7.0

1. Sep 7, 2014
    "Life of Crime" stars Jennifer Aniston and an ensemble cast consisting of Isla Fisher, Tim Robbins, John Hawkes, Yasiim Bey (formerly Mos Def) and Will Forte in this film written and directed by Daniel Schechter based on the book "The Switch" by the late Elmore Leonard. This a crime thriller, sort of a poor man's Fargo, that really doesn’t take itself too seriously although it could"Life of Crime" stars Jennifer Aniston and an ensemble cast consisting of Isla Fisher, Tim Robbins, John Hawkes, Yasiim Bey (formerly Mos Def) and Will Forte in this film written and directed by Daniel Schechter based on the book "The Switch" by the late Elmore Leonard. This a crime thriller, sort of a poor man's Fargo, that really doesn’t take itself too seriously although it could because the action is there but somehow, in the 1978 environment in which it all takes place, the film remains uncomplicated and easy to watch. It is light yet serious and made all the better due to the fine performances of Ms. Aniston and her fellow thespians. I give the film a 7.0 rating and suggest that it is a nice way to spend 100 minutes in an air conditioned venue.to view a movie that may not be great but it certainly is good. Expand
  2. Sep 4, 2014
    In having a compelling premise and written by Elmore Leonard, there's plenty of opportunities for success. Life of Crime manages to take most of them, despite falling short in the third act. Nevertheless, notable performances from both John Hawkes and Jennifer Aniston.
  3. Aug 31, 2014
    LIFE OF CRIME may not be the best Elmore Leonard adaptation but it's certainly not the worst. In face, LIFE has a winning script, a super plot, and a terrific cast. Unfortunately, director Daniel Schechter (who wrote the script) directs the film like a lead balloon undermining his really super writing. So ultimately, LIFE OF CRIME just isn't as much as it should be and has every right to be.
  4. Aug 29, 2014
    I was anticipating this movie just because the trailers were good, and I was hoping that this movie would be as good as I want it to be. Eventually, not laugh out loud funny, but it sense of humor and light hearted tone overshadowed some of the slow parts of the film. Jennifer Aniston is the spot light in this movie and she does a good job, I recommend you see this film if you want to haveI was anticipating this movie just because the trailers were good, and I was hoping that this movie would be as good as I want it to be. Eventually, not laugh out loud funny, but it sense of humor and light hearted tone overshadowed some of the slow parts of the film. Jennifer Aniston is the spot light in this movie and she does a good job, I recommend you see this film if you want to have a good time. Expand
  5. Sep 16, 2014
    it goes a little bit slowly ... i think that it needed to be shaking a little bit ... it may be the type of the movie .... but i don't think that i can see it more than one time .... unlike what i was expecting .... however the cast did a great job ...
  6. Dec 28, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I thought it was an excellent movie honestly. The movie has good acting, great story line and a good cast. The only problems I had with the movie were:
    1) It took a little while to catch up to being a good movie. I do admit I was bored at first and thought it was getting nowhere but hey.. I thought the movie The Giver got nowhere at first either but was an amazing movie.
    2) I thought it was pretty **** that Louis and Mickey didn't get together. He saved her from one of the guys that tried to rape her and he was so nice and he cared about her. Just like that scene where Mickey (Aniston) and Louis (Hawkes) were in the hotel room and Mickey put her arm under her head and closed her eyes and then Louis copied her and closed his eyes too. He then looked at her and smiled. I felt like he liked her. Maybe even loved her. You can tell by how he treats her and stuff.

So as you can tell.. My main disappointment was #2. Such a shame. If they would have gotten together.. It would have been on my favorite movie list. But its still an amazing movie. Go watch it and see if there's the same problems or MAIN problem I had. :)

1. Reviewed by: Patrick Gamble
    Sep 4, 2014
    Schechter's latest marks its arrival with a fanfare of style and sass, but lacks the necessary bite to leave a lasting impression.
  2. Reviewed by: Kenneth Turan
    Sep 4, 2014
    Life of Crime has the authentic Leonard snap, crackle and pop.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike McCahill
    Sep 4, 2014
    If you’re in the market for a workaday crime story, Schechter’s film fulfills some of its obligations. You might just wish it had more life.