5.9

1. Mar 5, 2014
    Top notch comedy in my opinion. The prison setting is surprisingly fun (perhaps too fun considering it is prison) and Dax Shepard's character is an absolute blast. The way he interacts with Arnett, who is also excellent here, is shear fun. McBride also serves as a very funny and surprisingly likable character. I also like how the film never goes into some of the gross territory it could have. It's something I find very respectable There is one or two light issues I have with the plot, but overall I had a blast watching this. So if you're looking for a funny comedy and missed this one through the years, then I recommend you give it a shot. It's very funny and a lot of fun. Expand
  2. Feb 20, 2012
    I have watched it countless times and I still love watching it. Yes its not a perfect comedy, It definently has its flaws, but its still an enjoyable comedy and well worth the watch.
  3. Jan 16, 2012
    While the film does feature a lot of generic jokes about prison. The cast carries this film well beyond how good it should have been and they make it an enjoyable comedy worth watching.
  4. Jan 6, 2012
    There was more to this movie than the superficial and sometimes hard-to-harness humor associated with prison life. The ONLY thing that could even be REMOTELY funny about being incarcerated is the realm of sexual humor. But this movie had something more going for it than its humor. It also has a message, one that can be applied to just about any situation. For anyone that has ever doubted whether they can rise to the occasion, this movie is a representation of the fact that, given dire circumstances and the need to survive, people can surprise themselves with what they are capable of. A comedy with a message...that isn't an easy task to accomplish. Expand
  5. Nov 22, 2011
    I watched this film numerous times and I still enjoy it. Yes it may not be the best film out there but its a priceless comedy that will keep you laughing through out.

1. Odenkirk is an expert at the unexpected laugh. (This must be the first prison movie in which a cafeteria put-down involves the painter Lucian Freud.)
    A comedy that locks up Will Arnett's talent and throws away the key.
  3. It takes a while to realize that this is actually a sly, very funny comedy, one that stays admirably deadpan every time you think it’s about to veer into gross-out territory.