Telepathic Studios | Release Date: April 2, 2010
7.1
Generally favorable reviews based on 27 Ratings
Watch Now
TVJerryMar 16, 2011
Every once in a while, a movie slips thru the cracks and ends up as a delightful surprise on cable. "Leaves of Grass" (currently on Showtime) stars Edward Norton in a skillful turn as twins (one a classics professor, the other a redneckEvery once in a while, a movie slips thru the cracks and ends up as a delightful surprise on cable. "Leaves of Grass" (currently on Showtime) stars Edward Norton in a skillful turn as twins (one a classics professor, the other a redneck dealer). It was written and directed by Tim Blake Nelson (he also has a part) and is funny, sweet and shocking. Don't miss this minor masterpiece. Expand
DukeNov 2, 2010
A Film Review By: Sam Fragoso

â
preciouskikiSep 4, 2016
"Leaves of Grass" was such a pleasant surprise. I don't know why I had not really heard of it, and if that's true for everyone, it's a shame, because this movie was really fun to watch. Great cast: Edward Norton in a dual role, Susan"Leaves of Grass" was such a pleasant surprise. I don't know why I had not really heard of it, and if that's true for everyone, it's a shame, because this movie was really fun to watch. Great cast: Edward Norton in a dual role, Susan Sarandon, Richard Dreyfuss, Keri Russell, Ty Burrell (from Modern Family) and Melanie Lynskey were all just terrific in it. Really perfect. Oh, and Josh Pais as the orthodontist he meets on the plane-- he is so good! I never knew his name, but you've seen him a thousand times.

I also loved the character of Bolger so much that I had to Google him afterwards, even though it was late and I was really tired, so that says something. I found out that he was played by Tim Blake Nelson, who also co-starred in "O Brother Where Art Thou" alongside George Clooney, and a lot of other stuff too numerous to list. Upon Googling, I learned that Tim Blake Nelson also sings in that movie, and possibly this one, too, because it has a somewhat similar soundtrack, but not really, if that makes any sense. I also learned that he wrote and directed this one. It's a comedy-drama and even has some bits of violence in it, for those of you who like that sort of thing. In other words, ladies, your husbands will like this movie, too.

The movie begins on the campus of Brown University in Providence, RI, and then moves on to Oklahoma. It turns out that writer-director-singer is from Oklahoma and went to Brown University, so he knows what he is talking about. It is so much fun watching Edward Norton play both brothers, the buttoned-up Brown professor and the equally brilliant but ne'er-do-well pot-smoking brother. Highly recommended.