MGM Home Entertainment | Release Date: October 27, 1995
9.0
Universal acclaim based on 189 Ratings
Watch Now
BroyaxApr 13, 2017
L'histoire d'un poivrot qui veut se suicider à l'alcool et qui se bourre donc la gueule à en crever à Las Vegas en compagnie d'une pute esseulée... Lui ne veut pas arrêter de picoler, elle ne veut point cesser de faire le tapin : c'est làL'histoire d'un poivrot qui veut se suicider à l'alcool et qui se bourre donc la gueule à en crever à Las Vegas en compagnie d'une pute esseulée... Lui ne veut pas arrêter de picoler, elle ne veut point cesser de faire le tapin : c'est là tout le drame de cette idylle naissante, de cette Bouteille Story, entre deux êtres qui auraient pu être heureux ensemble s'ils étaient restés "normaux" mais qui ne se seraient jamais rencontrés s'ils n'étaient pas déjà tous les deux des épaves...

Nicolas Cage est impérial, la musique jazz est superbe, Elisabeth Shue est radieuse de maturité, la photographie est belle et l'ambiance est extraordinaire : ce n'est donc pas le chiantissime Mort à Venise mais le formidable Glou-glou à Vegas, ville aussi brillante que décadente, où tout n'est qu'illusion et désenchantement...
EpicLadySpongeApr 30, 2016
Nicolas Cage is rocking himself in Las Vegas in Leaving Las Vegas. With it, it shows how much Nicolas Cage can enter his great side in movies and shows how much he's willing to leave that place forever.
SpangleFeb 9, 2015
Dark, depressing, and extremely raw, Leaving Las Vegas is an exquisitely made film that showcases Nicolas Cage and Elisabeth Shue in one of the best roles of their careers. Featuring two very troubled individuals who fall in love, Leaving LasDark, depressing, and extremely raw, Leaving Las Vegas is an exquisitely made film that showcases Nicolas Cage and Elisabeth Shue in one of the best roles of their careers. Featuring two very troubled individuals who fall in love, Leaving Las Vegas is one that certainly hits you hard and really makes you feel attached and feel a lot of empathy for the characters. Though these people may not be the best human beings ever (in particular Cage's character), you get a sense that there is more to both of them and that they absolutely need one another. A very interesting character study and an interesting look at the seedier parts of Las Vegas, this one does have its negatives. Namely the fact that it can drag a bit. While riveting and a very interesting example of how a film just needs characters, not necessarily a plot to make it successful, this one does slow down at times, which is what made me not enjoy it as much as others. However, overall, it stands tall as a great example of two people on the downslide of life who find each other. Expand
diogomendesAug 14, 2014
This is the first movie that has positive reviews and I give it a mixed review. I think the movie is well acted (Nicolas Cage nails it) but the rest of movie is entirely depressing, with no compelling characters or storytelling
cameronmorewoodNov 15, 2012
It's deep, surreal, and offers a kind of operatic ecstasy that is both wonderful and heartbreaking at the same time. Nicholas Cage and Elisabeth Shue also deliver flawless performances.
ErosiccuJan 23, 2012
This movie cannot be taken at face value otherwise you will entirely miss the point. This move DOES have phenomenal philosophical value and depth. I can see how watching this movie without any guidance will lead you to believe it is possiblyThis movie cannot be taken at face value otherwise you will entirely miss the point. This move DOES have phenomenal philosophical value and depth. I can see how watching this movie without any guidance will lead you to believe it is possibly the most terrible movie ever made but I was asked to watch this for a Philosophy course called The Meaning of Life and looking at the film through that lens made all the difference. Watch this movie, pretend to be super philosophical and deep, and see what you can get out of it. Collapse
HaroldP.Dec 30, 2008
Won't say it's the finest movie ever made, but it's my favorite ever. This film haunts me days after I watch it. Elisabeth Shue's tragic beauty is almost too much to bear. If you've ever loved and lost you understand Won't say it's the finest movie ever made, but it's my favorite ever. This film haunts me days after I watch it. Elisabeth Shue's tragic beauty is almost too much to bear. If you've ever loved and lost you understand what I mean.... This is Nicolas Cage's best performance, it's clear he knows his way around the bottle. Depressing, yes, ultimately uplifting...no. Just a small window into the lives of two hurt souls who finally find a lover and friend, even if they both know it's much too late...awesome. Expand
TedK.Jun 20, 2008
Cage's performance is mesmerizing. This movie will resonate with anyone who has struggled with alcoholism. It can be a downer but the film--and Cage in particular--is so memorable that it's worth watching.
JobA.Dec 21, 2005
I've seen this movie probably 30 times.The acting by cage is really unbelievable.Who ever doesn't like this movie never really paid attention to the amazing story and acting.A work of art.