6.9

1. Oct 20, 2010
    Star Wars and The Lord of the Rings all mixed together into one huge CGI epic hit. though, it has a dark tone and it may not be suitable for kids, but despite that, it has nice character development, great visuals, and awesome butt-kicking action scenes. Legend of the Guardians is an excellent CGI movie of the year.
  2. Sep 24, 2010
    Star Wars, Avatar, Lord Of The Rings all rolled up into one grand epic. 5 stars doesn't do it justice! I loved every frame of this film. Magnificently beautiful, spellbinding, exiciting to the nth degree and finally getting 3D right. Don't miss it! [However, not a children's tale!]
  3. Sep 24, 2010
    It has a great, very epic, story, with some great 3D. It is definitely worth a see, even if the only reason you go is to see the awesome 3D. A little dark, so it may not be appropriate for smaller kids.
  4. Sep 25, 2010
    It was a great movie. Plain and simple, with lots of lessons learned and thrilling action. The only reason why the movie was not 'too' popular was because of the 'unrealistic' factor of the movie, all i can say to that is that this movie falls under the fantasy genre so you get what you pay for.
  5. Sep 28, 2010
    I am so glad that I got foiled in my attempt to lift this movie. The less people in the theater who don't know how to watch a movie, the better! This movie is both stunning and poinient, and entertainment rather than fact or history, but accourding to time is the best way to watch this movie, except for the cut and paste at the end, which is good and should be kept. The best a movie can be! I will, FOR sure try to buy this movie on DVD. I wanted to buy it on order, then torrent it, but it didn't work, good job entertainment industry! PG means, STRONG PARENTAL GUIDANCE, this should be rated in the 17 category, but high school can be very difficult! Expand
  6. Oct 7, 2010
    I've read reviews saying that some people don't understand the movie at all. It sounded more like they either haven't read the books or just don't have an imagination at all. Beautiful animation aside, the plot is simple and understandable. It goes a bit quick, but once you watch the movie a second time. you tend to take in the gorgeous views instead. Some parts even made me tear up a bit...
    Adding also, the movie isn't so terrifying that children won't be able to see it. It's more of a mild terrifying. If you like old stories told new, then I believe you will enjoy this.
  7. Oct 12, 2010
    As my first review, I felt that the critics may have been a little harsh on this movie. As a 32 year old I found that this movie was a wonderful breath of fresh air. More serious and intense than the average animated fare, this movie tackled some interesting issues quite well as well as delivering an epic movie feel throughout that genuinely captured my interest through the whole move. Of course I would have like a bit more character development (which I'm sure the books do better justice), but I must say I was very pleasantly surprised and highly recommend this movie to anyone over the age to 12. Expand
  8. Dec 18, 2010
    A very good movie. The characters are funny, the plot is very interesting and the graphics are absolutely amazing and outstanding. A movie worth seeing.
  9. Apr 17, 2011
    the movie was made epicly, the storyline kept me and some of my friends entertained for the entire movie, and some more talking about it. it was a great movie, and i wont regret giving it a 9
  10. Apr 25, 2011
    Absolutely brilliant. My 11year old daughter was routed to her seat and me along side her. Best animation I have ever seen. My daughter gave it 10 out of 10, I would have given it 11 if it were possible!!!
  11. Mar 6, 2012
    Just amazing!! It is an animation, but its not just for kids! I loved it! I cannot really describe more, i suggest to everybody watch minimum once. Lovely and full of with action :)
  12. Sep 1, 2014
    This movie was just so much better than I expected. I love this film. *SPOILER* Only things I didn't like was how Soren didn't care that his brother died and the story was a bit confusing.
  13. Mar 26, 2013
    Easily one of the best animated films ever, great action, production, voice over, everything was top nouch in this. Better animation then other films probably the best effects in a motion picture. Better then (Toy Story, Avatar, Harry Potter, Narnia, Despicable, Rise of the Gaurdian) animation. Story was pretty good as well. Im upset that it took me almost 2 years to watch it but Im glad I did A+. The story isn't told perfectly but the dark tone, and bit of humor makes up for it. This is a movie for 9-10 and up. I know you saw the trailer with the beautiful scenes and the amazing song choice. Expand
  14. Aug 10, 2014
    better than Lion King, this movie is so underated. if you haven't seen it yet... why???? this is the best movie for your children. the movie won't make your kids dumb

1. The sketchy visual traits that differentiate the many characters in this avian universe will leave viewers crying, "Who, who" along with the owls.
  2. Reviewed by: Scott Bowles
    The film is surprisingly deft and entertains at both the adult and juvenile levels. If something in Guardians catches your eye, trust your gizzard.
    And the action? It's especially hard to determine who's fighting whom in "Legends," because, well, because they are a bunch of owls.