Legion

4.4

1. Sep 21, 2011
    The movie is indisputably terrible. From the story plot line to the performances, "Legion" is very messed up. That's all I can say for this cinematic mess. Nothing good.
  2. Oct 16, 2010
    This film had potential with its profound themes of religion and redemption but wasted it with cheesy predictable dialogue and a muddled yet basic plot. Some bits made me smile from the sheer absurdity though: evil granny, zombie kid and machine gunning the Angel Gabriel while he swings a mace that rotates like a melon on a drill (no joke). Watch this movie only if you're with friends,This film had potential with its profound themes of religion and redemption but wasted it with cheesy predictable dialogue and a muddled yet basic plot. Some bits made me smile from the sheer absurdity though: evil granny, zombie kid and machine gunning the Angel Gabriel while he swings a mace that rotates like a melon on a drill (no joke). Watch this movie only if you're with friends, drunk, and with another dvd on hand... Expand
  3. Sep 28, 2010
    The opening words of Legion were "God is sick of all of the â
  4. Jan 21, 2012
    Boring as, slow paced, uninteresting movie with 1-dimensional steretype characters. This film has so many plot holes and unexplained segments its impossible to concentrate on the plot without getting a headache. 1st of all, if god wanted the human race to be nullified why didn't he just, you know cause a massive catastrophic earthquake I mean that sounds pretty easy for god if you ask me.Boring as, slow paced, uninteresting movie with 1-dimensional steretype characters. This film has so many plot holes and unexplained segments its impossible to concentrate on the plot without getting a headache. 1st of all, if god wanted the human race to be nullified why didn't he just, you know cause a massive catastrophic earthquake I mean that sounds pretty easy for god if you ask me. Boring boring borin only reason I rate it a 2/10 is because of Paul Bethany Expand
  5. Dec 26, 2011
    The action sequences were entertaining but everything else sucked. The entire plot didnt make any sense what so ever. The acting was terrible, Even though it was done by a rather experianced cast. There are a few (and I mean very few) actual enjoyable moments, Such as the arrival of Gabriel (which I really enjoyed). Still its rather trashy.
  6. Mar 14, 2012
    What a waste of Paul Bettany's talent and Dennis Quaid's experience. A stupid, stupid movie that insults anyone unfortunate enough to see it. That's all I can say!
  7. Lockon
    May 3, 2010
    If that girl they're with lived till the end of the movie, I would have given at least a 1, but they didn't they actually had to kill everyone off except the main guy and the heroine, which makes the plot armor really obvious. the granny scene already made me want to just walk out of the cinema, I don't know what was going through the writers mind when he thought of this If that girl they're with lived till the end of the movie, I would have given at least a 1, but they didn't they actually had to kill everyone off except the main guy and the heroine, which makes the plot armor really obvious. the granny scene already made me want to just walk out of the cinema, I don't know what was going through the writers mind when he thought of this scene! It was really sick, just sick... and if this movie is specifically made against Atheists and people of other religions, they should try harder Expand
  8. MichaelH.
    Jan 22, 2010
    Not a good movie. It is a weak mash-up of apocalyptic prophecy and a cost-cutting slow moving zombie movie. There is an insult to a greater intelligence existing here, and that is not the Bible - but the audience itself.
  9. JC
    Jan 28, 2010
    It was a bad movie, extremely poor plot development and I felt more attached to the characters that actually died then the survivors of the movie. The movie spent half the time establishing plot it never needed and did not spend enough time establishing plot it did need. Thumbs down. I give this movie a 1 because it had 1 meritable innovation, a Spinning Bladed Mace.
  10. grumpyl
    Apr 10, 2010
    The writers did not bother to read the scriptures God bless Cecil B.
  11. GeorgeN.
    Jan 22, 2010
    The plot made little to no sense. It seems to have been made so that two angels can have an "angel fight". The ending was predicable and left me wondering why I shelled out $10 to see this filth.
  12. ChrisS.
    Jan 24, 2010
    I went in expecting a mediocre film but, instead i got a worse result. I love horror and Action but, this film was just bad. Even though there were good actors like Dennis Quaid and Tyrese Gibson, the film gave them corny lines. The Plot was like Terminator except instead of robots it's angels. the effects were cheesy and the film was just a mess. the bottom line is that Legion sucked.
  13. MarcD.
    Jan 24, 2010
    Religion is a controversial topic. Legion never seems to illicit so much as a 'meh'. The entire show is bogged down by ridiculously wooden and predictable dialogue with stock characters which could be ripped straight out of any other film in the vampire/zombie/apocalypse genre. You never get an explaination why the woman's baby is important and frankly, you just don't Religion is a controversial topic. Legion never seems to illicit so much as a 'meh'. The entire show is bogged down by ridiculously wooden and predictable dialogue with stock characters which could be ripped straight out of any other film in the vampire/zombie/apocalypse genre. You never get an explaination why the woman's baby is important and frankly, you just don't care. For a show about angels wiping humans off the face of the earth, you get very little in the way of actual angels appearing on screen. The promise of an entertaining effects fest is wasted by poor lighting and more of that Bay-ultra-closeup nonsense which ensures you have no clue as to whether you're looking at a wing or someone's poorly knit sweater. The only saving grace is a solid turn by Paul Bettany. Chaucer does a good tormented archangel. Too bad he can't save this show's soul from eternal damnation. Collapse
  14. JonathonB.
    Jan 25, 2010
    Horrible movie. anyone who watches movies could direct a better movie
  15. HenriM
    Jan 26, 2010
    My friends dragged me to this one, because they thought it was going to be, "It's so awful, it's actually good." Well...it's just awful.
  16. DanielS
    Feb 1, 2010
    The movie was a complete letdown. Almost entirely takes place in the diner. Trailers tend to point towards a brainless action movie, but it is not even that, because all the action in the movie barely fills the trailer. A lot of dull, pointless talking. The reviews for this movie are more entertaining than the movie itself.
  17. EamonnO.
    Feb 7, 2010
    God created the earth in seven days... but, despite sending angels and dozens of possessed humans, he can't kill a small group of people holed up in a rundown diner. It is not only unbelievable how the people survived as long as they did it is even more unbelievable a studio would actually spend money producing this film. This was $6.50 and 110 minutes I will never get back.
  18. MilesB
    Feb 8, 2010
    It's funny because in the trailer the ice cream guy is made out to look like some scary, hard-to-defeat monster. But then he just kinda dies with a few bullets. So many theological/philosophical plot holes that will leave anybody, regardless of religion wondering why 'God' had to send angels down to do work he could have done by snapping his omnipotent fingers. Or for that It's funny because in the trailer the ice cream guy is made out to look like some scary, hard-to-defeat monster. But then he just kinda dies with a few bullets. So many theological/philosophical plot holes that will leave anybody, regardless of religion wondering why 'God' had to send angels down to do work he could have done by snapping his omnipotent fingers. Or for that matter why humans can even be a match for angels. Or the fact that bullets can kill angels. Plus the hot chick dies, especially since you want her to survive by the end of the movie. Bleh. Expand
  19. RienyeN.
    Mar 1, 2010
    This movie is just sad to the point of being pathetic. The writing is so poor. I struggled to finish this movie and failed. I suggest you watch Supernatural instead, pretty much the same story but a whole lot more entertaining!
  20. AnthonyP.
    Apr 4, 2010
    How did such a great cast turn into one of the worst movies of the year. It's a paycheck I guess.
  21. MeepMopMeep
    Apr 9, 2010
    Confusing, drab and absurd are three accurate descriptors for this production. The story has more holes than a slice of swiss cheese. The setting and cinematography have done many horror movies justice, simply not this one. It's unfortunate that some scripts make it to the big screen. If you value your time and brain cells, you'll avoid this film.
  22. DanW
    Jan 22, 2010
    Honestly, how does a script this bad even get green-lit? Even if this movie somehow manages to make some money, someone should lose their job for subjecting the world to this film-making atrocity. I want my 10 bucks back. Aaaagggh!!!
  23. ScottH.
    Jan 24, 2010
    I cannot believe this movie ever made it out of post-production. The very idea that someone thought they had something worth sharing with the rest of the world, that this was a story worth telling, is a direct reflection of where Hollywood is right now. The tacked on heartfelt moments were weak; the action sequences were ridiculous, and the obvious anti-christian theme was abysmal. With I cannot believe this movie ever made it out of post-production. The very idea that someone thought they had something worth sharing with the rest of the world, that this was a story worth telling, is a direct reflection of where Hollywood is right now. The tacked on heartfelt moments were weak; the action sequences were ridiculous, and the obvious anti-christian theme was abysmal. With all that this movie did wrong, and believe me, the WHOLE thing was wrong.......but with all that being said, one of the characters names was Jeep, and it was never explained just WHY he was named Jeep. JEEP. I feel as if Satan ripped into my wallet and TOOK 8 dollars and my soul away from me for watching this. Expand
  24. Sparx
    Jan 24, 2010
    The only reason I didn't give this a zero is b/c there were parts that were sooooo bad that I actually cracked up. Horrible is not a strong enough word. If they waste the plastic on making the DVD, it will be wasting oil. Another awful movie Tyrese was in.
  25. Seanismyname
    Jan 26, 2010
    Legion - a 2 hour examination of the question: How did God manage to get anything accomplished before the invention of the machine gun? It's everything you expect it to be - and less.
  26. RobinA
    Jan 27, 2010
    This movie is more Bad than Michael Jackson in skintight leather bondage gear.
  27. Sasha
    Jan 27, 2010
    Anyone who paid to see this movie is an idiot. just by watching the commercials you can tell its gonna suck. i didnt see it, but my bro went and told me it was abysmal.
  28. WalterS.
    Feb 1, 2010
    Poorly plotted, disconnected and vague. I just didn't enjoy this film.
  29. CaseyR.
    Feb 4, 2010
    Admittedly, I did not watch this film. The previews suggest that it has ripped off The Prophecy series. Those were underrated films that featured the great, Christopher Walken. If you're at all interested in the plot of this film, rent The Prophecy films instead. Plagerism is a crime, right?
  30. KenP.
    Mar 20, 2010
    Boring and predictable from start to finish. No acting, just gore!!! Couldn't wait for it to be over. Misleading title, should have just been called Diner Destruction.
  31. WilliamC.
    Jan 23, 2010
    Legion: When Zombies Have Souls When in the first five minutes you see a cross, blasted upon a building, you know what kind of movie you
  32. ChadS.
    Jan 24, 2010
    Believe the blasphemous rumors spread by Depeche Mode frontman David Gahan: God does indeed have "a sick sense of humor". As a matter of fact, in "Legion", our lord and savior is downright hillarious. According to Michael(Paul Bettany), the terminator angel, God has grown tired of watching us "kill over race and greed", and in so many words, the buff angel tells Jeep(Lucas Black) that God Believe the blasphemous rumors spread by Depeche Mode frontman David Gahan: God does indeed have "a sick sense of humor". As a matter of fact, in "Legion", our lord and savior is downright hillarious. According to Michael(Paul Bettany), the terminator angel, God has grown tired of watching us "kill over race and greed", and in so many words, the buff angel tells Jeep(Lucas Black) that God is pissed off. Not only does God want us dead, he wants us to die agonizingly slow; he wants us to turn each other into zombies. Well, as the saying goes, God acts in mysterious ways. Unfortunately, Jesus sits this one out; only Jesus, perhaps, could have intervened on our behalf, even the non-Christians, and prevented these homicidal angels from being deployed by that thug God. (Where's Bruno Ganz when you really need him?) Touched by an angel(not the good kind of touch like from a Kraut attendant spirit), an old woman with a walker warns Charlie(Adrianne Palicki), playing a Sarah Connor-esque waitress, that her baby is going to burn, in the film's only scene with a pulse, and it's not just because the virulent senior crawls on the walls and ceiling like a spider; the old woman's prophetic words against this knocked-up singleton is just the sort of thing that some religious types are thinking when they push their traditional family agenda. This old woman, infused with the "holy" spirit, represents a side of Christianity, the hyper-moralistic side, that "Legion" could have developed as a concept more explicitly into the storyline for a more provocative movie, rather than waste time on soul-bearing conversation after soul-bearing conversation between the cardboard characters from the greasy spoon, and the proselytized zombie action. If only Jesus put in an appearance and kicked some angel ass. After all, Jesus saves. Expand
  33. MelissaE.
    Jan 24, 2010
    This movie had so much potential and was absolutely horrible. Some of scenes seemed cut and pasted right out of the Seventh Sign and the Terminator, both which were much better films. And the acting... I'm embarrassed for Quaid. It had to be his worst film ever. No even a hot Paul Bettany could save this flick.
  34. AaronD
    Jan 25, 2010
    Not worth your time. This is the worst movie I've ever paid to see. Seriously, the trailer made me excited to see it. Just watch the trailer and skip the movie.
  35. BrianN.
    Jan 25, 2010
    Horribly abysmal and very stupid. If you're stuck going, pray for an angel to carry you away or at least shoot you and put you out of your misery. Definite Razzie fare.
  36. JoshuaL
    Jan 26, 2010
    I give Legion, Legion's director, writer, film crew and especially the review committee, a huge WTF!! The Actor for Michael wasn't too terrible, but the rest were pretty bad. The concept (Angels) is the only reason this film gets anything more than 0. (*Warning Spoilers*) If you were a guy with only enough time to see one movie this year, DON'T see Legion. If you were a I give Legion, Legion's director, writer, film crew and especially the review committee, a huge WTF!! The Actor for Michael wasn't too terrible, but the rest were pretty bad. The concept (Angels) is the only reason this film gets anything more than 0. (*Warning Spoilers*) If you were a guy with only enough time to see one movie this year, DON'T see Legion. If you were a super rich guy with money and time to waste, DON'T see Legion. In my opinion, Legion was HORRIBLE. The Storyboard was somewhat confusing. The plot was driven by an ridiculously bad decision. The FIrst Question that comes into your head when you watch this is "WHY?!?!?" Why does god want to kill of Humanity? Why does god try to wipe them out by mutating humans into pointy tooted zombies? (as opposed to a flood, or a meteorite, or lightning, or a plague, etc.) Why and how does the unborn child save humanity? WHY WOULD YOU CUT OFF YOUR WINGS?!?!? I can see what the writers wanted to do, but I totally disapprove of what came out. It's like they made a cake (good concept) and then blended it with some action figures, then threw it out the window. The Result was TERRIBLE and USELESS. The Entire Movie was WAY too predictable. This is the Movie's storyboard: *Begin*Pointless Emo Scene*Random Problem*Random Attack*Good guy comes*First Wave*Story*Horrible Deaths*Second Wave* More Deaths*Flashback*Fight Scene*Death*Car Chase*Mountain Climb*Cliffhanger*Un-Death*Cheesy Lines*Spare your Life*Look out to the Horizon*End* Whoever wrote the script for Legion should hang their head in shame. Every single line was cheesy. The only good line was the last one that the good guy says at the end-ish. The ONLY ONE that somewhat surprised me. The Writer clearly thought "Oh yeah, let's have this great idea, right? Hmm... There's only like 5 minutes of story here... Let's add some pointless violence and explosions! People like pointless violence, right? There we go! Now its somewhat longer. Let's make them say stuff that sound like it came from Shakespeare, except really bad! Still not long enough... Let's make the fight scene pointless and totally unfair, then let's add an Explosion! It's long enough! That's good! Let's Film!" However, I'm not giving the film credit for what it did okay. The pointless violence and explosions were good, although pointless. Tons of Gore (good/bad?). Tons of Pointless Swearing (good/bad?). The Angel fight was cool. Gabriel had bulletproof wings and a transforming-pointy-mace-super-weapon. That was cool. In the end, this is the kind of film that is SO BAD, you can only watch it if you are with friends, commenting on every single bad part of the Movie. Even then you might want to just walk away. When and if it comes out on DVD, don't get it. Don't even get it for your worst enemy, that would be way too cruel. Expand
  37. YvonneV.
    Jan 29, 2010
    Almost gave it a 0, but I liked the Ice Cream man. The acting was extremely cheesy. I wasted $21.
  38. PeterK.
    Apr 25, 2010
    Absolutely abysmal in every way. The most boring, utterly ridiculous film I've ever had the displeasure of sitting through.
  39. Aug 15, 2010
    This movie doesnot deserve to exist. Overall terrible and not even in the campy B movie way. No one deserves to suffer through this tripe. Horrible acting, action, and pacing abound and if that won't stop people from seeing this movie think of everything else a film could and should have and then picture a dying animal
  40. Aug 20, 2010
    SO CRAP! the only good thing about this movie is the are one or two fairly good looking women in it.
  41. Sep 18, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. my god what a bad movie. Even though I liked Paul Bettany, and the teenage girl (she was hot), and Tyrese everyone else I hated. This movie was trying too hard. It had good parts, they were in the trailer. I admired the concept and the vision, just the execution was soo, bleh. It's overdramatic, not fun, boring, and it tries too hard. The two people i Hated survived. They dont leave the diner, its boring. Expand
  42. Sep 27, 2011
    I saw bettany in the reent movie Priest and thought he fit with the dark roles. This movie wasn't horror or thriller - it failed in both. The movie was a waste of time to sit through.
  43. Oct 16, 2010
    Substandard mishmash of disjointed fragments of religious imagery and pseudo-apocalyptic gibberish. The shots themselves seemed amateurish, the characters were stock types, the dialogue trite, and the acting piss-poor. Even the special effects left much to be desired. The pace of the film was horrible, it simply dragged on, and on. Cardboard cut-outs of Paul Bettany and Dennis Quaid wouldSubstandard mishmash of disjointed fragments of religious imagery and pseudo-apocalyptic gibberish. The shots themselves seemed amateurish, the characters were stock types, the dialogue trite, and the acting piss-poor. Even the special effects left much to be desired. The pace of the film was horrible, it simply dragged on, and on. Cardboard cut-outs of Paul Bettany and Dennis Quaid would have done a better job and cost director Scott Stewart less money that the real --yet paradoxically more cardboard-like-- actors. Expand
  44. Nov 24, 2011
    I wanted to like this film, I really did but its just so awful. The acting ,even though done by an experianed cast, is pretty terrible. The story seems interesting at first until you relize just how stupid it really is. Its just plain awful.
  45. Dec 2, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The idea of angels rebelling against God to save humanity before it is collectively smited is a pretty good one, until the theme of "unborn child will save everyone" is introduced. Disappointing in the sense that Dennis Quaid is so hard-up that he has to make a crust by associating himself in a movie like this, having said that the film would be much worse off with him. Angels bickering with each other about saving the world? Believe it or not Kevin Smith does it better in the comedy Dogma, and the religious themes are explored with more gusto too. Expand
  46. Nov 15, 2011
    A bland movie that forgot to take the trash out on trash day. The acting covered the spread but the action was very underwhelming. The only memorable moment is probably the climax but that isn't too surprising.
  47. Aug 21, 2011
    Quite literally the worst movie I have ever seen. I'd end there, but I'm required to use one hundred fifty characters. To elaborate: even as a comicbook movie; even as a made-for-tv sci-fi channel movie made with 1990's made-for-tv movie inferior cinematic standards; this movie was so bad I was personally insulted by its very existence. I gagged in horror and dismay. I would have left theQuite literally the worst movie I have ever seen. I'd end there, but I'm required to use one hundred fifty characters. To elaborate: even as a comicbook movie; even as a made-for-tv sci-fi channel movie made with 1990's made-for-tv movie inferior cinematic standards; this movie was so bad I was personally insulted by its very existence. I gagged in horror and dismay. I would have left the theater, but my outrage caused all the muscles in my body to contract at once leaving me paralyzed in the hell that was this one hundred minute migraine. Everyone who has ever seen this movie is the worse for it. Expand
  48. Jan 28, 2013
    Poorly done. Bad special effects (that old woman in the diner was comical), a silly story, and a typical horror film trying to be atypical. How anyone could make it through this movie is miracle to me. Avoid this movie. There are worse films than this for sure but unless you just really want to waste time to waste time you should just watch something else.
  49. Jun 9, 2013
    A cool premise turned embarrassing failure. The story and the script are just so bad it makes this film unwatchable. Paul Bettany is the loan bright spot, but the light is very dim.
  50. Jul 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. what the *bleep*? This film was awful! Dreadful! The script? My 7 year-old niece has more innovative lines in her 2nd grade essays! The characters? I could care less for any one of these people, and I use the term "people" loosely, since zombies seem to have more depth of character then them. Let the demons get them! What? Not demons? Those ugly mutated zombies (no, not the main cast; the other ones that were actually suppose to be playing something like weird, ninja-zombies) where being possessed by angels? *facepalm*
    The cgi effects? I laughed almost every time one of the "possessed" was on screen. Note that they were suppose to make me "terrified".
    And to top it all off, we get the final angel-vs-angel fight scene ruined by shaky camera work. Thanks!
    Wanna see a good Apocalypse plot? Go watch season 5 of Supernatural. No, really, Supernatural ftw!

1. Reviewed by: Joe Leydon
    Even when the blood-and-thunder hokiness of the over-the-top plot tilts perilously close to absurdity, the admirably straight-faced performances by well-cast lead players provide just enough counterbalance to sustain audience curiosity and sympathy.
  2. After a brisk start, the script turns out to be a rough and humorless beast slouching its way towards utter ludicrousness.
    Profane, profanely silly and blasphemous to beat the band, Legion begins well before plunging into the abyss of tedium.