7.2

1. May 15, 2015
    Don't ignore the laughability of Legally Blonde. This is not just a cutesy chick flick that it helps to mock. It's a film about woman and a strong one at that. Reese Witherspoon gives us quite the showcase too.
  2. Apr 27, 2014
    I love this movie. It is a perfectly comedic chick flick that Reese Witherspoon has put her stamp all over. She is perfect in her role as Elle Woods and I couldn't imagine anyone else taking that part. It is very light hearted and the script is really funny. It is one of my all-time favourite movies. Plus it shows everyone that us blondes aren't always as stupid as everyone thinks!I love this movie. It is a perfectly comedic chick flick that Reese Witherspoon has put her stamp all over. She is perfect in her role as Elle Woods and I couldn't imagine anyone else taking that part. It is very light hearted and the script is really funny. It is one of my all-time favourite movies. Plus it shows everyone that us blondes aren't always as stupid as everyone thinks! "Whoever said orange was the new pink, was seriously disturbed!" Expand
  3. Jan 25, 2014
    Legally Blonde is a sweet movie with a soft center and a likable protagonist. Reese Witherspoon is perfect as Elle Woods, the naïve, determined gal who wants to prove she can do what she sets her mind to.
  4. Nov 13, 2013
    Legally Blonde is simply forgettable.
    With a concept of defying stereotypes, Legally Blonde succeeds to have moments of laughter but overall, out runs its very small window of opportunity.
  5. Jun 11, 2013
    Wonderfully entertaining. Even though it was unbelievably unrealistic, that is what just made it great. It is just fun to watch and puts you in a good mood. Decent performances all around.
  6. Mar 9, 2013
    This is one of those movies that I absolutely hate to admit that I find funny. It has several absolutely hilarious moments. Sure the main character makes you facepalm almost every time she speaks and the story is completely and utterly ridiculous, but that's part of the movie's charm. It is stupid, it isn't the perfect film but if you want a good laugh (and many of them) and aren't lookingThis is one of those movies that I absolutely hate to admit that I find funny. It has several absolutely hilarious moments. Sure the main character makes you facepalm almost every time she speaks and the story is completely and utterly ridiculous, but that's part of the movie's charm. It is stupid, it isn't the perfect film but if you want a good laugh (and many of them) and aren't looking to watch Oscar gold this is the movie for you! Expand
  7. Dec 24, 2012
    This movie is dull. I am a 16 year old girl, and I actually love chick flicks (it is a guilty pleasure of mine) I knew going in it was going to bad mediocre at best. If you're bored, this is the movie for you. It's not horrible, but it is forgotten after a viewer has watched it. The script: Eh. Acting: Nothing special. Effects; None. Story: Predictable. Diagnosis: Expect a cute movie thatThis movie is dull. I am a 16 year old girl, and I actually love chick flicks (it is a guilty pleasure of mine) I knew going in it was going to bad mediocre at best. If you're bored, this is the movie for you. It's not horrible, but it is forgotten after a viewer has watched it. The script: Eh. Acting: Nothing special. Effects; None. Story: Predictable. Diagnosis: Expect a cute movie that does inspire a greater respect, but ultimately, a film we could do without. Expand
  8. Nov 12, 2012
    The script was good, but it could've been even better. This had potential to be one of those subtle, intelligent social comedies that really sneaks up on you. It isn't that, but it's a good time nevertheless.
  9. Mar 31, 2012
    Legally Blonde might look stupid but it isn't a stupid movie. Reese gives a hilarious performance and there many laughs thoughout. It was much better than i expected.
  10. Mar 3, 2012
    Any early potential this film has as a comedy gets drowned out quickly by the self-indulgent, preachy whine of "See? Girls can do smart stuff too!"
  11. CrystalL.
    Apr 11, 2007
    I love this movie. It's a great feel good about yourself film.
  12. JaredB.
    Jan 31, 2007
    This is one of the smartest, funniest comedies I have ever seen. Reese Witherspoon was absolutely hilarious. Even as a straight male, I found myself wanting to kill Victor Garber's character near the end. This movie rocked.
  13. KirstieR.
    Nov 14, 2005
    Awesome movie, blew my mind away.
  14. AngieG.
    Mar 20, 2005
    The most predictable movie EVER! Believe me, even if you haven't seen it, you have.
  15. LizS.
    Nov 16, 2003
    I think Witherspoon really acted her heart out in this smart comedy about a blonde, who isn't so dumb after all. This movie has pure spice, originality, and a great sense of humor. This is a definite family movie, and I recommend it for everyone. Even those who despise preps...
  16. YoonMinC.
    Oct 10, 2003
    A smart dumb blonde comedy it panders to both the elitist and populist in each of us. With its fish out of tank scenario, Witherspoon plays an elitist by West Coast standards who's a plebian by haughty East Coast Ivy League standards. Never rising to the level of satire it's happy to refashion what's really tired material. It only deviates from most airhead comedies of its A smart dumb blonde comedy it panders to both the elitist and populist in each of us. With its fish out of tank scenario, Witherspoon plays an elitist by West Coast standards who's a plebian by haughty East Coast Ivy League standards. Never rising to the level of satire it's happy to refashion what's really tired material. It only deviates from most airhead comedies of its kind due to its heady political incorrectness, most often at the expense of gays(though no harm done). However, what really brings the movie to life and maintains its generally cheerful spirit is Reese Witherspoon who plays her character both conceited and conscientious, carefree and caring. A bubbly movie with lots of sparkle. Expand
  17. JenS.
    Jul 18, 2003
    First of all, I have seen "Clueless", and "Legally Blonde" is DEFINITELY not a copy of it. And I hope you know, it was a NOVEL before it became a movie (see who wrote it) and the person who wrote it went through the same things Elle did in the movie, so how can that be copying "Clueless"?
  18. AnnuN.
    May 29, 2003
    This is an excellent chick flick. telling off everyone who only judge by the outter appearances, it lets people know that it isnt the color of our hair or the color of our skin that determine our experiance and ability. althought legally blond didnt project all this in the movie, the just of it was there. its an all in all chick flick.
  19. MichelleP.
    Feb 9, 2003
    First of all, I hate preps. I HATE THEM. I thought (before I saw this movie) that I was going to HATE it as well, since it's full of-- you guessed it, preps. I was wrong. I was VERY wrong. This movie was great! I loved the prep-style-humor, Reese Witherspoon, the music (I bought the soundtrack), the court scenes, and above all, the adorable pooch, Bruiser.
    Dec 17, 2002
    How can anyone think that this movie stacks up against Clueless. It is obvious that Legally Blonde is trying to copy that formula, but they forgot to add wit. Instead, we are left with an absolutley mindless tale that insults the viewer by expecting that the audience is too stupid to get anything clever. As Antwan Merriwhether would say, "Hated it."
  21. Amanda
    Nov 26, 2002
    It is as the critics say,"like clueless" but with college students instead of high schoolers, making it a more enjoyable movie.
  22. VickyR.
    Nov 21, 2002
    Along side Clueless this is my favourite movie of all time. The plot is hilarious because of its 'dumb blondeness' and has interesting little quirks at every turn which keep you laughing throughout. a must see for anyone who is blonde and/or loved cluless or bring it on. a real blonde film... i love it!!!!
  23. RoseyK.
    Oct 6, 2002
    This film is very enjoyable, portraying morals and humor to spice up this already entertaining film. A must-see for everyone interested in a fun, loveable, flick.
  24. CindyM.
    Sep 30, 2002
    Reese Witherspoon is hilarious in her role as Elle Woods!
  25. Tara
    Mar 29, 2002
    Delightfully bubblely and bright!
  26. RidaQ.
    Feb 26, 2002
    I loved it. I can watch it again and again.
  27. MathiasG.
    Dec 31, 2001
    Very poorly written and predictable.....especially since it mirrors "Clueless." However, some pretty funny moments make it surprisingly bearable.
  28. MissyL.
    Dec 29, 2001
    AAWWEEEEESOME!!! Like, this is the best movieee okay!!!?!? Yall have to see this!!!
  29. KahlinK.
    Dec 3, 2001
    I loved it! Legally Blonde is cute, funny, and really easy to watch. My boyfriend even gave it the okay--but don't tell anyone-he's the type who only watches explosions and violence! I love Karen McCullah and Kiwi Smith's movies!!! I can't wait until their next one!!!
  30. ColeL.
    Nov 17, 2001
    A cute summer movie with attitude and laughs. This is a great movie for anyone.
  31. BaljitK.
    Nov 16, 2001
    This movie is the best film in the world. I love it. Reese Witherspoon are so good to play Elle Woods!! I LOVE THIS FILM.
  32. SarahP.
    Nov 9, 2001
    Legally Blonde is not only smart and funny but Elle is a great example for teenage girls. She is self confident and wants to look great out of self respect, not for approval from other people. There is a predjudice against blonde girls who are into fashion and this movie shows how foolish (and hurtful) that is.
  33. Sam
    Aug 16, 2001
    This is not a movie that you get really exited about when you go to see it, but it is a very pleasurable movie and good for rainy days.
  34. RobertZ.
    Aug 3, 2001
    Cute, fun and entertaining. Some genuinely funny moments.
  35. AnnE.
    Aug 1, 2001
    Forgettable.
  36. AnnE.
    Aug 1, 2001
    Forgettable.
  37. Maxine
    Jul 30, 2001
    I really loved this movie. It was so blonde, and that was the fun of it. In the movie it sort of ended like you thought, but there were some hysterical jokes. Out of your seat, on the floor humor!
  38. MattM.
    Jul 27, 2001
    A hilarious treat - easily the best comedy of the year as of yet. Reese Witherspoon works wonders, proving her talent yet again. Despite some trite moments, the film is just so much fun. It's a great pick-me-up, and it's one of the best films of the year.
  39. RoxyR.
    Jul 26, 2001
    I didn't find this movie to be the typical "dumb-blonde" movie. It had a positive message, and it was entertaining. I'm just really thankful they didn't turn this into another no-substance "chick flick."
  40. Richard
    Jul 22, 2001
    Much better than you'd expect. A great time.
  41. Richard
    Jul 22, 2001
    Much better than you'd expect. A great time.
  42. CraigV.
    Jul 21, 2001
    Very entertaining - won't win an oscar, but provides an enjoyable evening.
  43. ElleW.
    Jul 20, 2001
    Many thought this was just another dumb blonde flick, but it truly wasn't what I expected at all. Funny, inspiring, witty, and much more. I urge people who want to see something that's funny and has a life lesson to learn in it , this movie should be on top!!
  44. RyanM.
    Jul 18, 2001
    A perfect summer movie. I absolutely loved it. I don't usually review movies like this so high, but "Blonde" is an exception!
  45. JackD.
    Jul 15, 2001
    Instead of "The Paper Chase," it is "The Paper Laugh"...it is a funny piece of fluff. Reese Witherspoon is terrific. For a fun diversion, go see it..you might learn how easy it is to get into Harvard Law

1. Reviewed by: Ed Epstein
    Thanks to Ms. Witherspoon's artful portrayal of a winning, if beachless, Gidget, I found Legally Blonde very enjoyable.
  2. Reviewed by: Connie Ogle
    Unashamedly sticks with its light comedy roots.
  3. Like all blond jokes, Legally Blonde is basically meanspirited, and that's when it's funniest.