more important and vital. Expand
  10. KyleInFrance
    Oct 24, 2003
    Excellent film. Better in French.
  11. JorgeA.
    Apr 22, 2005
    Très comique! A mi me gusta porque usa las tres idiomas que más me gustan. I especially love the fact that there is much to be loved about different cultures and how Xavier learns many of life's greatest lessons from the most unlikely of places.
  12. Mark
    Nov 12, 2003
    Loved this movie. Reminded me of my study abroad experience... See it, love it.
  13. HassanB.
    Oct 22, 2003
    Absolutely entertaining. Shows the heart and minds of Europeans and takes into the life of Xavier, as he tries to find himself, much like all of us teens and young adults do! Excellent!
  14. MikeyG.
    May 29, 2003
    This was an excellent movie! The characters were great, the location was beautiful, and the message was inspiring. Very funny at times and very heart-warming at others, this movie is one of very few movies that are very truthful in what they says and what their characters say. They act like real people and at the same time are highly likable. Everyone should definitely go see this movie!
  15. RachelB.
    Jun 16, 2003
    Excellent film. A must see. It has vision. The characters are real. A pleasure.
  16. David
    Jun 29, 2003
    Aside from a couple of loose ends that should have been dealt with or excluded from the plot entirely, I loved this film. The actors did an excellent job portraying their characters. This one broght back a ton of memories from my year in Spain!
  17. JuniorN.
    Mar 24, 2004
    This is better than a lotta things that they show us on the box office...this is an intelligent movie , funny, a must see!!!! C'est Plus intelligent que beaucoup de navet qui passe au box-office et meilleur!
  18. Nov 27, 2013
    Cédric Klapisch starts his trilogy "Spanish Apartment" is good. Romain Duris reminds me to Adèle Exarchopoulos in "Blue Is the Warmest Colour". Duris hesitates about his life, his future. I think that Klapisch has made very good with Spanish reality in Barcelona (Catalan struggles for example). It's true too lives of Erasmus students. French film is fresh and good beginning (next "RussianCédric Klapisch starts his trilogy "Spanish Apartment" is good. Romain Duris reminds me to Adèle Exarchopoulos in "Blue Is the Warmest Colour". Duris hesitates about his life, his future. I think that Klapisch has made very good with Spanish reality in Barcelona (Catalan struggles for example). It's true too lives of Erasmus students. French film is fresh and good beginning (next "Russian Dolls" and coming soon "Chinese Puzzle". Expand

1. The pace is fairly hectic, which it needs to be. (Mustn't linger on bubbles.) The performances are warm, especially the tender Judith Godrèche as the doctor's wife.
    Best of all, L'Auberge Espagnol uses Barcelona as a veritable character, a picturesque, vivacious place where, as one character puts it, ''No one eats before 10 p.m."
  3. Exhilarating comedy...Its warm, embracing spirit is refreshing in these divisive times.