Lethal Weapon

8.7

1. jemimak
    Aug 12, 2008
    They don't make em like this anymore. Unabashed macho testosterone fest with just enough vulnerability & humanity to make us gals weak at the knees. Glover's gentle puppy dog eyes as he rolls his head around before taking his man out with one shot, and Mel's wild law man on the brink crossed with that kooky little-boy streak ("I'm hungry") - potent magic potion, this. They don't make em like this anymore. Unabashed macho testosterone fest with just enough vulnerability & humanity to make us gals weak at the knees. Glover's gentle puppy dog eyes as he rolls his head around before taking his man out with one shot, and Mel's wild law man on the brink crossed with that kooky little-boy streak ("I'm hungry") - potent magic potion, this. Guilty pleasure? Maybe. But I feel no guilt at admitting that I've watched this franchise a number of times. Expand
  2. Dec 28, 2012
    Lethal Weapon is a fantastic start to the best buddy-cop movie franchise of all time. The chemistry between Gibson and Glover is fantastic strait from the off. Lethal Weapon is just a classic film all round.
  3. May 2, 2011
    A very strange movie for me, mostly thanks to Mel Gibson as Riggs. He has weird hair, weird accent and his way of taking down bad guys is totally ridiculous. Thankfully, Danny Glover gives a more or less normal performance that really stretches the intentional difference between the two. Gary Busey is also quite strange. Also the end fight between the two is plain silly. Gibson and BuseyA very strange movie for me, mostly thanks to Mel Gibson as Riggs. He has weird hair, weird accent and his way of taking down bad guys is totally ridiculous. Thankfully, Danny Glover gives a more or less normal performance that really stretches the intentional difference between the two. Gary Busey is also quite strange. Also the end fight between the two is plain silly. Gibson and Busey deck it out in the mud and rain near the end surrounded by gun wielding police officers. Why doesn't Riggs just let them arrest Busey? Questions like these really make you wonder what they were aiming for when they shot this movie. Music is good and there are some good action scenes, but the rest isn't worth watching. Expand
  4. BobS
    Aug 6, 2007
    One of the greatest action movies of all time, even the climax can't hold it back.
  5. Jan 23, 2015
    O Início de uma das melhores franquias de todos os tempos!!! Com excelentes três sequências,Uma perfeita quadrilogia.Mel Gibson E Danny Glover estão fenomenais mostrando excelentes performances.
    Acho que é a melhor franquia de dupla policiais.
    Acho que é a melhor franquia de dupla policiais.
    Richard Donner criou uma excelente franquia com uma brilhante direção e produção juntamente com Joel Silver,e brilhantemente escrito por Shane Black.
  6. Jul 15, 2016
    Completely unrealistic to today's standards, HOWEVER (before everyone click the 'hate' button) I do enjoy this movie. It was released when buddy cop movies were at a high and when loss and anger could be solved by shooting everyone in the room.
  7. Mar 1, 2014
    I love this movie ssssssssssoooooooooo much its awesome! I LOVE THE WHOLE QUADRILOGY! But its Unique, Great charecters, Great Bad guys, Great plots, Great Lines, Great guns AND RICHARD DONNER NAILED IT!!! I think this quadrillogy defines Mel Gibson as an actor, same with 1 2 3 AND 4!!! This movie should'nt get a 7.8 IT NEEDS TO BE HIGHER This movie Beats Rambo, Bourne and callaghan. aboutI love this movie ssssssssssoooooooooo much its awesome! I LOVE THE WHOLE QUADRILOGY! But its Unique, Great charecters, Great Bad guys, Great plots, Great Lines, Great guns AND RICHARD DONNER NAILED IT!!! I think this quadrillogy defines Mel Gibson as an actor, same with 1 2 3 AND 4!!! This movie should'nt get a 7.8 IT NEEDS TO BE HIGHER This movie Beats Rambo, Bourne and callaghan. about the same as Bond and die hard... but if you want a great movie night that has Cussing, Explosions, Great Actors, Guns and Agreat director YOU HAVE IT!!! Expand
  8. Aug 9, 2015
    Not the greatest storyline, but who cares? Excellent action, fantastic humour, great characters and therefore one of the greatest action movies I've ever seen.
  9. Nov 29, 2015
    This may have been the first "buddy" movie where a slightly unhinged police detective is paired with a stodgy "by the book" old timer detective. Their interaction and growing friendship is what makes the film so great. I don't have that many DVDs but this one is in my collection.
  10. Apr 7, 2016
    In a world where weapons become a primary use and sticky situations never exist, there's only one guy that can live up and play by its rules and that's Mel Gibson! One guy... no, screw that, add another guy in there since he needs all the attention he can get, but who are we supposed to get? Hire Danny Glover since he needs attention along with Mel Gibson. Ok, not one guy anymore? Nope. OkIn a world where weapons become a primary use and sticky situations never exist, there's only one guy that can live up and play by its rules and that's Mel Gibson! One guy... no, screw that, add another guy in there since he needs all the attention he can get, but who are we supposed to get? Hire Danny Glover since he needs attention along with Mel Gibson. Ok, not one guy anymore? Nope. Ok good. Let me start my script all over again. In a world where weapons become a primary use and sticky situations never exist, there's only two guys that can live up and play by its rules and that's Mel Gibson and Danny Glover! Let me present you.... LETHAL WEAPON! Expand

Lethal Weapon opens with a shot of Mel Gibson in his birthday suit and just gets better. Likewise we meet costar Danny Glover in the bathtub, fêted by his family on his 50th birthday. This endearing double exposure introduces us to the vulnerabilities of these superduper heroes, an odd couple of cops who mature into friends as they quell crime.
    In a movie with the energy of this one, we're exhilarated by the sheer freedom of movement; the violence becomes surrealistic and less important than the movie's underlying energy level.
  3. The film is all fast action, noisy stunts and huge, often unflattering close-ups, but it packs an undeniable wallop.