5.4

1. Josh
    Jun 28, 2007
    Read the book of revelation! and you will see that this movie is total mess! 2 god whitenesses hanging by the wailing wall doing nothing??? What is that? I think this whole theory of pre-tribulation rapture is for lazy Christians who is afraid to stand for their faith! "Let the other unbelievers will do our work for us!". Only thing that i like was that "unbelievers" ware actually Read the book of revelation! and you will see that this movie is total mess! 2 god whitenesses hanging by the wailing wall doing nothing??? What is that? I think this whole theory of pre-tribulation rapture is for lazy Christians who is afraid to stand for their faith! "Let the other unbelievers will do our work for us!". Only thing that i like was that "unbelievers" ware actually whitnessing while most of Christian today just waiting for a rapture. Expand
  2. TonyM.
    Jan 17, 2007
    Pfft. If MST3K had only stuck around for a few more years, maybe we would have seen this movie get the treatment it deserves. The lame pop song playing over the end credits is the topping to this cheesecake.
  3. CoreyR.
    Feb 8, 2005
    Wow. C-list television stars take on the anitchrist. I didn't think anything could top the Left Behind novels for sheer incompetence in storytelling, but they did it here. How anyone can claim the 'biblical truths' outweigh the gawdawful production is beyond me. It fails on every conceivable level. It's not even bad enough to be fun.
  4. Mr.C.
    Feb 2, 2001
    This is a steaming pile of celluloid that is no different than any Hollywood attempt to turn crap into profit, save for a unique marketing ploy--a tenuous connection to Jesus.
  5. PhilB.
    Sep 26, 2002
    As a lifelong christian this film makes me cringe and want to crawl under the table. The film confirms one's worst fears about the extreme religious right, the nutty paranoia, the demonizing of any attempt at intellectualism or at an otherwise biblically-based mandate for christians to work toward peace and social justice throughout the world. Barf!
  6. DavidS.
    Mar 6, 2003
    I agree w/ Mr. C. This is without a doubt one of the worst movies I have ever seen. It starts off as a pretty good thriller/mystery but descends pretty quickly once the God stuff starts. While it (and the books) might appeal to some (although I for one don't know why!), I won't be renting the next movie or buying any of the books! What claptrap!
    Oct 27, 2005
    Reduces Christianity to glorified fire insurance for the afterlife or whenever the cooks manage to Immanentize the Eschaton. Where's the Christ in this Christianity?
  8. JoshW.
    Aug 17, 2005
    Oh... My God... Well, (ahem) having read most of the novels and actually enjoying them, this was a huge dissapointment. But beyond that, this is possibly one of the worst films I've ever seen. The acting is horrid, the script isn't fit to clean up the theater floor with, and it all combines to sadden you for the rest of the day following the end of the film.

1. A blundering cringefest, thanks to unintentionally laughable dialogue, hackneyed writing and uninspired direction.
  2. It's well-shot and well-edited by Hollywood standards, though special effects don't reach the top Hollywood level. The stars have their hearts in their work: Cameron and Johnson don't have great depth but give their all. Currie makes a subtle villain.
  3. Piously acted, stiffly directed, and infused with a view of world politics that might charitably be described as delusional.