7.9

1. Jul 11, 2014
    I can sense why this Movie is what it is but i couldn´t watch it to the End. Nothing against old Movies but after the modern day standards i got used to it´s just horrific to watch
  2. Dec 2, 2013
    Maybe this stuff was funny decades ago, maybe it's because I think tv is funnier than cinema, but either way, this is a poor excuse for a comedy. There are far better ways to kill the length of time that this film runs.

Sluggish, repetitive, and strangely timorous, with little of the zap and imagination of the Pythons' television work.
    For all its scruffiness, the lurching strike-rate of its gags, and the unmistakable smell of amateur dramatics given off by its repertory of rotating players with their stick-on Ted Nugent beards, Life of Brian jitters with good will. [3 May 2004, p. 110]
    It has been said that a Monty Python movie is only successful if it offends everyone in the audience at least once. By that measuring stick as well as nearly any other, The Life of Brian is an unqualified triumph. It makes us confront our foibles and laugh at them.