Universal Pictures | Release Date: April 4, 2008
5.5
Mixed or average reviews based on 45 Ratings
WATCH NOW
DavidG.Apr 9, 2008
Clooney has turned in to the movie equivalent of a cover band. Vomiting back genres of pictures no one goes to see any more. Clooney is a few pictures away from doing tv again.
JasonR.Apr 21, 2008
I walked out after about 30 minutes so I can not give a detailed review. From what I saw was Hollywood making a high marketed low budget film with an experienced cast that had to fulfill their contractual obligations. Piece of garbage...
DonnieH.Apr 17, 2008
What was up with Renee Zellwegger in this movie? She looked all puffy. But a bad movie all in all. I agree its ripping off movies no one wants to see anymore.
ChrisC.Apr 6, 2008
Not funny at all.
SpangleJul 30, 2016
I like George Clooney, but Leatherheads sucks. The story is horribly written, the characters are one-dimensional stereotypes, and the film is too torn between being a cliche sports film or a cliche rom-com. However, the worst part of all thatI like George Clooney, but Leatherheads sucks. The story is horribly written, the characters are one-dimensional stereotypes, and the film is too torn between being a cliche sports film or a cliche rom-com. However, the worst part of all that is the story. Just dumb and it never worked. It felt like an entirely dull experience that just never clicked or could get out of its own way. The jokes all fall flat and feel entirely forced. So forced, in fact, I kept waiting for a laugh track. Leatherheads honestly felt like a bad SNL skit or a bad skit on a late night television show that went on for two hours. If you know anything about how bad those skits can get, then you know how bad Leatherheads can be. The only redeeming part here is Clooney himself who turns in a characteristically charismatic performance in the lead role. Unfortunately, that is the only nice thing I can say. Bad writing, direction, and unfunny "jokes" derail Leatherheads into a very bad film. Expand
RayzorMooseNov 15, 2013
Leatherheads is daft.
Leatherheads is daft.
The movie at times is nearly unwatchable. The script is terrible, the actors suffer horribly from poor dialogue, and the overall result is just an inconsistent sports comedy with no real purpose. Leatherheads is a classic result of poor writing.