8.5

1. JayH
    May 31, 2009
    One of Mel Gibson's better efforts, but it still has more than its share of cliche's. It is indeed very fast paced and has some great action sequences. I am not at all a fan Mel Gibson, so it may effect my rating. Others may enjoy it more.
  2. jemimak
    Aug 12, 2008
    They don't make em like this anymore. Unabashed macho testosterone fest with just enough vulnerability & humanity to make us gals weak at the knees. Glover's gentle puppy dog eyes as he rolls his head around before taking his man out with one shot, and Mel's wild law man on the brink crossed with that kooky little-boy streak ("I'm hungry") - potent magic potion, this. They don't make em like this anymore. Unabashed macho testosterone fest with just enough vulnerability & humanity to make us gals weak at the knees. Glover's gentle puppy dog eyes as he rolls his head around before taking his man out with one shot, and Mel's wild law man on the brink crossed with that kooky little-boy streak ("I'm hungry") - potent magic potion, this. Guilty pleasure? Maybe. But I feel no guilt at admitting that I've watched this franchise a number of times. Expand
  3. Dec 28, 2012
    Lethal Weapon is a fantastic start to the best buddy-cop movie franchise of all time. The chemistry between Gibson and Glover is fantastic strait from the off. Lethal Weapon is just a classic film all round.
  4. May 2, 2011
    A very strange movie for me, mostly thanks to Mel Gibson as Riggs. He has weird hair, weird accent and his way of taking down bad guys is totally ridiculous. Thankfully, Danny Glover gives a more or less normal performance that really stretches the intentional difference between the two. Gary Busey is also quite strange. Also the end fight between the two is plain silly. Gibson and BuseyA very strange movie for me, mostly thanks to Mel Gibson as Riggs. He has weird hair, weird accent and his way of taking down bad guys is totally ridiculous. Thankfully, Danny Glover gives a more or less normal performance that really stretches the intentional difference between the two. Gary Busey is also quite strange. Also the end fight between the two is plain silly. Gibson and Busey deck it out in the mud and rain near the end surrounded by gun wielding police officers. Why doesn't Riggs just let them arrest Busey? Questions like these really make you wonder what they were aiming for when they shot this movie. Music is good and there are some good action scenes, but the rest isn't worth watching. Expand
  5. BobS
    Aug 6, 2007
    One of the greatest action movies of all time, even the climax can't hold it back.
  6. Jan 23, 2015
    O Início de uma das melhores franquias de todos os tempos!!! Com excelentes três sequências,Uma perfeita quadrilogia.Mel Gibson E Danny Glover estão fenomenais mostrando excelentes performances.
    Acho que é a melhor franquia de dupla policiais.
    Acho que é a melhor franquia de dupla policiais.
    Richard Donner criou uma excelente franquia com uma brilhante direção e produção juntamente com Joel Silver,e brilhantemente escrito por Shane Black.
  7. Mar 1, 2014
    I love this movie ssssssssssoooooooooo much its awesome! I LOVE THE WHOLE QUADRILOGY! But its Unique, Great charecters, Great Bad guys, Great plots, Great Lines, Great guns AND RICHARD DONNER NAILED IT!!! I think this quadrillogy defines Mel Gibson as an actor, same with 1 2 3 AND 4!!! This movie should'nt get a 7.8 IT NEEDS TO BE HIGHER This movie Beats Rambo, Bourne and callaghan. aboutI love this movie ssssssssssoooooooooo much its awesome! I LOVE THE WHOLE QUADRILOGY! But its Unique, Great charecters, Great Bad guys, Great plots, Great Lines, Great guns AND RICHARD DONNER NAILED IT!!! I think this quadrillogy defines Mel Gibson as an actor, same with 1 2 3 AND 4!!! This movie should'nt get a 7.8 IT NEEDS TO BE HIGHER This movie Beats Rambo, Bourne and callaghan. about the same as Bond and die hard... but if you want a great movie night that has Cussing, Explosions, Great Actors, Guns and Agreat director YOU HAVE IT!!! Expand

Lethal Weapon opens with a shot of Mel Gibson in his birthday suit and just gets better. Likewise we meet costar Danny Glover in the bathtub, fêted by his family on his 50th birthday. This endearing double exposure introduces us to the vulnerabilities of these superduper heroes, an odd couple of cops who mature into friends as they quell crime.
    In a movie with the energy of this one, we're exhilarated by the sheer freedom of movement; the violence becomes surrealistic and less important than the movie's underlying energy level.
  3. The film is all fast action, noisy stunts and huge, often unflattering close-ups, but it packs an undeniable wallop.