4.5

1. AdamG.
    Sep 29, 2007
    Literally the worst film I have ever seen, contrived artless rubbish.
  2. FrankF.
    Oct 1, 2003
    Even better than the 1st... the funniest movie ever made about campaign-finance reform, animal rights, tolerance of gays, female empowerment and the triumph of integrity, kindness and individuality. This movie was hugely ambitious and addressed all these issues without descending into polemic. An interesting aspect of the last few Witherspoon movies has been the offering of stereotypes so Even better than the 1st... the funniest movie ever made about campaign-finance reform, animal rights, tolerance of gays, female empowerment and the triumph of integrity, kindness and individuality. This movie was hugely ambitious and addressed all these issues without descending into polemic. An interesting aspect of the last few Witherspoon movies has been the offering of stereotypes so deliberately exaggerated as to be a virtual cartoon and then having those characters behave completely contrary to expectations. California sorority blondes don't have to be dumb, small-town southern rednecks don't have to be racist or homophobic. Even the "villains" in these movies are treated with respect, i.e. their role as antagonists is situational, not congenital. Expand
  3. ShellyM.
    Nov 8, 2003
    You cannot what speak to you! this film it is extra! you are to in no case expert croyer me! [Ed: ???]
  4. MichelleP.
    Jul 3, 2003
    Well, I thought the first was very good. It was hilarious, had a nice plot that was supported by sub-plots to keep it light on its feet, and some good characters. I heard one girl in my writing class mention this sequel and said it was "really good!". So after being severly disappointed with "The Matrix Reloaded" (sigh...) I decieded to give this sequel a shot. Well, it wasn't any Well, I thought the first was very good. It was hilarious, had a nice plot that was supported by sub-plots to keep it light on its feet, and some good characters. I heard one girl in my writing class mention this sequel and said it was "really good!". So after being severly disappointed with "The Matrix Reloaded" (sigh...) I decieded to give this sequel a shot. Well, it wasn't any better. It was nice to see Elle and her fiancee get married, but really, I don't think "Legally Blonde" really needed a sequel. You could tell this one was here to make money. The first one left us a good message about discovering our true selves, but this seemed to be the same type of moral. The plot contained absolutely no entertaining sub-plots like the first one did. Unlike the first one, which had one plot...which lead to a next, and a next, this one was just focused on one plot. And it wasn't even that exciting, or fun, or good. Now this is not just anyone saying this. This is coming from a tree-hugging bleeding heart who loves her dog like a daughter, and I hate thinking about how animals get experimented on, but this showed protesting against animal experiments in such a corny way and it seemed to shove that idea down your throat rather than gently. The court scenes were simply hilarious in the first, but I think I only laughed briefly once at one line in the court scene. But wait! Movies are supposed to be fun and entertaining! This movie wasn't that fun or entertaining. In fact the ending was so rushed, it made the movie even worse than it already was. Oh yeah, but Reese Witherspoon was fun to watch which stopped me from rating this a 0, but many of the characters seemed to be repeated ones from the first, and I didn't like that. So, I'm sorry if I disappointed any fans of this movie but really, this isn't some huge universal-acclaim movie like Lord of the Rings. This is a money-making unfunny sequel to a hilarious comedy. Expand
  5. WAKOJAKO
    Jul 9, 2003
    Definitely inferior to the first one, but a far more satisfying respite from the heat than many a so-called "summer entertainment" out there. At least I laughed. Of course the plot is hockey. Of course the premise is ridiculous. But you don't go to a film like this to find truth. You go to laugh at the sheer silliness of it all. And that I did.
  6. JenL.
    May 7, 2004
    What channels were used by elles woods when she spoke?
  7. DavidK.
    Jul 25, 2003
    This was supposed to be a comedy, right? I laughed exactly nonce. The rest of the audience didn't get too excited either. The bad news that it looks as if there's plans for Legally Blond 3. And the really bad news is that it probably won't feature Patrick Bateman (American Psycho).
  8. RobertH.
    Jul 20, 2003
    Awful!
  9. Fantasy
    Jul 4, 2003
    Michelle P is on the money but used too many words in her narrative. Let me simplify her review. The movie sucked and it was made to capitalize on the original. Avoid at all costs.
  10. MattG.
    Aug 4, 2003
    I can sum up this debacle very simply. RED, WHITE & BORING. No more please.
  11. Dr.Ed
    Aug 5, 2003
    Lame, Lamer & Lamest would be more appropriate. Just horrendous.
  12. KateV.
    Jan 3, 2004
    "Snaps for Legally Blonde2 !" This sequel like many others was not as good as the first, but still very impressive. The snap cup song was great and the million dog march was also, very funny. But, I have to say my favorite part of this movie was `the dog cheer for Bruiser's Bill with Margot and Serena.
  13. KristenZ.
    Feb 10, 2004
    This was an awsome movie. My favorite part was the Snap Cup Song. " Snaps fo Legally Blonde 2!!".
  14. AlexG.
    Feb 2, 2004
    Awful, absolutely awful. Didn't stay till the end because it was that bad. I didn't even want to see the film, but my girlfriend nagged me to see it. We no longer go out.(jokes) Ehh dear, to "Christine E" who said, "only animal haters will not like it", shows the intelligence level of this girl, which by the score she gave this movie, is minimal. What was going through your head Awful, absolutely awful. Didn't stay till the end because it was that bad. I didn't even want to see the film, but my girlfriend nagged me to see it. We no longer go out.(jokes) Ehh dear, to "Christine E" who said, "only animal haters will not like it", shows the intelligence level of this girl, which by the score she gave this movie, is minimal. What was going through your head when u said that christine? What was going through your head. To people who gave this movie a 3 or above are seriously disturbed. And to Christopher G who said, "beter than the first! hilarious! I think this is the best comedy I ever seen! who ever said they hate this is an complete idiot!" Yip, thats right chris, keep telling yourself that. Expand
  15. CameronS.
    May 5, 2004
    On your marks, get set, CRINGE! Oh God, if only congress was that easy. This painful dreck does have one funny scene, and to save anybody bothering to read this the time, "YOUR DOGS ARE GAY."
  16. FaithW.
    Jun 5, 2004
    I love this movie! ... and of course my fave part was the snap cup song... i practically memorized the whole song!
  17. Kapik
    Jul 6, 2005
    Seriously the worst movie I've ever seen.
  18. Joe
    Nov 11, 2003
    Horrendous!!!
  19. SamR.
    Dec 10, 2003
    Did this talented troop read the script before they agreed to appear in it? Did their agents? What were they all thinking?? When the conservative Republican senator from Alamama states, on record, that he has a gay dog and he is proud, I could no longer watch the video. And I'm Gay!!!!
  20. Sprigangirl
    Jul 10, 2003
    For god's sake!How the hell these critics are going to look at this garbage and giving it a 10!You'll never want to see it again!
  21. RobM.
    Jul 15, 2003
    I cannot believe what they have done to Legally Blonde. Reese is soo over.
  22. Apple
    Jul 21, 2003
    I walked out in the middle that is how bad it was.
  23. PhilipF.
    Jul 6, 2003
    Immensley stupid. Every comedy that asks its audience to suspend reality must have a reality within its self-defined universe. This movey has no there there.
  24. DevonY.
    Aug 11, 2003
    No more free passes for Reese. Get yourself a real job honey. Just awful.
  25. HarryH.
    Aug 16, 2003
    In a single word: UGLY.
  26. BunifaJ.
    Aug 20, 2003
    Girl!! Have u ever seen a white grrl do such a gawd damn good J-O-B in a mooovie? Damn. Dat white grrrl's got it goin on! Damn. Dat spirit box was fuu-n-ey. This be my favritte mooovie of da yearrr!
  27. RobertM.
    Sep 19, 2003
    Pink, fuzzy, perky....in other words....gut-wrenchingly, sadistically awful. My girlfriend has lost all movie-picking priveliges. I spent half of the movie wishing I was in the movies alternate universe with a sniper-rifle. Now that would have been funny...
  28. CrappyMovie
    Jan 2, 2004
    The second worst movie i've ever seen in my life. (Next to master of disguise) Here's the jokes made in it: Pink, Gay dog, Blonde, White person acting black, and that's about it. Terrible piece of sh.t.
  29. ~*Kendyl*~
    Mar 12, 2004
    Great Movie! I loved the Snap Cup Song! Not near as good as the first though:(!!!!!!!!
  30. ReeseW.
    Feb 21, 2005
    I loved it! Its was truly inspiring.
  31. ElizaB.
    Aug 19, 2005
    It wasn't the best but it was pretty funny. i think it's movies for little hilary-duff-wannabes.... aka... POSERS. it gets boring after tho.... i mean, seriously that movie is really weird... but not as boring as hulk. that's for sure.
  32. AndieM.
    Nov 13, 2003
    Reese is AWESOME!! She rules the screen and is the most wonderful actress around... plus she has a hott husband. What more could you ask for?
  33. JohnC.
    Nov 14, 2003
    2nd worst movie of my life. I left half way through it when they trotted out the gay dogs. Pathetic.
  34. JessicaW.
    Dec 19, 2003
    I loved it! Not quite as good as the first one, but the snap cup song was awesome! And I love the fact that Bruiser's gay!
  35. DavidR.
    Dec 29, 2003
    Since you know from the start that this is a predictable movie, you really can't fault it for that. However, it's not really cute or charming either, so there's really nothing there.
  36. ChristopherG.
    Jul 18, 2003
  37. ChadS.
    Jul 22, 2003
    Because she is a star, and foremost a nimble actor, Reese Witherspoon transformed "Legally Blonde" into a lightweight pleasure that transcended its intended demographic of young girls. No such luck here. The first film was a success because we accepted the fantasy of Elle Woods at least halfway plausible. It's the wrong time to portray a Capra-esque Washington D.C. at a time when our Because she is a star, and foremost a nimble actor, Reese Witherspoon transformed "Legally Blonde" into a lightweight pleasure that transcended its intended demographic of young girls. No such luck here. The first film was a success because we accepted the fantasy of Elle Woods at least halfway plausible. It's the wrong time to portray a Capra-esque Washington D.C. at a time when our cynicism runs high. But the story had possibilities. Unfortunately, it's a comedy without ambition. Still, the film had dogs and Bob Newhart to distract me from all that pink. "Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde" isn't an utter waste of time, just a time-killer. Expand
  38. ChristineE.
    Dec 12, 2003
    This is a hilarious movie. Reese really showed all the audience what a real funny movie is. It is a movie about love, passion, animals, and justice. I loved it! And only ANIMAL HATERS will not like it. So what are you waiting for? Go and See!!!!!
  39. Sep 1, 2012
    Not as clever or as good as the first, but it still manages lots of fun, humor, and entertainment into it. Many will disagree, but what does that matter. A nice carefree movie.
  40. Jun 8, 2012
    I'm not sure how much worse a movie could get. The most annoying characters, generic plot and horrible humour. I think I would go mad if I watched it a second time.
  41. Jan 26, 2014
    The first Legally Blonde was funny and entertaining, but the sequel is cheaply made and disorganized. The dialogue is forced and the acting isn't as good here.
  42. May 13, 2015
    The humor material isn't funny there is nothing to laugh at, the jokes are cheap and flat, the only thing we laugh at in this movie is Reese Witherspoon's character. The girl characters are stereotypical, the direction is god-awful and so as the script.

1. Reviewed by: Ken Fox
    An even sweeter and lighter whipped confection than "Legally Blonde," this hugely enjoyable sequel serves up a generous second helping of the ingredient that made the original such an irresistible hit.
  2. Both more and less of the same -- more of that hot-pink couture, a whole lot more of that diminutive doggie, less reason to laugh even if you're a tank-topped 16-year-old.
  3. Elle fans will likely ignore the narrative shortcomings in favor of a well-loved character.